• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War495.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8073 users

Insane Mafia - Page 150

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 223 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 20:52 GMT
#2981
hence why garbage collector is the easiest role for mafia to fake

they know everybodies alignment
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 05 2010 21:04 GMT
#2982
On November 06 2010 05:52 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2010 05:51 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 06 2010 05:30 Pandain wrote:
We know your town now, but I would do the same thing had I gone back in time.


Not to discredit our glorious Mayor, but we only know he is probably town. He has proven his ability to carry out his role, not that it is a blue role. I'm not saying he should be next up on the chopping block, but it is dangerous to assume something like that.

he would know, of course, if he is mafia what my alignment is ;o


or the fact that a role where you poke someone and confirm your role would be utterly useless for town?

Take a step back, Dr. H. I know things got heated between us two, but you have to see that I did what I thought was right.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:05 GMT
#2983
it's not useless because it determines who does/doesn't have m-rus
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 05 2010 21:05 GMT
#2984
which would benefit mafia, how?
Aren't they the ones SPREADING it?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:10 GMT
#2985
not necessarily

it's clear the the mafia had some anti m-rus roles though since they had a plague doctor
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 05 2010 21:12 GMT
#2986
On November 06 2010 06:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
not necessarily

it's clear the the mafia had some anti m-rus roles though since they had a plague doctor


which spread the virus by making doctors spread mrus instead of prevent....

next?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:12 GMT
#2987
what
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 05 2010 21:14 GMT
#2988
I was seeing if you had any other arguments n.n

Anyway, unless you have something else, I'm going to stop spamming(unintentionally of course.) I think town is tired of dr. h-pandain debates....
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
November 05 2010 21:28 GMT
#2989
K, so in the last page we had pandain assume that DrH is town, which he wouldn't know if he's mafia, then pretend that plague doctors spread mrus or some shit?

So yeah, if we were 75% certain pandain was mafia before, we should be in the 99% region now. Given that, he should be killed today so we can move the bombs, there's no risk of our DT being able to yank our chain because we can set of the hatter bombs during the night and confirm him prior to the next undecided kill decision.

The only thing that worries me is that DrH/Pandain are in cahoots and are doing this to give coag the chance to get off his night ability, but I don't think coag particularly tried hard to mask the fact that he was a snot flinger or something. If coag's role has a night component as a tradeoff for flinging snot (maybe something related to the +1?) then this might make sense.

Anyways, changing votes, and I suggest other people do as well.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:30 GMT
#2990
if i was pandains scumbuddy i would have told him to shut up a long time ago
RIP Aaliyah
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
November 05 2010 21:33 GMT
#2991
Hence why having him not shut up would be beneficial to you if you were playing him as a gambit piece, especially with you being mayormmune to checks.

Anyways, we'll have more flips before we need to make a decision on any of these themes anyways. If coag's ability has some kind of value added night benefit, this might be important.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:34 GMT
#2992
i'm not mayormmune to checks

mayor isn't immune to rolechecks, thats part of the reason im a little suspicious about hyperbola. i suspected a mafia mayor candidate would pull back on their campaign when artanis said mayors can be rolechecked
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:37 GMT
#2993
pandain also kinda dropped out of the race

he just said "w/e i can't confirm and i trust you doch so you can be mayor now". it was such a weak post too and it made me seriously consider that he could be scum.

i think I quoted it here:
On November 04 2010 09:38 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2010 23:19 deconduo wrote:
Ok, the election seems to have gotten out of hand a lot. Right now I don't like ANY of the 3 leading candidates:

Fishball - I've said a few times I just don't trust the whole circle thing.

Dr. H - Just seems, I dunno, off somehow. The timing of when he started to run was weird. He has a huge bandwagon overnight as well. It reeks imo.

Pandain - I put my vote on him initially, because between him and fishball I'd much prefer him. I feel he's the least likely to be scum of all 3, but I don't think he'd be an amazing mayor. In previous games I've played with him he was a bit all over the place. However, given the choice between those 3 I would pick him as the 'safe' option.

So I'm going to change back to my original vote for now, bumatlarge. The fact that he has not been pushing so hard like the others reassures me as well.



I didn't like this post by Deconduo. Now he's anti-pandain but it could be a bus? IDK seems unlikely the mafia would bus Pandain right away at this point to me, but why were you initially trusting of Pandain in the first place? I'd just like a response from you that's all.

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 09:13 Pandain wrote:
On October 31 2010 09:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 31 2010 09:09 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On October 31 2010 09:01 Pandain wrote:
On October 31 2010 08:50 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 31 2010 08:46 bumatlarge wrote:
On October 31 2010 08:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 31 2010 08:37 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Have we solidified a day one lynch? I feel like this should be our highest priority right now, we've only got a few hours left. I'm still suggesting youngminii because of his scummish posts. Although I feel like Kenpachi would be a good lynch as well, the possibility that he's afk or something gives him enough reasonable doubt that I don't think he should go day one.


