• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10049 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 311

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 309 310 311 312 313 331 Next
No more bad posting
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 20 2013 17:43 GMT
#6201
On August 21 2013 02:39 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:27 NeoIllusions wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

How long have you been playing League? What's the point?

I get that it might be an innocuous question but it's a pretty obvious answer and you do yourself no service by asking it like you did.

I play league because I love games of mind against human players :o Originally I was a chess and go player before discovering PC gaming 3 years ago.

But collecting something immaterial is something I really don't understand, and no, I don't see the obvious answer here...


People collect immaterial things for the same reason you play League; they love it. The same way League is worth your time, skins are worth their money.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:51:02
August 20 2013 17:48 GMT
#6202
oh my god Carni an esl employee just posted a behind the scenes pic of gamescom rehearsals.

Alexander H. Shedden ‏@carni 1h
Thresh ft. Sona ft. Morde ft. more on stage rocking. SO COOL :D pic.twitter.com/o1VFvFfMOW
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Seems like we can expect a LoL cosplay Pentakill-esque band performance. ESL always delivers with the cringeworthy but also funny stuff.

ALSO

seems like there's an item refund option on PBE now.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
August 20 2013 17:50 GMT
#6203
Fail.

Thresh isn't a part of Pentakill.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 20 2013 17:52 GMT
#6204
i welcome the undo button. everyone makes mistakes
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 20 2013 17:58 GMT
#6205
On August 21 2013 02:52 ComaDose wrote:
i welcome the undo button. everyone makes mistakes

Like when I sold my Bork the other day instead of my extra DBlade. Mistakes were made.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
August 20 2013 18:00 GMT
#6206
sounds like time to constantly buy/sell GP10s while at base
GOTTA MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
August 20 2013 18:01 GMT
#6207
Quick, someone run the math on gp/10s and reselling them.
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
Haiq343
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2548 Posts
August 20 2013 18:02 GMT
#6208
On August 21 2013 02:41 Kupon3ss wrote:
the theory is that if you spend enough time in a game the virtual representation matter as much to you as much as the physical ones in other games despite it just being bytes on a server. Think of getting skins in lol as getting a nicer chess set or go pieces.

I have a hand carved ancient Egypt-theme'd chess set with pyramid style 3-d board. (Actually takes a lot of getting used to, so much perspective induced user-error). Collecting stuff is the same as most hobbies, people find an aspect that appeals and roll with it. Digital collection isn't any different from esoteric object collection, and has a lot in common with recreational camping or idk watching other people play video games competitively.

(I really just wanted to share about the chess set, it's the coolest thing I own even in it's well-used state).
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination encircles the world. -Einstein
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:09:19
August 20 2013 18:04 GMT
#6209
People still buy gp10 items? What is this, S2?

Rush a goddamn sightstone and buy some wards you POS support. You're better off buying a doran's blade/ring/shield so you can at least be useful in lane.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 20 2013 18:04 GMT
#6210
On August 21 2013 03:00 Kupon3ss wrote:
sounds like time to constantly buy/sell GP10s while at base
GOTTA MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY

"Purchases which have immediate game impact may also clear your undo history"
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 20 2013 18:10 GMT
#6211
On August 21 2013 03:04 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 03:00 Kupon3ss wrote:
sounds like time to constantly buy/sell GP10s while at base
GOTTA MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY

"Purchases which have immediate game impact may also clear your undo history"

I like the way they are implementing it, it's actually smarter than just a simple time based system.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 20 2013 18:16 GMT
#6212
On August 21 2013 02:26 Kupon3ss wrote:
I'm told that i have hats in dota that total to 2k STEAM WALLET FAKEMONIES

How much of that is TI2/TI3 swag?
Moderator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 20 2013 18:20 GMT
#6213
On August 21 2013 03:04 AsianEcksDragon wrote:
People still buy gp10 items? What is this, S2?

Rush a goddamn sightstone and buy some wards you POS support. You're better off buying a doran's blade/ring/shield so you can at least be useful in lane.

Or buy philo and spam the hell out of pinks.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:21:34
August 20 2013 18:21 GMT
#6214
On August 21 2013 02:39 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:27 NeoIllusions wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

How long have you been playing League? What's the point?

I get that it might be an innocuous question but it's a pretty obvious answer and you do yourself no service by asking it like you did.

I play league because I love games of mind against human players :o Originally I was a chess and go player before discovering PC gaming 3 years ago.

But collecting something immaterial is something I really don't understand, and no, I don't see the obvious answer here...

If you really don't see it, here's my perspective.
We all like League a lot, to the point where we play multiple hours every week for multiple years now. As you play, you develop a leaning towards certain champions. There is an aesthetic appeal to having your "favorites" look different. So as people play more LoL, they buy and collect skins that appeal to them.

This whole premise is how Riot makes money.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:24:30
August 20 2013 18:21 GMT
#6215
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

Oh man, wait until you discover the glory that is the Mannconomy. Did you know that certain cosmetic TF2 hats are bought / sold for over $5,000? Or that this guy has a TF2 inventory worth well over $50,000? (It "only" displays as $48,000 because a lot of his items are literally unpriceable as they are the only ones in existence.)
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:25:24
August 20 2013 18:25 GMT
#6216
from my experience the better the player the less likely the person worries about skins because they enjoy different things

what was your chess elo tolkien?
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 20 2013 18:27 GMT
#6217
from my experience there is no correlation between affinity for skins and skill at all :/
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 20 2013 18:29 GMT
#6218
-.-

It's like, why would you spend more than 5 dollars on a shirt if the functionality is exactly the same, perhaps with less comfort, even?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:33:17
August 20 2013 18:29 GMT
#6219
On August 21 2013 03:21 GrandInquisitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

Oh man, wait until you discover the glory that is the Mannconomy. Did you know that certain cosmetic TF2 hats are bought / sold for over $5,000? Or that this guy has a TF2 inventory worth well over $50,000? (It "only" displays as $48,000 because a lot of his items are literally unpriceable as they are the only ones in existence.)

The TF2 hat economy boggles the mind. I wouldn't have even bought Spirit Guard Udyr had it not been for the initial sale
On August 21 2013 03:29 Shikyo wrote:
-.-

It's like, why would you spend more than 5 dollars on a shirt if the functionality is exactly the same, perhaps with less comfort, even?

Wut? Are you trying to tell me people don't buy more expensive cloths because they are more aesthetically pleasing. Okay.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 18:32:40
August 20 2013 18:30 GMT
#6220
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?


I'm just gonna give the simple answer to this.

It's fun.
Also, agree with ComaDose. That's an interesting correlation to draw though.
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Prev 1 309 310 311 312 313 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 296
MaxPax 250
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66351
Calm 4134
Shuttle 2599
Bisu 2264
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 580
Mini 504
EffOrt 452
Stork 357
Light 307
[ Show more ]
Rush 276
firebathero 251
Hyuk 245
ZerO 186
Snow 185
actioN 122
Barracks 116
Zeus 85
Killer 82
hero 79
Dewaltoss 60
Sea.KH 52
Hyun 43
Pusan 41
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 32
Shine 28
Free 26
Sharp 26
Yoon 23
PianO 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 18
zelot 18
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7797
Dendi999
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_160
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko433
crisheroes397
Other Games
hiko2194
singsing1960
B2W.Neo485
DeMusliM278
byalli255
Hui .203
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX159
Mew2King69
Rex38
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2116
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 50m
Replay Cast
8h 35m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.