• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:30
CEST 18:30
KST 01:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9514 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 176 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 06 2011 09:39 GMT
#1041
No mafia with half a brain is going to kill you VE.
Computer says mafia
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 09:43 GMT
#1042
On December 06 2011 14:45 Hier wrote:
It seems I have underestimated the amount of terrible town players in this game.

I don't lurk, ever. Nor do I plan to. Not as town, not as scum. If I don't post, it's because I can't.

Also, what kind of a pathetic death was that? I'll remember that, WBG.

gg

If one post in 48 hours is all you can muster, which by the way does not even meet the activity requirements, don't join games or at least inform us of your inactivity beforehand. Do not reply to this since you are dead.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 06 2011 10:48 GMT
#1043
On December 06 2011 18:43 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 14:45 Hier wrote:
It seems I have underestimated the amount of terrible town players in this game.

I don't lurk, ever. Nor do I plan to. Not as town, not as scum. If I don't post, it's because I can't.

Also, what kind of a pathetic death was that? I'll remember that, WBG.

gg

If one post in 48 hours is all you can muster, which by the way does not even meet the activity requirements, don't join games or at least inform us of your inactivity beforehand. Do not reply to this since you are dead.

Do not talk to or pick on dead people. Its not fair to attack them if they cannot respond. If you want to have a discussion, please save it for after the game.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
December 06 2011 11:55 GMT
#1044
On December 06 2011 19:48 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 18:43 syllogism wrote:
On December 06 2011 14:45 Hier wrote:
It seems I have underestimated the amount of terrible town players in this game.

I don't lurk, ever. Nor do I plan to. Not as town, not as scum. If I don't post, it's because I can't.

Also, what kind of a pathetic death was that? I'll remember that, WBG.

gg

If one post in 48 hours is all you can muster, which by the way does not even meet the activity requirements, don't join games or at least inform us of your inactivity beforehand. Do not reply to this since you are dead.

Do not talk to or pick on dead people. Its not fair to attack them if they cannot respond. If you want to have a discussion, please save it for after the game.


Especially since you're only doing it to justify your vote and attempt to wash your hands clean...

The bandwagon on Hier was formed out of convenience with manipulation from mafia. Don't pretend that there was an actual good reason to carry it out.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 11:55 GMT
#1045
Yes, that was inappropriate but his farewell post was quite ridiculous
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
December 06 2011 12:04 GMT
#1046
On December 06 2011 20:55 syllogism wrote:
Yes, that was inappropriate but his farewell post was quite ridiculous


Maybe he's thinking ahead to future games where he might actually be mafia. Then he can purposely not post and quote himself. It's ingenious!!

If I get killed tonight, I'm going to have to come up with a really good multi-purpose death post as well.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 06 2011 12:12 GMT
#1047
drazerk you should've claimed later
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 06 2011 12:24 GMT
#1048
kingjames what do you think of my defense?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 12:25 GMT
#1049
On December 06 2011 20:55 kingjames01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 19:48 Incognito wrote:
On December 06 2011 18:43 syllogism wrote:
On December 06 2011 14:45 Hier wrote:
It seems I have underestimated the amount of terrible town players in this game.

I don't lurk, ever. Nor do I plan to. Not as town, not as scum. If I don't post, it's because I can't.

Also, what kind of a pathetic death was that? I'll remember that, WBG.

gg

If one post in 48 hours is all you can muster, which by the way does not even meet the activity requirements, don't join games or at least inform us of your inactivity beforehand. Do not reply to this since you are dead.

Do not talk to or pick on dead people. Its not fair to attack them if they cannot respond. If you want to have a discussion, please save it for after the game.

The bandwagon on Hier was formed out of convenience with manipulation from mafia. Don't pretend that there was an actual good reason to carry it out.

Can you expand on this? I know you haven't been around lately, but if you have been reading the thread, you must know that a lot of people consider Palmar a good player and he was quite active. I notice you were not voting for Palmar and thus believe that he likely isn't mafia. Who would mafia rather want dead, hier or palmar? After answering that, reconcile it with your assertion that the wagon formed "out of convenience and manipulation from mafia". Can you point to anything specific in Hier's play that made you so sure that he would flip town?

