• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8220 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 339 Next
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
July 18 2013 11:03 GMT
#2641
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but TF's passive on the PBE now gives 1-6 gold when he kills something, it's no longer global.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 18 2013 11:05 GMT
#2642
Yeah let's bring rng back in.I've missed it so much.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 18 2013 11:09 GMT
#2643
Well seeing the number of creeps you'll kill and the low-impact it'll have in the game if it's well normalized it won't change much.
The legend of Darien lives on
Cheap0
Profile Joined July 2012
United States540 Posts
July 18 2013 11:11 GMT
#2644
For Wriggle's, I think it'd be better if the lifesteal was just replaced with a unique passive that gives health back only when attacking jungle monsters. Then you could lower its cost, maybe nerf some stats or add some new ones in, and get that annoying vamp sceptre out of the recipe.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
July 18 2013 11:12 GMT
#2645
Well it def is worse than his current one no arguing I just REALLY hate rng.I was probably one of the only people who started going spirit stone since day 1 just because I got almost no procs on madred lol.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 18 2013 11:24 GMT
#2646
passives that just give you gold are sooooooo boring though. It literally has absolutely no gameplay effect.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
July 18 2013 11:42 GMT
#2647
On July 18 2013 20:03 XaCez wrote:
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but TF's passive on the PBE now gives 1-6 gold when he kills something, it's no longer global.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

wtf isn't Riot all about getting rid of the "luck based" things ?
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 11:58:18
July 18 2013 11:51 GMT
#2648
On July 18 2013 20:42 Lylat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 20:03 XaCez wrote:
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but TF's passive on the PBE now gives 1-6 gold when he kills something, it's no longer global.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

wtf isn't Riot all about getting rid of the "luck based" things ?

It's not really that luck based. Assuming it's an equal chance of any amount from 1-6, at 100 CS, the standard deviation of the bonus gold is less than 5% of the expected value.

On July 18 2013 20:24 sob3k wrote:
passives that just give you gold are sooooooo boring though. It literally has absolutely no gameplay effect.


Can't really disagree here, though.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
July 18 2013 12:11 GMT
#2649
jesus, idk if im playing better or what. But in ~20 games, I've gone from unranked to gold 1. I was placed into gold 5 and have only lost 1 game so far while being placed, and lost 3 of my games in the placements themselves lol. I skipped both divisions 4 and 2. I'm not sure if im playing really well or if i've been getting ridiculously lucky with teammates, but my mmr is so high right now i'm playing high plats/low diamonds in gold 1.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 18 2013 12:15 GMT
#2650
On July 18 2013 20:42 Lylat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 20:03 XaCez wrote:
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but TF's passive on the PBE now gives 1-6 gold when he kills something, it's no longer global.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

wtf isn't Riot all about getting rid of the "luck based" things ?


It isn't luck or RNG based. If there was a greater variance in reward then it would be luck based but as it stands it's basically same as saying something like 3 gold per creep but has some flair/lore component to spice things up.
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
July 18 2013 12:23 GMT
#2651
Where is our LCS thread @_@ I want to make more bad predictions
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
July 18 2013 12:36 GMT
#2652
On July 18 2013 21:23 schmutttt wrote:
Where is our LCS thread @_@ I want to make more bad predictions


Cant be that hard to make bad predictions for na. Just predict crs dig clg win and flip a coin if they meet. And always predict c9 loss. Best worst predictions na.
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 18 2013 12:39 GMT
#2653
On July 18 2013 21:23 schmutttt wrote:
Where is our LCS thread @_@ I want to make more bad predictions

Dig will get a lead and then keep it

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
It's your boy Guzma!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
July 18 2013 12:39 GMT
#2654
On July 18 2013 21:11 IMoperator wrote:
jesus, idk if im playing better or what. But in ~20 games, I've gone from unranked to gold 1. I was placed into gold 5 and have only lost 1 game so far while being placed, and lost 3 of my games in the placements themselves lol. I skipped both divisions 4 and 2. I'm not sure if im playing really well or if i've been getting ridiculously lucky with teammates, but my mmr is so high right now i'm playing high plats/low diamonds in gold 1.

After a few fuck-ups in late s2, I ended up at 1301 Elo, while I was well between 1400 and 1500 for the most part before that, so there was a deviation of 100-150 below the level I usually played at before the loss streak. I didn't perform too well in the placement matches either (went 6-4 or something like that), ended up in Silver V.
Then I just barely lost any game and bolted through, skipping Silver IV and II to get to Silver I ~40 LP in around 20 games. When you get placed amongst people lower than you and get on a streak your LP start increasing super fast to follow the accelerated Elo gains you get.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
July 18 2013 12:39 GMT
#2655
BTW EU LCS starts in 20min and no thread ? I know it's bad but still ...
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
July 18 2013 12:41 GMT
#2656
On July 18 2013 21:39 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 21:11 IMoperator wrote:
jesus, idk if im playing better or what. But in ~20 games, I've gone from unranked to gold 1. I was placed into gold 5 and have only lost 1 game so far while being placed, and lost 3 of my games in the placements themselves lol. I skipped both divisions 4 and 2. I'm not sure if im playing really well or if i've been getting ridiculously lucky with teammates, but my mmr is so high right now i'm playing high plats/low diamonds in gold 1.

After a few fuck-ups in late s2, I ended up at 1301 Elo, while I was well between 1400 and 1500 for the most part before that, so there was a deviation of 100-150 below the level I usually played at before the loss streak. I didn't perform too well in the placement matches either (went 6-4 or something like that), ended up in Silver V.
Then I just barely lost any game and bolted through, skipping Silver IV and II to get to Silver I ~40 LP in around 20 games. When you get placed amongst people lower than you and get on a streak your LP start increasing super fast to follow the accelerated Elo gains you get.

I'm just scared that I'm not actually at this skill level lol, I'm afraid to play even though this is the closest i've ever been to plat. Feels way too easy, considering my main account has 600+ games played and is gold 2, and I play literally 22 games and I'm gold 1 on this account. Maybe I am getting better, Idk. I really hope that's the case lol.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 12:43:37
July 18 2013 12:42 GMT
#2657
It's in 3h20, not 20 minutes. 6 PM for us GMT+2.

^ maybe you're just lucky. I wasn't a dead weight by any means in my promotion series to Gold but I didn't carry any of the games either, I could as well be sitting at Silver I 50 LP right now.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 18 2013 12:44 GMT
#2658
Sometimes all it takes is a new perspective.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
July 18 2013 12:44 GMT
#2659
Yeah, maybe lol. I like to think I carry though, since I've been getting mid almost every game xD
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
July 18 2013 13:00 GMT
#2660
I support carry every game!
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm264
League of Legends
JimRising 642
Other Games
summit1g8104
WinterStarcraft578
Sick127
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2118
League of Legends
• Lourlo970
• Rush680
Other Games
• Shiphtur357
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 45m
Patches Events
9h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 45m
OSC
17h 45m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.