• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8575 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 02:04:28
January 25 2011 18:07 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles

+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Day 3.5
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4



Introduction:

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.

The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.


Rules:

+ Show Spoiler +
Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.

Posting:

Mod Font:
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules.

Activity:
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled and replaced.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything

Inappropriate posts:
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate.

Play to win.


Voting rules:

1. Voting is done in this thread. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Qatol. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie nobody will be lynched.
6. Voting is mandatory. You may (NOT) abstain.


Signups:

This game is open to anyone with preference for proven active and non-abrasive players. Signups will remain open until all spots have been filled. The game has 11 slots.



Game-specific rules:

Modkills:
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, you will get a warning in the ban thread but you will not be banned. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment.

Clues:
Each day there will be a post pointing to a specific mafia member. This will come in the form of a puzzle or clues.

PMs
PMs are allowed in this game.

Time Cycle:
This game will follow a (24 hour night/48 hour) day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 11 EST, but that is subject to change.


Roles

Townie:
You have no special powers other than the ability to vote. But you are necessary for a town victory! So help purify the town and be active!

Medic:
You have the ability to prevent one hit on a player of your choice during the night. As 1 KP rules apply, mafia cannot kill the person you choose to protect. However, neither you nor the person you have protected will be notified if you have made a successful save. If you protect a veteran, your ability overrides the veteran's extra life. You are not allowed to protect yourself.

Veteran:
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. You have an additional night life, which means that you must be hit twice in order to die (these two hits may either be both mafia hits or a mafia and a vigilante hit). You will also know if your extra life has been activated. If you are being protected by a medic, the medic's ability will override yours.

Mafia:
Your goal is to eliminate everyone else in the town. Your ability, as a group, is killing off whomever you decide on at night and knowing the role of each other player in the mafia. You may choose to kill nobody if you so choose. You MAY kill other mafia. As a whole, your KP is 1 throughout the whole game, so choose wisely! The mafia also must choose the Godfather from among themselves. If they do not choose by night 1, I will randomly choose for you.

Credits:
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 01:53:45
January 25 2011 18:07 GMT
#2
Player List:
1. chaoser (Day 2 Lynch) Holden Caulfield
2. darmousseh Gaara
3. CubEdIn (Day 2 lynch) Raiden
4. GMarshal Jonathan Swift
5. shannn Q
6. Node Dinosaur Comics Main Cast
7. Jackal58 (Day 1 Lynch) Ilich Ramírez Sánchez
8. DoctorHelvetica Thom_Yorke
9. Mr. Wiggles (Night 1 kill) Yossarian
10. Kenpachi Zaraki Kenpachi
11. Pandain (Night 2 kill) Ling Ling
8 of 11 players remain


6 of 8 Townies remain (This includes all town-aligned players)
? of ? Medics remain
? of ? Veterans remain

2 of 3 Mafia remain
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 25 2011 18:20 GMT
#3
/in!!!
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 25 2011 20:07 GMT
#4
/in !

I just went out on a different mafia game so that I can do this one.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 25 2011 20:59 GMT
#5
/in

I'm only in the XXXVI atm, so I'm allowed rite?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
January 25 2011 21:26 GMT
#6
/in
hopefully MiniMafia IV finishes before this starts
Moderator
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
January 25 2011 22:04 GMT
#7
Can I say that if this isn't full by thursday (so about 24 hours) then I'll be in?
Don't know if this is backup or something.

Will also be my first mafia game ever if I get in :D
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-25 22:49:53
January 25 2011 22:49 GMT
#8
On January 26 2011 05:59 CubEdIn wrote:
/in

I'm only in the XXXVI atm, so I'm allowed rite?

rite. 1 large and 1 mini per person.


On January 26 2011 06:26 GMarshal wrote:
/in
hopefully MiniMafia IV finishes before this starts

Np, the game won't start until MiniMafia is finished.


On January 26 2011 07:04 shannn wrote:
Can I say that if this isn't full by thursday (so about 24 hours) then I'll be in?
Don't know if this is backup or something.

Will also be my first mafia game ever if I get in :D

Np, I'll reserve you a spot, the game won't start until after Thursday
Welcome btw!

