• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 145

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
June 21 2013 16:59 GMT
#2881
On June 22 2013 01:39 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:23 Scip wrote:
On June 22 2013 01:18 Capricious_LoL wrote:
I know the idea has already been dismissed but I would appreciate the creation of an exclusive elitist sub-forum the requirements for which are as follow:

- Must have achieved rank of Challenger past/present
- Because many Challenger players are bad, must be deemed a good skillful player by me personally
- Must have a likable personality deemed by me personally.

The sub-forum would consist of one massive circle-jerk as we flaunt our knowledge of the game and wallow in self-pity at the vast ocean of knowledge that we don't know of the game. From the emissions thus sprung forth we would divine the grand mysteries of the elo nirvana.

Also, if that's a Travian reference in Neo's sig, I pray for the safe deliverance of his soul. That game is the devil's handiwork; it makes one lose sleep over silly numbers.

The only person who achieved challanger on TL ever is Entenzwerg and he isn't in challanger anymore, nor is he close to it at all actually. If challanger teams count, that would add me and maybe one or 2 NA guys to the list. That would be a pretty useless subforum indeed, given that Enten rarely visits except to bump his stream thread (don't think he does even that anymore though).

I took sarcasm immunity pill this morning.

IIRC Navi achieved Challenger in solo queue early in the season then dropped out.


Also Capricious was(is?) challenger(not sure if Scip knew that or not since he's on EUW, and it wasn't actually obvious from his post unless you know/know of him), and then there's the technicality type TLers like Heartbeatt, who never post in these forums =p.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 17:03:12
June 21 2013 17:02 GMT
#2882
On June 22 2013 01:57 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:47 Sandster wrote:
There really needs to be a ward ping...


Whenever I ping a ward people on my team are like "you want a ward there!?"


It's especially bad as an adc pinging enemy wards...your support is always like "sure!" *plop*
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
June 21 2013 17:04 GMT
#2883
--- Nuked ---
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
June 21 2013 17:04 GMT
#2884
there's an "esuba Rikytan" in EUW liquidpractive who's challenger, no idea what his name on TL is doh
Capricious_LoL
Profile Joined December 2012
United States222 Posts
June 21 2013 17:06 GMT
#2885
You guiz too srs.
NA LoL: Capriciøus
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 17:08:13
June 21 2013 17:08 GMT
#2886
When I saw Scip's reply I was like "is he Romanian?" Then I saw he's Czech...and with my glorious US geography education thought "close enough!"
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 21 2013 17:15 GMT
#2887
On June 22 2013 02:04 AsnSensation wrote:
there's an "esuba Rikytan" in EUW liquidpractive who's challenger, no idea what his name on TL is doh

He is challanger in ranked5s, so was I though (same team). Challanger in ranked5s is like 10 times easier than in soloQ
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
June 21 2013 17:16 GMT
#2888
On June 22 2013 02:08 Sandster wrote:
When I saw Scip's reply I was like "is he Romanian?" Then I saw he's Czech...and with my glorious US geography education thought "close enough!"

OMG Scip is a Chechen rebel??!!
+ Show Spoiler +
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 21 2013 17:19 GMT
#2889
On June 22 2013 02:02 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:57 cLutZ wrote:
On June 22 2013 01:47 Sandster wrote:
There really needs to be a ward ping...


Whenever I ping a ward people on my team are like "you want a ward there!?"


It's especially bad as an adc pinging enemy wards...your support is always like "sure!" *plop*

Ping ALL the wards as support (even top lane!) and bam, problem solved. With experience you see the enemy support move, check his wards, evaluate how long he's gone, and you know where he warded and with what (unless he used a pink and a green) even though you didn't have vision.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Capricious_LoL
Profile Joined December 2012
United States222 Posts
June 21 2013 17:20 GMT
#2890
That Geranimo guy on reddit is an asshole and a bad player, have seen him on multiple occasions whine and blame teammates, which is a rarity for that elo.
NA LoL: Capriciøus
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 21 2013 17:20 GMT
#2891
On June 22 2013 01:22 Jojo131 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 00:39 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 22 2013 00:36 Sandster wrote:
On June 22 2013 00:27 KillerSOS wrote:
So what are the top AD Carries atm? The last time I played it was Sivir and Graves... yes it's been awhile.

Everyone still going Armor Pen for AD runes?


