• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7879 users

Newbie Mini Mafia IV - Page 55

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 Next
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 18:29 GMT
#1081
I definitely got lazy towards the end. Already I am pretty uncomfortable repeating myself or making spammy posts. But that was exactly what I needed to do day4. My case against slOosh was already made. I wasn't going to add much more too it even if I went back. But I blame myself for not bringing it back up over and over to keep it in the spotlight. I made my point against slOosh, figured that should be enough, then moved on to trying to figure out the scumteam. I never should have moved on until slOosh was dead.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 18:52 GMT
#1082
slOosh did a great job of controlling the thread without immediately being drawn out as scum.

NightFury played the hapless noob extremely well.

J&H confused the hell out of me (though I blame most of that on them being a hydra).

Phagga tunneled Chocolate a little too hard, though I blame myself for not bringing him around.

Alderan, I really should have just started pushing people who would have cleared you early. Right from the start I realized we were thinking pretty similarly. If I had taken action to get a town read on you I think we could have torn the thread up.

Ghost, when you posted those 2 quick posts after slOosh's defense, I decided you either just made a very very bad play or you were scum. They did sound rushed, they were contradictory, and they showed you sided with slOosh at that point. Whether or not that was true, that is how they came across. I didn't have a full case against you. But for me, just those 2 posts were enough. I should have realized that slOosh wouldn't have taken the risk of bussing you with his day1 case. But with how easily those suspicions were dropped by slOosh and Alderan, I thought slOosh might have been just being extra sneaky.

k2hd, the fact that you were not posting often and you were posting extremely safe put you on both my radar and Alderan's. It took a scum vouching for your innocence before we would believe you. The scum team had you pegged as the DT day4. You in all likelihood would have been hit that night even if we lynched correctly. If your schedule permits it you have to take a more active role if you want to avoid being hit for looking blue by scum.

gumshoe, it saddened me a bit to watch you get frustrated with the game and just start posting things that were wrong or had no benefit to the town. You showed last game that you can look at the game from a different angle, which is extremely valuable. Instead of looking at the lack of activity as a bad thing, take that opportunity when you know that the town isn't going to be posting new things that you need to respond to to read filters and generate content.

zelblade, you need to start siding with me over slOosh. This is the second game you have picked up his cause and then offered a weak case against me. I wanted to believe that you were town. But the way you pushed me felt so much like SNMM7 that I started getting suspicious, and it also reduced my suspicion of slOosh. You threw a monkey wrench in my understanding of the game.

Janaan, sad you got hit.
Guts? Determination? $5?
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
March 08 2012 19:07 GMT
#1083
On March 09 2012 03:52 DoYouHas wrote:
slOosh did a great job of controlling the thread without immediately being drawn out as scum.

NightFury played the hapless noob extremely well.

J&H confused the hell out of me (though I blame most of that on them being a hydra).

Phagga tunneled Chocolate a little too hard, though I blame myself for not bringing him around.

Alderan, I really should have just started pushing people who would have cleared you early. Right from the start I realized we were thinking pretty similarly. If I had taken action to get a town read on you I think we could have torn the thread up.

Ghost, when you posted those 2 quick posts after slOosh's defense, I decided you either just made a very very bad play or you were scum. They did sound rushed, they were contradictory, and they showed you sided with slOosh at that point. Whether or not that was true, that is how they came across. I didn't have a full case against you. But for me, just those 2 posts were enough. I should have realized that slOosh wouldn't have taken the risk of bussing you with his day1 case. But with how easily those suspicions were dropped by slOosh and Alderan, I thought slOosh might have been just being extra sneaky.

k2hd, the fact that you were not posting often and you were posting extremely safe put you on both my radar and Alderan's. It took a scum vouching for your innocence before we would believe you. The scum team had you pegged as the DT day4. You in all likelihood would have been hit that night even if we lynched correctly. If your schedule permits it you have to take a more active role if you want to avoid being hit for looking blue by scum.

gumshoe, it saddened me a bit to watch you get frustrated with the game and just start posting things that were wrong or had no benefit to the town. You showed last game that you can look at the game from a different angle, which is extremely valuable. Instead of looking at the lack of activity as a bad thing, take that opportunity when you know that the town isn't going to be posting new things that you need to respond to to read filters and generate content.

zelblade, you need to start siding with me over slOosh. This is the second game you have picked up his cause and then offered a weak case against me. I wanted to believe that you were town. But the way you pushed me felt so much like SNMM7 that I started getting suspicious, and it also reduced my suspicion of slOosh. You threw a monkey wrench in my understanding of the game.

Janaan, sad you got hit.


