• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8996 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 142 Next
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 12 2010 23:43 GMT
#861
ebwop

by the last sentence i meant that i'm sure veldril's a better lynch candidate than masq
lalala
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 12 2010 23:43 GMT
#862
On October 13 2010 08:40 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:35 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 13 2010 08:22 orgolove wrote:
Right now I'm checking everyone's current and past voting trend for this day and updating. It's still in progress, but if you want to see:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I added an additional column that shows each person's vote changes, if any.


NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


There are a few smurfs in this game that I am aware of. It's not something I have a problem with.




Oh really. Then next time I should register my smurf as well so that I have double the information power? What the !@#$? How the hell are smurfs allowed? It gives such an outrageous advantage. If you truly allow this, I give up. Fuck it.


If you are that upset about it then I can replace you. Being a smurf doesn't really give you any extra information power. Some players don't want to have to stay offline on msn/aim/whatever just for the purposes of playing mafia or might be participating in multiple games. I wouldn't have allowed a smurf if I thought it would give a player an unfair advantage. If you can't deal with it then I will gladly modkill you.
RIP Aaliyah
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 12 2010 23:43 GMT
#863
On October 13 2010 08:40 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:35 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 13 2010 08:22 orgolove wrote:
Right now I'm checking everyone's current and past voting trend for this day and updating. It's still in progress, but if you want to see:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I added an additional column that shows each person's vote changes, if any.


NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


There are a few smurfs in this game that I am aware of. It's not something I have a problem with.




Oh really. Then next time I should register my smurf as well so that I have double the information power? What the !@#$? How the hell are smurfs allowed? It gives such an outrageous advantage. If you truly allow this, I give up. Fuck it.

Shut the fuck up and get over yourself. They're avoiding people like you that rely on the metagame which some consider a game ruiner.
lalala
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 12 2010 23:44 GMT
#864
What the fuck? Same goes for Yogy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=Yogy

Account made on October 11, FOUR total posts. Only posts in the mafia games. And you let this continue?
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 12 2010 23:44 GMT
#865
Wow. So I can proxy a smurf right now, then join in a different game completely hiding my status as the same player, and you'd never know huh?
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 12 2010 23:44 GMT
#866
On October 13 2010 08:43 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:40 orgolove wrote:
On October 13 2010 08:35 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On October 13 2010 08:22 orgolove wrote:
Right now I'm checking everyone's current and past voting trend for this day and updating. It's still in progress, but if you want to see:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html


I added an additional column that shows each person's vote changes, if any.


NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


There are a few smurfs in this game that I am aware of. It's not something I have a problem with.




Oh really. Then next time I should register my smurf as well so that I have double the information power? What the !@#$? How the hell are smurfs allowed? It gives such an outrageous advantage. If you truly allow this, I give up. Fuck it.

Shut the fuck up and get over yourself. They're avoiding people like you that rely on the metagame which some consider a game ruiner.


No matter how much you disagree don't make it personal. You're walking the line of flaming here. Consider this a warning.
RIP Aaliyah
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
October 12 2010 23:45 GMT
#867
Orglove, concentrate really hard and articulate to us whats wrong with this.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 12 2010 23:46 GMT
#868
On October 13 2010 08:44 orgolove wrote:
Wow. So I can proxy a smurf right now, then join in a different game completely hiding my status as the same player, and you'd never know huh?


The next post you have on the matter will result in a modkill. If you want to discuss this PM me. The discussion of smurfs ends here.
RIP Aaliyah
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 12 2010 23:46 GMT
#869
It was worth it, I don't like cocky/smartass newbies that think they have the right to direct/dictate the game that someone else is taking the time to host.
lalala
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 12 2010 23:46 GMT
#870
On October 13 2010 08:44 orgolove wrote:
What the fuck? Same goes for Yogy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=Yogy

Account made on October 11, FOUR total posts. Only posts in the mafia games. And you let this continue?


I don't understand why it's so big a deal, as long as each player only has 1 account in the game. It's not entirely fair to veteran players that they have a giant posting history looming behind them, while us random dudes don't have any reputation. As long as it's 1 account per player, this seems fine.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 12 2010 23:47 GMT
#871
EBWOP: sorry, DrH, for posting that after you said the discussion ended. I was already typing it when you posted that, I guess, so I didn't see it.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 12 2010 23:47 GMT
#872
Hahaha. so, say the account "Node" is my smurf. Both myself and Node signed up for the same mafia game. The RNG gives me the Jack O Lantern and Node the Brute. I now know one blue role and all the vampires. Plus I can message the vampires and know all their information while still being a townie with my main account.

And this isn't an advantage? Lol...
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 12 2010 23:50 GMT
#873
That is not what smurfing is. The rule is 1 account per game. If this rule is found to be violated the person will not only be modkilled but likely banned from playing mafia for life. Smurfing is signing up for a game with an alternate account rather than your main account.

for instance, flamewheel played in brownbears mafia with the account "protactinium" instead of his main account. this does not give him an unfair advantage. Discussion over. PM me if you want to talk about this, if you make a single post regarding this in the thread you WILL be modkilled.
RIP Aaliyah
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 12 2010 23:50 GMT
#874
Are you sure each player only have 1 account in the game? -_- There are countless ways you can hide your identity and pretend you are completely unrelated....


Well, if you allow this, at least know this: we definitely know that Metalface is a smurf, a.k.a. an experienced mafia player hiding behind a new face. And yet his only post in this thread was one where he tried to appear as a noob:
On October 12 2010 07:42 MetalFace wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but when/where/how do we vote who to lynch?


THink on it.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 12 2010 23:58 GMT
#875
So he might be a veteran but not very good at being sneaky.

