• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6437 users

Conservatives Waterboarded - Voluntarily. - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 04:07 GMT
#81
On May 23 2009 12:34 Mindcrime wrote:
His "best people in the world" also aren't. oh noez!

You aren't one of those people who think Colbert is a conservative are you?


No. I don't watch Colbert anyways. I tend to drift to the more constitutional crowd those with you know, principles and values, then create platforms around those. Arrgh, who am I kidding anyways, the people in politics now-a-days with that gumption is less than 5% and thats being generous.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
May 23 2009 04:08 GMT
#82
So when do we get to drown you, again?
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
May 23 2009 04:11 GMT
#83
headbangga, 4/5, over TWO blogs, final offer
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
May 23 2009 04:16 GMT
#84
On May 23 2009 13:11 CTStalker wrote:
headbangga, 4/5, over TWO blogs, final offer

coming from you, that's generous.. lol
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
aRod
Profile Joined July 2007
United States758 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 04:24:18
May 23 2009 04:16 GMT
#85
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


Most people in the military also lack any degree beyond a high school diploma. You may be an exception. I dont know, but I highly doubt your state of mind can immediately overpower years of evolutionary adaptation aimed at avoiding drowning. With your hands and feet and body bound, do you really believe you'll remain calm. With practice who knows what anyone can accomplish. Surely your self assured faith in your "epically fucking huge will" can help you here.

Live to win.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
May 23 2009 04:40 GMT
#86
On May 23 2009 13:07 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 12:34 Mindcrime wrote:
His "best people in the world" also aren't. oh noez!

You aren't one of those people who think Colbert is a conservative are you?


No. I don't watch Colbert anyways. I tend to drift to the more constitutional crowd those with you know, principles and values, then create platforms around those. Arrgh, who am I kidding anyways, the people in politics now-a-days with that gumption is less than 5% and thats being generous.


As opposed to the unconstitutional crowd? The one prohibited by the supreme law of the land? oh wait, wat

:|
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
May 23 2009 06:33 GMT
#87
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?
O M G!!!

This is our chance to start a fund raising campaign to watch Aegraen get waterboarded live on Mogulus!! I got 5 bucks!
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
May 23 2009 06:49 GMT
#88
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.


Gee, and the conservatives being waterboarded didn't know that they weren't going to be killed? I really want to see how long your "epicly fucking huge will" would last. Somehow, I think attempting to "outwill" the feeling of drowning is a lot harder to "outwill" your standard pain.
Writerptrk
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
May 23 2009 06:50 GMT
#89
This is very insightful, mad props to those who actually did it to prove a point, whether or not in the end they proved the point they wanted or not.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
May 23 2009 06:53 GMT
#90
This is very insightful, mad props to those who actually did it to prove a point, whether or not in the end they proved the point they wanted or not.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
May 23 2009 08:56 GMT
#91
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


your nose and mouth fill up regardless of breathing. your lungs burn immediately. your brain flips out within seconds.

it is not about holding your breath.
:O
DeathSpank
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1029 Posts
May 23 2009 09:05 GMT
#92
On May 23 2009 13:16 aRod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


Most people in the military also lack any degree beyond a high school diploma. You may be an exception. I dont know, but I highly doubt your state of mind can immediately overpower years of evolutionary adaptation aimed at avoiding drowning. With your hands and feet and body bound, do you really believe you'll remain calm. With practice who knows what anyone can accomplish. Surely your self assured faith in your "epically fucking huge will" can help you here.


%100 guaranteed he'll freak the first time, it has nothing to do with will power. When I did it earlier...there is really nothing to compare the feeling of panic. However I think after the first time you know what to expect and with practice you will be able to endure it.
yes.
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
May 23 2009 09:40 GMT
#93
I've been in the pool and accidentally breathed water in through my mouth and water got in to my nose at the same time (I was seeing how many forward rolls I could do underwater with one breath). I think its comparable to some degree, I wasn't completely filled up, but I can still recall the feeling over a decade later.
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
May 23 2009 10:07 GMT
#94
On May 23 2009 07:28 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
ah controlled drowning basically.. fucked up.