I gave you my case on Test ( : the real gem was how quickly he reacted to it, he posted his defence even before I posted the entire case. Bit sad he got passed over ) :

Also Sloosh was just so frustrating, I knew he was scum, his play was so much more vindictive, so much less positive, and after mislynching he showed no remorse, town sloosh would've gotten alot more emotional if he had just been the cause of towns third mislynch in a row, but there was no way to beat him back, he was just so entrenched in the thread and he never slipped up ) : my mistake was phagga but that was just more because he insulted me, lesson being keep your cool regardless if your the aggressor or the defender, and I wont lie its unbelievably disheartening to just know that someone is scum(test who was clearly playing the noob card to extreme lengths) and not be able to do anything about it because you've spent the whole game over compensating for other players with pointless posts ) : and now your word is worth less than copper league.

Kudos to sloosh for being such a hard nut to crack.

Also really glad ghost was a townie ( :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 08 2012 19:08 GMT
#1084
To be honest, we weren't technically a "hydra". It was more like I was replaced by Jekyll.

Until N2, I was the only one that posted
After N2, Jekyll was the only one that posted.

I don't think we ever interacted with each other or posted reads at the same time, except for that "We just disagree with some reads" comment that happened only twice.

So, trying to analyse us would be the same as analysing zelblade/4face for instance.
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
March 08 2012 19:15 GMT
#1085
On March 09 2012 04:08 gonzaw wrote:
To be honest, we weren't technically a "hydra". It was more like I was replaced by Jekyll.

Until N2, I was the only one that posted
After N2, Jekyll was the only one that posted.

I don't think we ever interacted with each other or posted reads at the same time, except for that "We just disagree with some reads" comment that happened only twice.

So, trying to analyse us would be the same as analysing zelblade/4face for instance.


But it didnt seem that way on the surface ( : Point is when a townies like ok time to build a case, do they wanna tackle the guy whose accused them or the guy who says hes a super noob? Or do you tackle the guy who IS TWO GUYS.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
March 08 2012 19:17 GMT
#1086
Note that on the last day, as the DT hadn't claimed, it was valid to assume that the DT was happy about the direction that the voting was going. Therefore all townies should have voted Sloosh regardless of their personal reads. I suspect that's why Ghost did.

Someone should have actually stated this during the last 24 hours. With no blue influence, town has near zero chance in a 4-10 setup, so even meta-DT logic is critical.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 08 2012 19:21 GMT
#1087
On March 09 2012 04:17 jaj22 wrote:
Note that on the last day, as the DT hadn't claimed, it was valid to assume that the DT was happy about the direction that the voting was going. Therefore all townies should have voted Sloosh regardless of their personal reads. I suspect that's why Ghost did.

Someone should have actually stated this during the last 24 hours. With no blue influence, town has near zero chance in a 4-10 setup, so even meta-DT logic is critical.



Not all townies were convinced there was a DT; or at least they shouldn't just assume there is a DT, and that if there is one he likes the direction town is going. It's too much speculation.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 20:08 GMT
#1088
With the lack of a vig hit night 3 and with a roleblocker in the game. It is a pretty safe assumption to think there is a dt in the game.
Guts? Determination? $5?
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 08 2012 20:18 GMT
#1089
On March 09 2012 05:08 DoYouHas wrote:
With the lack of a vig hit night 3 and with a roleblocker in the game. It is a pretty safe assumption to think there is a dt in the game.


If I was a townie I wouldn't make that assumption on LYLO


Two reasons:

-There may be a vig but didn't shoot (which was the case)
-There may be a vet that hasn't been shot yet.

Town could even have 2 blues, so even if 1 of those was true, assuming there's a DT at LYLO is not smart (in case there isn't one).


Although yeah, there hasn't been a Newbie Game without a DT yet, so I guess it's not that bad assuming there is one in these Newbie Games >_> (although I'm speaking in more general terms)
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
March 08 2012 20:46 GMT
#1090
In a 4-10 newbie game with a roleblocker, I think you can safely assume that there's a DT. You also have to assume that the DT is not a complete idiot, otherwise you're screwed anyway. Therefore if he's not claiming, it's because he thinks he doesn't need to.

