• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:07
CEST 03:07
KST 10:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6367 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 75

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 176 Next
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 08 2011 03:18 GMT
#1481
Sorry guys I promised posting tonight and I just dont have time. I will be active following thread tomorrow at work and able to post more complete thoughts at home after work.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 08 2011 03:19 GMT
#1482
Fuck me I've been gone all day. I have so much catching up to do I'm sorry about my absence. I've had to study for finals that I have tomorrow. Is there anything extremely pressing that I need to do? I'll be sitting down and reading through everything to catch up regardless. I apologize for my absence.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 08 2011 03:20 GMT
#1483
On December 08 2011 12:10 Zephirdd wrote:
So yeah, no point in speculating that. I don't know how to avoid these WIFOM circles, so I'll just assume that Palmar is town for the time being.


There is a very easy way to avoid the WIFOM circles. 9 out of 10 times mafia act in their own best interest. Yes there is the occasional bus, and yes there is the occasional false roleclaim, but they are the exception. Ideally you learn to pick out those exceptions, but if you simply ask yourself "would it be advantageous to do this as mafia" then you will be right far more often than you are wrong. No need for WIFOM.

However, Palmar, of all the players I have seen play is more than willing to break that rule(cop claim in SMG as scum????). I don't think that is what he is doing here though. I can see why redFF might jump to that conclusion though.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 08 2011 03:27 GMT
#1484
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 08 2011 03:31 GMT
#1485
sorry red, I'm just a dumb town, not scum. in fact I don't think you hit one single scum on that list. "maybe rad".

well, I'm off. stayed awake waaaay longer than I should have.
No idea on who to vote.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 08 2011 03:32 GMT
#1486
On December 08 2011 12:27 redFF wrote:
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?

[image loading]
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 08 2011 04:18 GMT
#1487
On December 08 2011 12:32 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 12:27 redFF wrote:
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?

[image loading]

[image loading]
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 08 2011 04:29 GMT
#1488
@Radfield I've read annul's game as scum and honestly his bevaiour is quite similar when he is both town and scum. So let me ask you a question: What can you assume about the setup given the new information we have been presented with so far?
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 08 2011 05:11 GMT
#1489
On December 08 2011 13:29 sandroba wrote:
@Radfield I've read annul's game as scum and honestly his bevaiour is quite similar when he is both town and scum. So let me ask you a question: What can you assume about the setup given the new information we have been presented with so far?


lol if my behavior is the same then how can you tell what i am?

oh snap did i just drop a logic bomb on your ass?
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 08 2011 06:14 GMT
#1490
On December 08 2011 12:27 redFF wrote:
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?

I'd be surprised if anyone on this list was mafia sorry I'm not sorry for being honest (or it might turn out I'm just stupid)
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
December 08 2011 09:58 GMT
#1491
I'm sorry. I know I said I would post, but I literally just spent 14 hours on my project and am almost done. It's now bedtime. I didn't realize it would take so long. I will post first thing in the morning.

On December 08 2011 15:14 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 12:27 redFF wrote:
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?

I'd be surprised if anyone on this list was mafia sorry I'm not sorry for being honest (or it might turn out I'm just stupid)

Can you at the very least explain why you'd be surprised?
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
December 08 2011 10:01 GMT
#1492
Hey dudes. Having a massive hangover right now (after 2 birthdays in a row), don't feel like reading trough the last 20 pages and punishing my brain. I'll try to get back on track soon. Have funnn~
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
December 08 2011 10:40 GMT
#1493
##unvote Palmar
I am unvoting Palmar not because his play seems very townie to me, but because as people have pointed out, his role in the hands of the mafia would further unbalance the game. (Access to 7/26 votes at start.) Also, I really feel that his anonymous vote ability would have done a lot more harm to the town if he had kept it anonymous. People would have spent time reading into it, trying to figure out who it was, etc.

One of the nice things about believing Palmar to be mafia was that there was a cascade effect to find the other mafia, certain people having helped him when he was in trouble. I still do feel like lynching him and seeing his flip would provide some clarity about other people's alignments.

I like the case against Erandorr, but what I don't like about lynching Erandorr is that I don't feel like lynching him provides us with much more information. He hasn't really been a hot topic, like Palmar has so we just won't get as much information from lynching him as we would from Palmar.

Nonetheless, Palmar's Floridian role and his willingness to remove the anonymity make me think he is town and therefore, I will

##vote Erandorr
Carbon FC
hyshes
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium428 Posts
December 08 2011 11:37 GMT
#1494
On December 08 2011 12:27 redFF wrote:
scumteam atm is palmar, prplhz, zephirdd mattchew and then someone else i dunno maybe rad?


