• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:34
CEST 09:34
KST 16:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)30Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9999 users

AlexTheProG Interview at Gamescom

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
shiroiusagi
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
SoCal, USA3955 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-13 21:37:00
August 13 2015 18:02 GMT
#1

interview

We met up with AlexTheProG at the Gamescom WCA Qualifiers in Cologne, Germany before the end of the round-robin matches. The newest addition to team Na'Vi, Alex was put through a trial by fire these past weeks getting ready for his tournament debut.

After Dreamhack Valencia, Na'Vi player Breez switched to team FNatic and Alex earned his place among the ranks of Na'Vi. It was a major change switching from captain of team Nihilum to the newest face in Na'Vi and we wanted to know all about it!

You replaced Na’Vi’s tank Breez, but you’re known to be a melee assassin player predominantly. Did you feel like you would have to begin playing tank Heroes or were you able to stick with more of a flex/assassin role?


Alex: When I joined Na’Vi, when they approached me they said that it was for a tank role which I was kind of sad about at first because I really like the Hero Kerrigan and I’m known for being good at Kerrigan. So I was kind of sad but I had to let go my two most frequent Heroes, but I still think the tank is still an interesting role. Like I played flex, like melee assassin and second tank, so I’m a little bit used to playing tanks so the transition was kind of fine.


One of the things that was very exciting was watching you play Leoric yesterday. He’s gotten a lot of hate, you either absolutely love him or you think he’s overpowered or unfair and shouldn’t be played. What are your thoughts on him?


Alex: I think he is a very fun hero, I really like the mechanics and his spells, I just think he’s a bit too strong. Like, I prefer and kind of feel rewarded if I outplay my opponents but I feel like it’s kind of my Hero that does all the work and not me.


Do you think, then, that he should be nerfed, and if so do you think it’s his passive or his abilities?


Alex: I think they should nerf his Q. His wave clear is too fast. He’s good in team fights, he’s good at split pushing, so I think a simple nerf on his Q for creep damage would be fine.


Coming back to your team switch, on team Nihilum you were the captain. Has the transition between going from captain to the newest member of a team been hard for you or a natural change in pace?


Alex: We were kind of three-captain’ed, I think you’d say, on Nihilum, I was just the public one. But, yeah it’s kind of weird to come in as an outsider because you, you don’t feel a part of the team at the start. It’s weird not to have control over things and be at the front of the scene.


One of the big questions coming into this tournament was how Na’Vi and FNatic would do when it comes to team synergy and just getting along with one another. How has it been so far working with Na’Vi and do you feel like part of the team?


Alex: At the start when I tried out for them, it went very, very bad because, I don’t know, everything was just wrong and all five played bad. But after a week, we started playing very good and I feel like a part of the team and I’m also officially announced on that stuff.


Something I’ve noticed is how your teammates, especially JayPL, are very familiar with you and treat you like one of the guys which is amazing to see. They’ll put their arms around you, ask you how you’re doing, it looks very natural. Do you feel like you’re a member of the Na’Vi family now or is there still a level of comfort that needs to be reached?


Alex: I feel like a part of the team. Like, they know each other better than they know me but I still feel like they are very nice to me and I feel like I’m a part of them.


Overall, are you glad to have switched over to Na’Vi?


Alex: I’m very happy. I was on Nihilum and losing for six months straight. I never really won a bigger tournament and then after three weeks on Na’Vi we won the EU Open one and qualified for Gamescom and so far at Gamescom it’s been very nice.


Last question before you go back to practicing: Na’Vi versus FNatic tonight. The players have been very friendly and know one another’s teams intimately. How do you predict the matchup will go, will you beat out FNatic?


Alex: The matches today actually don’t matter because we have to play them in the Upper Bracket Finals tomorrow no matter what. So today it will mostly just be for fun and chill, but I’m pretty confident that we are the better team and that, it’s not to be cocky but we are the better team right now and I hope that we can show that on the stage.


Interviewer: Vaalia
Graphics & Format: Vaalia & shiroiusagi
Art Credit: Blizzard
Special Thanks Gamescom
Graphics@shiroiusagi_ | shiroiusagi.net
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
August 14 2015 05:15 GMT
#2
Even though the interview isn't very long I think it is pretty cool to get to know players that we aren't as familiar with.

I find interesting his comment about Leoric.

Like, I prefer and kind of feel rewarded if I outplay my opponents but I feel like it’s kind of my Hero that does all the work and not me.


There are a couple of Heroes that make me feel this way. Basically you are just trying to not screw up and the heroe does everything for you. For example with Kael'thats, as long as you land the flamestrikes, which specially after lvl 13 is not hard at all to do, you'll be top damage of your team and wreck everyone easily. So I think it is good they are changing these kind of heroes so you don't feel like they are playing for you.

Other Heroes like Zeratul and Illidan for example, altough they are very strong, you really give you the sense that you can outplay your oponents. Sure, you are using their skills and talents, but they reward you more the better you play.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
August 14 2015 11:21 GMT
#3
Played a game with this guy once, was the biggest dick there was. Incredibly poor mannered sod this guy is.
I guess he is fairly good although I'm very curious how the european teams will clash with other regions, the level of play at the latest gamescom looked quite bad with teamliquid starting off very weak but then dominating the rest after they regained their posture.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 90
Bale 33
Aegong 28
ZergMaN 17
Killer 15
Mong 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Fuzer 124
League of Legends
JimRising 535
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King234
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1649
Other Games
summit1g8881
olofmeister654
ceh9436
Happy384
Sick169
ArmadaUGS132
crisheroes128
Livibee99
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Rush1938
• Stunt484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 26m
OSC
5h 26m
Stellar Fest
5h 26m
OSC
16h 26m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.