TL Mafia XXVI
*BloodyC0bbler is helping me co-host this game. Any questions or night actions can be directed towards him or me.
+ Show Spoiler [Game Over!] +
Day 1 Start
Night 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Night 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Night 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night.
If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change)
In the past, many players have complained or quit because of the excessive badmouthing and pointless flaming. If you are posting aggressively and know you couldn't get away with it anywhere else on this site, it
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death. You may have one goodbye post, but it may not contain any potential game-changing information.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be owned. Please do not edit; this is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. Please keep votes there, and only votes. The third post of this thread will contain the vote count.
2. Please vote in the following format, to make it easier for everyone to read: ##Vote Qatol. While the bolding in itself is not necessarily needed, it makes it easier on everybody's eyes. Please bold. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update votes whenever I get the chance.
3. You cannot autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You may vote for yourself if you're crazy. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins (or loses ) over the other person.
6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
7. If you miss a vote or fail to post during one day cycle, you will receive a warning. The next time it happens it results in a modkill.
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. Inactivity is most easily defined as failure to vote. If you do miss a vote, you will be modkilled. Special consideration will be exercised if a player in danger of being modkilled by this manner has been an active contributor in the thread. If something comes up and you know you will miss the vote, PM me in advance about it to let me know and you will be spared. Remember again: abstaining votes are NOT allowed. And once again, flaming is not tolerated. Keep it civil, or else you will receive a quick lightning bolt to the back of the head. Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread per game cycle (from the start of the night to the end of the next day) to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to prevent lurkers.
Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game.
You have been warned.
+ Show Spoiler +
Something burning-hot and life-ending this way comes.
This game is open to all with preference for completely new players, and if the roster can't be filled up then the game will be open to people who have played at most up to two other TL mafia games. Signups will close once the targeted 30 people have been reached.
This signup is posted in the general forum, but after signups are done the thread and game shall be moved to the TL Mafia forum, which is a forum that you must have access to to enter. Normally, you would get access by posting in the TL Mafia Access Request forum, but please do not do so in this case. After signups are complete, I will send Plexa a list of people that will need access.
Every day post will tell a story describing the deaths of your murdered neighbors. These stories will leave behind clues pointing towards the mafia members. Clues can be taken from anywhere, so long as I see it relating to the person they are intended for. This means names, sigs, profiles, things related to names, etc.
Important (read): For this game, please put information in your profile so that if you are chosen as mafia, we will have stuff to write clues for you. Please include, if you have not already done so, a profile photo, a signature, and information in your "public profile." I will only accept you if you have all the following information in your profile when you register to sign up. However, please not that after the game starts, you may not edit your information in any way. I will be taking screenshots and if I catch you editing your profile at all modkills will fly through the sky at the speed of lightning.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case BloodyC0bbler or myself will not be there, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the tentative time deadline is 02:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change.
I would ask that potential candidates do NOT begin their campaigns before the game starts. I believe doing so interferes with the atmosphere of the game and provides a level of sincerity that should not be part of the game. With this in mind, I would ask the voters not to consider running before the game begins as a perk to a player's candidacy.
Chuiu, Ace, Tracil, Caller, BloodyC0bbler, Qatol, Ver, LTT, Plexa, Pyrrhuloxia, Incognito, Zona, and Bill Murray for taking the time to run mafia games for us.
The balance crew (you know who you are) for helping us to make this setup reasonably balanced.
If you have not read all the rules, please go back and do so. I do not compensate for ignorance!
Please, please have your profile filled out (signature, profile picture, and public text) before signing up as well.