• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:30
CEST 18:30
KST 01:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9527 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 176 Next
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 05 2011 14:11 GMT
#421
Also, ##unvote, since from reading Soap's previous game he acted similarly and was town too.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:16 GMT
#422
[big]FOR GLORY[/big


[image loading]

On December 05 2011 13:11 Soap wrote:
I don't get day start, no one did nothing and we have nothing to analyze. I'm rnging.

##Vote Drazerk



##Vote Drazerk
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:17 GMT
#423
FOR GLORY

[image loading]


On December 05 2011 13:11 Soap wrote:
I don't get day start, no one did nothing and we have nothing to analyze. I'm rnging.

##Vote Drazerk



##Vote Drazerk
Computer says mafia
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 14:17 GMT
#424
On December 05 2011 23:16 Palmar wrote:
[big]FOR GLORY[/big



fail :D
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 05 2011 14:18 GMT
#425
@ss I don't think he is scum. If you go back to his previous game (xlvii) and filter him there you will notice the exact same trend of making huge posts and being very prolix when arguing something simple. Can you explain to me what exactly makes him suspicious to you?
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 05 2011 14:20 GMT
#426
Palmar can you explain what you just did? I don't understand it at all.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 05 2011 14:20 GMT
#427
Seriously palmar? How about you tell me what you think about the cases people are pushing. vadersen to be more specific.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:21 GMT
#428
On December 05 2011 23:20 sandroba wrote:
Seriously palmar? How about you tell me what you think about the cases people are pushing. vadersen to be more specific.


Do you have an issue with lynching Drazerk?
Computer says mafia
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 05 2011 14:25 GMT
#429
On December 05 2011 13:23 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 13:11 Soap wrote:
I don't get day start, no one did nothing and we have nothing to analyze. I'm rnging.

##Vote Drazerk


Is this for real? I called Zephyrdd out for this kind of shit earlier, but at least he ended up having a real reason. Can we get any kind of analysis? I'm not seeing it. I almost shit myself when I read annul agree. Thankfully he was just being a troll.


Huh, kind of shit? I didn't vote without a reason or out of RNG. I genuinely thought Corrupt looked scummy, and went with voting before a response from him.

+ Show Spoiler [Corrupt's post] +

On December 05 2011 19:10 Corrupt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 09:45 annul wrote:
On December 05 2011 07:32 vaderseven wrote:
What do you think about some of the players positions or contributions Annul (spefically the redFF/Palmar situation, Corrupt, and Radfield).


still waiting for palmar to return from sleepland before judging further. but right now it looks like a bunch of nothing. ask me near the end of day 1 what i think if you are still curious because [something i wont mention to not give people ideas] might happen and if it does, it probably will change my mind. but for now it all seems ok to me.

hm, you know, i answer this question in order... so when i look at corrupt's filter and i see this gem, i begin to wonder maybe i am wrong above about redff:


On December 05 2011 02:56 Corrupt wrote:
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.


On December 05 2011 04:22 Corrupt wrote:
I pictured TruthBringer as one of the good guys, so I'm being suspicious about prplhz..


On December 05 2011 04:26 redFF wrote:
you said "so many suspicious people already" yet you now say you are only suspicious of prplz?


note nowhere did corrupt say he was ONLY suspicious of prplhz. he said he was suspicious of him. perfectly consistent with his first post. redff then severely mischaracterizes what corrupt says. interesting. its corrupts first game and he is so noob that he thinks redff nailed him or that he did something wrong, when the only thing he did wrong was not attack redff for fallacious argumentation.

of course pure noobs can be red too but i mean right now he just looks like a pure noob acting like a pure noob.

I didn't really thought that my very first post would draw that much attention.
To be honest, I didn't had THAT many suspiciouns in mind.
You know, first game and all.. the start sure was exciting for me, especialy with those 2 or 3 early cases that went on.
The reason I didn't made an actual case about any of the people I got involved with was fear of making a very wrong decision about them in such early stage of the game. (Being bold and useless once again..)

@vaderseven
You said you were familiar with my posting "Style".
I don't have any style man, I'm only trying to get into the game and I'm having a hard time establishing.
Like I said, I'll be trying to improve as fast as I can. Sorry for looking like scum in peoples eyes.. it's not easy being Corrupt.

Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 12:36 TruthBringer wrote:
Okay, prplhz "voted" for me in this thread. He never voted for me in the voting thread even though I reminded him to in this thread. (See page 9).

The way I see it is this . . . he leaves less evidence behind if he doesn't vote for me in the actual voting thread. The voting thread will end up being fairly short, easy to read through. Whereas this thread is already becoming a bear.

He was hoping to start a tidal wave against me and it didn't work out, and so he never actually voted for me in the voting thread. He doesn't want to come off as a frequent vote changer, etc. I think it is pretty scummy that he would so quickly vote for me in this thread, but not follow-up on it in the voting thread even after I reminded him to.


