• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 30 Next All
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 02:21:37
January 31 2011 02:21 GMT
#141
I want to see this kind of clue analysis in the other game. T.T

EDIT: well, by this kind, it isn't necessarily motive based. Just good analysis
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
January 31 2011 02:24 GMT
#142
Damnit, I thought voting ended at 11 EST, not KST, apologies for missing the vote. As you may already know I was out most of yesterday and today due to technical problems, I'll be much more active starting tonight.

Anyway we got mafia, Woot!

For tonight I think we should discuss medic protection, who needs to be protected?
Moderator
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 31 2011 02:25 GMT
#143
DrH
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
January 31 2011 02:27 GMT
#144
On January 31 2011 11:25 Kenpachi wrote:
DrH


Reasons? Just cause he's experienced?
you gotta dance
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 31 2011 02:27 GMT
#145
I would believe DrH is townie this game and he would probably not have martyred Jackal if he was Mafia so yea Medic should protect DrH
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 31 2011 02:36 GMT
#146
Crap.

Sorry for missing the vote. I've been working on my dissertation paper all night. I forgot to check this as well.
I'm really sorry Elesbee.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 31 2011 02:48 GMT
#147
NP Cubed.

Btw, night post updated again!
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
January 31 2011 02:52 GMT
#148
On January 31 2011 11:48 LSB wrote:
NP Cubed.

Btw, night post updated again!


For a second I thought you actually gave us the mafia team. >.<
you gotta dance
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 31 2011 02:52 GMT
#149
Well this games over :o
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 31 2011 02:54 GMT
#150
On January 31 2011 11:52 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 11:48 LSB wrote:
NP Cubed.

Btw, night post updated again!


For a second I thought you actually gave us the mafia team. >.<

So did I. :p
I'm leaving now. Have fun guys.
Life can only kill you once.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 31 2011 02:56 GMT
#151
On January 31 2011 11:54 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 11:52 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On January 31 2011 11:48 LSB wrote:
NP Cubed.

Btw, night post updated again!


For a second I thought you actually gave us the mafia team. >.<

So did I. :p
I'm leaving now. Have fun guys.

So it worked, yesssssss
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
January 31 2011 02:58 GMT
#152
On January 31 2011 11:56 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 11:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 31 2011 11:52 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On January 31 2011 11:48 LSB wrote:
NP Cubed.

Btw, night post updated again!


For a second I thought you actually gave us the mafia team. >.<

So did I. :p
I'm leaving now. Have fun guys.

So it worked, yesssssss


On January 26 2011 13:06 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2011 13:04 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On January 26 2011 12:56 LSB wrote:
Stop asking questions!
No, No, and No (starting from the last blue text)


Thank you for your quick response times. You host mafia games, we have fun, good job!

Silly players you don't understand
You puppets dance! And I'm the one having fun!


This again? :p
you gotta dance
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2011 03:16 GMT
#153
nice lynch
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 31 2011 04:07 GMT
#154
Glad to see we got it right, even though the story was fairly on the obvious side. Still, town has a better track record than in XXXVI (so far).
whole lies with a half smile
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 04:17:10
January 31 2011 04:14 GMT
#155
.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 31 2011 04:16 GMT
#156
On January 31 2011 13:14 annul wrote:
uh

LSB you may want to edit the night post cuz i think this game is broke


As much as I wish that we just got handed the scum team, the players other than Jackal58 in that PM aren't in the game.
whole lies with a half smile
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 31 2011 05:55 GMT
#157
So, seeing as we know that Jackal is red, here's some analysis of what he's done and what that implicates.

On January 29 2011 13:22 Jackal58 wrote:
Pandas eat bamboo. If Q was pissed at pandas he'd just make them all disappear.
I'm not seeing anything but the wall/gravel connection yet. And that's not all that strong.


Light defense of Pandain here.

On January 29 2011 13:25 Jackal58 wrote:
From Wiki:
Show nested quote +
The thunder god of the Mortal Kombat universe, also known as Lord Raiden, is a protector of Earthrealm. Raiden commands many supernatural abilities such as the ability to teleport, control over lightning, and flight.

