• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:27
CEST 13:27
KST 20:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8483 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 142 Next
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
October 11 2010 22:44 GMT
#501
On October 12 2010 07:41 aztrorisk wrote:
I would like to announce that I am not accusing ShmotZ anymore unless masq turns out to be innocent. I just looked over ShmotZ and masq and I discovered that both of them can't kill one person. As a result, I am more confident that it is masq than ShmotZ and I would like to repeal everything I said about ShmotZ.

Right now, my two biggest suspicion is Masq and Vendril. Before I switch to Vendril, I would like to wait a while to see how the votes continue to tally and I will change it to Vendril if my votes will make a difference.

However, my current predicament is deciding a player opposing Masq and Vendril (depending on which team they are on) I decided that I do not want to keep my role as the jack-o-latern a secret because I do not want to be responsible for the death of an innocent zombie. I will plant one bomb at either Masq/vendril's house depending on who has the least votes. However, I need to decide on another bomb on one their opposing side's member (so I don't accidentally kill two vampires and make mafia overpowered or the other way around). Since I am the one of the most likely to be murdered by either the vampire or the mafia, I will give you guys a chance to persuade me who I should put my other bomb on. As a result, If I die, you can't blame me and I accidentally killed a zombie, It will not be entirely my fault because you all had the chance to persuade me.

I will not reveal my final conclusion on who I decide to target the second bomb to.

In addition, I will only accept to place the bomb on someone that I think wants masq/vendril out and can be attacked to one of the clues.

bomb masq
lynch vendril
problem solved
ghosts, protect this guy
we have a hero now
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 11 2010 22:44 GMT
#502
On October 12 2010 07:42 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 07:29 Lucktar wrote:
Kind of hilarious how much people try to read into everything that's said here. I suppose it makes sense, it just kinda surprised me. That being said, it seems that until the first night, we don't really have any information to work with. So whether we lynch Masq or Veldril or coag or whoever, it's pretty much a blind guess. Seems that the blues would be pretty reluctant to make any moves toward finding each other/townies yet, but perhaps not. The only people who strike me as having a great deal of incentive to post would be the mafia/vamps, to try to stir the pot and get people jabbing at each other.

My analysis might be way off, but hopefully it's at least somewhat useful. I'm sure somebody will decide that this fingers me as scum, but whatever. They'll probably say that mentioning somebody accusing me is trying to preempt that, too. Oh god, everything I say just makes it worse. Owel, I'm noobie at this, and reading all the paranoid back-and forth is fun.

hows this:
reds have a great deal of incentive not to post, for fear of accidentally giving something away. and if the townies are fighting amongst themselves, all the more reason to not step in. keep in mind that they're here to get rid of each other, not us townies, so talking with the townies in public might give them away to the other team.

also, question for Dr H, but does the witch get notified if their action gets blocked?


The witch has no idea if her curse succeeded in stopping a blue or not, this would make her too powerful as she is then also essentially a weak detective.
RIP Aaliyah
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
October 11 2010 22:44 GMT
#503
you should have waited to d2 to claim, though, but i hope you get protected
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 11 2010 22:44 GMT
#504
On October 12 2010 07:42 MetalFace wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but when/where/how do we vote who to lynch?

You can vote at any time during the day in the Haunted Mafia voting thread.
RIP Aaliyah
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
October 11 2010 22:45 GMT
#505
On October 12 2010 07:42 MetalFace wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but when/where/how do we vote who to lynch?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=159792
boomer hands
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
October 11 2010 22:45 GMT
#506
Having said that of course, there is still a benefit to posting and having a discussion... Obviously the first day isn't null and void... For one thing, it lets the town get a feel for each other!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
October 11 2010 22:47 GMT
#507
Wow... this conversation moves forth really quickly.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
October 11 2010 22:47 GMT
#508
On October 12 2010 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
aztrorisk better switch to veldril or he is a fucking liar and we are going to lynch him due to LAL

LYNCH
ALL
LIARS

LYNCH EVERYONE!
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 11 2010 22:48 GMT
#509
After wading through 8 pages of text, I have come to a conclusion. I am going to vote for either Masq or Veldril.

Gee, how smart am I?
lalala
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
October 11 2010 22:49 GMT
#510
On October 12 2010 07:48 youngminii wrote:
After wading through 8 pages of text, I have come to a conclusion. I am going to vote for either Masq or Veldril.

Gee, how smart am I?

what about me =(
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 11 2010 22:50 GMT
#511
aztrorisk better switch to veldril or he is a fucking liar and we are going to lynch him due to LAL

LYNCH
ALL
LIARS


I will switch to vendril if the vote is like 23 masq - 22 vendril at the end but not if it is 25 masq -21 vendril because my vote wouldn't do anything.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 11 2010 22:52 GMT
#512
On October 12 2010 07:50 aztrorisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
aztrorisk better switch to veldril or he is a fucking liar and we are going to lynch him due to LAL

LYNCH
ALL
LIARS


I will switch to vendril if the vote is like 23 masq - 22 vendril at the end but not if it is 25 masq -21 vendril because my vote wouldn't do anything.

