• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8125 users

Liquipedia needs you!

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 11:37:01
March 17 2015 19:35 GMT
#1




One of the pillars of esports is good resources for tournament coverage, info on your favourite players and teams, and game info and how to play guides. These are all the things Liquipedia excels at providing a structure for. However structure is all fine and dandy but we need content and to make content we need people like you, who, for whatever reason clicked on this link and are now reading this post. Literally everyone* can contribute to the wiki by providing some information that is currently not there yet. Even our StarCraft II wiki which has seen over 800 000 edits still is lacking vast amounts of information.

Why then should you help out with the Heroes of the Storm wiki? well because even if the wiki is never complete it can provide more or less information, and then more is always the one preferred, so if you want to have a wiki as a resource the best way is to help out make it be so. As with all good crowd-sourcing the value created is bigger than the parts that went into it.

When I started helping out with the Liquipedia wiki way back in the Autumn 2010 the wiki was very barren by today's standards, my first edit was to make a page for my then favourite player MarineKing (called FoxeR or FauxeR since he was using "BoxeR" as his ID in GSL Open Season 2). I joined the #liquipedia IRC channel and started talking with some people and got lots of help, and made more and more contributions. It's was very easy to get started with helping out and for me personally it has only been a pleasurable experience. (Also you should totally join the IRC chat if you have any questions about contributing.)

      So how can I help the wiki?

Well at the moment there's not that many tournaments going on and not too many players that have had the chance to do a lot within the game yet, but there are some and they can all use more help.
However the area where we're still very spotty is in general game information. We need a lot more info on heroes and their abilities. for example, and general guides and help about strats and priorities on the different battlegrounds. The TL Heroes writers has already provided some pretty good guides and articles and if you want you can just copy that over (since it's TL licensed content at the very least) and there more people can improve on them over time or correct things that change with patches etc.

If you're hard pressed to find something to do, click the Random page link in the left sidebar of the wiki to get to a random page and see if there's not something you could improve on it after reading it.

*Everyone that is not banned on TL/LD/LH/LL etc.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
March 17 2015 20:18 GMT
#2
It says i need permission when i make a submission, but i guess it's alright. Someone will review everything i do?
hi
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto4999 Posts
March 17 2015 20:20 GMT
#3
At the start yes, if you become a regular contributor, your edits will be autoreviewed.
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 17 2015 20:36 GMT
#4
I'm working on submitting some wiki edits.

I think it would be really useful to have spawn timings for the different events. I've considered adding them to the Map Page infoboxes located on the right-hand-side, but it appears they are templated already and it won't be an easy addition on my end.

Instead, I'm considering adding tables to the Map Pages with the various timings.

As an example of what I mean:

The first time that Shrines spawn on Dragon Shire is always at 1 minute 15 seconds. The Shrines always re-spawn 2 minutes after the Dragon Knight is defeated.

The Mercenary Camps activate 2 minutes after the game has begun. Each Siege Ogre camp will respawn 3 minutes after it has been captured. Each Knight camp will respawn 4 minutes after it has been captured.


I could add that sort of information into the separate sections, but then when you want to go find them, you'd have to skim the text. It might be more effective just seeing them in a table with text/values.

What are your thoughts?

Also, I've noticed that the Portal:Heroes page is missing 2 pictures.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
FO-nTTaX
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Johto4999 Posts
March 17 2015 20:44 GMT
#5
if you need a change to a template, come to our IRC channel, bring a paint scribble to make it easier to understand, and we will happily help with templates. For everything else, we also love to help you getting started =)
Administrator@FO_nTTaX | FO-nTTaX.de | 0xff0000.dev | Senior Lead Liquipedia Developer
"Nimm es. Es ist nicht viel, aber es kommt von Herzen. Vergiss mich nicht!"
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
March 17 2015 20:47 GMT
#6
If you make the tables on the different pages and come up with a standard way of presenting the info it'll be added to the infobox soon enough. Standards have a way to propagate like that on a wiki.
I do think tables are better than just text if it's very static values, however maybe it's hard to have a single standard for all maps so it'll need to be tweaked in the wording or presentation for each one?

As for the portal and missing heroes we'll add them soon.... it's doable for anyone to do technically (IIRC) it's just time consuming to learn how to.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
afreecaTV.Char
Profile Joined December 2014
United States340 Posts
March 17 2015 21:30 GMT
#7
I wouldn't mind updating / providing info on some of the teams and players in Korea / China / Taiwan.
Former AfreecaTV Esports Manager (2014-2024)
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
March 17 2015 21:34 GMT
#8
That would be very nice, not much is written about them in English.