A reference to the missing bodies?


Puts some suspicion on Raiden / CubEdIn. As far as I can tell he's the only one to mention this character.

On January 30 2011 05:03 Jackal58 wrote:
Yep. I see points of the story in my wiki link. But I also can see points of the story in everybody's wiki link. Except Pandains. Haven't been able to make any connections to pandas.


Again, light defense of Pandain. But it's not like he lied here, we know that the post didn't apply to pandas at all.

On January 31 2011 07:47 Jackal58 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On January 31 2011 06:40 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 23:15 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 30 2011 13:35 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 30 2011 10:59 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 30 2011 09:50 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
##Vote Jackal58

The only connection to Jonathan Swift is that he wrote a satire called "A Modest Proposal" which advocated eating children in poor Ireland to solve the hunger problem. That could be connected to the disappearance of bodies but its verrrrry tentative.

Jackal58 is the strongest clue connection aside from Shann I guess. But Shann could really fit anything and Q doesn't jump out as me as much as Carlos the Jackal does.

I already discounted J. Swift. If you want to include what he wrote Gulliver's Travels has lots of stuff in it that matches up with things in the day post.
I don't know if LSB went that far.
Are links on the wiki pages used to generate clues?

And if you're all going to go with Pirates=Terrorists you might want to describe this "chainsaw defense" to me. I might need it.


A couple things wrong here:

A. Saying "I already discounted J. Swift" as though you are some sort of authority on who can or can't be related via clue. I said there was another tentative connection through that work which is a pretty famous one in actuality. In fact GMarshall even quotes "A Modest Proposal" in his profile.

B. You assume "pirates" is the important aspect of the story. There are always red herrings. Very rarely (if ever) will anyones chosen profile fit all aspects without one being contradictory. Otherwise the game is too easy.

C. The Chainsaw Defense is defending yourself by attacking someone else (typically your accuser). Basically you have to find someone that fits the story better than you do.

I was responding to your perceived implication of my apparent attempt to connect Jonathan Swift to the clues.If you wish to include A Modest Proposal in the list of things a clue could point to feel free. If that's how you guts are doing clue analysis this game is going to be a slam dunk for red.

I'm disappointed. I thought the chainsaw defense was going to be something much more exciting.


i don't understand your response

so we should utilize only your connection of J Swift. and not consider any others? if anything its more likely he'll connect AMP than gullivers travels since that work is quoted in gmarshall's profile. it would be stupid not to consider it


Goddamit I HAVE MADE NO CONNECTION TO SWIFT!!!!!!
Stop putting words in my mouth.


He pretty vehemently denies having put suspicion on Swift / GMarshall.

In the end, he didn't really lead us anywhere, as pretty much anybody can analyze clues. But I'm a bit more suspicious of GMarshall now, as Jackal seemed incredibly determined to make sure that there was no link present between them. I'll also keep an eye out for clues related to Pandain, but there's definitely nothing concrete here.
whole lies with a half smile
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 31 2011 17:12 GMT
#158
from the pm's pandain sent me it looks like his goal was to find another vote opportunity

if he's mafia, it's smart that he'd check with me. if i come out and try to get the vote change it gives that initiative more credibility and could take suspicion off pandain if jackal flips later.

wait for tomorrows clues, but pandain is the most suspicious character right now.
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
January 31 2011 23:40 GMT
#159
People who seem pro town/should be protected:
Dr. H-third person to vote for jackal(so not too early, but not too late so that he was just joining on the ineevitable). Furthormore warded me away from trying to help jackal, when mafia would've encouraged that.
Mr wiggles-got him lynched. Pretty obvious.

People to watch:
Chaoser-random vote on node, didn't change that. Then says "nice lynch". Hasn't really contributed at all.

Cubed in-inactive, people have to pressure him to post more.

CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 31 2011 23:47 GMT
#160
you're right. I'm bad at weekends. And this time i had a horrible monday as well. I'll try and pick up the pace tomorrow.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 123
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.