• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 273 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 02:30 GMT
#341
On March 24 2011 11:25 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:24 Coagulation wrote:
you dont defend scum cause you never defend anyone.

I defended the fuck out of you and LSB.

This is factualy true, Jackal did defend LSB and coag and the whole tagteam, so I do give him that. I'm sorry you find my bannana dogs unsatisfactory, however I do hope you like killing scum
Moderator
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 24 2011 02:31 GMT
#342
hi, elect me for mayor

i am a townie with no abilities apparently (???), so give me something to do pl0x.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 02:31 GMT
#343
On March 24 2011 11:24 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:17 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
So, something I want to ask candidates at the moment, is how will you act specifically in your role as the mayor? I'm not talking about your play style, or pro-town things you can do anyways, but what abilities do you possess that we should elect you and give you the power and survivability of the mayor?


Well, not counting anything else, theres the fact that I will be doing constant, active analysis, weather sucessful or unsucessful remains to be seen, but I'll be constantly stirring the hornets nest to keep scum from lurking, obviously if I'm dead then thats going to put a hamper in my lynch all lurkers plan. I'd actualy be more than happy to have a better scumhunter in this position, if I were sure he was town, at the moment the only person I can know with any certanty is town is my, so I'd rather deny the scum or third party the ability to require two townies to DIE before they can be night killed

Mayor is much more susceptible to lynching than night kills.
Only scum would bring up being night killed.
Life can only kill you once.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 24 2011 02:32 GMT
#344
annul I don't think we get our abilities until later.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 02:32 GMT
#345
On March 24 2011 11:21 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:11 GMarshal wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:07 Jackal58 wrote:
Plans and campaigns are for scum.


Right, like presenting arguments for lynching someone is also scummy, its evident that we should just take your word for it. If you want to be mayor give me 3 good reasons, why are you valuable enough to essentialy get a free pass to the endgame?

I don't defend scum.
I don't get every vote wrong.
I don't like banana puppies.

Only a mafia mayor will endorse a day 1 lynch. Day 1 is a crapshoot. Day 1 is controlled by scum. A mayor that abdicates his power of lynch on day 1 to a vote is a scum mayor.
He knows town can't find his ass with both hands on day 1.
He knows scum is strongest on day 1
He knows a vote will be wrong.

A vote for me is a vote for town. I'm not promising you guys a bandwagon vote.
I'm promising you guys I will vote for who I think is scum. I also promise I can listen to all arguments for and against everybody and will accept or reject what I believe to be right or wrong.

A mayor that promises to lynch according to votes is scum.


You're awful quick to accuse me of being scum based on... what exactly? I'm just a townie, minding my own business.

And all three of your reasons are not good reasons. They are fake reasons/assertions. The third one is a joke. The first two are assertions which you have certainly not demonstrated. To me, at least. I don't know if you have a history in this game, but unless you are the van helsing of scum hunting I don't believe you have the cajones to talk like that. I'm not saying you're scum, just that you aren't playing like a town at the moment. If you think there is something wrong with my plan, explain what that is and I will happily step down.

Now, just so that nobody thinks i'm not really running, here are my three reasons:
1. I'm a noobie. This means that i am absolutely not a threat to anyone, and am therefore a prime target for early mafia kills. I could use the human shields!
2. I'm smart. I'm a psych minor in college atm, and while that doesn't exactly make me Freud it does give me a little bit of an edge over your average TLer with an engineering degree.
3. I don't forget easily. I don't forget what people have said in the past which will come in handy in late game situations. If I was one of the last few guys left I would dedicate myself to a indepth study of every remaining player, and would then write up an exhaustive analysis on their play.

So... that's my platform I guess. Mayor seems like a scary, important job, but I'm willing to step up and do it!
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 02:34 GMT
#346
On March 24 2011 11:31 annul wrote:
hi, elect me for mayor

i am a townie with no abilities apparently (???), so give me something to do pl0x.


Green Town- These are the normal townies. Well, not so normal. Every single townie has a power. So there like super townies, but very squishy.


Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 02:34 GMT
#347
Later dude, day 1 i think
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
March 24 2011 02:35 GMT
#348
On March 24 2011 11:34 chaoser wrote:
Later dude, day 1 i think

Indeed.

