• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9152 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 46

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 142 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 13 2010 00:40 GMT
#901
On October 13 2010 09:38 youngminii wrote:
If anyone ever PMs you a counter argument to one of your arguments in the thread, ignore it, tell the person to post it in the thread and if they don't do it, quote it in the thread yourself.

Do not ever let someone take a public discussion/argument and turn it into a private one.


Business Socks(BS). It helps stop Spam. You can post a question raised up into the thread, but this just gives cover for mafia to ignore pms and tell them to post in thread, when someone may be asking you something personally.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 13 2010 00:45 GMT
#902
Well I'm off to sleep. Not sure if I'll be back in the next few hours (maybe over 10+).

If Masq doesn't get lynched I'll be seriously annoyed throughout day 2.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
October 13 2010 00:46 GMT
#903
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Pandain:
GIVE ME THOUGHTS NOW YUM YUM

YUM YUM MONSTA DEMANDS BRAIN FOOD

Yum Yum ==> Food
Food ==> Sausage
Sausage ==> "Franks"
Frankenstein

Frankenstein also has no thoughts, meaning he would require others to feed him thoughts. He also has no tact, which in text would be represented with proper punctuation and capitalization and would demand such items without properly asking.

k 1 down 60 to go
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 13 2010 00:47 GMT
#904
You didn't ask me anything/speak to me personally. You replied to my *public* argument and argued your case *privately*. There's a reason some games don't allow PMs. Everyone's arguments should be plain and open in the public eye so that they can be analysed and dissected. If you have something to ask someone or don't want the rest of town/scum to see what you are writing to someone, then PM all you want. But there's no reason for you to hide your arguments except that you don't want people to analyse them later on in the game.

Obvious scumlike behaviour, not pointing fingers yet.
lalala
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
October 13 2010 00:49 GMT
#905
Dude Pandain's clearly Frankenstein lay off
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 13 2010 00:51 GMT
#906
On October 13 2010 09:46 SiNiquity wrote:
-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Pandain:
GIVE ME THOUGHTS NOW YUM YUM

YUM YUM MONSTA DEMANDS BRAIN FOOD

Yum Yum ==> Food
Food ==> Sausage
Sausage ==> "Franks"
Frankenstein

Frankenstein also has no thoughts, meaning he would require others to feed him thoughts. He also has no tact, which in text would be represented with proper punctuation and capitalization and would demand such items without properly asking.

k 1 down 60 to go


In what context did he even send this? It just seems bizzare to me.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 13 2010 00:53 GMT
#907
On October 13 2010 09:47 youngminii wrote:
You didn't ask me anything/speak to me personally. You replied to my *public* argument and argued your case *privately*. There's a reason some games don't allow PMs. Everyone's arguments should be plain and open in the public eye so that they can be analysed and dissected. If you have something to ask someone or don't want the rest of town/scum to see what you are writing to someone, then PM all you want. But there's no reason for you to hide your arguments except that you don't want people to analyse them later on in the game.

Obvious scumlike behaviour, not pointing fingers yet.


Posted without including this. If you really want what he said to be posted so bad, why not just post the PMs? I guess it's less reliable, because they could be forged, but I think that imitating Pandain's writing style would be kind of hard.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 13 2010 00:53 GMT
#908
Question about the game:
Franky: if he die 1st time, will be be aware about it? will anyone else know that he only has 1 life left? lynching cost him 2 life or 1?

I requires the number of people could have for each roles. What i mean is for Example:
GF = 1
Count = 1
zombie = 0 ->31
Frank = 0 ->31????????????
DTs = 0-31?
...
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 13 2010 00:54 GMT
#909
On October 13 2010 09:53 Kpyolysis32 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 09:47 youngminii wrote:
You didn't ask me anything/speak to me personally. You replied to my *public* argument and argued your case *privately*. There's a reason some games don't allow PMs. Everyone's arguments should be plain and open in the public eye so that they can be analysed and dissected. If you have something to ask someone or don't want the rest of town/scum to see what you are writing to someone, then PM all you want. But there's no reason for you to hide your arguments except that you don't want people to analyse them later on in the game.

Obvious scumlike behaviour, not pointing fingers yet.


Posted without including this. If you really want what he said to be posted so bad, why not just post the PMs? I guess it's less reliable, because they could be forged, but I think that imitating Pandain's writing style would be kind of hard.

