• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:34
CEST 18:34
KST 01:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

TL Mafia XXVIII - Page 162

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 193 Next
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
July 30 2010 03:19 GMT
#3221
Lol - I sincerely congratulated panda for playing a good red game. Turns out he was town - I take it all back.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 30 2010 03:19 GMT
#3222
@ BrownBear: There's no need for Vets to claim, I already know who they are (thanks Zeks/lakrismamma), I'll stop town if they're about to be lynched.
lalala
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 30 2010 03:20 GMT
#3223
Also yeah, Pandain, that was pretty terrible play as town. I thought you were playing pretty well as scum...
Oh well.
lalala
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
July 30 2010 04:07 GMT
#3224
On July 30 2010 11:51 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2010 10:54 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Hmm out of the suspects, misder and rastaban both held off of voting for Pandain. Last time Misder said he would be without internet he was gone a long time so I suppose it could be legit. I still think there is a great case for him but it doesn't look like it's going to happen with Pandain's vote invalidated.

Tree.Hugger said he would get caught up but his only post since then was about the same as the post where he said he would get caught up. I know he has been creating live report threads so he has been busy with something. Of course, that something is on this site so you'd think he'd be here more but there is still time for him to come back and he posted only two pages ago. If you have other suspicions about him please recount them.

My vibe on Rastaban is nooby being played with by BC. BC saw that town was circling around the DTs and needed a counter claim and I know he always likes to fake claim through green mouths. Luckily town lynched BC first.

I still think Misder is our best bet, having defended BC and having been defended by BC. He doesn't have to be around to act in the night if someone else on the team is doing night actions. Even if his inactivity excuse is real, it still hurts town since he might not be around to vote. If you are lynching tree.hugger because he is gone, why aren't you lynching Misder, who has been scarce in the past and is promising to be scarcer in the future?

Is this one of them Mutual Chainsaw Defense (TM) things? I remember this being a really easy trap to fall into when playing as mafia even if you are aware of it.

I dunno if BC attacked someone for suspecting Misder; it was more like he got pissed off at someone for suspecting BC because BC wasn't suspecting Misder...
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
July 30 2010 04:08 GMT
#3225
The "he" in the previous post is BC.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 30 2010 04:15 GMT
#3226
On July 30 2010 12:19 youngminii wrote:
@ BrownBear: There's no need for Vets to claim, I already know who they are (thanks Zeks/lakrismamma), I'll stop town if they're about to be lynched.


Ok :D I wasn't sure zeks had told anyone, so I wanted to cover our bases. Since you know, no need to worry about that crap.
SUNSFANNED
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 30 2010 05:46 GMT
#3227
Hahaha yeah I was surprised when Zeks PM'd me covering everything, he even gave me an encrypted name for the DT in case he died. Too bad the DT died :'(
lalala
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
July 30 2010 05:53 GMT
#3228
On July 30 2010 12:19 citi.zen wrote:
Lol - I sincerely congratulated panda for playing a good red game. Turns out he was town - I take it all back.


=( i miss panda, he was fun to read.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 30 2010 06:25 GMT
#3229
On July 30 2010 12:19 citi.zen wrote:
Lol - I sincerely congratulated panda for playing a good red game. Turns out he was town - I take it all back.


Guys, give him a break. It's his first game. All of us didn't play to our fullest potential our first game.
SUNSFANNED
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
July 30 2010 12:11 GMT
#3230
##Vote: tree.hugger
##Vote: Misder


Agreed when saying that Misder's activity level makes it hard to gauge anything. Definitely want to see him post more, so perhaps this will pressure him into doing so.

I'm very unsure about everybody else. Divinek seems legitimate, and has claimed Veteran. Not sure what to do about that at this point. I seriously doubt both rastaban and SouthRawrea would have tried to shank BloodyC0bbler so hard, but WiFOM tells me it could have been a Mafia ploy. Voting tree.hugger as well still because of the stuff he tried to pull early on.

