• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9055 users

[Patch 1.0.0.154: Preseason Balance Update 2] GD - Page 201

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 220 Next
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
January 31 2013 00:17 GMT
#4001
On January 31 2013 09:15 barbsq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

There was a thread about it in SC2 general iirc. The general consensus of the thread (and I agree with it) is that SC and League don't really belong in the Olympics, as I believe that the point of the Olympics is to celebrate the physical feats of strength and skill of human beings, which isn't really the point of esports.


Skills=> Main need to play league of legends ^^ i would love to see it in the olimpics
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:20:52
January 31 2013 00:18 GMT
#4002
Chess is an olympic sport.
Bowling is an olympic sport.
Billiards is as well.

Physical feat of strength? Not quite.

I don't see why an eSport like SC2/LoL shouldn't be in the olympics.

twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:19:48
January 31 2013 00:19 GMT
#4003
On January 31 2013 09:17 checo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:15 barbsq wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

There was a thread about it in SC2 general iirc. The general consensus of the thread (and I agree with it) is that SC and League don't really belong in the Olympics, as I believe that the point of the Olympics is to celebrate the physical feats of strength and skill of human beings, which isn't really the point of esports.


Skills=> Main need to play league of legends ^^ i would love to see it in the olimpics

Meh, ping pong counts, as does snowboarding n shit.

Not to necessarily say I believe it should be in, but that sort of argument doesnt hold water.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
fishinguy
Profile Joined November 2010
Russian Federation798 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:22:34
January 31 2013 00:21 GMT
#4004
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Even chess isnt part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:29:30
January 31 2013 00:21 GMT
#4005
On January 31 2013 09:18 smOOthMayDie wrote:
Chess is an olympic sport.
Bowling is an olympic sport.
Billiards is as well.

Physical feat of strength? Not quite.

Skill of the mind? Indeed.

SC2/League? Skills of the mind.



...these are olympic sports?

Also literature/music/architecture/etc etc etc used to be olympic "sports"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Olympic_Games
TranslatorBaa!
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
January 31 2013 00:21 GMT
#4006
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
January 31 2013 00:26 GMT
#4007
I like how Tug of War is a discontinued Olympic Sport.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
SgtSquiglz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States668 Posts
January 31 2013 00:27 GMT
#4008
On January 31 2013 09:21 smOOthMayDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports


That article says chess isn't in the Olympic games, but only that it's recognized by the IOC.
Take anything I say with a grain of salt.....I suck at this game. Also, Go Blue!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 31 2013 00:29 GMT
#4009
On January 31 2013 09:21 smOOthMayDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports


do you read what you link it says right at the top of the link "Many sports are not recognized as Olympic sports although their governing bodies are recognized by the IOC"
TranslatorBaa!
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
January 31 2013 00:29 GMT
#4010
I'm not going to lie I do not ever want to see ESPORTS in the Olympics.

Sorry but it ain't the same. Neither is chess for that matter. I love chess and I love me some esports but pls.
Retvrn to Forvms
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 31 2013 00:31 GMT
#4011
Won an aram as udyr /fist pump
3/4/23 :D
our rage is beyond your control.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 31 2013 00:33 GMT
#4012
On January 31 2013 09:26 Seuss wrote:
I like how Tug of War is a discontinued Olympic Sport.

up until 1920, too, that's 6 olympics worth of tug of war.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:37:10
January 31 2013 00:36 GMT
#4013
Btw that Oleg guy from Own3d is on Live On 3 today, anyone watching/watch that? I'm not sure if it already ended but that would be interesting to watch.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:38:08
January 31 2013 00:36 GMT
#4014
On January 31 2013 09:29 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:21 smOOthMayDie wrote:
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports


do you read what you link it says right at the top of the link "Many sports are not recognized as Olympic sports although their governing bodies are recognized by the IOC"



That's fine and all, but if they're recognized by the IOC, and 2/3 of the 'sports' I mentioned are held at the "World Games", there's nothing wrong with making SC2/LoL a recognizable sport, either. :p

AFAIK: If your sport is recognized by the IOC, it's considered an "olympic sport" although half of them aren't a part of the official Oympic Games.
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:39:16
January 31 2013 00:38 GMT
#4015
On January 31 2013 09:21 smOOthMayDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports

I am absolutely certain that chess is not in the Olympics as of 2012.

afaik, they do have a separate 'Chess Olympiad', but whether or not that's actually run by the IOC, I have no clue. Either way, it's not part of the Olympic games.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
January 31 2013 00:39 GMT
#4016
On January 31 2013 09:36 HazMat wrote:
Btw that Oleg guy from Own3d is on Live On 3 today, anyone watching/watch that? I'm not sure if it already ended but that would be interesting to watch.

I'm watching it right now its not over it hasn't even started. Apparently the interview is going to be for the last 45 minutes of the show I'll post again when it starts.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
January 31 2013 00:39 GMT
#4017
Is Oleg the CEO of own3d?
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:40:44
January 31 2013 00:39 GMT
#4018
On January 31 2013 09:36 smOOthMayDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 09:29 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On January 31 2013 09:21 smOOthMayDie wrote:
On January 31 2013 09:21 fishinguy wrote:
On January 31 2013 08:41 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:50 Alaric wrote:
I just read the espn article and I was stunned by that part:
Beck also notes that League of Legends and StarCraft were considered for the 2016 Olympics — “they were talking about it” — and he’s confident Riot Games has stepped up to that necessary next level for Season 3.

Did anyone else react to it?

Old news brah.


Esport in Olympics? Hell even chess isn't part of the Olympics. I really cant imagine this happening anytime soon. And I can imagine the potential shitstorm that this would stir up if people heard it was even seriously considered....

My parents didn't talk to me for 2 days after I told them that gaming was a serious occupation lol.



Chess is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports


do you read what you link it says right at the top of the link "Many sports are not recognized as Olympic sports although their governing bodies are recognized by the IOC"



That's fine and all, but if they're recognized by the IOC, and 2/3 of the 'sports' I mentioned are held at the "World Games", there's nothing wrong with making SC2/LoL a recognizable sport, either. :p

Lol, you want them to somehow go beyond ESPORTS?
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:42:40
January 31 2013 00:41 GMT
#4019
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandy

Looks like hockey to me.. >_>

edit: except theyre playing on a soccer size field.
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 31 2013 00:44 GMT
#4020
On January 31 2013 09:26 Seuss wrote:
I like how Tug of War is a discontinued Olympic Sport.


The amount of tension on a rope created by massive amounts of strong people pulling opposite directions is terrifying. I've seen some really gnarly injuries from a rope breaking in tug of war. They discontinued it at my high school after a bad incident.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Prev 1 199 200 201 202 203 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Killer 72
Sea.KH 64
Dewaltoss 61
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
Yoon 27
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1324
kRYSTAL_124
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns41221
singsing2110
B2W.Neo671
hiko426
byalli324
crisheroes299
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX108
Rex96
Mew2King95
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 32m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.