• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8824 users

TL Mafia XXVI - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 Next
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
June 14 2010 03:03 GMT
#1521
oh and also getting attacked from behind for LaXer's death.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
June 14 2010 03:04 GMT
#1522
Oh, right, and thanks to flamewheel and BC for hosting!
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 14 2010 03:06 GMT
#1523
+ Show Spoiler [For DarthThienAn] +
[image loading]
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
June 14 2010 03:07 GMT
#1524
On June 14 2010 12:06 flamewheel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [For DarthThienAn] +
[image loading]


This is relevant to my interests.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
June 14 2010 03:08 GMT
#1525
RAWRRRR :D

I've seen that gif before.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
LaXerCannon
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada558 Posts
June 14 2010 03:09 GMT
#1526
Sorry guys for the bad play, I was too hasty in giving DTA my role. After chatting with YI in PMs like a couple mintues after, I realized how much I screwed up.

Thank god for town
Just keep swimming
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 14 2010 03:11 GMT
#1527
Hehe LaXerCannon...
If you're a Bodyguard, never give that information out. Who can it help, even?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
June 14 2010 03:11 GMT
#1528
+ Show Spoiler [For flamewheel] +

[image loading]


rawrr!
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 14 2010 03:14 GMT
#1529
I like Jessica more :<

Also ugh inactivity owned this game. I hate that. People need to be more active in TL Mafia >.>
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
June 14 2010 03:14 GMT
#1530
LaXer, no shame man. I am this game's worst player for trusting darth 100%. Good thing town still won.
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
June 14 2010 03:17 GMT
#1531
On June 14 2010 12:14 LunarDestiny wrote:
LaXer, no shame man. I am this game's worst player for trusting darth 100%. Good thing town still won.


Myself and deconduo (the DT) trusted him entirely as well lol. Played right into his little game when we thought we were making a circle of trust...
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 14 2010 03:18 GMT
#1532
Heh, to be honest I expected him to have both of you killed.
Giving up a Mayor for two DTs and a Medic (littlechava RCed as well) is well worth it, since you're nulling three blue roles plus the power seat for the town. In fact, it would have helped a lot...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
littlechava
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States7221 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-14 03:20:33
June 14 2010 03:19 GMT
#1533
On June 14 2010 12:14 flamewheel wrote:
I like Jessica more :<

Also ugh inactivity owned this game. I hate that. People need to be more active in TL Mafia >.>

Sorry for my inactivity. In the future I'll try signing up for a game without clues - then I won't be able to excuse myself from actually reading/posting as much as I should because I can "fall back on clues" to determine people's alignment.

Though my clue analysis was pretty shitty anyway . Especially about Darth. I had no idea he was connected to the clues, didn't take names into account when scanning profiles.
Entusman #12
MooCow
Profile Joined September 2008
1434 Posts
June 14 2010 03:29 GMT
#1534
Whoa! It's over already?! GJ Townies!
Making history not reliving it.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
June 14 2010 03:35 GMT
#1535
I log on, and... we won?

[image loading]

But seriously, here are my thoughts on the game.

Mafia played very well the first couple of days. Sneaking Darth into the mayoral spot like that was brilliant, I didn't see it coming until much later. Mafia's biggest mistake came from deciding to nail both LaXer and YellowInk night 3. I see where they were coming from, as YellowInk was a dangerous person to keep alive for much longer, but nailing the bodyguard AND the pardoner in one night aroused too many suspicions that the town circle was infiltrated. Plus, the whole "why was YellowInk targeted and not DTA" thing started suspicions on Darth, which I think led to the mafia's downfall.

crate was mafia? The Godfather, no less? I am completely blindsided, he played an excellent game, and he was actually on my excel sheet as LEAST likely to be mafia. Darth played very well too, until that slipup on the last day, where he drew way too much suspicion on him. Sucks that the DTs were apparently clairvoyant (nice job, guys!), and kept his hands tied throughout the second half of the game, but so goes the life of a scum mayor, I suppose.