Regardless, really not sure of these votes, and there's not much to go off of now. Will come back later to see if anything new develops.
And so, we find the Sublime.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 30 2010 14:20 GMT
#3231
On July 30 2010 10:21 BrownBear wrote:
I think now would be a good time to say "I told you so", Divinek?



okay next time someone dt checks red we just wont lynch them then if that makes you happy

you can totally push for a wagon on me if that makes you happy as well, ill even vote for myself if you ask me to.. oh wait we cant do that in this game but you get the idea
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 30 2010 14:22 GMT
#3232
On July 30 2010 10:16 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2010 08:27 Divinek wrote:
On July 30 2010 01:33 BrownBear wrote:
Jesus, divinek, let a man defend himself. You're just shouting him down and demanding he must die. That's pretty damn scummy to me.

##Vote Pandain
##Vote: Divinek


why would i let someone who fucking dt checked red defend themselves

it is an unproductive waste of towns time
you look scummy to me bro

i also already claimed vet so if you're voting for me without any evidence that im not a vet you're bad bro



I must have missed that, where did you claim?

Also, no. Under no circumstances should anyone be ignored if they want to defend themselves. Your narrow-mindedness is part of the reason town's doing as poorly as they are, and it's really getting on my nerves.


yeah we should have let BC defend himself for the full 48 hours so he could have swayed your vote off plus others rofl

narrow minded fuck you he checked red, you're getting on my nerves
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
July 30 2010 14:24 GMT
#3233
On July 30 2010 23:22 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2010 10:16 BrownBear wrote:
On July 30 2010 08:27 Divinek wrote:
On July 30 2010 01:33 BrownBear wrote:
Jesus, divinek, let a man defend himself. You're just shouting him down and demanding he must die. That's pretty damn scummy to me.

##Vote Pandain
##Vote: Divinek


why would i let someone who fucking dt checked red defend themselves

it is an unproductive waste of towns time
you look scummy to me bro

i also already claimed vet so if you're voting for me without any evidence that im not a vet you're bad bro



I must have missed that, where did you claim?

Also, no. Under no circumstances should anyone be ignored if they want to defend themselves. Your narrow-mindedness is part of the reason town's doing as poorly as they are, and it's really getting on my nerves.


yeah we should have let BC defend himself for the full 48 hours so he could have swayed your vote off plus others rofl

narrow minded fuck you he checked red, you're getting on my nerves


Sadly he would have succeeded in swaying votes if we let him... again.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 30 2010 16:58 GMT
#3234
Divinek, I don't think we're going to get anywhere by arguing, so I'm just gonna say we agree to disagree.

Your style of play says that if someone checks red they get lynched no matter what. It's a black and white style of play, and it is legitimate.

My style of play says that it's more shades of grey, especially if Millers are in the game. I decided that since Pandain and I had been sharing PMs and talking about things since about Day 2, and I had gotten a very pro-town read off of him, I would trust my instincts and trust that he was miller #2.

Obviously, you think my style of play is stupid, and I think your style of play is narrow-minded. Arguing about it isn't going to get anywhere. Let's just agree that we lynched Pandain, he flipped miller, and now we're moving on.

Before I take my vote off of you, though, please quote your post where you claimed vet. I still didn't see it reading through the last 5 or so pages, and I'm too lazy to read further back
SUNSFANNED
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
July 30 2010 17:15 GMT
#3235
On July 31 2010 01:58 BrownBear wrote:
Divinek, I don't think we're going to get anywhere by arguing, so I'm just gonna say we agree to disagree.

Your style of play says that if someone checks red they get lynched no matter what. It's a black and white style of play, and it is legitimate.

My style of play says that it's more shades of grey, especially if Millers are in the game. I decided that since Pandain and I had been sharing PMs and talking about things since about Day 2, and I had gotten a very pro-town read off of him, I would trust my instincts and trust that he was miller #2.

Obviously, you think my style of play is stupid, and I think your style of play is narrow-minded. Arguing about it isn't going to get anywhere. Let's just agree that we lynched Pandain, he flipped miller, and now we're moving on.

Before I take my vote off of you, though, please quote your post where you claimed vet. I still didn't see it reading through the last 5 or so pages, and I'm too lazy to read further back


It's not stupid, but it's a very dangerous type of play. You can have people like BC or such who can play pro-town ish and make great arguments and in the end sway people's votes away from him even if he is mafia. It's happened several times before in other games where someone will be flipped red, claim miller/insane DT and argue people away from lynching them when they were mafia. People can play anti-town/make bad calls and still be town but appear as mafia. People can play pro-town and still be mafia and appear as town. If you start playing the grey, it gets very very hard to tell if it's a town grey or a mafia grey. The best way, and most heavyhanded way, is to kill anyone who flips red.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 30 2010 17:57 GMT
#3236
On July 31 2010 02:15 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2010 01:58 BrownBear wrote:
Divinek, I don't think we're going to get anywhere by arguing, so I'm just gonna say we agree to disagree.