If you struggle answering these questions, what do you think your alignment is more likely to be, objectively speaking?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 06 2011 12:35 GMT
#1050
lol syllo.

Anyway, I just want to throw in my two cents on v7 for now.

vaderseven is extremely unlikely to be scum, except for one thing, his choice of target.

Everything else points towards him being town. The attempt to communicate his role name to me (Jack) especially screams town, as it seems like he'd never be confident enough to try that if his role was a scumrole. In addition, the panic seemed real enough, and I'm dead sure that he'd have waited for his team approval if he was mafia.

Now, shooting soap was pretty bad, the only reasonable explanation I can find to it is that Soap was super-lurking, and vaderseven noticed me calling Soap my homeboy, and somehow hoped Soap would flip scum in order to incriminate me. Obviously vaderseven was at the time quite pissed off at me.

But yes, even the only reasonable explanation for the target choice leads to v7 being town. I guess you could argue that Soap is also the lowest-risk target for mafia, and for that reason I'm not willing to go as far as call v7 confirmed, but I'd at least consider him quite strongly town.
Computer says mafia
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
December 06 2011 13:38 GMT
#1051
On December 06 2011 08:27 Mattchew wrote:
Im ##vote redFF his posts are all one liners and offer literally nothing. He originally voted Palmar then hoped off that when others starting voting him. He is now trying to start a corrupt bandwagon leading me to believe that palmar and corrupt are town as well.

On December 06 2011 09:55 Mattchew wrote:
My feeling is that redFF is mafia and I would like people to look more closely at that. If not I cannot sit here and vote for someone we know so little about...


I am with you on this one. There's something fishy about him and lately with all the non-productive one-liners he posts,
I'm starting to have a stronger feeling on him.
Okey so, in the start he did some scumhunting, made a case on Palmar and proved to be very agressive in his search for information. I read this as an attempt of establishing himself as a Green player (which I think he succeeded to do).
Then what he does is switching his vote from Palmar (his original case) to me.

On December 05 2011 21:23 redFF wrote:
##Unvote
meh palmar you're ok for now

can't get over corrupt saying "so many suspicious people" and then only being able to list 1 and then ignoring my pushing of the issue.

##Vote Corrupt


After I ask for his argument, he just ignores me with this line:
<2 people is not "so many">
And never sayis anything in addition to the subject.
Okey, good, but later.. This happens:

On December 06 2011 06:47 Corrupt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 06:39 redFF wrote:
GODDAMN THIS PALMAR WAGON IS BAD

You had a case on Palmar earlier and now you're unhappy with the current events.
Bother to explain please?


He just goes:
On December 06 2011 06:47 redFF wrote:
EVERYONE ON CORRUPT GOGOGO


..What?
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 13:38 GMT
#1052
On December 06 2011 16:52 Drazerk wrote:
I told you he would escape the lynch only to lynch a townie it happens every time -.-

I CLAIM ROLEBLOCK IMMUNE MEDIC

...who has to claim night one.

Going away for next few hours do your worst scum.

quick question: Why did you claim? Is your roleblock immune medic also immortal?
About palmar: I still think he's probably town and his role is confirmed since the anon-vote appeared. However people have been saying this role is a mafia role, it could be very well a mafia palmar who just claimed his real role because he's able to prove it. So I'm not going to trust palmar unless he makes some good moves this day.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 13:41 GMT
#1053
On December 06 2011 22:38 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 16:52 Drazerk wrote:
I told you he would escape the lynch only to lynch a townie it happens every time -.-

I CLAIM ROLEBLOCK IMMUNE MEDIC

...who has to claim night one.

Going away for next few hours do your worst scum.

quick question: Why did you claim? Is your roleblock immune medic also immortal?
About palmar: I still think he's probably town and his role is confirmed since the anon-vote appeared. However people have been saying this role is a mafia role, it could be very well a mafia palmar who just claimed his real role because he's able to prove it. So I'm not going to trust palmar unless he makes some good moves this day.