If you're playing a GMarshal non-newbie game there might be two vets and two vigs, sure

Regardless, town were screwed unless all five townies were on one lynch. DYH, Chocolate and K2hd all looked pretty sure of their Sloosh votes, so unless you thought all of them were scum, the only choice was to vote Sloosh. The DT assumption just helps you out a bit with that decision.
EternaLSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland7 Posts
March 08 2012 20:49 GMT
#1091
As a person who was spectating the entire game, i was a bit dissapointed by how things ended, so i want to try to top this. @dreamflower&Qatol, will you be hosting another newbie mini mafia or? i got on too late for SNMMVIII.
Also sloosh, im very surprised that you werent lynched, but that was some brilliant play on your part.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 08 2012 21:07 GMT
#1092
On March 09 2012 05:46 jaj22 wrote:
In a 4-10 newbie game with a roleblocker, I think you can safely assume that there's a DT. You also have to assume that the DT is not a complete idiot, otherwise you're screwed anyway. Therefore if he's not claiming, it's because he thinks he doesn't need to.

If you're playing a GMarshal non-newbie game there might be two vets and two vigs, sure

Regardless, town were screwed unless all five townies were on one lynch. DYH, Chocolate and K2hd all looked pretty sure of their Sloosh votes, so unless you thought all of them were scum, the only choice was to vote Sloosh. The DT assumption just helps you out a bit with that decision.


I could see all three of them being scum. It would have been super aggressive on their part, but with most of the town lurking, they probably could have pulled it off.

Honestly, I thought sloosh's move to try to get a Chocolate lynch was him sacrificing his teammate for an extra night for himself. I figured sloosh was the RB.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
March 08 2012 21:13 GMT
#1093
Sorry guys, I was running out of time at the end and I frankly lost my passion after defending myself the whole game.I was too lazy to articulate my reasons for lynching sloosh and let DYH do it, sorry bro. My apologies to phagga and the town for super tunnel vision -.-

Scum played well, didn't really expect jekyll at all and I thought NF was just noob town TT
EternaLSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland7 Posts
March 08 2012 21:13 GMT
#1094
Ghost, when i was looking over the game i noticed lots of people finding you suspicious... However, i didnt find you suspicious at all. I thought you played well except for not shooting, although it could have been a good move.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
March 08 2012 21:54 GMT
#1095
On March 09 2012 05:49 EternaLSC2 wrote:
As a person who was spectating the entire game, i was a bit dissapointed by how things ended, so i want to try to top this. @dreamflower&Qatol, will you be hosting another newbie mini mafia or? i got on too late for SNMMVIII.
Also sloosh, im very surprised that you werent lynched, but that was some brilliant play on your part.

There's a spot open in SNMM8 if you still want to join.

EternaLSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland7 Posts
March 08 2012 22:03 GMT
#1096
On March 09 2012 06:54 Janaan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 05:49 EternaLSC2 wrote:
As a person who was spectating the entire game, i was a bit dissapointed by how things ended, so i want to try to top this. @dreamflower&Qatol, will you be hosting another newbie mini mafia or? i got on too late for SNMMVIII.
Also sloosh, im very surprised that you werent lynched, but that was some brilliant play on your part.

There's a spot open in SNMM8 if you still want to join.


Will enter now
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 09 2012 00:47 GMT
#1097
On March 09 2012 06:13 EternaLSC2 wrote:
Ghost, when i was looking over the game i noticed lots of people finding you suspicious... However, i didnt find you suspicious at all. I thought you played well except for not shooting, although it could have been a good move.



At some point I had to justify my "suspicion" on ghost by saying "Well, he could be scum, I got a lot of reads wrong before so why not?"; because I couldn't find a legitimate reason to be suspicious of him >_>


Well, at least that was by the end of N1, after that I didn't even care
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 09 2012 13:20 GMT
#1098
On March 09 2012 06:13 EternaLSC2 wrote:
Ghost, when i was looking over the game i noticed lots of people finding you suspicious... However, i didnt find you suspicious at all. I thought you played well except for not shooting, although it could have been a good move.


Haha, thanks. Now, if only I didn't suck at finding scum...
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
k2hd
Profile Joined February 2012
Cayman Islands78 Posts
March 09 2012 13:28 GMT
#1099
Yeah sorry DoYouHas and phagga, I really didn't have enough time to play solo as opposed to the hydra this account was meant to be, so I apologise again. I will be staying out of mafia games till I have the time again.


On March 08 2012 17:10 FourFace wrote:
Flawless Victory. GG scum. Shame on vig. DT claim faster ffs. Townies try to prove your innocence faster above all else. DoYouHas .. I'm sorry dude. Forget about it.


I don't think anyone here needs to hear advice from you.
FourFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
701 Posts
March 09 2012 13:34 GMT
#1100
Why not? It's not like anyone doubted my townieness. Confirmed townie from Day 1, I say that's pretty boss. Then guess what .. 3 roleblocks wasted on a Vanilla Townie. U jelly?
I don't know, lynch me!
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 29m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.