But Annul, you do have standard Item game powers.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 02:36 GMT
#349
On March 24 2011 11:31 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:24 GMarshal wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:17 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
So, something I want to ask candidates at the moment, is how will you act specifically in your role as the mayor? I'm not talking about your play style, or pro-town things you can do anyways, but what abilities do you possess that we should elect you and give you the power and survivability of the mayor?


Well, not counting anything else, theres the fact that I will be doing constant, active analysis, weather sucessful or unsucessful remains to be seen, but I'll be constantly stirring the hornets nest to keep scum from lurking, obviously if I'm dead then thats going to put a hamper in my lynch all lurkers plan. I'd actualy be more than happy to have a better scumhunter in this position, if I were sure he was town, at the moment the only person I can know with any certanty is town is my, so I'd rather deny the scum or third party the ability to require two townies to DIE before they can be night killed

Mayor is much more susceptible to lynching than night kills.
Only scum would bring up being night killed.


Are you forgeting the fact that there are TWO factions in play, scum is going to be gunning for the third party and the third party is going to be gunning for scum because enemy night kills cannot be as easaly manipulated as town lynches can, this is why scum is going to be 100% guaranteed to be gunning for the mayorship, as is the third party, if the scum team can grab the mayorship they can be slightly less worried about the third party and if the third party grabs it they can be slightly less worried about mafia. That means they have more freedom to go after troublesome townies. Did I honestly need to explain that? Also the free day 1 lynch is a delicious treat for either group
Moderator
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 24 2011 02:37 GMT
#350
yeah but dont i get an item?
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 02:37 GMT
#351
On March 24 2011 11:32 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:21 Jackal58 wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:11 GMarshal wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:07 Jackal58 wrote:
Plans and campaigns are for scum.


Right, like presenting arguments for lynching someone is also scummy, its evident that we should just take your word for it. If you want to be mayor give me 3 good reasons, why are you valuable enough to essentialy get a free pass to the endgame?

I don't defend scum.
I don't get every vote wrong.
I don't like banana puppies.

Only a mafia mayor will endorse a day 1 lynch. Day 1 is a crapshoot. Day 1 is controlled by scum. A mayor that abdicates his power of lynch on day 1 to a vote is a scum mayor.
He knows town can't find his ass with both hands on day 1.
He knows scum is strongest on day 1
He knows a vote will be wrong.

A vote for me is a vote for town. I'm not promising you guys a bandwagon vote.
I'm promising you guys I will vote for who I think is scum. I also promise I can listen to all arguments for and against everybody and will accept or reject what I believe to be right or wrong.

A mayor that promises to lynch according to votes is scum.


You're awful quick to accuse me of being scum based on... what exactly? I'm just a townie, minding my own business.

And all three of your reasons are not good reasons. They are fake reasons/assertions. The third one is a joke. The first two are assertions which you have certainly not demonstrated. To me, at least. I don't know if you have a history in this game, but unless you are the van helsing of scum hunting I don't believe you have the cajones to talk like that. I'm not saying you're scum, just that you aren't playing like a town at the moment. If you think there is something wrong with my plan, explain what that is and I will happily step down.

Now, just so that nobody thinks i'm not really running, here are my three reasons:
1. I'm a noobie. This means that i am absolutely not a threat to anyone, and am therefore a prime target for early mafia kills. I could use the human shields!
2. I'm smart. I'm a psych minor in college atm, and while that doesn't exactly make me Freud it does give me a little bit of an edge over your average TLer with an engineering degree.
3. I don't forget easily. I don't forget what people have said in the past which will come in handy in late game situations. If I was one of the last few guys left I would dedicate myself to a indepth study of every remaining player, and would then write up an exhaustive analysis on their play.

So... that's my platform I guess. Mayor seems like a scary, important job, but I'm willing to step up and do it!

The third one was a joke. 1 point to you for recognizing humor.
You are a noob. Easily manipulated noob.
You think you're smart. The rest of us shall await the juries verdict.
How the fuck can you forget. It's all sitting there in black and white.

