• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10099 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 180 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 00:35 GMT
#1501
So Coagulation has come up with an idea that people can do some sort of service to the mafia forum as an alternative to sitting out games as a punishment (people can choose which punishment they would like, with the assumption being that they choose to sit out games unless they say otherwise). Flamewheel and I like the idea, but we are having trouble thinking of things people can do.

Coagulation suggested writing guides based upon the games. However, that only helps us if the guides are actually useful. This requires the player be good enough to explain what players should be looking at, and someone has to look at the guide and recognize that it is good.

So I'm wondering if there is anything else someone can do which would be equivalent to sitting out a game?

Flamewheel and I think this should only apply for inactivity bans and not disciplinary bans because of how problematic disciplinary bans tend to be.
Uff Da
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 10 2011 00:43 GMT
#1502
Chaoser probably would be better with specifics, but maybe some help updating the library? Reading through old games and providing a summary or game recap might be useful to the community and maybe they can get something out of it in the process.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 10 2011 00:44 GMT
#1503
I have the perfect solution. As de facto moderator of the mafia banlist I have decided to go drunk with power. I will remove 1 ban for every 3 months in which you let me own your signature. I will only take bids through PM's and I will only accept the top 3 bidders.

If you only have a 1 game ban and you give me 5 years of your signature I will use my god-like powers to credit you 19 game bans into the future, so that you can spam away, post in all caps and run amuck with your 19 lives.

It's kind of like mafia forum community service, except it's RoL service.

I am officially open for bids starting at 1AM EST.

Spread my message minions.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 10 2011 01:02 GMT
#1504
One thing I'd suggest is coaching for a game, but this would also allow that game to instantly count towards your game total. Meaning, you agree to coach in a game, and then it counts instantly towards your banned game total. If this isn't enough, you could also make it worth two games or something, because you're sitting it out, and also coaching. In order to makes sure they're actually coaching, you could also anonymously or randomly select players to purposely ask for coaching in order to evaluate the person and make sure they're not just ignoring people. If that doesn't work, you could also ask people who plan on asking for coaching to PM the host on a volunteer basis. This is just to make sure the banned person doesn't shrug off their duties or not read the game, because it all takes place in PM, and will be hard to keep track of otherwise.
you gotta dance
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 01:58 GMT
#1505
There is also a problem with Coagulation's sit out. Before he was modkilled in XXXVIII, he joined Sleeper Cell Mafia as a replacement. After his ban, he said
On April 16 2011 05:48 Coagulation wrote:
Take me off replacements im gonna need to /out this.

in the Sleeper Cell game. (He has since edited the post slightly, so it looks slightly different in that thread now.)

As you can see, he asked me to take him off the list on the last page. However, that post I just linked was his only post to sit out the game. He did not post here and he did not send me any PMs about the game.

This was the rule posted on the OP when all this happened:
Not playing in a game is not the same as sitting it out.

To sit out a game, you must do one of two things during the signups of that game (assuming you are not currently sitting out a different game and the game in which you were banned has finished):
1. (Preferable) Send me a PM saying you are sitting out that game.
2. Post here that you are sitting out that game.

I have since added (so do not consider):
If you cannot point me to a post or PM clearly stating "I am sitting out XYZ Mafia," you are not sitting out that game.

So there are 2 problems with what Coagulation did:
1. He didn't post his sitout attempt in this thread or via PM to me (this rule is mostly a convenience to me because I don't like playing hide and seek with sitouts).

2. He didn't actually say he was sitting out the game. He just /outed.

Coagulation claims that he was /in as a replacement because he thought it was more likely he would get a blue/red role as a replacement rather than joining normally. Then he says he /outed to sit out his ban.

However, think about this from the perspective of a person who is busy but expects that they might have some free time after the game starts. They might sign up as a replacement. Then they find out that they will be busier than expected. They might /out. Coagulation's posts would 100% make sense for this. Just looking at his post, I have no reason to think he is sitting this game out.

Flamewheel and I don't see any reason to cut Coagulation slack on this. He didn't follow the rules. Also, this would set a precedent for my busy person to be able to retroactively get out of a ban.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
May 10 2011 02:09 GMT
#1506
Oh yeah well then answer me this. If i didnt /out that game with the intention of sitting out my ban why wouldnt i have outed TL Mafia XXXIX.

Think about it.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 02:13:40
May 10 2011 02:11 GMT
#1507
On April 16 2011 05:14 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 12:25 BrownBear wrote:
On April 14 2011 11:14 Coagulation wrote:
Hey flamewheel why you such a fucking lier?


Also, consider this your last warning. Any more personal attacks like this will result in modkill.


Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 15:33 Coagulation wrote:
SO YOU NEW PEOPLE HAVING FUN YET?


This entire page.


Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 11:19 Coagulation wrote:
No hes trying to not let town Mislynch but you guys are too fucking sheep to realize it.


So, yeah, enough is enough.

[image loading]

Coagulation The Mafia Godfather has been modkilled.


My only quibble with that is that he /outed a half hour after being mod-killed in XXXVIII, looking at the time-stamps. So, it seems more likely that the /out was prompted by the mod-kill than by any availability changes. No one knew his punishment then, but he would have to sit out games regardless, so it just depends on if the /out is good enough.
you gotta dance
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
May 10 2011 02:17 GMT
#1508
On May 10 2011 11:09 Coagulation wrote:
Oh yeah well then answer me this. If i didnt /out that game with the intention of sitting out my ban why wouldnt i have outed TL Mafia XXXIX.

