• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:07
CEST 20:07
KST 03:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 180 Next
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 15 2011 21:51 GMT
#1161
No, because what if I don't like you coag? Then I can just vote against giving you any sort of reprieve even if you are a "vet" so to speak. And if we leave it the way your suggesting a host just has to choose not to ban anyone who is a vet which is stupid. Inactive SHOULD be punished, but there should also be leeway.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 15 2011 22:22 GMT
#1162
I don't even understand what there is to discuss. The hosts asked for a ban. Veteran, reasonable, hosts, who contribute a lot to this forum. Just deal with it, it's not that hard to sit out a game. Repeatedly triple posting in this thread without making a serious argument is not the way to go.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 15 2011 22:37 GMT
#1163
Well, Citizen I am not arguing this because I want coagulation in a game. I have just always thought this and figured I would finally bring it up around now. For example I have had a warning for like a year now. So if I ever get mod killed I can't play in 2 games. Which is stupid considering how active I have been a year. With time some mistakes should be forgiven which is all this idea is offering.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
March 15 2011 23:01 GMT
#1164
I'll vote warning for all people involved with Diplomacy too, if only because having that many people on the banlist really hobbles the next few games (and especially since I'll be running a 40-man setup, having as many people as possible would be very helpeful).
SUNSFANNED
PsYchOFisH
Profile Joined July 2009
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 23:39:47
March 15 2011 23:36 GMT
#1165
On March 16 2011 08:01 BrownBear wrote:
I'll vote warning for all people involved with Diplomacy too, if only because having that many people on the banlist really hobbles the next few games (and especially since I'll be running a 40-man setup, having as many people as possible would be very helpeful).

Why is this even a concern? They were inactive. They got modkilled for it. It shouldn't matter if it is 1 or 10 people, you can't change the rule just because you are worried about having people in your game.

On March 16 2011 07:37 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Well, Citizen I am not arguing this because I want coagulation in a game. I have just always thought this and figured I would finally bring it up around now. For example I have had a warning for like a year now. So if I ever get mod killed I can't play in 2 games. Which is stupid considering how active I have been a year. With time some mistakes should be forgiven which is all this idea is offering.

You exaggerate. It hasn't even been 9 months yet. And what has your warning done to you during that time? Nothing at all! I'd be okay with removing warnings after a year or something, but I don't really think this is a problem right now.
aka Qatol
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 15 2011 23:52 GMT
#1166
Why is this even a discussion anymore?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 15 2011 23:53 GMT
#1167
haterrrr
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 00:36:46
March 16 2011 00:04 GMT
#1168
As long as the punishment is the same for everyone, I'm fine with deferring to the host on this (for diplomacy).

I want to bring up some other things from rol's game: players who just skirted the inactivity threshold, almost deliberately.

ohn:

Made 11 posts in 5 game cycles... Also did not post from:

February 28 2011 09:35. to
March 03 2011 11:43.

If he was way more active overall I wouldn't care if he missed 3 days completely but 11 posts in 5 game cycles says it all. His history is frankly awful too. He's pulled this at least twice before, getting modkilled both times and having like <5 posts the entire game as town and as mafia. TBH I have no idea why he even plays but it's frustrating having him in the game.

Also can we have an overall increase in inactivity restrictions. I thought Ace had the right idea with 1 post every 24 hours and mandatory voting, but with some leeway if you are an active contributor. I mean no need to modkill someone who misses 24 hours because of something external but has made a hundred substantial posts, but I don't see any reason to allow these dumb lurkers of just sitting there with 1 post a day or whatever.

Lastly, can we remove the ability to abstain and vote for yourself. This not only prevents the dumb lurking garbage but it also forces people to actually take a stance/have an opinion. I don't think anyone enjoys sorting through lurkers or seeing LD vote himself 4/6 days and post nothing else, or Jbright trying to get himself killed when he's green.
Liquipedia
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 16 2011 00:07 GMT
#1169
So many conflicts of interest here...Adding exemptions aint going to help any.