Oh and us engineers that have our degrees laugh at you psych majors and your inability to get 4 more pitchers of beer out of the keg.


If you are town and you want to win vote for me.

Life can only kill you once.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 02:37 GMT
#352
His three reasons are in-jokes tnkted, GM didn't do so well last game, that's all.

1. I'm a noobie. This means that i am absolutely not a threat to anyone, and am therefore a prime target for early mafia kills. I could use the human shields!

Actually noobies usually don't get NKed till late game cause mafia obviously wants to kill all the vets.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
March 24 2011 02:38 GMT
#353
On March 24 2011 11:37 annul wrote:
yeah but dont i get an item?

You'll find that out day 1
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 24 2011 02:39 GMT
#354
On March 24 2011 11:37 Jackal58 wrote:
It's all sitting there in black and white.


Actually it is black and baby-blue.

This is tl.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#355
On March 24 2011 11:36 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:31 Jackal58 wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:24 GMarshal wrote:
On March 24 2011 11:17 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
So, something I want to ask candidates at the moment, is how will you act specifically in your role as the mayor? I'm not talking about your play style, or pro-town things you can do anyways, but what abilities do you possess that we should elect you and give you the power and survivability of the mayor?


Well, not counting anything else, theres the fact that I will be doing constant, active analysis, weather sucessful or unsucessful remains to be seen, but I'll be constantly stirring the hornets nest to keep scum from lurking, obviously if I'm dead then thats going to put a hamper in my lynch all lurkers plan. I'd actualy be more than happy to have a better scumhunter in this position, if I were sure he was town, at the moment the only person I can know with any certanty is town is my, so I'd rather deny the scum or third party the ability to require two townies to DIE before they can be night killed

Mayor is much more susceptible to lynching than night kills.
Only scum would bring up being night killed.


Are you forgeting the fact that there are TWO factions in play, scum is going to be gunning for the third party and the third party is going to be gunning for scum because enemy night kills cannot be as easaly manipulated as town lynches can, this is why scum is going to be 100% guaranteed to be gunning for the mayorship, as is the third party, if the scum team can grab the mayorship they can be slightly less worried about the third party and if the third party grabs it they can be slightly less worried about mafia. That means they have more freedom to go after troublesome townies. Did I honestly need to explain that? Also the free day 1 lynch is a delicious treat for either group

No sir not at all. But scum is the one faction that will be organized. I intend to disorganize them.
Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#356
On March 24 2011 11:39 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:37 Jackal58 wrote:
It's all sitting there in black and white.


Actually it is black and baby-blue.

This is tl.

A wonderful contribution, so what do you think of the current candidates lemon? Are any of them worth voting for?
Moderator
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#357
On March 24 2011 11:37 chaoser wrote:
His three reasons are in-jokes tnkted, GM didn't do so well last game, that's all.

1. I'm a noobie. This means that i am absolutely not a threat to anyone, and am therefore a prime target for early mafia kills. I could use the human shields!

Actually noobies usually don't get NKed till late game cause mafia obviously wants to kill all the vets.


Well, forgive my inexperience, but doesn't the very fact that the vets are such juicy targets make killing them seem very suspicious? If you have a vet thats doing some dangerous theorizing, wouldn't killing him be exactly the wrong thing to do as mafia? it would validate his theory. Instead, the smart move for that mafia would be to kill a noob or some other target.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 24 2011 02:41 GMT
#358
On March 24 2011 11:34 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 11:31 annul wrote:
hi, elect me for mayor

i am a townie with no abilities apparently (???), so give me something to do pl0x.


Show nested quote +
Green Town- These are the normal townies. Well, not so normal. Every single townie has a power. So there like super townies, but very squishy.




LOL... for real annul? Like really?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 02:41 GMT
#359
killing vets asap is pretty standard mafia play.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 24 2011 02:41 GMT
#360
oh hes in item game nevermind
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
Nina 142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 487
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever339
NeuroSwarm101
canceldota100
League of Legends
Doublelift3445
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1142
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g6744
FrodaN1083
shahzam534
C9.Mang0356
RotterdaM81
Mew2King27
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• RyuSc2 26
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1092
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.