• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6429 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 30 Next All
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 01 2011 02:36 GMT
#181
On February 01 2011 11:34 LSB wrote:
Just to save you guys some time, the Beethoven picture not a clue.

I thought I blew you up on day 1.
Life can only kill you once.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 02:39 GMT
#182
On February 01 2011 11:36 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 11:35 darmousseh wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:26 Kenpachi wrote:
Well did anyone notice "Beethoven" in the openning picture? maybe thats the music sheet o_O



Nice, the song listed is not the song pictured, but I don't think that is important. I've played that song before.

then tell us!!


No i mean i played the song that was listed in the picture at the top, not the song from the clue

I will try to figure it out though.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 01 2011 02:39 GMT
#183
On February 01 2011 11:36 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 11:34 LSB wrote:
Just to save you guys some time, the Beethoven picture not a clue.

I thought I blew you up on day 1.

Your bombs don't work that well btw.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 01 2011 02:40 GMT
#184
On February 01 2011 11:39 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 11:36 Kenpachi wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:35 darmousseh wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:26 Kenpachi wrote:
Well did anyone notice "Beethoven" in the openning picture? maybe thats the music sheet o_O



Nice, the song listed is not the song pictured, but I don't think that is important. I've played that song before.

then tell us!!


No i mean i played the song that was listed in the picture at the top, not the song from the clue

I will try to figure it out though.

It's a random etude, the actual song itself is unimportant
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 01 2011 02:41 GMT
#185
A passing thought, the pictures could be a kind of puzzle with each picture standing for a word and then 4 out of the 5 words making a relevant phrase, I've been trying some permutations but haven't come up with anything yet.
Moderator
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 02:42 GMT
#186
On February 01 2011 11:41 GMarshal wrote:
A passing thought, the pictures could be a kind of puzzle with each picture standing for a word and then 4 out of the 5 words making a relevant phrase, I've been trying some permutations but haven't come up with anything yet.



Yeah I'm trying the same thing. The other thought is that they simply relate to 4 clues from the person.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 01 2011 02:46 GMT
#187
On February 01 2011 11:40 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 11:39 darmousseh wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:36 Kenpachi wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:35 darmousseh wrote:
On February 01 2011 11:26 Kenpachi wrote:
Well did anyone notice "Beethoven" in the openning picture? maybe thats the music sheet o_O



Nice, the song listed is not the song pictured, but I don't think that is important. I've played that song before.

then tell us!!


No i mean i played the song that was listed in the picture at the top, not the song from the clue

I will try to figure it out though.

It's a random etude, the actual song itself is unimportant

then in this case, DrH is the only one related to music. I think this is way too obvious and the killer must have listened to the etude or something
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 01 2011 02:49 GMT
#188
damn, wiggles...

Ok, so here's answers to people's questions.

As soon as I saw red ink and people disappearing in the first post I thought about Gulliver's Travels. Johnathan Swift was a writer who, for his whole life, wanted to get into a high position in society, trying many times. That's what I assumed the kidnapping of the governor to be since Holmes was questioning why the pirates did that in the first place. In his books, which I assumed were used since Swift used Gulliver as a pseudonym, Gulliver joins up with a group of pirates/gets marooned by them and they "disappear" into the sky and end up in Laputa which would explain why no one was there anymore and thus the "empty".

I didn't think of 18th century references as the reason for thinking about Gulliver's Travels. I might have just read too much into it since it's one of my favorite books.

I voted Node cause I thought his posts were really wishy washy in the beginning, he didn't really settle on one thing and was mentioning two people's profiles and asking everyone what they thought which was exactly how I played mafia in the previous Mini game so I wanted to pressure him. When people got really onboard with the Jackel vote, I didn't want to push Node cause that would just give mafia a way of splitting the town vote so I didn't push it farther.

As for the clues, Holden Caulfield, while he hated others, was against killing others due to his older brother, Allie's, death. I don't know about the bridge thing though, that's not in The Catcher in the Rye at all, I don't think he's ever in the same place as his parents, only his sister.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
February 01 2011 03:01 GMT
#189
Wait so the fifth picture is a red herring?

Let's just get out a description of each thing:
1.Drop the bomb, exterminate them all. Angry statement, from apocalypse now(the movie). The movie was about a guy who was worshipped as god or something.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now
2.Lego's, 4 guys over two dead robotic things. Aliens?
3.Snow, no evidence of any person, but tracks. A single tree. Where is this picture from?
4.Magic tricks, hocus pocus kit.
5.Music.

Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 01 2011 03:03 GMT
#190
That alien that died i think is the Yossarian..
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 01 2011 03:03 GMT
#191
On February 01 2011 12:01 Pandain wrote:
Wait so the fifth picture is a red herring?

Let's just get out a description of each thing:
1.Drop the bomb, exterminate them all. Angry statement, from apocalypse now(the movie). The movie was about a guy who was worshipped as god or something.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now
2.Lego's, 4 guys over two dead robotic things. Aliens?
3.Snow, no evidence of any person, but tracks. A single tree. Where is this picture from?
4.Magic tricks, hocus pocus kit.
5.Music.