I'm following redFF here. With the exception of rad. The reaction of zephirdd and mattchew is rather weird.

I don't know what the gif from radfield means. Care to use words?
How does liquid slide? Liquid horns Hero after the synonym. How can Hero return beside the driver? The moving feat expenses the mortal. Will Hero pause?
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 08 2011 12:12 GMT
#1495
On December 08 2011 19:40 TruthBringer wrote:
##unvote Palmar
I am unvoting Palmar not because his play seems very townie to me, but because as people have pointed out, his role in the hands of the mafia would further unbalance the game. (Access to 7/26 votes at start.) Also, I really feel that his anonymous vote ability would have done a lot more harm to the town if he had kept it anonymous. People would have spent time reading into it, trying to figure out who it was, etc.

One of the nice things about believing Palmar to be mafia was that there was a cascade effect to find the other mafia, certain people having helped him when he was in trouble. I still do feel like lynching him and seeing his flip would provide some clarity about other people's alignments.

I like the case against Erandorr, but what I don't like about lynching Erandorr is that I don't feel like lynching him provides us with much more information. He hasn't really been a hot topic, like Palmar has so we just won't get as much information from lynching him as we would from Palmar.

Nonetheless, Palmar's Floridian role and his willingness to remove the anonymity make me think he is town and therefore, I will

##vote Erandorr

how do you know how the game is balanced? Mafia could very well have 7/26 votes, we've already had like 4 pr claims and its day 2, who knows how this game is balanced?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 08 2011 13:00 GMT
#1496
It's time.


You don't always catch scum in the same way. There is, for example, no traditional way of catching Kenpachi or Coagulation as scum, because they will not, regardless of their alignment, provide us with content that can be broken down and analyzed through post by post analysis.

That is not to say you can't catch people who play unconventionally as scum. While annul doesn't write long, well explained posts, no matter his alignment, it's the content and direction, as well as the intention of these posts that give a player away. I think annul is a good player, he doesn't give himself away every single post. But it's rather the overall playstyle that reeks of scum.

Let's look at why annul is scum:

For convenience, here is his entire filter: Clicky

There is not much to be had on annul's alignment from his initial posting. He is mostly correct in his thoughts, simply because arguing such mundane things as "should we use lists or not" is not something that can give away people's alignments. No matter their opinion on such things.

The first post that stuck out to me was this:

On December 05 2011 06:04 annul wrote:
im still waiting for purple haze to address his blue claim. if i saw it, mafia surely saw it too. and i saw it immediately. ;\


This is regarding prplhz's sentence: "Just want to sit around and wait for power roles to do our job"

Here's the deal, this is in no way a blue claim, and as soon as prplhz denies it being one, the issue should be ignored, yet even quite a bit later annul is still wondering about a trivial issue. The sentence can easily be read from the point of view of prplhz being town and "our job" referring to finding mafia, not blues using their abilities.

Why does annul want to stick with this? Because it gives him an excuse to contribute nothing, which has been a hallmark of his play this game.

On December 05 2011 06:10 annul wrote:
people NEED to be aware that he blueslipped there. it changes everything.


What the shit is a blueslip, there is no such thing. He denied it referring to him being blue, and that should be taken at facevalue. It changes exactly nothing, annul is just staying on his road of "If I tunnel this, I don't have to contribute".

Just so I point it out, annul's vote on Drazerk, followed by his switch to Soap gives us no indication of his alignment.

Let's talk some more about how to avoid contributing and draw bad conclusions:

On December 06 2011 03:02 annul wrote:
im still waiting to see if soap actually flips from v7's shot or if this is a grand troll by everybody

if soap actually flips anything nonred i'm instavoting palmar and not unvoting


What has Soap's alignment to do with me? I called him my homeboy, so if I'm right I must be scum? Where's the logic here. I did not ask for Soap to be shot, the whole issue has nothing to do with me. I retracted my claim before the shot was fired, and confirmed it. The decision was a rash, bad decision from v7, against a person that I had no intention of getting shot.

As syllogism so brilliantly put it:

On December 06 2011 03:05 syllogism wrote:
So you are saying palmar is scum, vader is town and palmar used his psychic powers to determine that vader is a town day vig and would shoot Soap instead of, say, himself?


Of course, this doesn't stop annul with following through with his completely illogical train of thought, because that's a favorite thing of mafia, to not use logic and just run with stuff.