Think about it.


and dont tell me it was cause i wasnt around because im coaching in that game.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 02:29 GMT
#1509
On May 10 2011 09:43 kitaman27 wrote:
Chaoser probably would be better with specifics, but maybe some help updating the library? Reading through old games and providing a summary or game recap might be useful to the community and maybe they can get something out of it in the process.


I would love help with the library. I just finished finals and am ready to spent more time on it and would love any help I can get. Old games need to be summarized, just like read through say what happened in the game and so on, no analysis. I also need role lists for some games that never publicized it.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 02:45:41
May 10 2011 02:44 GMT
#1510
On May 10 2011 11:17 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 11:09 Coagulation wrote:
Oh yeah well then answer me this. If i didnt /out that game with the intention of sitting out my ban why wouldnt i have outed TL Mafia XXXIX.

Think about it.


and dont tell me it was cause i wasnt around because im coaching in that game.

That's fine. However, you aren't addressing whether what you posted is good enough. Imagine someone else who posted exactly what you posted. Is that enough?

On May 10 2011 11:29 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 09:43 kitaman27 wrote:
Chaoser probably would be better with specifics, but maybe some help updating the library? Reading through old games and providing a summary or game recap might be useful to the community and maybe they can get something out of it in the process.


I would love help with the library. I just finished finals and am ready to spent more time on it and would love any help I can get. Old games need to be summarized, just like read through say what happened in the game and so on, no analysis. I also need role lists for some games that never publicized it.

How much work is it per game? I want this to be a significant amount of work otherwise bans become meaningless.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 02:49:35
May 10 2011 02:49 GMT
#1511
Im sorry i forgot to add the Word "SIT" in my post when i was sitting out my ban.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 02:56 GMT
#1512
On May 10 2011 11:44 Qatol wrote:
How much work is it per game? I want this to be a significant amount of work otherwise bans become meaningless.


Well the person would have to read through all the posts and days, finding the most important storyline of that day and also talk about, in a pretty simple way, why mafia killed so and so and why town is pushing this lynch or so. I'll do a few myself first to get a feel for it and probably write up a set way to do it.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 02:59:55
May 10 2011 02:58 GMT
#1513
i posted that i was "sitting out" my ban in sleeper. dont try to act like my sleeper sitout didnt count.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216644&currentpage=4#70
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 03:18 GMT
#1514
On May 10 2011 11:56 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 11:44 Qatol wrote:
How much work is it per game? I want this to be a significant amount of work otherwise bans become meaningless.


Well the person would have to read through all the posts and days, finding the most important storyline of that day and also talk about, in a pretty simple way, why mafia killed so and so and why town is pushing this lynch or so. I'll do a few myself first to get a feel for it and probably write up a set way to do it.

This sounds good. Let me know if you need any help, and let me know when you have it the way you want it.
Uff Da
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 03:29:05
May 10 2011 03:26 GMT
#1515
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 10 2011 03:32 GMT
#1516
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.


NOOOOO GGQ!

;_;

You better come back as promised. gl with whatever it is thats going to be taking up your time.
Moderator
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 10 2011 03:40 GMT
#1517
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.

gl in all your endeavors, I hope to see you when you return.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 03:43:50
May 10 2011 03:42 GMT
#1518
On May 10 2011 11:58 Coagulation wrote:
i posted that i was "sitting out" my ban in sleeper. dont try to act like my sleeper sitout didnt count.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216644&currentpage=4#70

1. It still wasn't here or via PM to me like the OP says to do.
2. This is still about a long-standing policy. I want to know if the post you made where you made it is acceptable to people.

On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.

Good luck with life. Thanks for being such a nice/good player.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 03:50:26
May 10 2011 03:45 GMT
#1519
Qatol I would like you to remove me from the ban list. I indicated proof that i was intending to sit out sleeper cell mafia for my ban. If thats not enough you have also taken the time to discuss it with me before i had given you my proof that i was intending to sitout sleeper cell for my ban list and verified that i was in fact intending to sitout sleeper cell for my ban.
If you are persuing me being banned still on the technicality that i forgot to post "Sit" in the sleeper cell thread to designate that it was my ban then I dont know what to tell you. You want to punish me for making a mistake in protocol?

To answer your question. If someone doesnt designate they are sitting out a game with a "sit" in thread they should have to give some evidence to backup that they intended to sit out the game. much like i have provided.

I think if you used a little common sense there wouldnt even need to be a discussion.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 03:51 GMT
#1520
I mean, coag said he was sitting out in game thread, just not here, he didn't even play in XXXIX. I say take him off the list.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1404
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 277
MaxPax 126
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65479
Calm 3741
Shuttle 3116
Bisu 1879
FanTaSy 1612
EffOrt 396
Stork 358
Soma 294
Mini 293
firebathero 290
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 271
Rush 234
Light 233
ZerO 177
Soulkey 150
Last 133
Snow 129
Zeus 123
actioN 121
Barracks 107
Killer 79
Dewaltoss 64
hero 61
Sea.KH 61
Mong 54
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
Bale 38
Shinee 38
Free 33
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 32
sorry 27
Yoon 26
PianO 26
Shine 24
Sharp 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 17
zelot 15
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6106
Dendi754
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
kRYSTAL_270
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko434
Other Games
gofns38990
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko412
crisheroes289
DeMusliM232
byalli195
Livibee161
Hui .136
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX78
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 48m
Replay Cast
9h 33m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.