• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10258 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 310

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 331 Next
No more bad posting
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 20 2013 17:13 GMT
#6181
On August 21 2013 02:09 Nos- wrote:
Did Misaya and Double come from Dota background or something? I'm confused. I know Link plays Dota at a (I assume) relatively high level but not much about anyone else

I think misaya was a pretty low tier player in dota, I vaguely remember a passing comment in the G-1 finals thread in dota about that. He is primarily known for lion ulting a creep which isn't the best highlight of one's career (Just ask blitz)
Glorious SEA doto
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 20 2013 17:14 GMT
#6182
On August 21 2013 02:09 Nos- wrote:
Did Misaya and Double come from Dota background or something? I'm confused. I know Link plays Dota at a (I assume) relatively high level but not much about anyone else

Prior to his LoL career, Misaya was a mid player for a second-tier Chinese DotA team that didn't really accomplish anything. His crowning moment was in a WCG match against Nirvana.CN where he went up against YaphetS' SF mid as Lion, got crushed, and then when one of his supports game to gank, he Lion ulted a ranged creep, throwing away a guaranteed kill. He retired after that.

Pretty much everyone else on that team went on to have fairly successful DotA careers (notably Chuan and Ferrari_430 were on that team though IIRC Chuan was not on the team at the same time Misaya was).
Moderator
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:16:27
August 20 2013 17:15 GMT
#6183
And doublelift played BW and DotA and eventually HoN when it came out. Wasn't a pro player though in dota that i'm aware of, just a pub player, same as link, who plays with LuminousInverse a lot, who is a dota caster.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 20 2013 17:17 GMT
#6184
Btw fun fact on the subject of players that switched. The top laner for GG.EU was an SC2 pro prior to league (Also the mid laner for esuba)
Glorious SEA doto
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 20 2013 17:17 GMT
#6185
From what I've seen, Link is not all that *good* at DotA, but he plays in high level games by virtue of stacking with a lot of good/known players.
Moderator
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:21:04
August 20 2013 17:17 GMT
#6186
misaya was actually quite a good player whose career was stalled due to 1) the aforementioned fiasco 2) the abundance of talent that year (chuan and 430 being 2), and 3) the stableness of the top teams during that year

so when lol came out he quickly switched to that

doublelift and link were "top" pub players who played inhouse leagues and were known to be good but never went pro

hyhy (the mid players of SGS) was one of the top SEA dota players and got 3rd at the first international in 2011

Just due to the age and relative trajectory of the two games, more than half of the top Chinese/SEA/CIS LoL players have had significant experiences in DotA prior to playing LoL, it really doesn't say anything about the relative skill differences aside from 1) mechanics are marginally easier in lol and 2) many strategic concepts transfer over between the games
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 20 2013 17:18 GMT
#6187
The Chinese communities were pretty unforgiving over the lion ult fiasco can do quite a number on any young man (Look at what happened to toyz)
Glorious SEA doto
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 20 2013 17:18 GMT
#6188
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
August 20 2013 17:19 GMT
#6189
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 20 2013 17:20 GMT
#6190
On August 21 2013 02:17 Kupon3ss wrote:
misaya was actually quite a good player whose career was stalled due to 1) the aforementioned fiasco 2) the abundance of talent that year (chuan and 430 being 2), and 3) the stableness of the top teams during that year

so when lol came out he quickly switched to that

Well it's a tad more complicated than that from what he said in his G-League finals mini-documentary.

If memory serves, he actually quit progaming entirely first and went back to college on a promise made to his parents. Then he picked up League IN college and eventually got back into progaming through League.
Moderator
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 20 2013 17:21 GMT
#6191
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.
Glorious SEA doto
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
August 20 2013 17:24 GMT
#6192
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?
The legend of Darien lives on
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 20 2013 17:25 GMT
#6193
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

Sweg.
Glorious SEA doto
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12023 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:26:06
August 20 2013 17:25 GMT
#6194
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?


What's the point in collecting anything at all? I don't see how stamps or coins or transformer action figures or whatever would be superior here.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
August 20 2013 17:26 GMT
#6195
I'm told that i have hats in dota that total to 2k STEAM WALLET FAKEMONIES
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:28:32
August 20 2013 17:27 GMT
#6196
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

How long have you been playing League? What's the point?

I get that it might be an innocuous question but it's a pretty obvious answer and you do yourself no service by asking it like you did.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 20 2013 17:28 GMT
#6197
On August 21 2013 02:25 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?


What's the point in collecting anything at all? I don't see how stamps or coins or transformer action figures or whatever would be superior here.

until you edited in transformers actions figures i was with you. but common man those things are obviously superior
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
captharlock
Profile Joined September 2010
United States223 Posts
August 20 2013 17:38 GMT
#6198
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.



All that skin is missing is the Russian accent.
Baneslayer Angel could be hungover, slightly blind, and texting while flying and still win the game
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-20 17:39:38
August 20 2013 17:39 GMT
#6199
On August 21 2013 02:27 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2013 02:24 mr_tolkien wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:21 Fusilero wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:19 onlywonderboy wrote:
On August 21 2013 02:18 NeoIllusions wrote:
Played Sejuani today, had to make use of Soviet skin.

Have to say, not bad.

Well if you bought the skin you might as well play her lol.

I buy skins for the collectible. It's why I have championship riven only played her like 4 times but I can say I have championship riven.

I must missing something but what's the point of collecting data bytes on a server ?

How long have you been playing League? What's the point?

I get that it might be an innocuous question but it's a pretty obvious answer and you do yourself no service by asking it like you did.

I play league because I love games of mind against human players :o Originally I was a chess and go player before discovering PC gaming 3 years ago.

But collecting something immaterial is something I really don't understand, and no, I don't see the obvious answer here...
The legend of Darien lives on
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
August 20 2013 17:41 GMT
#6200
the theory is that if you spend enough time in a game the virtual representation matter as much to you as much as the physical ones in other games despite it just being bytes on a server. Think of getting skins in lol as getting a nicer chess set or go pieces.
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 250
UpATreeSC 70
Codebar 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39714
Calm 3798
Bisu 2273
Shuttle 1372
FanTaSy 1266
Mini 546
Hyuk 395
actioN 338
Stork 307
EffOrt 287
[ Show more ]
firebathero 194
Barracks 183
Rush 181
Snow 141
Dewaltoss 109
Zeus 68
Shinee 48
Sharp 37
Killer 33
Sea.KH 32
Hyun 31
soO 30
Pusan 29
Liquid`Ret 29
Bale 27
Free 22
Shine 21
Aegong 19
Yoon 19
PianO 17
HiyA 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8731
Dendi1117
XaKoH 254
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
x6flipin729
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes575
Other Games
singsing2442
hiko1490
FrodaN807
Beastyqt545
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee202
byalli193
Hui .159
Liquid`VortiX147
C9.Mang0101
RotterdaM96
Mew2King63
Trikslyr57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV334
League of Legends
• Nemesis3447
Other Games
• Shiphtur934
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Replay Cast
6h 42m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.