• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12171 users

TL Mafia XXXVII - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 129 Next
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
February 25 2011 06:16 GMT
#841
On February 25 2011 14:27 JBright wrote:
Yay town. Looks like I ended up wasting my vote on myself since I forgot to change my vote.

If annul did slip up and there are up to 5 members in a mafia family...does that mean we could potentially have 1/3 of the players as mafia with only 2 families? Since this is a punishment game in some sense, I think that there must be more difficulties than just the special scum powers. Having potentially 10 scum means that it'll be more dangerous to trust the people in PM circles than expected if we do get around to forming them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how night 1 goes and play from there.

Do you seriously believe this? Do you really think annul would "accidentally" let slip how many mafia there are? I know its wifom but I'm more inclined to believe that there are more than 5 mafia.

Two families... I have no idea where you came up with that. 2 families of five pretty much DOOM the town of twenty completely.

Also no I don't actually believe icemac's mafia, but was happy to see the pressure rising on him. I was not, however, pleased with the lack of reaction he gave. Icemac, please prove me wrong this game and don't be useless.
boomer hands
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
February 25 2011 06:28 GMT
#842
Oh wait whaaaa
RoL, I voted for icemac, not ICanFlyLow
boomer hands
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
February 25 2011 06:36 GMT
#843
On February 25 2011 15:16 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 14:27 JBright wrote:
Yay town. Looks like I ended up wasting my vote on myself since I forgot to change my vote.

If annul did slip up and there are up to 5 members in a mafia family...does that mean we could potentially have 1/3 of the players as mafia with only 2 families? Since this is a punishment game in some sense, I think that there must be more difficulties than just the special scum powers. Having potentially 10 scum means that it'll be more dangerous to trust the people in PM circles than expected if we do get around to forming them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how night 1 goes and play from there.

Do you seriously believe this? Do you really think annul would "accidentally" let slip how many mafia there are? I know its wifom but I'm more inclined to believe that there are more than 5 mafia.

Two families... I have no idea where you came up with that. 2 families of five pretty much DOOM the town of twenty completely.

Also no I don't actually believe icemac's mafia, but was happy to see the pressure rising on him. I was not, however, pleased with the lack of reaction he gave. Icemac, please prove me wrong this game and don't be useless.


This is my second game and I really have no idea what to expect... I've read somewhere that there could be games with competing mafia families, but I guess that not a common occurrence here.

As far as the "slip" goes, I guess it really is going to be wifom. If that gave away too much information (as to spoil the game), one of the mods could have potentially edited it out. But now that so many people have seen it, any modifications would be extremely suspicious. As a general rule, it is probably true that scum lie a lot. But even 5 mafia members seem like a good approximation (if 10 is too much), although it is definitely safer to assume that 5 is the lower limit of the number of scum.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
February 25 2011 06:49 GMT
#844
On February 25 2011 15:36 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 15:16 seRapH wrote:
On February 25 2011 14:27 JBright wrote:
Yay town. Looks like I ended up wasting my vote on myself since I forgot to change my vote.

If annul did slip up and there are up to 5 members in a mafia family...does that mean we could potentially have 1/3 of the players as mafia with only 2 families? Since this is a punishment game in some sense, I think that there must be more difficulties than just the special scum powers. Having potentially 10 scum means that it'll be more dangerous to trust the people in PM circles than expected if we do get around to forming them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how night 1 goes and play from there.

Do you seriously believe this? Do you really think annul would "accidentally" let slip how many mafia there are? I know its wifom but I'm more inclined to believe that there are more than 5 mafia.

Two families... I have no idea where you came up with that. 2 families of five pretty much DOOM the town of twenty completely.

Also no I don't actually believe icemac's mafia, but was happy to see the pressure rising on him. I was not, however, pleased with the lack of reaction he gave. Icemac, please prove me wrong this game and don't be useless.


This is my second game and I really have no idea what to expect... I've read somewhere that there could be games with competing mafia families, but I guess that not a common occurrence here.

As far as the "slip" goes, I guess it really is going to be wifom. If that gave away too much information (as to spoil the game), one of the mods could have potentially edited it out. But now that so many people have seen it, any modifications would be extremely suspicious. As a general rule, it is probably true that scum lie a lot. But even 5 mafia members seem like a good approximation (if 10 is too much), although it is definitely safer to assume that 5 is the lower limit of the number of scum.

I think the most recent two-family mafia game we've had is haunted mafia. Go take a look at that. 60-man game, with two families of 11. Standard mafia count is 1/5 of total players.
boomer hands
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 25 2011 06:57 GMT
#845
I'm pretty sure there is 1 family of 6 (now five) mafiosos due to balence issues
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
February 25 2011 07:21 GMT
#846
Never seen a mafia go down this easy.
Bartundar
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 25 2011 07:32 GMT
#847
He didnt even fake claim to save his ass even when i gave him the chance and asked him to.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 25 2011 07:32 GMT
#848
didnt even try to fake claim*
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
February 25 2011 08:05 GMT
#849
So either he
A) Was expecting the Gryff wagon to work
B) Got bussed by his team
C) Got annoyed by afk inexperienced team and didn't care
Bartundar
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 25 2011 08:19 GMT
#850
Im thinking B
RLTY
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States965 Posts
February 25 2011 08:38 GMT
#851
On February 25 2011 15:16 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 14:27 JBright wrote:
Yay town. Looks like I ended up wasting my vote on myself since I forgot to change my vote.

