• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8240 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 174 175 176 Next
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 03 2011 23:02 GMT
#61
On December 03 2011 17:47 Incognito wrote:

This is a closed setup. All you know is the following:

Total Mafia = 5

Town win condition: You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
Mafia win condition: You win when you control majority of the voting power in the Town or when nothing can stop you from outright killing everyone.


Quick question:
Do we get to know the possible roles once this starts? Seems like no according to my quote but the problem I got is that I simply don't know all roles by heart because this is going to be my 4th game and I think some people might have the same problem.
If you don't want to make one example-text per role describing what it does because you don't want people to know what roles there are could you link some reference where to look those things up?
I guess google would work fine but I just wanted to point out that it would be a nice addition if there's not going to be the usual role explanation
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 03 2011 23:03 GMT
#62
There could be third party planar dragons.
Computer says mafia
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 03 2011 23:04 GMT
#63
On December 04 2011 08:03 Palmar wrote:
There could be third party planar dragons.


That time travel
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 03 2011 23:06 GMT
#64
No one knows "all the roles" by heart because anything is possible in a closed setup; you can look at mafiascum wiki for a list of more traditional roles or one of the older PYP games to get an idea what kind of roles may be present here.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2011 23:07 GMT
#65
On December 04 2011 08:02 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 17:47 Incognito wrote:

This is a closed setup. All you know is the following:

Total Mafia = 5

Town win condition: You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
Mafia win condition: You win when you control majority of the voting power in the Town or when nothing can stop you from outright killing everyone.


Quick question:
Do we get to know the possible roles once this starts? Seems like no according to my quote but the problem I got is that I simply don't know all roles by heart because this is going to be my 4th game and I think some people might have the same problem.
If you don't want to make one example-text per role describing what it does because you don't want people to know what roles there are could you link some reference where to look those things up?
I guess google would work fine but I just wanted to point out that it would be a nice addition if there's not going to be the usual role explanation


I should preface this with the fact that I have actually not seen the setup yet myself.

I should note, however, that in closed setups roles are not revealed until a player has died. I assume that should be the case here as well, though Incog may be able to answer better than I.

That's the whole point of closed setups, really.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 03 2011 23:07 GMT
#66
oh so there could be new roles that noone knows ?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 03 2011 23:10 GMT
#67
On December 04 2011 08:04 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 08:03 Palmar wrote:
There could be third party planar dragons.


That time travel


Only when the diminsional rift is in stage 4 flux, and the resonating destabilization scheme has not yet come into play.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 03 2011 23:10 GMT
#68
let's assume I get a fancy as hell new role noone know like the time traveling draon palmar suggested. That means that the pm you guys send me telling me I'm a fucking dragon explains what super awesome powers I have and it's all I need, right?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
December 03 2011 23:13 GMT
#69
On December 04 2011 08:10 Toadesstern wrote:
let's assume I get a fancy as hell new role noone know like the time traveling draon palmar suggested. That means that the pm you guys send me telling me I'm a fucking dragon explains what super awesome powers I have and it's all I need, right?


no
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 03 2011 23:15 GMT
#70
how am I supposed to know how to time travel without that information
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
December 03 2011 23:21 GMT
#71
On December 04 2011 08:15 Toadesstern wrote:
how am I supposed to know how to time travel without that information


Ask an arbiter.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 23:26:13
December 03 2011 23:25 GMT
#72
If it's a mafia role you can just ask in this thread
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 03 2011 23:26 GMT
#73
bugs, force incog to make me a neutral compulsive dumbass vigilante with no win condition

I can shoot people when they derp, that's it. I don't have a win condition, I exist only to punish dumbassery.
Computer says mafia
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 03 2011 23:36 GMT
#74
On December 04 2011 08:25 syllogism wrote:
If it's a mafia role you can just ask in this thread

I don't really plan on claiming on day1 though :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 03 2011 23:37 GMT
#75
On December 04 2011 08:10 Toadesstern wrote:
let's assume I get a fancy as hell new role noone know like the time traveling draon palmar suggested. That means that the pm you guys send me telling me I'm a fucking dragon explains what super awesome powers I have and it's all I need, right?


The actual answer is yes. Your role PM will explain to you any perks or limitations you have and how to use them. If you have questions then PM the host.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
December 03 2011 23:39 GMT
#76
On December 04 2011 08:26 Palmar wrote:
bugs, force incog to make me a neutral compulsive dumbass vigilante with no win condition

I can shoot people when they derp, that's it. I don't have a win condition, I exist only to punish dumbassery.

Life can only kill you once.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 03 2011 23:53 GMT
#77
On December 04 2011 08:26 Palmar wrote:
bugs, force incog to make me a neutral compulsive dumbass vigilante with no win condition

I can shoot people when they derp, that's it. I don't have a win condition, I exist only to punish dumbassery.


Done, but you'll have a post restriction in which you have to constantly praise my awesomeness.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 04 2011 00:03 GMT
#78
On December 04 2011 08:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 08:26 Palmar wrote:
bugs, force incog to make me a neutral compulsive dumbass vigilante with no win condition

I can shoot people when they derp, that's it. I don't have a win condition, I exist only to punish dumbassery.


Done, but you'll have a post restriction in which you have to constantly praise my awesomeness.


We saw how that goes... it isn't pretty
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
December 04 2011 00:16 GMT
#79
On December 04 2011 08:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 08:26 Palmar wrote:
bugs, force incog to make me a neutral compulsive dumbass vigilante with no win condition

I can shoot people when they derp, that's it. I don't have a win condition, I exist only to punish dumbassery.


Done, but you'll have a post restriction in which you have to constantly praise my awesomeness.


And he has to post as much as you I do added together.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
December 04 2011 00:25 GMT
#80
On December 04 2011 05:47 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 05:11 kingjames01 wrote:
On December 04 2011 05:04 Incognito wrote:
Wow that was fast. I'll update this later tonight once I finish my final and finalize the setup.

On December 04 2011 03:08 Risen wrote:
In this game is popcorn posting allowed post-death? Seems like a prudent question to ask. Also, since the other student game is so small, may I sign up for this one as well? Thank you

No popcorn. That is considered spam in my book.

Also I would prefer if you did not sign up for both games at once. I know they are small games, so you may very well have time to play in both, but it seems like small normal games are in quite high demand now. I am going to accept people who are not currently signed up for any game before those who are signed up for multiple games.


Hi, any idea when this game will start?

On December 04 2011 02:27 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On December 04 2011 00:08 kingjames01 wrote:
/in if there's still room


holy shit hes back


=) Too bad you didn't join the game. I only know 1 or 2 of the other players.


You vanished for like a year duder

and I don't play in every game that pops up, only ones that twinkle my fancy.


haha, yeah, it's been a really crazy year... lots going on. Glad to see that you're still active though!
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 174 175 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 32
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g8089
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes212
Sick192
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 14m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.