• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:25
CEST 01:25
KST 08:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8774 users

[MLG] Spring Championship 2012 - Page 160

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 163 Next
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
June 11 2012 05:09 GMT
#3181
On June 11 2012 14:08 Slow Motion wrote:
Shoulda ran the poke comp But I think with Saint gone we might never see the classic CLG poke comp again. They probably don't practice it because Voy doesn't play Nid and the xHazzard sub was kinda a one-time thing.

xHazzard doesn't do AP Nidalee iirc. I think it's only HSGG that does AP Nidalee at a high level any more. Even Moma changed to AD Nidalee I think.
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 05:12:36
June 11 2012 05:10 GMT
#3182
On June 11 2012 14:08 MooMooMugi wrote:
TSM TSM TSM

BAYLIFE BROs


You make me real sad.

I wanted to see Dlift's celebration vlog. =(

edit for below: Wasn't freaking out over vayne's main strength. I just get annoyed when people use bad/incomplete math in their arguments.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Treadmill
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2833 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 05:11:21
June 11 2012 05:10 GMT
#3183
Can we please not start this arguement about Vayne again? Does Vayne have the highest single-target dps? Yes. Is this mitigated by her significant other weaknesses? Also yes. Freaking out over a characters main strength is just silly. Kass has flash on a 6 second cooldown. He's not OP either.

Anyways good games, fun finals. I still think TSM vs CLG.eu was the best series of the tournament though.
GreenManalishi
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada834 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 05:13:11
June 11 2012 05:11 GMT
#3184
Bah, was just being antagonistic.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
June 11 2012 05:11 GMT
#3185
On June 11 2012 14:09 RoieTRS wrote:
That didn't stop clg from winning season1 world championship.

Wait, which tourny did CLG win? I thought Fnatic won that one
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
June 11 2012 05:12 GMT
#3186
On June 11 2012 14:10 Treadmill wrote:
Can we please not start this arguement about Vayne again? Does Vayne have the highest single-target dps? Yes. Is this mitigated by her significant other weaknesses? Also yes. Freaking out over a characters main strength is just silly. Kass has flash on a 6 second cooldown. He's not OP either.

Anyways good games, fun finals. I still think TSM vs CLG.eu was the best series of the tournament though.

"Can we please not start this perfectly relevant discussion again? Anyway, here are my opinions on it."
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
June 11 2012 05:12 GMT
#3187
On June 11 2012 14:11 GreenManalishi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:08 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:04 Jaksiel wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:02 HazMat wrote:
Time for CLG to blame having to play video games for a long time in 1 day and having a ringer.


Oddly condescending post. Playing for 13 hours is tiring. I don't play video games competitively but I do play Magic: the Gathering competitively and I know what it's like. Just because it doesn't have physical exertion doesn't mean it's not exhausting.

I've done 13 hours days at PTQ's and it's rather easy.

Bullshit.

I played competitive DotA in Shanghai, and I had a 6hr tournament and I was dead after that. I also had a full breakfast, workout, and lunch so I was in way better condition going into it then CLG. A game is like writing an exam for an hour, playing for 6hrs is like writing 2 finals back to back. I could not imagine trying to play for 13hrs.

HazMat flame baiting? NOT IN MY LEAGUE SUBFORUM
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
June 11 2012 05:13 GMT
#3188
Good games and good tournament. GG to all teams.
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
June 11 2012 05:15 GMT
#3189
On June 11 2012 14:11 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:09 RoieTRS wrote:
That didn't stop clg from winning season1 world championship.

Wait, which tourny did CLG win? I thought Fnatic won that one


sorry it was dreamhack qualifiers
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
June 11 2012 05:16 GMT
#3190
On June 11 2012 14:04 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:03 Shikyo wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:02 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:
On June 11 2012 13:51 overt wrote:
On June 11 2012 13:50 maliceee wrote:
On June 11 2012 13:48 GreenManalishi wrote:
That's game =/

I blame it on the terrible scheduling from MLG. Needed to redistribute games more evenly over the whole weekend.


seriously? wth are you talking about.

awesome steal by gg


He's trying to say that CLG is tired from playing twice as many games as TSM today since they came from loser's bracket.

Not a valid excuse if CLG loses but pretty huge bragging rights if they win.


I think being forced to go through the losers bracket is punishment enough for dropping out of the winners bracket. TSM can mess up 3 out of the first 4 games while CLG was only able to mess up one out of their first 3 games. They should just make the grand final a bo5.

Definition of double elimination : Lose 2 sets to drop out of the tournament. You might disagree with the choice to use double elimination, but double elimination is double elimination. What do you think the name comes from?


Agreed. It's like saying that TSM deserves no adv or any kind of reward for never losing a set once all tournament, is that not worthy of anything?


Of course it's worth something, TSM entered the finals with much more stamina. I'd love to take a look at the statistics, I wouldn't be surprised if players/teams that reach a grand final through the winner bracket end up winning much more than 50% of the time.
Quote?
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
June 11 2012 05:16 GMT
#3191
7.14 am here and I'm done for...yesterday? Well, I'm tired anyway,

GG TSM, was an epic series and I'm glad the "right" team won.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
June 11 2012 05:16 GMT
#3192
On June 11 2012 14:05 GeorgeForeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:02 BlackMagister wrote:
And again TSM beats CLG by going through the winner bracket even though tied in score vs their rivals. Not complaining just thing it's a funny coincidence because yes there should be consequences to losing a bo3. ?