I suggest we trust DrH that he wouldn't let things like 2 accounts per player slide, and just play the game.

Also, I understand why people would prefer Veldril dead as well, not going to hang anyone for that, but I just don't see it as clear as I see masq. It might be my noobness to the game smudging my vision, but hey, at least I'll be proven wrong and know not to judge people by clues and the fact that they're acting fishy as heck.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 12 2010 23:58 GMT
#876
Why Veldril must die.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 00:56 youngminii wrote:
Your argument consists of the following:

"People already think I'm mafia so no matter what I say/argue, people will think I'm saying that because I'm mafia".

We are not idiots, there are people here that have been playing mafia for years. If you actually posted something of value as your defense, we may be swayed in our decision to lynch you. Instead, you act like you've already given up and that you have no defense.

I'm sure everyone has a friend that never apologizes and instead says "well what do you want me to do, I can't do anything about it" instead of a simple "sorry". This is what you are doing and as such, I want everyone to vote for and lynch you. If you aren't scum then at least we've made an example of you as WHAT NOT TO DO.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:32 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:03 bumatlarge wrote:
RE-READ THREAD: MASQ SHOULD BE LYNCHED

I must have misread somewhere on the veldril and masq debate, but going back, masq is the obvious lynch here.
1. He has clues pointing to him that seem a little obvious, but they are clear clues regarding something.
2. Veldril defended him, so we may have a lead if masq pops scum.
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.

What if he isn't scum? Then we have absolutely no lead to go from. We'll be put off from voting Veldril and the vote lists mean squat.

I don't want to rely on clues (might be because of my lack of experience in clue based games), I'd rather play this out from behaviour. Veldril is much more obvious than Masq in behaviour.

Veldril defended him yet Masq voted for Veldril. What does this mean? I don't want to think about it.

Call me naive but I really don't think Masq is scum. I mean if I was new to this game and I had such an important role, I'd be defending myself (using crap arguments since I'm new) to death. Masq is not doing this. On the other hand, Veldril is. (refer to my earlier post)

I implore you to change your vote to Veldril, I don't care what these 'clues' say, if they're as obvious as the jack-o-lantern thing then all the other clues would be just as obvious. I'm pretty sure DoctorHelvetica isn't stupid enough to make one clue blindingly obvious and all the others vague as hell.

And yes, I am defending Masq and accusing Veldril.
lalala
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 13 2010 00:02 GMT
#877
On October 13 2010 08:58 youngminii wrote:
Why Veldril must die.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 00:56 youngminii wrote:
Your argument consists of the following:

"People already think I'm mafia so no matter what I say/argue, people will think I'm saying that because I'm mafia".

We are not idiots, there are people here that have been playing mafia for years. If you actually posted something of value as your defense, we may be swayed in our decision to lynch you. Instead, you act like you've already given up and that you have no defense.

I'm sure everyone has a friend that never apologizes and instead says "well what do you want me to do, I can't do anything about it" instead of a simple "sorry". This is what you are doing and as such, I want everyone to vote for and lynch you. If you aren't scum then at least we've made an example of you as WHAT NOT TO DO.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2010 08:32 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 08:03 bumatlarge wrote:
RE-READ THREAD: MASQ SHOULD BE LYNCHED

I must have misread somewhere on the veldril and masq debate, but going back, masq is the obvious lynch here.
1. He has clues pointing to him that seem a little obvious, but they are clear clues regarding something.
2. Veldril defended him, so we may have a lead if masq pops scum.
3. The vote lists will help us massively on fishing out opposing faction

Masq is my vote, and if hes scum, then we can sift through the current list of masq people for his opposite faction.

What if he isn't scum? Then we have absolutely no lead to go from. We'll be put off from voting Veldril and the vote lists mean squat.

I don't want to rely on clues (might be because of my lack of experience in clue based games), I'd rather play this out from behaviour. Veldril is much more obvious than Masq in behaviour.

Veldril defended him yet Masq voted for Veldril. What does this mean? I don't want to think about it.

Call me naive but I really don't think Masq is scum. I mean if I was new to this game and I had such an important role, I'd be defending myself (using crap arguments since I'm new) to death. Masq is not doing this. On the other hand, Veldril is. (refer to my earlier post)

I implore you to change your vote to Veldril, I don't care what these 'clues' say, if they're as obvious as the jack-o-lantern thing then all the other clues would be just as obvious. I'm pretty sure DoctorHelvetica isn't stupid enough to make one clue blindingly obvious and all the others vague as hell.

And yes, I am defending Masq and accusing Veldril.


so your argument is: Masq is not defending himself, therefore he is not scum. Veldril is, therefore he is scum. Please clarify this for me.
ShmotZ
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States581 Posts
October 13 2010 00:06 GMT
#878
I dont like this sudden change, we cant be changing votes so often since we only got a few hours left, we need to make sure we choose right and no looking back, good or bad *good hopefully*
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping, but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head." - Bender
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 13 2010 00:07 GMT
#879
masq is scum

veldril is scum

the entire debate is whether it is smarter to vote veldril or masq tonight. who is more dangerous to keep alive.

most who view it like this will say veldril.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 13 2010 00:08 GMT
#880
All right. I updated the spreadsheet with everybody's current votes, voting patterns (changes), smurf lists, suspicious patterns etc.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ap0Ejzlf165MdENWM3p1cHNOcDlnT0o4bjNUUFdVMlE&hl=en&output=html
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft398
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14681
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
Doublelift4453
Other Games
summit1g8773
FrodaN3043
JimRising 622
KnowMe178
ViBE115
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King68
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta12
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
INu's Battles
11h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
Replay Cast
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.