• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6269 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 75

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 180 Next
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-05 09:28:16
May 05 2011 09:27 GMT
#1481
On May 04 2011 04:49 Qatol wrote:
After discussing things with people on IRC, I am going to switch youngminii's sit out game from Survivor to Sleeper Cell because Survivor is looking like it will last an extremely long amount of time (to the point where it seems unfair to make him wait for it to finish).

THANK GOD
lalala
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-05 09:28:09
May 05 2011 09:27 GMT
#1482
lol double post
lalala
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 04:28:15
May 06 2011 04:18 GMT
#1483
Ok, so basically what happened is that Zorkmid rage quit from the game cause sandroba (who is mafia) tunneled/put a lot of pressure on him. He just said "/out" in the thread and didn't even PM me or iGrok. I PMed him and asked him if he wanted a replacement or what? And he's like yeah, and after a few exchanges he said TL Mafia wasn't for him

I don't mind aggression, it's blind stupid aggression. Get it constantly from Sandroba, not havin any fun.

yea im out

I'll stick to mafiascum.net


He then signed up for Node's XXXIX game a day after his rage quit and proclaimed leave for MS. When I, and a few other players, pointed out that it's kinda fucked up that he left one game and went to sign up for another he says he'll out and asked a TL admin to revoke his right to view the mafia forum and said he was 100% going to MS.

At this point bum had replaced Zorkmid in the Sleeper game and Zorkmid contacted bum and basically said/slipped that sandroba was mafia and tried to pressure bum to use his DT check on him that night when bum stated that he was going to check Jackal.

Zorkmid then signed up for Node's game AGAIN and posted in the Sleeper Cell Thread that bum wasn't the CL and hinted that Ace was lying and he was the Cell Leader.

At this point I PM-ed him to edit and stop posting in the game thread and his excuse was "I didn't know I couldn't say stuff after I left the game" even though if he had an ounce of common sense he should have known this, especially since he knew the roles.

I proceed to ask Hot_Bid to ban him to prevent him from ruining the game any further.

From bum:

And about sandroba... I sent igrok a message explaining everything but I tried to just ignore zorkmid's stuff. I had a red read on sandroba, but nothing strong. Zorkmid messaged me telling me to check him. I told him that was a decent check, but I was going for jackal. He then told me he had a conversation with sandroba, and leaked he was scum. I froze my thoughts on sandroba, but I felt it would be unfair to town if I didn't give them what I had mustered before zork's message.

Yeah, the guy is a d-bag, but hopefully I didn't royally fuck up anything.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 04:28:37
May 06 2011 04:21 GMT
#1484
Also he PMed me this right after ragequitting in sleeper cell, but before posting his "if I was cl why would I quit" post

Original Message From Zorkmid:
ill stick to mafiascum.net

Show nested quote +
Original Message From GMarshal:
Thats actually not within my power, if you want to be unaccessed you need to PM Plexa and request that.

That said, it saddens me that you are leaving us, I thought you had a lot of potential, and seeing a mafia player leave like this is always sad.

Best of luck
~GMarshal

Original Message From Zorkmid:
Can I be, "un-accessed" from Mafia forums plz?

Original Message From GMarshal:
You have been granted access to the mafia forums, congrats!

Unfortunaley it turns out that Mafia XXXVIII is full, so instead I invite you to participate in a mini version of it that is ideal for a new player to get his feet wet

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211489

is the url. Just post /in in the thread if you are interested

~GMarshal


EDIT: iirc someone also told me that he originally did not post about not being the CL and then edited his post to say that at a later point.
Moderator
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
May 06 2011 07:42 GMT
#1485
On May 06 2011 13:21 GMarshal wrote:

EDIT: iirc someone also told me that he originally did not post about not being the CL and then edited his post to say that at a later point.


I can vouch that this is true. The original post was only a quote from someone else, which is why I did not instantly demand a ban for him. He then went back and started talking about the CL bullshit.
I would like t orequest a permanent ban for him, for all the bullshit he's caused lately, intentionally ruining games & his attitude in general.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
May 06 2011 15:30 GMT
#1486
On May 05 2011 09:23 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 12:22 Qatol wrote:
Time based bans aren't going to happen for 2 reasons:
1. I'm not keeping track of that. At least with game-based bans, I only have to take people off the ban list when games end. I'm not checking the ban list every day to see which players I have to take off. That's too much work. For the same reason, I don't like jaminiz's suggestion.


That's the thing though. They get banned and you put a date on it. The date passes and they're no longer banned. Much less work for you actually.


The problem with that is that they could be given a ban during a time where there's not even any games starting, making the ban useless.


On May 04 2011 12:43 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
My only objection to this system, is it seems that if you get a 1 game ban, you aren't being punished very much if you can just sit-out one game, and play in another at the same time. Sure, if you were planning on playing in both it's a bit of a punishment, but it seems like the severity of it is greatly lessened because you don't really get banned from playing at all. That will only come once you get your second ban for 3 games.

Also, would this allow sitting out multiple games at the same time? The maximum would be two, because that's the amount of games you can play in at once. I feel this would help with bans after the first for members who are active and want to play, but have to sit out three game and higher bans.



That's the main point I want to discuss here: would people want 3/5/higher game bans to be able to sit out two at a time, or do we feel like that's to light a punishment for a repeat offender?

Possibly you could even make a rule where people that have played over 10 clean games (no modkills/anything) would be allowed to sit out two games at once, to slightly lower the punishment for veterans?