Like getting knocked into the Loser's Bracket? 'Cause that would make sense.

Why are people misunderstanding what I said? I'm not complaining that CLG had to win two bo3s, it's a double elimination I get it. I was just bringing up TSM having an even score vs CLG and winning because it was also relevant in IPL4 when TSM and CLG went at each other with insults/jabs over twitter. The even score also leaves plenty of room for fanboy arguments over which team is better because like Saint said "that 3-3" and TOO said "Sorry I can't hear you too busy with all this money" and other immature comments like that.
Gantzie
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia245 Posts
June 11 2012 05:16 GMT
#3193
TSM made it more entertaining for the viewers i guess, pretty sure they could of won the spring championship earlier.
If they didn't really derp hard on baron attempts.
GG
Dunked
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 11 2012 05:17 GMT
#3194
doing any competitive task with tens of thousands of dollars on the line is going to be mentally exhausting, i think we can all agree on that
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
June 11 2012 05:22 GMT
#3195
On June 11 2012 14:16 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:05 GeorgeForeman wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:02 BlackMagister wrote:
And again TSM beats CLG by going through the winner bracket even though tied in score vs their rivals. Not complaining just thing it's a funny coincidence because yes there should be consequences to losing a bo3. ?

Like getting knocked into the Loser's Bracket? 'Cause that would make sense.

Why are people misunderstanding what I said? I'm not complaining that CLG had to win two bo3s, it's a double elimination I get it. I was just bringing up TSM having an even score vs CLG and winning because it was also relevant in IPL4 when TSM and CLG went at each other with insults/jabs over twitter. The even score also leaves plenty of room for fanboy arguments over which team is better because like Saint said "that 3-3" and TOO said "Sorry I can't hear you too busy with all this money" and other immature comments like that.

Newsflash: Being better isn't only about headsup. CLG lost to Dignitas while TSM beat Dignitas.

However if anything CLG was better headsup, they had a ringer after all.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-11 05:31:12
June 11 2012 05:24 GMT
#3196
On June 11 2012 14:05 Alzadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:02 HazMat wrote:
Time for CLG to blame having to play video games for a long time in 1 day and having a ringer.


Do you question the fact that playing intense, important matches in a world-class tournament is incredibly draining? It's nowhere near the same as playing for 10 hours at home.

They lost a set and went to the losers bracket. It's the downside of being a loser.
edit: I'm not trying to say playing for a long time is exhausting, I'm pointing out that CLG will blame something for their loss like they always do. They can't blame xhazzard because what's to say they would have done better with Voy (who is pretty much a ringer) and they can't blame playing twice the ammount of TSM's games because they were sent to the losers bracket by
based god qtpie.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
June 11 2012 05:25 GMT
#3197
On June 11 2012 14:12 RoieTRS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:10 Treadmill wrote:
Can we please not start this arguement about Vayne again? Does Vayne have the highest single-target dps? Yes. Is this mitigated by her significant other weaknesses? Also yes. Freaking out over a characters main strength is just silly. Kass has flash on a 6 second cooldown. He's not OP either.

Anyways good games, fun finals. I still think TSM vs CLG.eu was the best series of the tournament though.

"Can we please not start this perfectly relevant discussion again? Anyway, here are my opinions on it."


Haha, well put.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
June 11 2012 05:30 GMT
#3198
Is Dyrus' Vladimir that scary that it justifies leaving Reginald Karthus open every single game?
I am the Town Medic.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 11 2012 05:32 GMT
#3199
On June 11 2012 14:12 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:11 GreenManalishi wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:08 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:04 Jaksiel wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:02 HazMat wrote:
Time for CLG to blame having to play video games for a long time in 1 day and having a ringer.


Oddly condescending post. Playing for 13 hours is tiring. I don't play video games competitively but I do play Magic: the Gathering competitively and I know what it's like. Just because it doesn't have physical exertion doesn't mean it's not exhausting.

I've done 13 hours days at PTQ's and it's rather easy.

Bullshit.

I played competitive DotA in Shanghai, and I had a 6hr tournament and I was dead after that. I also had a full breakfast, workout, and lunch so I was in way better condition going into it then CLG. A game is like writing an exam for an hour, playing for 6hrs is like writing 2 finals back to back. I could not imagine trying to play for 13hrs.

HazMat flame baiting? NOT IN MY LEAGUE SUBFORUM

Can it nerd.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
tobi9999
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1966 Posts
June 11 2012 05:32 GMT
#3200
where can I find the vods for finals ? D:
"tobi is ur iq 9999? cuz i think it might be u so smart wowowow." -Artosis
Prev 1 158 159 160 161 162 163 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O170
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1107
ZZZero.O 170
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
Doublelift5165
JimRising 715
Other Games
summit1g9981
FrodaN3043
KnowMe185
C9.Mang097
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 35m
Replay Cast
23h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.