Okey, I'm not sure how truly important day1 lynching is and I can't decide if a no lynch is good for the mafia or bad..
but here's what I think about that hint purplehaze gave about being blue (on Page 9). Like if you're one of the bad guys, isn't the best way to cover yourself up to post something like that and imply to be one of the good guys?
The thing that he hasn't put his vote in the voting thread is also bothering me, altho the reason for this could be that purplehaze indeed is one of the good guys and he is afraid to pick up on TruthBringer cuz it's very possible they are on the same side.

*sigh*
Now that is a decent response, and that is what I am looking for on a town.

[WARNING: massive WIFOM incoming]
There is also the possibility that scum buddies did help him on writing a decent response; and now that I'm unvoting him I'm just look like scum that tried to bus him in order to make him gain credibility; it doesn't helps that I'm also the first to unvote him.

*sigh* no matter what I do it will look horrible. Especially because now I'm back nearly to the zero mark on scumhunting.
##unvote

On December 05 2011 21:51 Corrupt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 21:23 redFF wrote:
##Unvote
meh palmar you're ok for now

can't get over corrupt saying "so many suspicious people" and then only being able to list 1 and then ignoring my pushing of the issue.

##Vote Corrupt

Already wrote about that post in the previous page. I'm curious why you keep making a big deal out of it.
I answered both of your questions and you claim I ignored you? I listed 2 people, not 1.
You convinced Zephirdd to vote against me based on.. let's say.. nothing.
Now all of a sudden you suspend your case on Palmar, unvote and go for me? Sounds like a plan.

Don't get me wrong; he didn't convince me to think you were scum, he just convinced me that throwing votes on a non-hammer game(where it depends on the deadline for the lynch, not on a certain number of votes), it's okay to vote on someone like that. I'd have voted you just after the first response anyways.




Anyways, out of that topic, what's with all the RNG? I thought it had been established that RNG votes are terrible?
Surely Drazerk didn't post anything useful, but shouldn't you at least have a reason for the vote?

*sigh* although for me, at this point, Drazerk is closer to scum than most players as he had little contributions, but that's something like 100% = full scum and Drazerk is at 0.09% while everyone else is below that.

Random thoughts: vaderseven and Jackall look weird to me. I have nothing to back up on their cases, so I won't go on them.

Final words: Ask me anything. Sorry if I am looking bad for you.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:25 GMT
#430
Isn't Glory a reason?
Computer says mafia
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 05 2011 14:27 GMT
#431
Yes, I do. I went to his filter and I can't tell if scum or not. I think the case on vader is stronger.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 14:32 GMT
#432
On December 05 2011 23:18 sandroba wrote:
@ss I don't think he is scum. If you go back to his previous game (xlvii) and filter him there you will notice the exact same trend of making huge posts and being very prolix when arguing something simple. Can you explain to me what exactly makes him suspicious to you?


1. His vote on a new player for no good reason
2. His vote on Palmar.
3. His big posts with no content.
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 05 2011 14:36 GMT
#433
the only reason I can think of palmar, as town, that you will vote drazerk is to try and elicit a reaction from mafia... but drazerk has got to be one of the less likely to be mafia, so why would you choose him for this reactionplay?
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 14:36 GMT
#434
On December 05 2011 09:40 vaderseven wrote:
More people should vote. Votes are the one thing that make you accountable to evidence and motives.

The lack of votes makes the conversation more abstract.


I like that post from vaderseven.

The rest looks pretty bad. Also his vote on that other guy I don't even know.
I don't like that votes on players who won't react to that vote anyway... You can vote these guys and justify your vote with the overdue reaction. It's something rather scum does than town...
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:36 GMT
#435
On December 05 2011 23:27 sandroba wrote:
Yes, I do. I went to his filter and I can't tell if scum or not. I think the case on vader is stronger.


I am a kite.

I went to v7's filter and I can't tell if he's scum or not, I think the rng on Drazerk is stronger.
Computer says mafia
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 05 2011 14:39 GMT
#436
On December 05 2011 22:44 supersoft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 21:46 sandroba wrote:
Okay so here it is:

Syllogism: Unless he found a new love for being mafia exactly this game, I'm pretty surre he is town. He could have opted to post waaaay less day1 and still I wouldn't suspect him, because that's usually how he operates. Instead he is getting this thread moving, posting a shitton and generating discussion.


So do you think it's superior to be passive as scum compared to actively organising the discussion?
I don't like your logic right there - I grant you that this assumption is widely spread among us TL-players - but it's wrong.
WBG for example is extremely active as scum and because of that a very good scumplayer. Syllo is smart enough to try a new style as scum.

Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 21:46 sandroba wrote:
Jackal: I went over his day1 on xlvii and found his tone to be pretty simillar. Dunno what to make of him yet.


agree.



Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 21:53 Toadesstern wrote:
Ok because of you guys saying there's so much useless people I just looked into people I thought might be useless and found truthbringer to be strange+ Show Spoiler +

On December 05 2011 01:57 TruthBringer wrote:
@prplhz

We don't have to do anything on the first day. Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something.

I admit that we have more data if we hang someone, because we can see that person's alignment and who voted for him and who voted elsewhere. But more data doesn't mean we are in a better position. If we hang a powerful blue, and the mafia isn't overrepresented in the vote to lynch him, that does us no good.

You seem to think that I can pick out scum just based on bad ideas, but some people are just not good players or come up with bad plans, how am I to know the difference? Like I said, I don't have the experience right now to make the distinction.

Also, there can be differences of opinion. You and I might both be good guys and honestly have different opinions on whether it is a good idea or bad idea to hang on the first day.


On December 05 2011 12:36 TruthBringer wrote:
Okay, prplhz "voted" for me in this thread. He never voted for me in the voting thread even though I reminded him to in this thread. (See page 9).

The way I see it is this . . . he leaves less evidence behind if he doesn't vote for me in the actual voting thread. The voting thread will end up being fairly short, easy to read through. Whereas this thread is already becoming a bear.

He was hoping to start a tidal wave against me and it didn't work out, and so he never actually voted for me in the voting thread. He doesn't want to come off as a frequent vote changer, etc. I think it is pretty scummy that he would so quickly vote for me in this thread, but not follow-up on it in the voting thread even after I reminded him to.


First of all, that's basicly everything he said so far.

Now on to what he said. Quote1:
He said that not doing a thing might be a good idea. Read: While people like radfield ar saying something along the lines "guys, a no-lynch is not the end of the world" TruthBringer looks like he wants us to chill and do nothing. Maybe Radfield is right, maybe a nolynch is not the worst thing that could happen to town but I sure as hell don't want it to happen, neither do I want an atmosphere of "let's just chill we don't have to do something right now".

More data is not always good? Well yeah if someone is bombing the thread and 3 pages in a row would be only posts from one guy, that probably would not help at all, but other than that I'd actually like to have a lot of data for several reasons.
First of all a lot of data means our reads are better because there's always strange things. As he said, some people are maybe new, some may just have another opionion about some topic, that doesen't necessarily mean they're scum. If I find someone saying something that is wrong in my opinion I'll call him out. If I find someone who is doing illogical stuff several times that's bad, if I find someone who's doing illogical stuff all the time I want him to hang. So more information gives us a better read because it tells me if that guy is consistent, no matter in which direction. If I get less posts from someone that means that both my reads could be wrong because makeing a single good or bad call isn't something special at all.
Also More data means more talk. If you tell people we don't need to talk mafia is not talking at all which means you're denieing them the chance to make mistakes.

Paragraph2.5 He's scared to hang a blue. Why is that? Sure I don't want to hang a blue but I guess those people can defend themselves if we're fosing them. Why even mentioning blues in the first place? It's not like we're less likely to lynch a blue because you said that.

His 3rd paragraph is kind of a nulltell. I mean that's basicly what mafia is about, figureing out if people did a mistake because they thought they're right or if they did it on purpose.

4th paragraph is another nulltell.

On to the second quote:
The quote itself is not strange. However he is contradicting everything he said in quote 1 here.


That post is completely empty. All you prove is that Truthbringer is a newbie. We already know that.
That's a horrible reasoning for voting someone!!!

It's not priving truthbringer is a newbie what I'm about, it's abut he wanting everything a mafia would ask for. Therefore I voted him to get some pressure and tell him I think otherwise. If he comes in this thread to explain his thoughts and why he thinks a town with less information is a good town I'm willing to change my vote if it sound reasonable. I want those people who are not posting at all to start posting and truthbringer is one of them.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 05 2011 14:43 GMT
#437
oh and yeah, people tend to tell me I'm writing to much wall of text in pretty much every game
The only one who said it's fine was wbg after I said I should post less in a postgamediscussion
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
December 05 2011 14:45 GMT
#438
yeah well. It's only disturbing if everyone votes the newbs if they post nonsense. Seriously.
If you call them out for this stuff, they only get paranoid and stop posting any more thoughts.
It's a lot easier to convict them if you ask them out about their thoughts on certain players.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 05 2011 14:46 GMT
#439
On December 05 2011 23:36 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 23:27 sandroba wrote:
Yes, I do. I went to his filter and I can't tell if scum or not. I think the case on vader is stronger.


I am a kite.

I went to v7's filter and I can't tell if he's scum or not, I think the rng on Drazerk is stronger.

A null tell on vaderseven is 6/25, an RNG on Drazerk is 6/25, why is the Drazerk case stronger?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 05 2011 14:47 GMT
#440
Cause my homeboy Soap told me so.

Brofield, get in here and tell me what you think about v7.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 30m
Patches Events
23h 30m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.