• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:52
CEST 19:52
KST 02:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9827 users

Pick Your Power Mafia 3! - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 84 Next
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 06 2011 23:11 GMT
#201
/confirm
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
January 06 2011 23:22 GMT
#202
Decided to join last minute, I haven't read anything yet, including OP. I'll read it later when I have time.

I just want to bring this up front first, it will be very unlikely for me to follow LSB's plan.
靈魂交響曲
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 06 2011 23:38 GMT
#203
On January 07 2011 08:22 Fishball wrote:
Decided to join last minute, I haven't read anything yet, including OP. I'll read it later when I have time.

I just want to bring this up front first, it will be very unlikely for me to follow LSB's plan.

Why not?
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
January 06 2011 23:45 GMT
#204
So what are the disadvantages with LSB's plan? What way can mafia exploit it? Who thinks its a good idea and who doesn't?

From what I see it seemed work pretty well in PYP2 I think.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
January 06 2011 23:55 GMT
#205
/confirm
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
January 06 2011 23:56 GMT
#206
It looks very good imo. If the mafia wants the good roles they have to pick higher numbers but it's a higher chance for more people to choose that number putting him last getting the weaker roles. That's really how I see it.

I think they can also make each of their mafia each have different numbers so they both don't push each other to the back to last.

I don't know if there was any way for the mafia to exploit the predetermined list.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
JimboSilvers
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom167 Posts
January 07 2011 00:04 GMT
#207
Why should we follow it?

Clearly we need some kind of control over certain roles but your plan was already poor received by a lot of people here. Yes you may have altered it but you are still trying to control every pick which keeps some of the same problems. I have yet to finish reading #2 but Ace already said mafia lost due to inactivity not the plan. Using that as support seems stupid.

But there's a more important reason. This is GODAMN PICK YOUR POWER 3. It's going to be awesome. It is not LSB's slumberhouse of bored afkers. I sure as hell aint using no predetermined list.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 07 2011 00:08 GMT
#208
Why we need the plan? Would happen with everyone picking what they want?
For starters:

There's going to be a few townies that get the role they want. Maybe there's going to be a Bullet Bill, and a JOAT.

There's going to be a whole bunch of townies that tried to pick the Bullet Bill and the Joat, but didn't get it so they just ended up green.

There's going to be a whole bunch of roles that are important left untouched because no townie decided to pick it.

It's going to be easy for mafia to pick up the roles they want. Just get a high draft number and start stealing.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
January 07 2011 00:49 GMT
#209
On January 07 2011 09:08 LSB wrote:
Why we need the plan? Would happen with everyone picking what they want?
For starters:

There's going to be a few townies that get the role they want. Maybe there's going to be a Bullet Bill, and a JOAT.

There's going to be a whole bunch of townies that tried to pick the Bullet Bill and the Joat, but didn't get it so they just ended up green.

There's going to be a whole bunch of roles that are important left untouched because no townie decided to pick it.

It's going to be easy for mafia to pick up the roles they want. Just get a high draft number and start stealing.


You act like it will be so easy for mafia to get high draft numbers. Doing it this way allows them to downplay their draft numbers, giving them more comfort during the draft for roles that could be beneficial for them or detrimental for the town to lose.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 07 2011 01:00 GMT
#210
Ace, parity cop looks so sweet.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
January 07 2011 01:08 GMT
#211
last time we had a plan and we still had 2 people pick traitor within the top 6 if i remember correctly
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 07 2011 01:10 GMT
#212
I thought of a new role, the "role switcher."

At night, he can switch his role with another person. The switch occurs after all other night actions so the one being switched still perform his night action.

This role makes the game more fun by having crazy switching of roles every night.



I doubt you would introduce this role...
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 07 2011 02:02 GMT
#213
On January 07 2011 09:49 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 09:08 LSB wrote:
Why we need the plan? Would happen with everyone picking what they want?
For starters:

There's going to be a few townies that get the role they want. Maybe there's going to be a Bullet Bill, and a JOAT.

There's going to be a whole bunch of townies that tried to pick the Bullet Bill and the Joat, but didn't get it so they just ended up green.

There's going to be a whole bunch of roles that are important left untouched because no townie decided to pick it.

It's going to be easy for mafia to pick up the roles they want. Just get a high draft number and start stealing.


You act like it will be so easy for mafia to get high draft numbers. Doing it this way allows them to downplay their draft numbers, giving them more comfort during the draft for roles that could be beneficial for them or detrimental for the town to lose.

Firstly, most of the things I outlined still are problems even if mafia is dead last in the draft.
The key isn't mafia interference (That will always exist), the key is town clashing with other town.

Secondly, my plan is doing the opposite. Its forcing the mafia so that they can't use the roles they draft to help themselves or face execution. Since we know where roles such as the Copy Cat, CPR Doc, Roleblocker ect are, if the mafia attempts to use these roles for their own benefit, we can easily flush them out.

Thirdly, I've already outlined a way for the mafia to get high draft numbers. In fact, the mafia doesn't really even need high draft numbers because I don't believe many townies would actively try to deny the roles such as godfather or Janitor from the mafia.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 07 2011 02:06 GMT
#214
On January 07 2011 10:10 LunarDestiny wrote:
I thought of a new role, the "role switcher."

At night, he can switch his role with another person. The switch occurs after all other night actions so the one being switched still perform his night action.

This role makes the game more fun by having crazy switching of roles every night.



I doubt you would introduce this role...


I almost did but chose Witch instead. It was called changeling and was probably too wild.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 07 2011 02:35 GMT
#215
When will we be starting?
And a question I asked in another game that I got no answer to. Was TL off line this afternoon? Or do I have connection issues I have to deal with at work?
Life can only kill you once.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 07 2011 02:45 GMT
#216
On January 07 2011 11:35 Jackal58 wrote:
When will we be starting?
And a question I asked in another game that I got no answer to. Was TL off line this afternoon? Or do I have connection issues I have to deal with at work?


I didn't notice any down time this afternoon. I think Ace said we will start once enough people confirm their alignment pms.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 07 2011 02:46 GMT
#217
I don't think so, but I usually use this website to check http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 07 2011 03:03 GMT
#218
Thanks man. All that would load for me this afternoon was the banner.
And role confirmed.
Life can only kill you once.
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
January 07 2011 03:21 GMT
#219
On January 07 2011 12:03 Jackal58 wrote:
Thanks man. All that would load for me this afternoon was the banner.
And role confirmed.


You have to use the proper format to confirm your role

/confirm

When are we going to be allowed to pick our numbers?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
January 07 2011 04:04 GMT
#220
/confirm
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 126
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2909
Bisu 2207
Soulkey 997
EffOrt 500
Larva 414
Mini 385
Dewaltoss 192
ZerO 188
hero 94
Mind 75
[ Show more ]
sorry 64
Sharp 60
Shinee 51
Barracks 34
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1443
420jenkins382
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
fl0m4246
Fnx 679
x6flipin362
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu400
Other Games
Grubby2933
Liquid`RaSZi1638
FrodaN703
XBOCT244
Livibee180
C9.Mang0135
TKL 117
QueenE104
RotterdaM61
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2845
• TFBlade748
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
• imaqtpie525
• WagamamaTV511
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 8m
Patches Events
22h 8m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.