With that said, I'd agree with Ver for stricter activity restrictions.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 16 2011 00:30 GMT
#1170
Ver is our god.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 16 2011 02:13 GMT
#1171
I think being able to abstain or vote for yourself are actions that should be allowed in a mafia game. In my opinion abstaining says way more about a person than if they vote for someone else (wasn't there a mafia game where a DT vote checked the abstainers and 50% of them were mafia?). And voting for oneself has always been allowed, and I find it handy in certain situations in real life mafia (when I'm traitor trying to get myself lynched hyuk hyuk hyuk).

Obviously there is an inactivity issue to address, but I don't think removing these elements from the game is necessary. And anyways lots of hosts don't allow people to abstain to begin with, so ultimately it is up to the host what's allowed in terms of voting.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 02:16:42
March 16 2011 02:16 GMT
#1172
On March 16 2011 09:30 flamewheel wrote:
Ver is our god.

Blasphemy!
[image loading]

EDIT: NOOOO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO! MY REAVER!!!!!
Uff Da
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 16 2011 02:21 GMT
#1173
On March 16 2011 11:13 Foolishness wrote:
I think being able to abstain or vote for yourself are actions that should be allowed in a mafia game. In my opinion abstaining says way more about a person than if they vote for someone else (wasn't there a mafia game where a DT vote checked the abstainers and 50% of them were mafia?). And voting for oneself has always been allowed, and I find it handy in certain situations in real life mafia (when I'm traitor trying to get myself lynched hyuk hyuk hyuk).

Obviously there is an inactivity issue to address, but I don't think removing these elements from the game is necessary. And anyways lots of hosts don't allow people to abstain to begin with, so ultimately it is up to the host what's allowed in terms of voting.

It was the non-voters and most of them were inactive. They would have been modkilled in a modern game. Voting for yourself has NOT always been allowed. It is actually a relatively recent phenomenon. However, I agree that it should be left up to individual hosts. However, I think I will start suggesting it if the PM me asking for help balancing their games.

I agree that there is an inactivity problem, but I'm just not sure where the line should be drawn. I feel like no matter where you draw the line, someone is going to do just barely enough to avoid a modkill and nothing else. I also think they will screw up eventually and that will be the end of the problem (for example, ohN already has 2 bans, so I don't really see him lasting much longer around here if he keeps playing like that).
Uff Da
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
March 16 2011 02:22 GMT
#1174
Happy 2000! Welcome to the land of the best unit ever made
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
March 16 2011 02:53 GMT
#1175
On March 16 2011 11:22 LSB wrote:
Happy 2000! Welcome to the land of the best unit ever made

Me and my bro RoL still stuck with the worst looking unit ever made.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 16 2011 02:57 GMT
#1176
When's the next upgrade? I just got my tank <3
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 16 2011 03:23 GMT
#1177
On March 16 2011 01:16 deconduo wrote:
If you are on a road with a 50mph limit but everyone is going 70, if you get caught you can't turn around and say 'everyone else was doing it too'.


actually in very certain situations this is a valid legal defense.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 16 2011 03:30 GMT
#1178
On March 16 2011 11:16 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 09:30 flamewheel wrote:
Ver is our god.

Blasphemy!
[image loading]

EDIT: NOOOO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO! MY REAVER!!!!!


Lol yes I want to be a reaver forever. Riivorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
March 16 2011 03:34 GMT
#1179
I heard that if you make a comprehensive post on how much you hate your icon. TL trolls (mods) will make your icon permanent...

or make you a probe.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 16 2011 04:15 GMT
#1180
On March 16 2011 11:53 LunarDestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 11:22 LSB wrote:
Happy 2000! Welcome to the land of the best unit ever made

Me and my bro RoL still stuck with the worst looking unit ever made.

Yet you are going to betray me in 35 posts.
Bitch.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22592
Calm 3916
Mini 334
Mind 86
910 84
Free 55
Trap 39
Aegong 28
soO 24
Noble 7
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7986
XaKoH 444
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m5340
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Other Games
singsing1992
FrodaN737
Beastyqt627
B2W.Neo606
mouzStarbuck245
Livibee192
C9.Mang0142
Trikslyr140
RotterdaM112
Khaldor88
KnowMe88
QueenE70
Liquid`Hasu39
BRAT_OK 37
ZombieGrub14
MindelVK13
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2457
Other Games
• Shiphtur798
• imaqtpie579
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.