Your style of play says that if someone checks red they get lynched no matter what. It's a black and white style of play, and it is legitimate.

My style of play says that it's more shades of grey, especially if Millers are in the game. I decided that since Pandain and I had been sharing PMs and talking about things since about Day 2, and I had gotten a very pro-town read off of him, I would trust my instincts and trust that he was miller #2.

Obviously, you think my style of play is stupid, and I think your style of play is narrow-minded. Arguing about it isn't going to get anywhere. Let's just agree that we lynched Pandain, he flipped miller, and now we're moving on.

Before I take my vote off of you, though, please quote your post where you claimed vet. I still didn't see it reading through the last 5 or so pages, and I'm too lazy to read further back


It's not stupid, but it's a very dangerous type of play. You can have people like BC or such who can play pro-town ish and make great arguments and in the end sway people's votes away from him even if he is mafia. It's happened several times before in other games where someone will be flipped red, claim miller/insane DT and argue people away from lynching them when they were mafia. People can play anti-town/make bad calls and still be town but appear as mafia. People can play pro-town and still be mafia and appear as town. If you start playing the grey, it gets very very hard to tell if it's a town grey or a mafia grey. The best way, and most heavyhanded way, is to kill anyone who flips red.


I agree that that's a logical way to play, it's just not the way I choose to play. In most situations, I prefer to make a judgement call. When it was BC on the chopping block, I listened to him, and his arguments nearly convinced me. However, I know how deceptive of a player he is, and I had had no contact with him apart from in the thread, so I made the judgement call to keep my vote on him.

For Pandain, it was different. It's his first game, so I felt more comfortable assuming he wasn't running any major deceptions (not a knock on your skill panda, just the fact that newbies don't tend to run the kind of high-level mindgames BC and Ace do <3). Also, I had a long PM history with him, so I had a lot more information to go on, and I considered him to be very pro-town. Thus, I made the judgement call to trust him.

Am I wrong sometimes? Certainly. Does it bite me in the ass? Of course. However, it's no different from your style of thinking - sometimes it's wrong, sometimes it isn't. In this case, my way of thinking happened to be correct. Of course I could have been wrong and Pandain could have been mafia. However, I think my judgement is usually pretty sound, so I defer to it over just blindly following orders.

If you call that bad play, I seriously question you.
SUNSFANNED
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 30 2010 19:20 GMT
#3237
Actually BB, going against a DT check is bad play no matter how you spin it.

<3 you though.
lalala
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 30 2010 23:38 GMT
#3238
On July 31 2010 04:20 youngminii wrote:
Actually BB, going against a DT check is bad play no matter how you spin it.

<3 you though.


yeah pretty much. You can't be results oriented and go 'wellll he flipped miller' you have to go for the kill because if you dont there will always be doubt in people's mind and that will ALWAYS affect the game and they way they vote/act etc.

so do we even know who the other person who is going to hang is(from double lynch), and doesnt day end in half an hour. i wish i got off work earlier
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 30 2010 23:59 GMT
#3239
I've voted the way I'm want to, so I'm keeping it that way.

I still don't think it's bad play. Guess you all do tho, whatevs :D

<3 you too young ^^
SUNSFANNED
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
July 31 2010 00:40 GMT
#3240
no love for the dead guy. </3
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 193 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 107
BRAT_OK 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4057
Bisu 1695
Soulkey 1434
EffOrt 937
Mini 614
Larva 369
Horang2 351
ZerO 327
actioN 198
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 113
Mind 96
Shinee 91
Sharp 66
hero 65
sorry 61
Snow 44
Barracks 42
Hyun 40
Bale 30
Trap 27
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 21
NaDa 15
Rock 14
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 9
Noble 9
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins311
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3683
x6flipin681
Fnx 648
pashabiceps314
edward38
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1425
hiko934
FrodaN513
B2W.Neo418
XBOCT219
Livibee174
TKL 117
QueenE110
Mew2King51
C9.Mang029
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV690
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 26m
Patches Events
23h 26m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.