• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:56
CEST 01:56
KST 08:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8981 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 255

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 383 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
October 19 2013 01:37 GMT
#5081
My Gangplank streak contines, second account just hit plat. Pirate is too strong.

Except when I face Pantheon. It's like he was engineered to counter me.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
October 19 2013 01:43 GMT
#5082
the pantheon gp conversation is like 12 months old, max oranges and just farm under tower and be more useful late game.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
October 19 2013 01:47 GMT
#5083
I know, but it's the boringest lane there is
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
October 19 2013 02:08 GMT
#5084
On October 19 2013 10:43 turdburgler wrote:
the pantheon gp conversation is like 12 months old, max oranges and just farm under tower and be more useful late game.


way more than 12m
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
October 19 2013 02:13 GMT
#5085
This isn't a recycling bin, folks, this shit goes straight to the internet landfill.


Cold truth.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 19 2013 03:02 GMT
#5086
Dammit, writing a champion's draft when you intend to actually put thought into it and explain why takes so friggin' long compared to spouting random numbers made on the spot to look done.
Pwyff gets my props for getting to word all these PBE changes' context posts.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 19 2013 03:16 GMT
#5087
--- Nuked ---
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
October 19 2013 10:02 GMT
#5088
The more I play the worst I'm playing.. This is very frustrating. I play this game for 2.5 years now (with some breaks) and I'm still in the gold scrub elo
Considering the fact that I managed to reach quite a decent level in both BW and SC2 this is even worst.
Maybe MOBA games aren't for me !
Any advice ? Should I just stop playing lol
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
October 19 2013 10:03 GMT
#5089
On October 19 2013 19:02 Lylat wrote:
The more I play the worst I'm playing.. This is very frustrating. I play this game for 2.5 years now (with some breaks) and I'm still in the gold scrub elo
Considering the fact that I managed to reach quite a decent level in both BW and SC2 this is even worst.
Maybe MOBA games aren't for me !
Any advice ? Should I just stop playing lol


Solo queue is cancer, try IHs.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 19 2013 10:32 GMT
#5090
#1 tip for soloqueue: When in doubt, dodge.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 19 2013 10:40 GMT
#5091
when in doubt, focus on improvement, that way it doesnt matter who your teammates are and you don't have to be a little bitch and dodge everytime they don't pick the optimal fotm comp.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
October 19 2013 10:42 GMT
#5092
On October 19 2013 19:02 Lylat wrote:
The more I play the worst I'm playing.. This is very frustrating. I play this game for 2.5 years now (with some breaks) and I'm still in the gold scrub elo
Considering the fact that I managed to reach quite a decent level in both BW and SC2 this is even worst.
Maybe MOBA games aren't for me !
Any advice ? Should I just stop playing lol

Try playing something different from your main what you consider fun.Doesn't matter what.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 19 2013 10:47 GMT
#5093
On October 19 2013 19:02 Lylat wrote:
The more I play the worst I'm playing.. This is very frustrating. I play this game for 2.5 years now (with some breaks) and I'm still in the gold scrub elo
Considering the fact that I managed to reach quite a decent level in both BW and SC2 this is even worst.
Maybe MOBA games aren't for me !
Any advice ? Should I just stop playing lol

Success in RTS doesn't necessarily lead to success in MOBAs. Even in "scrub gold" you're better than ~90% of the people on your server.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
October 19 2013 10:56 GMT
#5094
On October 19 2013 19:02 Lylat wrote:
The more I play the worst I'm playing.. This is very frustrating. I play this game for 2.5 years now (with some breaks) and I'm still in the gold scrub elo
Considering the fact that I managed to reach quite a decent level in both BW and SC2 this is even worst.
Maybe MOBA games aren't for me !
Any advice ? Should I just stop playing lol

I was high masters in SC2/B- in BW, but after 2 years of playing LoL I'm still gold I. It's frustrating to me too to not be as good as I was at SC, but it has motivated me to not give up until I'm in diamond so I can feel approximately as good as I was in SC.

GL! Keep going :D.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 19 2013 11:01 GMT
#5095
play to improve and only on your favourite champs of each role (play only your favourite role when possible) diamond players are all trash so you guys are doing something wrong
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 11:07:22
October 19 2013 11:03 GMT
#5096
If league of legends were a course in college, and you were given 4 months to gain rank (starting as a newbie) what mark would be passing? What if you'd played 540 ranked games? (taking advanced League of Legends 3)

More and more, I feel like I should be at gold but the threshold for gold is already the 80th+ percentile.
I pride myself in how I study this game and for keeping up with and understanding it but I sometimes I feel like I suck. If I suck at something that I willingly spend time in and enjoy then does that mean I suck at everything?

Would I do better if I blindly followed guides and championselects?
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 11:06:30
October 19 2013 11:06 GMT
#5097
xxx
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 19 2013 11:09 GMT
#5098
On October 19 2013 20:03 obesechicken13 wrote:
If league of legends were a course in college, and you were given 4 months to gain rank (starting as a newbie) what mark would be passing? What if you'd played 540 ranked games? (taking advanced League of Legends 3)

More and more, I feel like I should be at gold but the threshold for gold is already the 80th+ percentile.
I pride myself in how I study this game and for keeping up with and understanding it but I sometimes I feel like I suck. If I suck at something that I willingly spend time in and enjoy then does that mean I suck at everything?

Would I do better if I blindly followed guides and championselects?

Given that in my major the important classes require a 70+ to progress, somewhere around SII-III.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
October 19 2013 11:17 GMT
#5099
id teach the professor gg
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
October 19 2013 11:19 GMT
#5100
don't kid yourself, you'd be the TA
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 117
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1131
GuemChi 783
Artosis 614
910 37
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever0
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox615
Other Games
summit1g7302
Day[9].tv587
shahzam512
C9.Mang0321
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta31
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur699
• Day9tv587
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4m
Patches Events
16h 4m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.