• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:34
CEST 22:34
KST 05:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6809 users

[Patch 1.0.0.150: Shadow Isles] General Discussion - Page…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 310 Next
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 07 2012 00:43 GMT
#4501
On November 07 2012 09:39 Ketara wrote:
What do you guys think of this: http://i.imgur.com/boqQE.jpg

Besides it including Fiddlesticks as a support, I wonder if they just needed to fill a spot to make their chart pretty.

Spellsy was the one who came up with the information, I think someone else did the graphics. He's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to supports. Also we don't like support Fiddle? I've seen it work in certain situations.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 07 2012 00:43 GMT
#4502
On November 07 2012 09:42 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 09:41 Craton wrote:
?

I played poorly.


Was just being ironic cause you blamed everyone but you.

Not like you had a chance, not really being a dick, just dickish.

I just stated things as they were. Our top won.
twitch.tv/cratonz
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
November 07 2012 00:57 GMT
#4503
Doublelift so good at teaching.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
November 07 2012 00:58 GMT
#4504
On November 07 2012 09:39 Ketara wrote:
What do you guys think of this: http://i.imgur.com/boqQE.jpg

Besides it including Fiddlesticks as a support, I wonder if they just needed to fill a spot to make their chart pretty.

Fiddles good against some ADs but not good with any of them.
Tribute
Profile Joined September 2010
United States146 Posts
November 07 2012 01:02 GMT
#4505
A surprising lack of Leona in the chart, despite her popularity as a support.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
November 07 2012 01:05 GMT
#4506
Leona doesn't specifically shut down any lanes, but she pretty solidly does the same thing against any lane but a very aware Janna, also her roaming utility and initiation outside of lane is by far the best.
Remember Violet.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 07 2012 01:21 GMT
#4507
I am surprised they don't put Soraka as top 3 with Varus or Sivir.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
November 07 2012 01:26 GMT
#4508
Interesting, but I thought it was commonly accepted that sona was bad against blitz?
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
November 07 2012 01:28 GMT
#4509
On November 07 2012 10:26 Louuster wrote:
Interesting, but I thought it was commonly accepted that sona was bad against blitz?


Kinda 50/50, at least in my personal experience *sub 1250 ftl* as Sona, I've either done really really well against Blitz cuz he can't land hooks and I just harass the fuck out of him, or he channels Godhand and nothing I do seems to work :<
tobi9999
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1966 Posts
November 07 2012 01:41 GMT
#4510
On November 07 2012 10:26 Louuster wrote:
Interesting, but I thought it was commonly accepted that sona was bad against blitz?


Not really, one of those "fucked if they took double golems" matchups though.

They hit level 2 with blitz and you're just like "o well guess we're not csing"
"tobi is ur iq 9999? cuz i think it might be u so smart wowowow." -Artosis
Zizoz
Profile Joined June 2012
United States232 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-07 01:43:58
November 07 2012 01:42 GMT
#4511
It says that Sona is good against Blitz and Blitz is good against Sona.

I main support (mostly Soraka) around 1300 elo. One quibble I have is that always like facing support Alistars as Soraka. I feel like I can pretty consistently silence him if he tries to go in, or just own him with Q in a fight. Of course if I do get caught I'm screwed, but the same is true of other supports (especially Blitz) who are more likely to actually catch me.

Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 07 2012 01:43 GMT
#4512
Wow. Had a Zyra mid in my team. Well he and Morgana farmed to their heart's content, but his pushing power and ability to totally wreck the others team was so huge.
We had Irelia Mundo (me) Zyra MF Nunu
They had Yorick Amumu Morgana Ezreal Leona

Yorick was bad (outfarmed by Irelia while putting the pressure, never really threatening her), I played kinda badly (didn't manage to do a lot, they played smartly against my buff jacking after 2 and their team was better at catching/punishing when we got oracles in the midgame), and Morgana was pretty good at roaming/catching people in the midgame.

But Zyra's damage... we took the drakes very quickly, pushed down towers fast and her plants did the damage to them too, she'd wreck anyone she caught (unless flash+another escape, so Ez/Morgana) and was good enough to use her ult so that she'd hit her main target, and anyone who'd try to counter-initiate/dive us would have to walk in too. Yorick didn't build much MR (manamune sheen FH belt, with I think mercs and the aegis from their team) so she could pretty much 100-0 anyone she wanted but Morg's zhonya.

They messed up because I just stood on the side when Amumu caught someone with bandage toss so I'd dodge the ult and then run to their backline (generally with ult on, that's baaaaad and too early), get popped in less than 7 seconds, but then MF + Irelia had cleaned up everyone but Ezreal and Leona following Zyra's initiation, while I was clearly a 4th position (too much roaming/buff jacking to actually farm, 3 oracles... I had tabi/SV/aegis/wit's, never a true threat, I was useless that game past oracle roaming) but Ez/Yorick focused me down first anyway.

Zyra was so scary. ôo And her ult had less than 60s cd, so even if she messed up, no biggy, we just ward and push too lanes simultaneously till it's back up.
Yeah, I really won't like her. Good thing she was on our side that one.

(And no it's not bragging, I did jack shit that game.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
ChoBz
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada836 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-07 01:46:39
November 07 2012 01:45 GMT
#4513
hehe Aphromoo using 2 blue crit runes on all his AD pages...

If you're tapiocaball, don't pick Sona vs blitz. Otherwise, you die 10x in a row.
ChoBz
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
November 07 2012 01:47 GMT
#4514
On November 07 2012 10:28 Sunaj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 10:26 Louuster wrote:
Interesting, but I thought it was commonly accepted that sona was bad against blitz?