There is the possibility that he is a Jack of All Trades that has to claim every night the role he wants to be.

That's what I could make of that at least.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 13:46 GMT
#1054
could you link me to a wiki or something with a describtion of that role? I have no idea what you're talking about.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 13:48 GMT
#1055
EBWOP: google solved it, reading
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 06 2011 13:51 GMT
#1056
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jack_of_all_trades

JOAT is actually a very bland name that could determine a role that can do multiple things with limitations. For instance, on Steamship Liquidia, I was a Jack of All Trades(Blackjack) that could roleblock, protect or frame, but not all at once. There was a "Corpse Jack" which was also considered a JOAT that could do anything a dead player could, provided he selected a player to "copy" on that night.

The very description is "Jack of All Trades, Master of None", which means that he is capable of anything, but there are drawbacks.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 06 2011 13:52 GMT
#1057
@Palmar

What about his timings during this whole dayvig thing. You retract your dayvig claim here and he absolutely knows this because he asks you if you retracted and then you answer "yes". After that has been established he goes on to shoot Soap even though he says here that he will shoot only if is closed to being lynched. I am really interested in hearing vaderseven's reason for why he shot Soap when he was absolutely certain he wasn't in any immediate danger, going against what he had previously said about his shot, because this is very scummy to me.

I don't see why a townie would shoot in this situation. Even though he hasn't played on this forum a lot, vaderseven is a veteran with years of experience. If he was townie he would have kept his head cool and then he would have listened to other people for opinions on who to shoot.

If he is scum he in a pretty bad situation, and he has following options:
  • Claim that he lied, but this would put him in a pretty bad spot. Why would a townie lie and claim dayvig in this situation? Makes no sense.
  • He can keep his head cool. He could have asked around for opinions, but that would make his shot controlled by town or it would make him a lot more accountable for whoever he would end up choosing if this wasn't somebody that a lot of people recommended.
  • He can just shoot a guy like Soap, and you recognize that this is low-risk target for scum, and how everybody said he was town after that shot and that just proves this point. If he got in more heat he could just blame you and supersoft for how you pressured him into shooting (which was pretty stupid but I'll leave that for now).

If he is town, why the hell didn't he wait for people to show up and tell everybody to calm down? Why didn't he want to listen to other people's opinion, but instead he went all vigilante? I think that this would be the only way for a townie to handle this situation when he's not actually in immediate danger. I don't agree with your idea that vaderseven would have waited around for whatever people said in QT, this was an ideal situation for scum vaderseven to get his shot off without being held very much accountable, and I'm pretty sure that town vaderseven would have kept his cool in this situation.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 06 2011 13:53 GMT
#1058
On December 06 2011 22:41 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 22:38 Toadesstern wrote:
On December 06 2011 16:52 Drazerk wrote:
I told you he would escape the lynch only to lynch a townie it happens every time -.-

I CLAIM ROLEBLOCK IMMUNE MEDIC

...who has to claim night one.

Going away for next few hours do your worst scum.

quick question: Why did you claim? Is your roleblock immune medic also immortal?
About palmar: I still think he's probably town and his role is confirmed since the anon-vote appeared. However people have been saying this role is a mafia role, it could be very well a mafia palmar who just claimed his real role because he's able to prove it. So I'm not going to trust palmar unless he makes some good moves this day.


There is the possibility that he is a Jack of All Trades that has to claim every night the role he wants to be.

That's what I could make of that at least.


mmh not much info about that role on a wiki as it could be anything. However v7 claimed something along those lines. He said his role was called jack and you just brought it up. So v7's dayvig called jack is a jack of all trades?
Conclusion: Palmar is what he claimed and not a jack. He some hints by v7 all telling him that his claim was right if he'd be a jack as well and he didn't catch those. So I'm going to say palmars claim is right
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 06 2011 14:08 GMT
#1059
Sandroba any thoughts on Annul's and kingjames01's play so far?
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
December 06 2011 14:12 GMT
#1060
I just want to point out that everyone who had a vote cast on them at the end of day 1 voted for hier.
Carbon FC
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 30m
Patches Events
23h 30m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.