On December 06 2011 06:10 annul wrote:
wow. you have to be kidding me.

##vote palmar


Now, please recheck annul's filter ( here ) and scroll down to where he votes me. Notice how sharply his contribution rate has fallen. Not only that, but there is also NO effort at scumhunting at all. He literally hasn't accused anyone of anything since he decided I was red. There is no substance. I think the closest thing was calling Jackal a moron.

He hasn't even pushed a case against me today.

The bottom line, is that in addition to the complete lack of scumhunting, the complete lack of contributions, annul claimed to have been saved by a medic, from a shot I am all but certain was fired by syllogism, makes me have a very strong feeling this guy is scum.

On December 08 2011 01:36 annul wrote:
why the fuck is palmar of all people leading a wagon on ME of all people? did you all forget the shit he pulled yesterday? letting palmar run shit = outed jack and a dead green


Notice, there is not logical reason for not listening to me, it's just the fact that because I'm aggressive and v7 panicked, I must by extension not be trusted. Annul is clinging onto the notion that disregarding me by referring to the misfired shot yesterday, he can discredit me enough so that I won't be listened to.

I'm still waiting on anything that can count as contribution from annul today.

I think it's also very bad for town to try and push the issue aside. If we allow the mafia do deflect the annul lynch onto a random townie (Radfield, I'm looking at you), we both eliminate the chance that we hit mafia today, and we cause town to be in exactly the same situation tomorrow. It's probably a better idea to lynch me, because at least that will validate everything I'm saying, not like mafia is gonna let me live after the night if annul dies.

With 15 townies alive and 6 mafia, we need 11 townies to make the correct decision. The correct decision is to lynch annul today.

I was useless on day 1, please accept this scum as a token of my regret.

Annul is mafia

##Vote annul
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 08 2011 13:06 GMT
#1497
On December 08 2011 05:11 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 04:59 Radfield wrote:


If annul was NOT shot last night by syllo, would you still be wanting him lynched?



EBWOP: If annul was NOT shot last night(ie, did not claim a hit), would you still be wanting him lynched?


I think my latest post answers your question.
Computer says mafia
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 08 2011 13:24 GMT
#1498
@Palmar

Why didn't annul claim veteran? How do you feel about vaderseven? You know the guy has played forum mafia for years right, he isn't supposed to panic in a situation where he has confirmed that he's not in any immediate danger.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 08 2011 13:30 GMT
#1499
On December 08 2011 22:24 prplhz wrote:
@Palmar

Why didn't annul claim veteran? How do you feel about vaderseven? You know the guy has played forum mafia for years right, he isn't supposed to panic in a situation where he has confirmed that he's not in any immediate danger.


Annul might be forced to claim a role later in the game. There might be trackers, watchers, role cops and probably some other roles that can disprove him being a veteran. I would literally role-cop him immediately on night 3 if I was a rolecop.

v7's play is very weird, if he's indeed a veteran it makes him look pretty bad. However, I think his anger towards me for pushing him looks pretty genuine, although it's obviously not very well thought out. In addition, I liked the fact he tried to communicate his Jack claim prior to straight up claiming, that looks like something townies would probably do more often than mafia. I have interest in getting him lynched today, and probably not ever.
Computer says mafia
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 08 2011 13:42 GMT
#1500
I still like my Erandorr case way more for the same reasons I already said yesterday. Those people on Annul right now are just not the most confirmed townies around to put it that way. That wagon formed so fast although it came to a halt that I just got a bad feeling of mafia influence here. I mean I got a case on erandorr and he's on Annul. That's not a good sign for me. Drazerk who's still a liar to me until he gets a confirmed save is not exactly the kind of guy I'd like on a bus as well.

Just look at erandorr for a second palmar. That guy did everything I expected, did a bigger post to protect himself and started one-liners right afterwards. I called him out for this behaviour, he made a bigger post in which he admits that his filter looks pretty damning but finishes along the lines "well but I'm a townie and I am really sorry I'm screwing town right now! I am willing to help you guys no matter what just shoot me a question". So people came along hugging him like a little baby that's told that it's not his fault and that everything's going to be okay.
Guess what? I asked him a simple question straight away after his post. He still hasn't answered, still somehow people think he's looking more town now with his most recent post because I guess people feel sorry for him. This is a cheap trick.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 212
ProTech151
ViBE128
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 700
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever480
Counter-Strike
taco 126
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1026
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 483
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur437
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 54m
INu's Battles
9h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 54m
OSC
21h 9m
Replay Cast
21h 54m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.