• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:02
CEST 03:02
KST 10:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9180 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 180 Next
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 10 2011 04:02 GMT
#1521
I say taking Coag off the ban list is the right move here. He made his intent to sit out Sleeper mafia clear it seems, so I don't see the reason for any conflict besides a bureaucratic mistake in not posting in this thread.

As it is, he hasn't played in Sleeper, and has coached in XXXIX instead of playing because Sleeper was not finished when XXXIX began. This all appears in line with someone waiting for a game to end so that they can be taken off the ban list. I feel it would be unfair to make him sit out PYP as well, when he has shown that he /outed Sleeper Cell, meant it to be his sit-out game, and acted completely in accordance with that.

Maybe we can add the rule for sitting out games and having to post in this thread and/or PM yourself to the game OP template with the modkill section so that it is made clear when someone reads the OP what they must do to sit out a game.
you gotta dance
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 04:04 GMT
#1522
On May 10 2011 13:02 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Maybe we can add the rule for sitting out games and having to post in this thread and/or PM yourself to the game OP template with the modkill section so that it is made clear when someone reads the OP what they must do to sit out a game.

I thought this was already pretty clear. How would you rephrase it?
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
May 10 2011 04:06 GMT
#1523
hes talking about in games.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 10 2011 04:07 GMT
#1524
I just meant add it to the OP in games, so that when people go to write /sitout in a thread, and read the OP, they'll see that they have to post here as well, or PM yourself.
you gotta dance
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 04:09 GMT
#1525
Yeah, I thought this is a bureaucratic mistake more than anything else. I co-hosted sleeper and I thought he was sitting it out by his post in the thread and I took it as such. Dunno how iGrok feels
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 04:11 GMT
#1526
So you want the OP to be longer? Could you post a proposed change in the model OP thread?

Also, considering the posts I'm seeing (and Coag's post in XXXIX which I did not know about until he just posted it), I'll take him off. Does anyone have a problem with me being strict about this in the future though? (with the following change to the OP - "If you cannot point me to a post or PM clearly stating "I am sitting out XYZ Mafia," you are not sitting out that game."). This should show that it is a hassle to play hide and seek through 3 threads to figure out where Coag said he was sitting out a game.
Uff Da
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
May 10 2011 04:21 GMT
#1527
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.

Aww I <3 U :D. I'll alway remember you for saving me in HP . Good times... well gl with rl man.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 10 2011 04:44 GMT
#1528
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.

later GGQ, gl with your shit man
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
May 10 2011 04:44 GMT
#1529
yeah Coag should definitely be taken off the list. But at the same time, for the future every ban/sit request should be posted in this thread.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 04:46 GMT
#1530
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.


I LOVES YOU GGQ! GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SHIT!
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 10 2011 04:50 GMT
#1531
On May 10 2011 12:26 GGQ wrote:
Alright, it's been a slice guys, but I'm out. With my new schedule I just can't play enough to actually be effective and enjoy the game. I might be back sometime, but it'll be a few months at least. Thanks for the good times, keep sleuthing.

Oh, I'll be sticking around to finish Survivor, of course. I intend to win that game ^^.


Well good luck, and looking forward to seeing you again soon!
you gotta dance
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 10 2011 05:14 GMT
#1532
Qatol, how about BC helps me with posting up the rolelist and day/night posts for the next four/five games in the Library and you clear his ban so that he can play in PYP insane? It takes about an hour and a half for two games, especially given that some of the earlier games sometimes didn't post rolelists or the day/night posts weren't referenced very well.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
May 10 2011 05:16 GMT
#1533
On May 10 2011 10:02 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
One thing I'd suggest is coaching for a game, but this would also allow that game to instantly count towards your game total. Meaning, you agree to coach in a game, and then it counts instantly towards your banned game total. If this isn't enough, you could also make it worth two games or something, because you're sitting it out, and also coaching. In order to makes sure they're actually coaching, you could also anonymously or randomly select players to purposely ask for coaching in order to evaluate the person and make sure they're not just ignoring people. If that doesn't work, you could also ask people who plan on asking for coaching to PM the host on a volunteer basis. This is just to make sure the banned person doesn't shrug off their duties or not read the game, because it all takes place in PM, and will be hard to keep track of otherwise.


This. And retroactively, so that BC can play in PYPI. I can vouch for his active coaching in the past.

This would help with the vet problem where active vets are on the ban list.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
May 10 2011 05:25 GMT
#1534
On May 10 2011 14:14 chaoser wrote:
Qatol, how about BC helps me with posting up the rolelist and day/night posts for the next four/five games in the Library and you clear his ban so that he can play in PYP insane? It takes about an hour and a half for two games, especially given that some of the earlier games sometimes didn't post rolelists or the day/night posts weren't referenced very well.

I was under the impression BC was gone? Has this changed? He needs to PM me if it has.
Uff Da
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
May 10 2011 05:43 GMT
#1535
Omg GGQ quit whinning and just sign up for a game when you feel like you have time again, don't go all hankerchief on us (besides Imma win survivor!)

<3
Bartundar
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 10 2011 20:45 GMT
#1536
I was just thinking, what about replacements? If there is need for one, wouldn't there be a no risk policy with that as well? If someone is banned or in another game, there is generally nothing to lose signing in anyone if a modkill is in order. Perhaps certain players can offer it privately to the host, and if they accept and the situation arises, the host can ask the players if putting in that particular person is alright or if they would rather a modkill instead.

just thinkin out loud
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 10 2011 21:15 GMT
#1537
Adding to the other ways to remove bans concept, I think you could possibly accept hosting as a way to remove games. Of course, this would only apply to players already eligible to host, and possibly who already have experience hosting, and then hosting a game could count for ~two games, because it is essentially sitting out, with the extra effort of running the game.
you gotta dance
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
May 10 2011 21:30 GMT
#1538
The only problem I have with that is that someone who goes inactive in game is liable to go inactive while hosting.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
May 10 2011 22:03 GMT
#1539
Sitting out PYP Insane because I was not allowed to sit out XXXIX.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 22:19:01
May 10 2011 22:11 GMT
#1540
On May 11 2011 07:03 Rean wrote:
Sitting out PYP Insane because I was not allowed to sit out XXXIX.

Sure. Updated.

On May 11 2011 06:15 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Adding to the other ways to remove bans concept, I think you could possibly accept hosting as a way to remove games. Of course, this would only apply to players already eligible to host, and possibly who already have experience hosting, and then hosting a game could count for ~two games, because it is essentially sitting out, with the extra effort of running the game.

I had thought about this in the past, but rejected it because normally it takes longer to host a game than to just sit out one (on average, it takes about 3 weeks of thinking/talking to make the OP before the game is even created, more if the setup is goofy). I like that it forces people to look at the game from a host's perspective and understand how frustrating it is to have a player do something to get themselves modkilled.

How big of games are you thinking about? Also, I agree with Meapak's concern about these hosts going inactive. We don't want another Sengoku Mafia.
Uff Da
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE161
SpeCial 123
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever570
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 304
Other Games
summit1g5918
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0347
ToD97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 40
• davetesta26
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra919
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.