This is what a lot of scum do. Let's say Masq is your teammate. You would vote to save his life (thereby risking yourself) only if your vote actually makes a difference (23-22). If it's 25-21 then your vote wouldn't affect anything and you'd be putting your identity on the line by trying to save scum without actually doing anything.
lalala
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 11 2010 22:52 GMT
#513
you should have waited to d2 to claim, though, but i hope you get protected


does matter, what if I die today and I accidentally bomb 1 innocent person. Then you guys would be talking about how stupid I was for bombing the wrong person the next day and I can't say anything to defend myself. This way, I leave the blame on the person who convinced me the most.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 11 2010 22:53 GMT
#514
This is what a lot of scum do. Let's say Masq is your teammate. You would vote to save his life (thereby risking yourself) only if your vote actually makes a difference (23-22). If it's 25-21 then your vote wouldn't affect anything and you'd be putting your identity on the line by trying to save scum without actually doing anything.


then I suggest you keep the votes up for masq.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
jaminz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States208 Posts
October 11 2010 22:54 GMT
#515
On October 12 2010 07:41 aztrorisk wrote:
I would like to announce that I am not accusing ShmotZ anymore unless masq turns out to be innocent. I just looked over ShmotZ and masq and I discovered that both of them can't kill one person. As a result, I am more confident that it is masq than ShmotZ and I would like to repeal everything I said about ShmotZ.

Right now, my two biggest suspicion is Masq and Vendril. Before I switch to Vendril, I would like to wait a while to see how the votes continue to tally and I will change it to Vendril if my votes will make a difference.

However, my current predicament is deciding a player opposing Masq and Vendril (depending on which team they are on) I decided that I do not want to keep my role as the jack-o-latern a secret because I do not want to be responsible for the death of an innocent zombie. I will plant one bomb at either Masq/vendril's house depending on who has the least votes. However, I need to decide on another bomb on one their opposing side's member (so I don't accidentally kill two vampires and make mafia overpowered or the other way around). Since I am the one of the most likely to be murdered by either the vampire or the mafia, I will give you guys a chance to persuade me who I should put my other bomb on. As a result, If I die, you can't blame me and I accidentally killed a zombie, It will not be entirely my fault because you all had the chance to persuade me.

I will not reveal my final conclusion on who I decide to target the second bomb to.

In addition, I will only accept to place the bomb on someone that I think wants masq/vendril out and can be attacked to one of the clues.


So if you are indeed the jack-o-lantern, we may have a problem. Unless you are protected by a ghost tonight, a witch can just curse you and both your pumpkins won't be placed...if I understand the rules correctly. Now I'm trying to decide whether you knew this, and thus a ghost would HAVE to protect you, ensuring you'd survive for another day or if you just didn't think about it to begin with. Hmmmmmm
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" - The Great Bambino, The Sandlot
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
October 11 2010 22:55 GMT
#516
Lol whoops, I'm not actually playing in this game. My name was on the list at some point... but must have been accidentally removed at some point. Have fun all!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 11 2010 22:56 GMT
#517
He can only place one bomb each night. If I was scum, I'd just kill him straight away. Good work on the roleclaim, buddy.
lalala
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 11 2010 22:57 GMT
#518
On October 12 2010 07:54 jaminz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 07:41 aztrorisk wrote:
I would like to announce that I am not accusing ShmotZ anymore unless masq turns out to be innocent. I just looked over ShmotZ and masq and I discovered that both of them can't kill one person. As a result, I am more confident that it is masq than ShmotZ and I would like to repeal everything I said about ShmotZ.

Right now, my two biggest suspicion is Masq and Vendril. Before I switch to Vendril, I would like to wait a while to see how the votes continue to tally and I will change it to Vendril if my votes will make a difference.

However, my current predicament is deciding a player opposing Masq and Vendril (depending on which team they are on) I decided that I do not want to keep my role as the jack-o-latern a secret because I do not want to be responsible for the death of an innocent zombie. I will plant one bomb at either Masq/vendril's house depending on who has the least votes. However, I need to decide on another bomb on one their opposing side's member (so I don't accidentally kill two vampires and make mafia overpowered or the other way around). Since I am the one of the most likely to be murdered by either the vampire or the mafia, I will give you guys a chance to persuade me who I should put my other bomb on. As a result, If I die, you can't blame me and I accidentally killed a zombie, It will not be entirely my fault because you all had the chance to persuade me.

I will not reveal my final conclusion on who I decide to target the second bomb to.

In addition, I will only accept to place the bomb on someone that I think wants masq/vendril out and can be attacked to one of the clues.


So if you are indeed the jack-o-lantern, we may have a problem. Unless you are protected by a ghost tonight, a witch can just curse you and both your pumpkins won't be placed...if I understand the rules correctly. Now I'm trying to decide whether you knew this, and thus a ghost would HAVE to protect you, ensuring you'd survive for another day or if you just didn't think about it to begin with. Hmmmmmm


The jack o lantern during the night can place ONE bomb and switch ONE bomb. Once his bombs are placed they can not be removed, only switched. I just wanted to clear this up as there has been some confusion as to what exactly the JOL can do.

Ghost haunting does not prevent a witches curse. Ghost haunting only blocks an action that would kill the haunted player, it does not block bombs, role checks, boogeymen, or frames.
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 11 2010 22:57 GMT
#519
WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT DONT YOU REALIZE THAT MASQ COULDNT HAVE BEEN THE JACK O LANTERN BECAUSE CLUES DONT RELATE TO THAT WHY THE FRICK DID YOU CLAIM IS THERE SOME I DONT SEE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
jaminz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States208 Posts
October 11 2010 22:59 GMT
#520
On October 12 2010 07:56 youngminii wrote:
He can only place one bomb each night. If I was scum, I'd just kill him straight away. Good work on the roleclaim, buddy.


The point still stands. If a ghost doesn't protect him tonight and a witch decides to curse him, then his power as a blue is completely wasted. So did he know this and is just trying to guarantee his survival by having a ghost save him? Or did he just overlook this completely.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong" - The Great Bambino, The Sandlot
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 345
Dendi283
Gorgc16
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2302
olofmeister1335
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes296
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh124
Livibee117
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1353
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 33m
Replay Cast
11h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.