SiNiquity is my first choice at the moment. Similar post to youngminii but I feel more confident that his actual vote was scummy than youngs.

I feel that Pandain or BumAtLarge have the highest chances of being scum mayor so I'm looking at their supporters and posting atm.


There is some truth to this, I've been looking through the thread and I've noticed a little something relevant. I think a few of us have suggested lynching a candidate. If there was no mafia candidate, I'd imagine a few scum would say that would seem like a good idea. But it was basically you, fishball and myself who have hinted at doing this. No one commented on it. I think it's likely one of the candidates are scum. Though we only really mentioned it when we were looking like we were gaining soe ground in the race. Kill Pandain I say :D

Pandain is my second choice for now but I'm not sure since he claims to have an uber important role. But how important can it be if it's less important than mine that is mostly important on its ability to confirm itself?

I have a weird feeling about Nemesis. his vote is for pandain but iirc he supported me mostly in this thread. correct me if I'm wrong maybe I'm thinking about someone else.

Also if the boogerthrower knows the identity of the mafia voter somehow, come out and claim. You'll be medic protected 100%.


I don't understand why I'm under suspicion except for a couple facts:
1.Like 5 people voted me without a "sufficient" explanation.
2.I'm one of the running canidates.

Obviously the second one is the most convincing one, as I severely doubt that mafia could just sit back and let town take the election. So that leaves Dr. H(to be confirmed), Fishball, Bumatlarge, and Me.


The fact that people voted for you without sufficient explanation is exactly why you are under suspicion. What reason would they have to vote for you at all? There were plenty of candidates that started running (myself and ghrur to name a couple off the top of my head) that got no votes. Why would they choose you without any good reason to?


I'm more concerned with the way he just handed the election to me after it was clear I was winning, when he was so critical of me before, and when he claims to have such a huge role that can ALSO confirm itself as being 100% town.

He said "oh i can confirm myself being town" but now he's letting me have it because I can confirm myself as being town?

wut?


Again, I really have been really arragont in this game. Without a shadow of a doubt, you ARE a better player than me. I was more concerned that I may have a better role and the fact if you are town you are a valuable asset(and you can confirm yourself as town.) I've passed myself off as expierenced, when really I don't have anything to back that up. I need to play some more games before I can earn that respect.

Also my role can still only "indirectly" confirm me. You would understand but I don't want to give too much away. Plus the fact that you're winning makes it easier to concede :p


This was the first post that made me think Pandain is probably scum.

I didn't get much out of page 3, except for the mafia agenda focused on making people distrust the idea of the town circle in the first place.

RIP Aaliyah
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 05 2010 21:37 GMT
#2994
Hyperbola should definitely be looked at as a candidate for tomorrows lynch. His play is too apathetic to benefit the town.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:37 GMT
#2995
actually i didn't, i need to find that specific post
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:38 GMT
#2996
On October 31 2010 08:18 Pandain wrote:
Alright, I decided Dr. H would be a better mayor than me. I did somewhat get caught up in my own ego and emotion and realized during the Rally to restore Sanity and/or Fear that, if he can really confirm himself to be 100% town, that I would trust him above myself.

As for that mafia vote, I think it's just a ploy to make people disbelieve him. This is what really stuck with me, why would they do that when they know he would already win? I think it's just a poor/desperate play.

Don't let me down Dr. H.,

RIP Aaliyah
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
November 05 2010 21:44 GMT
#2997
Now that L is voting for Pandain, what will happen in the case of a tie?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 05 2010 21:45 GMT
#2998
its up to lexpar i guess
RIP Aaliyah
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
November 05 2010 21:47 GMT
#2999
Amber, I see you are voting for Hyper right now, your vote can decide the lynching.

That said, I still unsure if Pandain is the right choice.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 05 2010 21:47 GMT
#3000
On November 06 2010 06:47 LunarDestiny wrote:
Amber, I see you are voting for Hyper right now, your vote can decide the lynching.

That said, I still unsure if Pandain is the right choice.


I know this. I'm going to make sure the right person dies tonight if I need to, don't worry.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Prev 1 148 149 150 151 152 223 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 335
TKL 239
CranKy Ducklings142
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1134
Lowko532
TKL 239
ProTech121
Rex 118
MindelVK 24
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59164
Free 1801
Horang2 319
firebathero 255
Zeus 206
Last 111
Hyun 79
910 73
ToSsGirL 69
Pusan 46
[ Show more ]
Trap 46
soO 31
Bishop 22
Rock 21
Aegong 20
scan(afreeca) 18
Yoon 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7539
Dendi850
XaKoH 434
420jenkins67
canceldota29
Counter-Strike
fl0m2528
byalli654
Other Games
singsing2305
Mlord547
Beastyqt344
KnowMe132
Liquid`VortiX109
DeMusliM95
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• StrangeGG 19
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2768
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1511
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 47m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.