I did.
lalala
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 13 2010 00:58 GMT
#910
Oh, hahaha, I didn't even realize that was a PM, thought it was just a quote from earlier. That'll teach me to look closer at things, I guess.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 13 2010 01:10 GMT
#911
On the case of that Heaven on earth guy, i think you have to re consider your logic... assuming he is a red, that kid has 1 SINGLE POST... he has no power what so ever and possibly just a newb. That type of player should has nothing to worry about: unless he start talking. Im quite sure he will be 1 of the bandwagon players which normally happen alot in any mafia games.

If he is a green/blue and he got lynched=> you are screwed. Not to mention the chance of him being a green/blue over red is higher (31/61, cmon).

The way you are proving he is red also making no-sense:
1st of all it was his 1st post and to newb, it common to see stupid non-sense posts. 2ndly, u were using clue. Now clue is something really UNRELIABLE when we have FREAKING 61 players...

about masq vs veld: i think they are both dying soon, 1 by lynching and 1 by M/V since they think the survivor is belonged to the other team. Its not like saving Veld will make him alive. Also you could see that under this pressure, Veld has stopped to post. Thats clearly not something a good player will do so i dont think his value is that much.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Pandain:
I WILL die if im not protected.

I didn't protect both of them, if anything I "protected" Vendril to the extent that I pointed out that Heaven on earth was a better choice and masq is a better choice than vendril. However, since I wasn't able to muster enough votes for heaven on earth I revoted for masq.


-----------------------------------------
Original Message From NB:
Saying that does not make you a scum but what if they happen to lynch a red today? You are the one who protecting BOTH of them... even if the one they lynch today is green/blue, the other still could be red and their opinions on you wont change.

Now i dont trust you yet but i just dont wana see a "reasonable" players to remove himself out of the game so quickly.... Not even counting you could be a target for M/V KP tonight

GL man!

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Pandain:
I already gave up on that, I was hoping that enough people would be as active at viewing this thread as I am. I suppose I have too much free time.

If I feel like one canidate is better than another, I will speak my mind. That is THE pro town thing to do.

Saying that makes me scum is false, and you should rethink that.

Also I need to calm down, even though I'm not yelling, I'm getting naturally agressive. Yum yum does not like that.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From NB:
The true that either masq or veld being lynched tonight is undeniable. if you are a green/blue the best way to solve this is prepare for after damage. Instead you went a head and accused a guy who has 1 post in the thread and "protect" both veld and masq. I have to agree that you are now on the top nomination for lynching award day2.

No matter what is you speaking right now, true or false, it will be like Galileo vs the Church and since this is a survival game, scarifying yourself for the truth is not always a good choice considering you seeing yourself as a "helpful" townie.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message From Pandain:
i don't know what i have to defend myself for.

I already asked what im being accused of in thread, no on eresponded.


just to make thing clear and make sure that this pm wont face against me in the future, i publicizing it :D
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 13 2010 01:12 GMT
#912
Please don't post pms, sometimes people PM for a reason. Sometimes people don't want other people to see things.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 13 2010 01:14 GMT
#913
On October 13 2010 10:12 Pandain wrote:
Please don't post pms, sometimes people PM for a reason. Sometimes people don't want other people to see things.

It's ok by the rules, just to be clear.
RIP Aaliyah
MetalFace
Profile Joined September 2010
United States75 Posts
October 13 2010 01:15 GMT
#914

NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


Heyo. Just to clear this up for you, I am in fact not a smurf. After starting to play SC2 a friend of mine suggested I check out TL because, as I'm sure you all know, this is the place to be for SC2 strats. I made an account so I could sign up for the NA TL Open, but unfortunately, couldn't make it. As for my low post count, I was never really one for posting a ton because A) I'm not all that good at SC2, and B) I'm firmly believe bad people posting just makes for bad forums. Realistically, why would I make a smurf account using a SC2 name that is legit?

And so I had been happy in my lurking until I saw the Haunted Mafia signup on the left hand bar. I had played a simplified version of Mafia IRL but nothing like this before.

Honestly, I have no way of proving this to you, but quite frankly, whether or not you believe me doesn't really matter.


As for voting, it's the first night and as much as you guys want to get really deep into the clues, someone has to die. Once we lynch someone, we'll be a lot closer to finding out who is mafia/vampire. There's like 5-6 people right now that we could lynch and and one of them would give us a ton of information as to who's who, but for right now we're just working off of a handful of clue and a mountain of speculation.
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 13 2010 01:18 GMT
#915
On October 13 2010 10:15 MetalFace wrote:
Show nested quote +

NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


Heyo. Just to clear this up for you, I am in fact not a smurf. After starting to play SC2 a friend of mine suggested I check out TL because, as I'm sure you all know, this is the place to be for SC2 strats. I made an account so I could sign up for the NA TL Open, but unfortunately, couldn't make it. As for my low post count, I was never really one for posting a ton because A) I'm not all that good at SC2, and B) I'm firmly believe bad people posting just makes for bad forums. Realistically, why would I make a smurf account using a SC2 name that is legit?