As for the part where one game bans become much less severe: that's the intention.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 06 2011 15:43 GMT
#1487
Wow, I'm very dissapointed at zorkmid's behaviour. At first I felt really bad about his rage quit, because he was so sure I was town and blindly tunneling him, so I pm'ed chaoser and he said I could msg him explaining the sittuation as soon as he got subbed out of the game. So I sent him a msg so he can feel better and he proceeds to try to ruin the game. Not very nice.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 06 2011 15:45 GMT
#1488
from what I have read I am fine with the semi perm list on zorkmid. Thanks for the explanation.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
May 06 2011 15:53 GMT
#1489
Also, thank you bum for being so mannered, you handled the situation in the best way possible. Props to you man.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 06 2011 18:25 GMT
#1490
On May 07 2011 00:30 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2011 09:23 Jackal58 wrote:
On May 04 2011 12:22 Qatol wrote:
Time based bans aren't going to happen for 2 reasons:
1. I'm not keeping track of that. At least with game-based bans, I only have to take people off the ban list when games end. I'm not checking the ban list every day to see which players I have to take off. That's too much work. For the same reason, I don't like jaminiz's suggestion.


That's the thing though. They get banned and you put a date on it. The date passes and they're no longer banned. Much less work for you actually.


The problem with that is that they could be given a ban during a time where there's not even any games starting, making the ban useless.


Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 12:43 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
My only objection to this system, is it seems that if you get a 1 game ban, you aren't being punished very much if you can just sit-out one game, and play in another at the same time. Sure, if you were planning on playing in both it's a bit of a punishment, but it seems like the severity of it is greatly lessened because you don't really get banned from playing at all. That will only come once you get your second ban for 3 games.

Also, would this allow sitting out multiple games at the same time? The maximum would be two, because that's the amount of games you can play in at once. I feel this would help with bans after the first for members who are active and want to play, but have to sit out three game and higher bans.



That's the main point I want to discuss here: would people want 3/5/higher game bans to be able to sit out two at a time, or do we feel like that's to light a punishment for a repeat offender?

Possibly you could even make a rule where people that have played over 10 clean games (no modkills/anything) would be allowed to sit out two games at once, to slightly lower the punishment for veterans?

As for the part where one game bans become much less severe: that's the intention.


But it seems to me that it doesn't just make it less severe, it makes it inconsequential. That's my only problem. If you get people who can just hop in a different game after they die, I think that we're going to get a lot more repeat offenders. For example, what happens when someone gets their first ban, sits out a game, joins another right away, and then gets modkilled there before their first sit-out is even over? This probably wouldn't happen with the older players, but I think it could be a problem with newer ones, because they won't learn anything from being modkilled the first time, and will go and do it again right away.
you gotta dance
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 06 2011 19:56 GMT
#1491
On May 07 2011 00:53 sandroba wrote:
Also, thank you bum for being so mannered, you handled the situation in the best way possible. Props to you man.


Well it seems for every iffy player we come across, a shining star emerges with them. If you've learned anything about Ace, he doesn't throw compliments easily. I think you should take that to heart and use that experience to your advantage. You're a very good player and I hope to play with you again.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 09 2011 01:17 GMT
#1492
Just to get my ban's cleared for some later point in time.

Sitting out pick your power insane.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 03:23:17
May 09 2011 03:23 GMT
#1493
irish_punk13, beneather, lyter, and takuna were all modkilled in Team Liquid Mafia XXXIX and need das bans.

As far as I know this is everyone's first modkill except for Beneather.
whole lies with a half smile
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 09 2011 04:01 GMT
#1494
Aw BC, you can't be in PYPI to make sure I dont make a bad fakeclaim again?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 09 2011 04:11 GMT
#1495
On May 09 2011 13:01 bumatlarge wrote:
Aw BC, you can't be in PYPI to make sure I dont make a bad fakeclaim again?


Sadly no
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 15:12:08
May 09 2011 15:11 GMT
#1496
A few things:
Zorkmid
Thanks to chaoser for summarizing what happened in Sleeper Cell. The only thing I would like to add is that he was warned to be on his best behavior for RoL's experiment game, but he still pulled this. Regardless, he's on the semi-permanent list for now, but if he wants to come back, he can post here and we can discuss what to do then.

Punishment change
I haven't seen enough discussion of this to really feel comfortable with changing the system yet.
Rean wants a system where people can play in a game while sitting out another if that other game is the last game of their punishment.

Jackal wants a ban system based upon time. Kenpachi and jaminiz talked about potential sentence lengths. I still think this system will result in too much work for me and it doesn't punish the players who only play every now and then.

Mr. Wiggles is concerned about allowing people to play in games while they are still sitting out other games. I am inclined to agree with this. Beneather's situation (see bans below) confused me, but I think this is how it should work out, even though he was modkilled in XXXIX before Sleeper Cell ended. However, it took too much thought.

Misc sitting out
Should be updated. Let me know if I forgot anything

Bans
With the end of Sleeper Cell Mafia, Beneather and youngminii were removed from the ban list. Beneather then gets a 3 game ban for being modkilled in XXXIX. irish, lyter, and takuna get 1 game bans.
Uff Da
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 09 2011 15:15 GMT
#1497
Oh, oops, I think we didn't realize Beneather was on the ban list when we let him into XXXIX or he would not have been allowed to play, sorry about that, I should have double checked -__-
Moderator
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
May 09 2011 17:38 GMT
#1498
i sat out sleeper cell and its over. take me off.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
May 09 2011 17:40 GMT
#1499
On May 10 2011 02:38 Coagulation wrote:
i sat out sleeper cell and its over. take me off.


how very polite lol
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 09 2011 21:43 GMT
#1500
What were you expecting?
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 179
ProTech120
ViBE113
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15480
Rain 1540
GuemChi 900
Artosis 700
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever459
Counter-Strike
taco 65
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox844
Mew2King90
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 489
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta23
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra575
• Shiphtur389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 55m
INu's Battles
9h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 55m
OSC
21h 10m
Replay Cast
21h 55m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.