Hey, everyone. Go onto the internet and pick a person. This can be a movie character, anime character, purple elephant, whatever you want. The only requirement is that there is a Wikipedia Article on the person, and link him/her to me.
If you can't think of someone, I'll just assign a person to you
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 25 2011 23:13 GMT
#9
Hey, everyone. Go onto the internet and pick a person. This can be a movie character, anime character, purple elephant, whatever you want. The only requirement is that there is a Wikipedia Article on the person, and link him/her to me.

FUCKING TEMPTING.

/in

Person: Makoto Ito from School Days (recommended anime)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_School_Days_characters

He's cool? I'll do what I can to make people watch School Days.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 25 2011 23:17 GMT
#10
/in

Maybe I'll figure this damn game out eventually.
Life can only kill you once.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 25 2011 23:26 GMT
#11
This seems short and interesting. If this is a clue focused game then maybe I'll /in. Mini games are neat.

I'll /in for now actually. If you can elaborate a bit more on how this game will work (you can PM me if you prefer) then I'll make a decision but the "picking a person" sounds awesome if it is what I think it is.

Anyway, I'll choose Thom Yorke (lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter from the band Radiohead)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Yorke
RIP Aaliyah
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 25 2011 23:50 GMT
#12
Ok, here's my character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaara

Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-25 23:52:32
January 25 2011 23:50 GMT
#13
Each day post will be about one mafia. It won't be obvious, but it will be pretty specific once you figure out what is happening.

One idea I have for a day post is a Sherlock Holmes story.
A typical Sherlock Holmes story gives you enough info that you figure out everything that is happening, and then Holmes explains what happens. What if I gave you a Sherlock Holmes story, but killed off Sherlock before he could explain what happened? There's all the information, and its up to you to figure out what happened.

There are PMs, and I would encourage working together. There are NO DTs, so cut the plans.

The overall goal of the game is to try to find the next clue specialists.
Btw, if you really want to be town, please PM me, no guarantees but I'll try my best

EDIT: The clues will be much more specific than XXXVI. Once you figure it out what the day post is about, it will point to one person, but the problem is figuring it out.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
January 26 2011 00:51 GMT
#14
Awesome, I'm going to go with my favorite author!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Swift
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 26 2011 00:53 GMT
#15
My character =p you phonies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Caulfield
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 26 2011 01:17 GMT
#16
/out

can't handle 2 games...
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 26 2011 01:32 GMT
#17
/in

My character is the assorted cast of Dinosaur Comics.

I am going to be so all over any Thom Yorke clues.
whole lies with a half smile
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
January 26 2011 02:48 GMT
#18
On January 26 2011 08:13 LunarDestiny wrote:
Hey, everyone. Go onto the internet and pick a person. This can be a movie character, anime character, purple elephant, whatever you want. The only requirement is that there is a Wikipedia Article on the person, and link him/her to me.

FUCKING TEMPTING.

/in

Person: Makoto Ito from School Days (recommended anime)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_School_Days_characters

He's cool? I'll do what I can to make people watch School Days.

School Days <3

Too bad he's out
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 26 2011 02:52 GMT
#19
On January 26 2011 10:32 Node wrote:
/in

My character is the assorted cast of Dinosaur Comics.

I am going to be so all over any Thom Yorke clues.

"a twitchy one eyed leprachaun stabbed the mayor to death, babbling about global warming as he slaughtered him mercilessly"

hopefully it wont be that obvious
RIP Aaliyah
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
January 26 2011 03:05 GMT
#20
actually I found a character that is much better than my current choice for a Mafia game, is it ok if I change it?
Moderator
1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15692
Calm 3566
Rain 2896
Hyuk 1528
Bisu 994
Soma 310
Horang2 305
FanTaSy 294
Rush 242
BeSt 231
[ Show more ]
Mong 213
Jaedong 209
Stork 175
Sexy 132
Zeus 109
Mind 79
Pusan 60
ZerO 60
ToSsGirL 57
Mini 49
Larva 40
Light 35
Killer 34
Barracks 31
Shinee 31
NaDa 22
sorry 20
yabsab 16
Noble 15
Hm[arnc] 12
Free 6
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5224
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss720
olofmeister692
byalli688
edward257
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns46658
singsing1397
dupreeh315
crisheroes242
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1721
• Stunt349
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.