And so I had been happy in my lurking until I saw the Haunted Mafia signup on the left hand bar. I had played a simplified version of Mafia IRL but nothing like this before.

Honestly, I have no way of proving this to you, but quite frankly, whether or not you believe me doesn't really matter.


As for voting, it's the first night and as much as you guys want to get really deep into the clues, someone has to die. Once we lynch someone, we'll be a lot closer to finding out who is mafia/vampire. There's like 5-6 people right now that we could lynch and and one of them would give us a ton of information as to who's who, but for right now we're just working off of a handful of clue and a mountain of speculation.


Character name and identifier, please? If there's a "Metalface" on Bnet, it does a gigantic amount for good for clearing your name as a smurf, I feel. Nobody would buy a new copy of SC2 or permanently name their character just to hide their name for 1 game of Mafia.
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
October 13 2010 01:19 GMT
#916
I mean to say "If you are 'Metalface' on Bnet" not "If there's a 'Metalface' on Bnet"
Just to clarify
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 13 2010 01:20 GMT
#917
On October 13 2010 10:15 MetalFace wrote:
Show nested quote +

NOTICE

A question about the MetalFace guy:

check out his profile and post history.



His account was made on September 27th. He has 3 total posts. His first post was in the mafia forum request thread. His only post in this thread was a cover post, asking how the voting is done. His last post is a vote against Veldril.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/profile.php?user=MetalFace

It's highly unlikely this guy is actually someone new who just found teamliquid. Who the hell joins teamliquid and makes his first post to be in the mafia game? Who the hell actually knows how to put pictures and edit their signature etc, but only have three posts?


This guy is 100% a smurf of another player here. So lame - DrH, shouldn't you be checking this kind of shit before the game starts?


Heyo. Just to clear this up for you, I am in fact not a smurf. After starting to play SC2 a friend of mine suggested I check out TL because, as I'm sure you all know, this is the place to be for SC2 strats. I made an account so I could sign up for the NA TL Open, but unfortunately, couldn't make it. As for my low post count, I was never really one for posting a ton because A) I'm not all that good at SC2, and B) I'm firmly believe bad people posting just makes for bad forums. Realistically, why would I make a smurf account using a SC2 name that is legit?

And so I had been happy in my lurking until I saw the Haunted Mafia signup on the left hand bar. I had played a simplified version of Mafia IRL but nothing like this before.

Honestly, I have no way of proving this to you, but quite frankly, whether or not you believe me doesn't really matter.


As for voting, it's the first night and as much as you guys want to get really deep into the clues, someone has to die. Once we lynch someone, we'll be a lot closer to finding out who is mafia/vampire. There's like 5-6 people right now that we could lynch and and one of them would give us a ton of information as to who's who, but for right now we're just working off of a handful of clue and a mountain of speculation.

i dont know how many times i have to say this. clues on day1 mean jack shit. do not rely on them until day 2 AT EARLIEST. and then you'll need really good clue analysis skills. and day 2 clues will probably not be about the same people, so it still wouldnt be a great idea to rely on them. at this point i'd much rather completely ignore them unless i were the mad scientist.
boomer hands
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 13 2010 01:20 GMT
#918
Whether or not he is a smurf is irrelevant....

let's stick to the matter at hand, no?
MetalFace
Profile Joined September 2010
United States75 Posts
October 13 2010 01:24 GMT
#919

Character name and identifier, please? If there's a "Metalface" on Bnet, it does a gigantic amount for good for clearing your name as a smurf, I feel. Nobody would buy a new copy of SC2 or permanently name their character just to hide their name for 1 game of Mafia.


MetalFace.607
North America
I'm the only MetalFace
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 13 2010 01:28 GMT
#920
On October 13 2010 09:53 NB wrote:
Question about the game:
Franky: if he die 1st time, will be be aware about it? will anyone else know that he only has 1 life left? lynching cost him 2 life or 1?

I requires the number of people could have for each roles. What i mean is for Example:
GF = 1
Count = 1
zombie = 0 ->31
Frank = 0 ->31????????????
DTs = 0-31?
...

host, would you like me to pm this to you or you can answer this on the thread?

also about red's roles, could they have more than 1 person for each role? i mean 5 invisible men ect?
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 90
ViBE76
SpeCial 65
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm140
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4741
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 814
shahzam597
JimRising 391
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe208
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King49
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie753
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 17m
Online Event
11h 17m
FEL
16h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.