I am slightly confused as to why mafia conceded. Here's how I see the rest of the game playing out:

2 scum lynched by us, Darth probably cleared in the eyes of the town
crate had absolutely no suspicion on him from what I can tell
The 2 of them should have been able to keep it going for a good long time, maybe being able to make a run at an endgame win (although it would have been hard once it got down to 5-6 people, but hey, they had a decent shot)

Not like I'm complaining that they conceded, but if I had been in their place, I probably would have elected to keep fighting. Plus, the sacrifice-half-your-team ploy would have been just so incredibly badass.

Looking back on the game, here's who I thought was almost positively town:

crate
MTF
DCLXVI
DeuceGladlier
DTA (provided bumatlarge flipped red, which he would have)

And here's who I thought were mafia:

Hugoboss
LunarDestiny
TheGilaBoy
CompX (that would have been a tragedy, lol )

So I was pretty far off, lol. Still, I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Thoughts on my play:

I didn't play as well as I wanted to this game. My reading of the game, and of several people in it, was off. Here's what I'd like to do better myself next game:

BE MORE ACTIVE DAMMIT: I was pretty active Day 1 and 2, but I dropped off a LOT afterwards. This is following a trend I've noticed in my playstyle, so I need to work to keep it together for the long haul. I don't want to make flamewheel cry

Don't trust people who post a ton of great analysis. Example: crate. Dude appeared extremely town-aligned to me when I read over his posts, but only because they were long and substance-filled. I really have to read more carefully into people's voting habits and WHAT they are saying, and look a lot closer to try and catch contradictions.

Above all, DON'T TRUST PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM PAST GAMES JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEM FROM PAST GAMES. (i still <3 you DTA, but you played me like a piano T_T).

That's all for this post. Funtimes coming up in a bit
SUNSFANNED
LaXerCannon
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada558 Posts
June 14 2010 03:38 GMT
#1536
On June 14 2010 12:11 flamewheel wrote:
Hehe LaXerCannon...
If you're a Bodyguard, never give that information out. Who can it help, even?


The problem was that I got scared when people said I was 99% town aligned. I was certain I was going to get hit so I took a gamble and tried to grab some protection. :S
Just keep swimming
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
June 14 2010 03:38 GMT
#1537
the last day / night where we killed YellowInk/LaXer was all for the lulz.

And I've been tired of this game for awhile now T_T. would rather work on my setup. crate was just disgusted by the gameplay level xD.

Yeah I know I played you and LD completely <3.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
June 14 2010 03:44 GMT
#1538
On June 14 2010 12:38 DarthThienAn wrote:
the last day / night where we killed YellowInk/LaXer was all for the lulz.

And I've been tired of this game for awhile now T_T. would rather work on my setup. crate was just disgusted by the gameplay level xD.

Yeah I know I played you and LD completely <3.

I never understood why people implicitly trusted you. I think I commented on that early on how people just "felt" that you were town and went with that. Your posts were quite neutral till day 3.
I can already see the ending
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
June 14 2010 03:48 GMT
#1539
DTA played the town role so well that he forgot he was mafia lol - what a lawful person!

Clutch rolechecks by the DTs.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
June 14 2010 03:48 GMT
#1540
On June 14 2010 12:44 DCLXVI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2010 12:38 DarthThienAn wrote:
the last day / night where we killed YellowInk/LaXer was all for the lulz.

And I've been tired of this game for awhile now T_T. would rather work on my setup. crate was just disgusted by the gameplay level xD.

Yeah I know I played you and LD completely <3.

I never understood why people implicitly trusted you. I think I commented on that early on how people just "felt" that you were town and went with that. Your posts were quite neutral till day 3.


me just so pro town man.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g7421
Coldzera 709
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0285
Sick177
ViBE148
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Rush1026
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.