I should maybe also have pointed out in my OP that another way to contribute is to spread the word, if you find an article that helps you, share the link with other people, friends or social media etc. that would also help the wiki.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 18 2015 01:35 GMT
#9
Anyone who wants to contribute to the heroes wiki, I am actively working on getting a solid template for creating hero pages. For now, if you want to update a hero you can use this template http://wiki.teamliquid.net/heroes/Hero_Wiki_Template
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
March 18 2015 17:33 GMT
#10
I did my first Wiki entry I feel proud :D
+
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
March 18 2015 18:40 GMT
#11
On March 19 2015 02:33 jaybrundage wrote:
I did my first Wiki entry I feel proud :D

\Ü/


Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
March 18 2015 21:52 GMT
#12
Thanks for the Gold and the Video guys <3

I have never had TL gold before :o
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
March 19 2015 15:06 GMT
#13
Is there a plan to have a 'talents' section on each hero page? I was going to start adding Brightwings talents, but realize that we need a different layout than the abilities due to the sheer number of talents. I have 0 ability to generate such a layout, but can copy/paste like a boss once we have one. I've browsed a couple of the other heroes, but so far don't see any talents listed.

Presumably some type of grid would work best, something like: http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Brightwing

Though I can't help but feel that their grid is cluttered and hard to parse.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 19 2015 15:23 GMT
#14
I'm going to try to find time today and add some content to the wiki. I have a bunch of tabs opened already with things that I've started, so I just need to fix them up. What's the irc channel that was mentioned above?
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-19 15:29:40
March 19 2015 15:24 GMT
#15
Our IRC is #liquipedia on quakenet.

As for Talent trees I have a few ideas. But I'll just probably make the most rudimentary kind of template for it unless someone beats me to it. (with fields for Icon, title, description, and the hardest one to phrase and explain but your "meta hero level" (as in do you get it at lvl 1, 2, 3, or 4)
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 19 2015 15:39 GMT
#16
On March 20 2015 00:06 Radfield wrote:
Is there a plan to have a 'talents' section on each hero page? I was going to start adding Brightwings talents, but realize that we need a different layout than the abilities due to the sheer number of talents. I have 0 ability to generate such a layout, but can copy/paste like a boss once we have one. I've browsed a couple of the other heroes, but so far don't see any talents listed.

Presumably some type of grid would work best, something like: http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Brightwing

Though I can't help but feel that their grid is cluttered and hard to parse.

It's in work. I'll keep you posted on when it gets in.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Scauthra
Profile Joined November 2010
5 Posts
March 19 2015 21:05 GMT
#17
I will do what I can to help out. Never made a wiki page or edited one. So I do hope my contribution will help benefit the site
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
March 19 2015 21:54 GMT
#18
Very few people's edits have an over all negative impact on the wiki, especially if you keep going since there is a slight learning curve to contributing to the wiki. So don't worry too much if you're creating value at the start, if you aren't early on you very soon will be as you understand how the wiki works.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
March 20 2015 15:29 GMT
#19
On March 20 2015 06:05 Scauthra wrote:
I will do what I can to help out. Never made a wiki page or edited one. So I do hope my contribution will help benefit the site

I would say something like 99.99% of edits that aren't vandalism(which is, itself, extremely rare) or something similar contribute to the wiki.
Liquipedia
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
March 21 2015 01:48 GMT
#20
On March 20 2015 00:39 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2015 00:06 Radfield wrote:
Is there a plan to have a 'talents' section on each hero page? I was going to start adding Brightwings talents, but realize that we need a different layout than the abilities due to the sheer number of talents. I have 0 ability to generate such a layout, but can copy/paste like a boss once we have one. I've browsed a couple of the other heroes, but so far don't see any talents listed.

Presumably some type of grid would work best, something like: http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Brightwing

Though I can't help but feel that their grid is cluttered and hard to parse.

It's in work. I'll keep you posted on when it gets in.



So I see that a template for the talents has been uploaded to the Brightwing page. Looks great.

I'd like to copy/paste to another hero (working on Muradin), but there is obviously more going on there than I can see. For instance all the images for the template are obviously being stored and referenced somehow.

For now I'm going to copy/paste the entire talent section from Brightwing to Muradin, change the names and descriptions, and leave it to someone else to actually make it so the proper images are referenced. Is that the best way to do it? Is there something else I should be doing to make it proper? Should I not bother and let someone else with better skills take care of it?

Also, where are folks getting the images for the abilities from? I'm happy to go and grab/upload/reference all the appropriate images, but don't want to step on any copyright toes.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1482
WardiTV754
OGKoka 245
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko455
OGKoka 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8776
Bisu 3998
FanTaSy 2934
Jaedong 1742
Shuttle 1345
EffOrt 1241
Horang2 804
BeSt 639
actioN 398
Larva 318
[ Show more ]
Mini 287
Stork 192
Mind 111
Zeus 104
Snow 97
910 82
Sea.KH 74
Barracks 51
Mong 44
ToSsGirL 40
Sexy 38
hero 35
soO 31
Killer 28
Yoon 27
Bale 25
JYJ 23
sorry 23
Shinee 21
Free 18
Aegong 17
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Shine 13
zelot 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4512
qojqva1613
Dendi987
XaKoH 481
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m674
Other Games
singsing2705
olofmeister932
hiko907
Livibee672
B2W.Neo644
crisheroes354
XBOCT257
Pyrionflax205
Hui .143
Liquid`VortiX89
dupreeh70
QueenE30
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2226
• Nemesis1777
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 43m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.