Also for five, the word Staccato is underlined and it means detached in italian
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 01 2011 03:37 GMT
#192
I think I may have found something from the Raiden Wikipedia article "Raiden released his godly essence, resulting in an enormous explosion." if that isn't "dropping the bomb then I don't know what is.

Tying him to the hocus pocus, teleporting and controlling thunder certainly count as magic, at least IMO.

Associating with the snow, well Raiden is a elemental god (god of wind and rain, I dont think snow is that much of a stretch)

I'm looking for a fourth tie in now (i really believe there has to be one) , but I thought I might as well direct peoples attention at my findings in the meantime.
Moderator
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 01 2011 10:30 GMT
#193
Actually it's god of thunder, so that one is more than a bit of a stretch, but I agree the other two can point to me, somewhat.

Some relation to Gaara:
"he was rejected by his peers and fellow villagers for being the host of a tailed beast" - legos
"Gaara's development from this state into a highly withdrawn, sadistic character" - exterminate them all
Also, the snow trails could represent his lonely path to finding adversaries worthy of battling.

But ignore that, let's get to the good part.
Dr.H.

1. Music -> Thom Yorke - check
2. Legos -> Thom Yorke is in a band, might imply that
3. Apocalypse now -> The Motion Picture Soundtrack (song on OST of Apocalypse Now, the movie) was made by Radiohead, and guess who is the lead singer for Radiohead? Thom Yorke.
4. Hocus Pocus / Cards -> Radiohead has a song called "House of Cards"

Need I find more?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 01 2011 10:37 GMT
#194
P.S.:
[b]##Vote DoctorHelvetica[/]
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 01 2011 10:37 GMT
#195
erm...
P.S.:
##Vote DoctorHelvetica
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 01 2011 14:30 GMT
#196
3. Apocalypse now -> The Motion Picture Soundtrack (song on OST of Apocalypse Now, the movie) was made by Radiohead, and guess who is the lead singer for Radiohead? Thom Yorke.


I can't seem to find this anywhere. I mean, I can find the song and I know when you google it+radiohead you get a video of the sound+AN but I can't seem to find the track listed on any of the OST
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 01 2011 14:42 GMT
#197
On February 01 2011 23:30 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
3. Apocalypse now -> The Motion Picture Soundtrack (song on OST of Apocalypse Now, the movie) was made by Radiohead, and guess who is the lead singer for Radiohead? Thom Yorke.


I can't seem to find this anywhere. I mean, I can find the song and I know when you google it+radiohead you get a video of the sound+AN but I can't seem to find the track listed on any of the OST


Yeah, you're right, it doesn't seem to be in the official OST.
I just saw the video posted on youtube, vimeo, and other sites.

But it still can't be dismissed as a clue just because it's not on the OST, just not that strong of a clue. Which is what you'd expect from LSB in the first place.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 16:51 GMT
#198
On February 01 2011 23:30 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
3. Apocalypse now -> The Motion Picture Soundtrack (song on OST of Apocalypse Now, the movie) was made by Radiohead, and guess who is the lead singer for Radiohead? Thom Yorke.


I can't seem to find this anywhere. I mean, I can find the song and I know when you google it+radiohead you get a video of the sound+AN but I can't seem to find the track listed on any of the OST



It seems it's reverse. Radiohead has a song named "Motion Picture Soundtrack", however that youtube video is just a homemade video and not the official video. I couldn't find the original.

Here's the album though. It was released in 2000. Highly unlikely it was used in a movie that existed 20 years before the album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_A


Another thing to note is that the word "Lego" means "play well" in danish
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lego

I'm still stuck on these clues :p
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 16:54 GMT
#199
My guess at the method of how he came up with the clues is something like

"W X Y Z" is a sentence about a very specific character.

google W "find a semi related photo
google X "find a semi related photo
google Y "find a semi related photo
google Z "find a semi related photo"
google something else and add it to confuse people.


So our goal should be to find the keywords for each photo and make a sentence or statement out of it.

This is how I'm going to approach it unless someone finds something better.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 17:26 GMT
#200
This is freaking hard. This is the best I've come up with so far. I've spent like 2 hours on this thing.

Analysis of Raiden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat)#In_other_media

Clue #1
Apocalypse Now note saying "drop the bomb". This makes me think of the word "armageddon" which is the title of one of the mortal kombat games. Also someone mentioned his abilities that sound like an explosion.

Clue #2
Legos. Lego means "play well" in danish. Mortal Kombat is a game that you play. Both are things you play with.

Clue #3
Snow. Nothing yet.

Clue #4
Magic. "Raiden commands many supernatural abilities" directly from the wikipedia link

Clue #5
Music. Nothing yet.


So that is only 3 clues out of 5, but it's the best I've got. I found various references to other people (music to thom yorke, etc), but so far this is the only one I found with more than 1 possible reference.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3334
Soma 262
Rush 250
Killer 111
ToSsGirL 91
Mong 75
Shinee 36
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
byalli457
shoxiejesuss414
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King143
Other Games
summit1g7576
olofmeister653
WinterStarcraft562
Happy289
dupreeh237
Sick187
crisheroes121
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos825
• Stunt442
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.