Kinda 50/50, at least in my personal experience *sub 1250 ftl* as Sona, I've either done really really well against Blitz cuz he can't land hooks and I just harass the fuck out of him, or he channels Godhand and nothing I do seems to work :<


The guide is confusing there.
Blitz is good against Sona.
Sona is good against Blitz.
What?

I think Sona is bad because of her slow base movement speed (305) and lack of disengages, i.e. she has a harder time dodging the grab and once she got grabbed, she is dead.
As another example, Zyra has the same problem, once she got grabbed, she can root the opponents as much as she wants, she's already in range of both and - with just 300 base movement speed - until she has boots, she won't dodge any grabs.

However, if the opponent hits all his skillshots to start with, dodging those doesn't matter... but then again, you could probably run any support in that case and win. A blitz that never hits grabs is a 2v1 lane in your favour.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
November 07 2012 01:55 GMT
#4515
On November 07 2012 10:43 Alaric wrote:
Wow. Had a Zyra mid in my team. Well he and Morgana farmed to their heart's content, but his pushing power and ability to totally wreck the others team was so huge.
We had Irelia Mundo (me) Zyra MF Nunu
They had Yorick Amumu Morgana Ezreal Leona

Yorick was bad (outfarmed by Irelia while putting the pressure, never really threatening her), I played kinda badly (didn't manage to do a lot, they played smartly against my buff jacking after 2 and their team was better at catching/punishing when we got oracles in the midgame), and Morgana was pretty good at roaming/catching people in the midgame.

But Zyra's damage... we took the drakes very quickly, pushed down towers fast and her plants did the damage to them too, she'd wreck anyone she caught (unless flash+another escape, so Ez/Morgana) and was good enough to use her ult so that she'd hit her main target, and anyone who'd try to counter-initiate/dive us would have to walk in too. Yorick didn't build much MR (manamune sheen FH belt, with I think mercs and the aegis from their team) so she could pretty much 100-0 anyone she wanted but Morg's zhonya.

They messed up because I just stood on the side when Amumu caught someone with bandage toss so I'd dodge the ult and then run to their backline (generally with ult on, that's baaaaad and too early), get popped in less than 7 seconds, but then MF + Irelia had cleaned up everyone but Ezreal and Leona following Zyra's initiation, while I was clearly a 4th position (too much roaming/buff jacking to actually farm, 3 oracles... I had tabi/SV/aegis/wit's, never a true threat, I was useless that game past oracle roaming) but Ez/Yorick focused me down first anyway.

Zyra was so scary. ôo And her ult had less than 60s cd, so even if she messed up, no biggy, we just ward and push too lanes simultaneously till it's back up.
Yeah, I really won't like her. Good thing she was on our side that one.

(And no it's not bragging, I did jack shit that game.)


Zyra is like buffed Janna Mid. So much utility + Damage.
Freeeeeeedom
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-07 02:04:49
November 07 2012 02:00 GMT
#4516
On November 07 2012 10:47 Morfildur wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 07 2012 10:28 Sunaj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 10:26 Louuster wrote:
Interesting, but I thought it was commonly accepted that sona was bad against blitz?


Kinda 50/50, at least in my personal experience *sub 1250 ftl* as Sona, I've either done really really well against Blitz cuz he can't land hooks and I just harass the fuck out of him, or he channels Godhand and nothing I do seems to work :<


The guide is confusing there.
Blitz is good against Sona.
Sona is good against Blitz.
What?

I think Sona is bad because of her slow base movement speed (305) and lack of disengages, i.e. she has a harder time dodging the grab and once she got grabbed, she is dead.
As another example, Zyra has the same problem, once she got grabbed, she can root the opponents as much as she wants, she's already in range of both and - with just 300 base movement speed - until she has boots, she won't dodge any grabs.

However, if the opponent hits all his skillshots to start with, dodging those doesn't matter... but then again, you could probably run any support in that case and win. A blitz that never hits grabs is a 2v1 lane in your favour.


No, it actually makes a lot of sense, if Blitz doesn't land any hooks, Blitz has no sustain to deal with Sona's poke, while you are right the other way, if Sona gets grabbed, she is totally dead in the water, so they do beat each other. *yay run on sentences *


edit* oh man, I'm watching/listening to Loco's stream, I really wanna hope he's the saviour for CLG, but I really think he's in a rough place there :<
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
November 07 2012 02:02 GMT
#4517
On November 07 2012 10:45 ChoBz wrote:
hehe Aphromoo using 2 blue crit runes on all his AD pages...

yes, one crit rune allows you to unlock the mechanic. every good player knows to do this since two_down discovered it, he is kind of the edison of lol.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 07 2012 02:03 GMT
#4518
On November 07 2012 10:21 Ketara wrote:
I am surprised they don't put Soraka as top 3 with Varus or Sivir.


This is what I thought too. Sivir + Soraka is broken yo.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
November 07 2012 02:04 GMT
#4519
On November 07 2012 11:02 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2012 10:45 ChoBz wrote:
hehe Aphromoo using 2 blue crit runes on all his AD pages...

yes, one crit rune allows you to unlock the mechanic. every good player knows to do this since two_down discovered it, he is kind of the edison of lol.

Not the crit rune discussion again...
liftlift > tsm
Koenig99
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada904 Posts
November 07 2012 02:04 GMT
#4520
The more I listen to DL, the more I'm convinced he's actually retarded.
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 310 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 123
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins527
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4508
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
summit1g4936
Liquid`RaSZi2166
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo533
XaKoH 254
ToD203
C9.Mang0169
RotterdaM82
QueenE69
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King34
PPMD25
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21117
Other Games
• Shiphtur1041
• imaqtpie829
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 26m
Patches Events
19h 26m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.