If annul did slip up and there are up to 5 members in a mafia family...does that mean we could potentially have 1/3 of the players as mafia with only 2 families? Since this is a punishment game in some sense, I think that there must be more difficulties than just the special scum powers. Having potentially 10 scum means that it'll be more dangerous to trust the people in PM circles than expected if we do get around to forming them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how night 1 goes and play from there.

Do you seriously believe this? Do you really think annul would "accidentally" let slip how many mafia there are? I know its wifom but I'm more inclined to believe that there are more than 5 mafia.

Two families... I have no idea where you came up with that. 2 families of five pretty much DOOM the town of twenty completely.

Also no I don't actually believe icemac's mafia, but was happy to see the pressure rising on him. I was not, however, pleased with the lack of reaction he gave. Icemac, please prove me wrong this game and don't be useless.

ok? I don't know what types of reactions I'm supposed to be giving.....
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
February 25 2011 08:47 GMT
#852
No matter what, ftlog don't consider LSB a "confirmed townie" from this. Don't start claiming to him.
Bartundar
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 25 2011 14:10 GMT
#853
I just want to point out that ICanFlyLow has yet to contribute anything at all.

Moderator
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
February 25 2011 15:06 GMT
#854
Ok, good lynch guys. I have no idea what sort of a dumb play he was making but we'll see soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if he was bussing LSB or GMarshal or something, especially as GMarshal tried to save him in the last minute. One thing that puzzles me is that the people trying to 'save' annul all spread out their votes as opposed to focusing on trying to lynch one person.

I would scrutinise everyone voting for icemac. Reading through the thread it really does look like people tried to divert the wagon onto him.

My biggest FOS by far right now is gryffindor.

-Fucks around with fake claims
-Attempts to blackmail me
-Claims I edited the PMs I posted which is a barefaced lie
-Tells everyone that they have to vote for icemac or annul. If everyone who left the annul BW changed to icemac he wouldn't have been lynched at all. But gryff conveniently leaves his vote on annul so he can claim 'look I lynched the scum' if the play doesn't work. (which it didn't)
-Incident with the 'sarcasm' While he is probably telling the truth it doesn't mean we should ignore it completely.
-Long drawn out argument with GMarshal about the cell idea, yet suddenly agrees with him and votes annul instead. I honestly think that GMarshal + gryffindor staged that to some extent. There was something fishy there.

Would suggest him as a DT check target.


While DTs + cops are unreliable, we should at least use the threat of them to force mafia to waste KP covering/framing.


I'm going home for the weekend, and its a long, tiring trip. I probably won't be online again until tomorrow.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 16:21 GMT
#855
The following need to step up their game:

Gofarman - 8 posts
astroorion - 3 posts
JBright - 4 posts
ICanFlyLow - 2 posts
ohN - 3 posts
why - 6 posts
CubEdIn - 6 posts
LastArgument - 7 posts

Fewer that 10 posts this far in is inexcusable. Cubed I know you can do better than that.
Life can only kill you once.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 25 2011 18:05 GMT
#856
I have work from 2-10PM tonight. That being the case my day post will be about a half hour late. Unless meapak is around to do it. Remember to send in all night actions, I am still waiting on quite a few.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 25 2011 18:32 GMT
#857
Remember to send your actions to BOTH me and meapak that way either of us can do the day post.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 25 2011 19:35 GMT
#858
*praises LSB*

Honestly, I didn't think you were right, I thought it was just a grudge, but I was basing my reasoning on the fact that in HP you said that you get the town to win no matter if you're red or blue, which turned out to be true, so you know, hoped it worked here as well.

As for my low post count. Sorry. I've just had a lot to do at work. An awful lot. And now it's Friday night (21:35 here), and I will shower, get ready, and leave to the mountains at 5 am because it snowed and I wanna go down a slope at least ONCE this year.

So what I'm saying is, not only did I suck so far, but I will probably be AFK for most of the weekend as well. However, I will throw in an opinion or two, and I swear I'll get more active starting on Monday.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 19:46 GMT
#859
Only scum ski.
Life can only kill you once.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 25 2011 19:59 GMT
#860
I snowboard.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 129 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
19:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11149
Artosis 442
White-Ra 192
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g8216
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0358
ToD269
Livibee197
Pyrionflax117
Maynarde64
Mew2King54
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1104
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 135
• musti20045 35
• HeavenSC 32
• Sammyuel 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra497
Upcoming Events
OSC
13m
Replay Cast
13m
OSC
13h 13m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.