Yeah except that it feels like your going to die right away after a few seconds because your nose fills up with water and your extremely fast heartbeat will deplete your oxygen in a matter of seconds, which causes an immense fear/panic reaction
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 11:34:58
May 23 2009 11:34 GMT
#95
On May 23 2009 13:40 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 13:07 Aegraen wrote:
On May 23 2009 12:34 Mindcrime wrote:
His "best people in the world" also aren't. oh noez!

You aren't one of those people who think Colbert is a conservative are you?


No. I don't watch Colbert anyways. I tend to drift to the more constitutional crowd those with you know, principles and values, then create platforms around those. Arrgh, who am I kidding anyways, the people in politics now-a-days with that gumption is less than 5% and thats being generous.


As opposed to the unconstitutional crowd? The one prohibited by the supreme law of the land? oh wait, wat

:|


Yes, as opposed to the crowd who does anything for power, disregards the intent and wording of the constitution and panders to groups.

I'm sure you think taking over industries is constitutional. Never mind the fact that the founders sought to strictly LIMIT the power to the federal government.

Conservative/Libertarian/Constitutionalist. Yes.

Progressive, which now-a-days just means socialist, marxist, etc. No.

Really, you think the (D)'s who spend every waking moment to limit the 2nd amendment and impose restrictions on the first amendment, and bypass the 10th amendment, or just skip right over it, have this immense gratitude and upholding of the you know, supreme law of the land. This same group who doesn't enforce any immigration laws at all. Yes, that group who are blatantly, un-constitutional.

Don't worry, the (R)'s are just one little step behind them.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
May 23 2009 12:01 GMT
#96
On May 23 2009 13:16 aRod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


Most people in the military also lack any degree beyond a high school diploma. You may be an exception. I dont know, but I highly doubt your state of mind can immediately overpower years of evolutionary adaptation aimed at avoiding drowning. With your hands and feet and body bound, do you really believe you'll remain calm. With practice who knows what anyone can accomplish. Surely your self assured faith in your "epically fucking huge will" can help you here.



oh now dont bother trying to convince Aegraen through referring to evolution
Moderator
omninmo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2349 Posts
May 23 2009 12:10 GMT
#97
one of the biggest "stories" of the last two years is "waterboarding". thats pretty telling of these times. the public debates what is and what isnt torture. as if anything the public knows has anything to do with what is done behind closed doors. waterboarding is child's play compared to what really goes on. the fact that it has even entered the public/media discourse is evidence that it is a red herring, a non-issues, just something to put on in between commercials.
Mah Buckit!
Profile Joined April 2009
Finland474 Posts
May 23 2009 12:11 GMT
#98
If I was fighting against US army and knew stuff like that being done to my comrads, I would shoot americans like dogs :/
Except I do kinda like dogs...
Starcraft? Epic Grimness.
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
May 23 2009 12:13 GMT
#99
Why would anyone even spend a penny on that Aegraen guy?
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 12:14 GMT
#100
On May 23 2009 21:01 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 13:16 aRod wrote:
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


Most people in the military also lack any degree beyond a high school diploma. You may be an exception. I dont know, but I highly doubt your state of mind can immediately overpower years of evolutionary adaptation aimed at avoiding drowning. With your hands and feet and body bound, do you really believe you'll remain calm. With practice who knows what anyone can accomplish. Surely your self assured faith in your "epically fucking huge will" can help you here.



oh now dont bother trying to convince Aegraen through referring to evolution


I think what he meant to say was 'fight or flight response'...no no...'instincts'...possibly...oh rubbish, everyone knows the things people will do for money.

I'm a pretty calm demeanored guy, so yeah there would be no reason for my heart rate to increase. It takes quite a bit to get me anxious, nervous, scared, etc.

I'm also acutely aware of the 'fear of drowning' since you know, I am part of a Sea going service.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.