More of a "who's NOT picked right now?" Which is pretty much Corki and Sivir. Quinn is also more a niche or solo lane pick than a common adc you'll see.

Draven, Caitlyn, Ez, Twitch, Varus, Vayne, MF, Trist, Kog, and Graves all have seen competitive play within the past 2 weeks. Right now you need to be either ban or survive Draven (which changes next patch), and expect to see a lot of blue Ezreal (CDR with Muramana and Iceborne Gauntlet), Caitlyn, and Varus in lane.

More or less, ADC balance has come along way from the League of Ezreal.

There hasn't been very much Ashe play that I know of, but her laning in 3.8 has improved (tough to manage the passive however), so you may start seeing some more Ashe.

Genja is on LCS now running Manamune + BT on ashe

...Manamune+BT? Ehhh?

O_o

I am going to have to watch the VoDs when I get back eventually.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 21 2013 17:20 GMT
#2892
On June 22 2013 02:02 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 01:57 cLutZ wrote:
On June 22 2013 01:47 Sandster wrote:
There really needs to be a ward ping...


Whenever I ping a ward people on my team are like "you want a ward there!?"


It's especially bad as an adc pinging enemy wards...your support is always like "sure!" *plop*


Its worse for me, cus Im usually support and the AD is like "yea yea Ill buy a ward next time"
Freeeeeeedom
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
June 21 2013 17:21 GMT
#2893
Speaking of the mid start...

Yesterday, I was playing blinds with friends and as Syndra I got matched up against Zed. I went with Cloth+5, because against AD Mids I just rush Seeker's Armguard, but I kept running out of mana.

So I did some math just now, and it seems that cloth armor reduces damage by about 8% assuming a rune page that is just AD and 21/x/x masteries.

Compared to Doran's Ring, which offers 60 health, something like Khazix's Void Spikes will need to hit more than 5 times in order for cloth armor to be of more value.

Granted, this will put you behind if you are trying to build Seeker's, which can give 20% physical damage reduction when fully stacked. You also will only have 2 potions compared to 5 potions with cloth armor, which can be a difference of 450 health.

I can imagine starting Doran's Ring over Cloth Armor against ADs if you plan to be aggressive before your first back and if you have relatively high mana costs.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 17:23:46
June 21 2013 17:21 GMT
#2894
Yes I ping wards as a support. I meant when I'm playing adc and ping the ward...my support thinks I want a ward there.

The difference between ping -> "ward" and ping -> "warded" is huge. I had no idea until I started typing "warded" every time and jungler replies "k"
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
June 21 2013 17:23 GMT
#2895
Are you guys running Ad or Arpen on Draven?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 21 2013 17:26 GMT
#2896
I'm running away from Draven, does that count?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
June 21 2013 17:26 GMT
#2897
On June 22 2013 02:21 Sandster wrote:
Yes I ping wards as a support. I meant when I'm playing adc and ping the ward...my support thinks I want a ward there.

The difference between ping -> "ward" and ping -> "warded" is huge. I had no idea until I started typing "warded" every time and jungler replies "k"

Conversely, whenever I play a support with a hard CC and I have full mana, I usually just toss one out to mess with the enemy adc's lasthitting -- but then my adc is always like ALRIGHT CC! TIME TO DIVE
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 21 2013 17:28 GMT
#2898
On June 22 2013 02:26 Flakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2013 02:21 Sandster wrote:
Yes I ping wards as a support. I meant when I'm playing adc and ping the ward...my support thinks I want a ward there.

The difference between ping -> "ward" and ping -> "warded" is huge. I had no idea until I started typing "warded" every time and jungler replies "k"

Conversely, whenever I play a support with a hard CC and I have full mana, I usually just toss one out to mess with the enemy adc's lasthitting -- but then my adc is always like ALRIGHT CC! TIME TO DIVE


Take it as a sign that the world is telling you to stop playing Taric >:o
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 21 2013 17:29 GMT
#2899
Just ping and say "warded" instead of "ward, eliminates most confusion lol
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 21 2013 17:30 GMT
#2900
On June 22 2013 02:23 AsnSensation wrote:
Are you guys running Ad or Arpen on Draven?

I normally run ArPen (though I run ArPen on everything since the S3 change, sue me). He's got alot of free physical spell damage from his passive, R, and sorta E, and ArPen scales well into the mid/late game.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 123
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.