• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:51
CEST 19:51
KST 02:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12417 users

Conservatives Waterboarded - Voluntarily. - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
May 22 2009 22:38 GMT
#21
Wow what a jerk. How can you say something like "I'll do it for charity. I'll let you do it. I'll do it for the troops' families." and then chicken out. Way to stick your own foot down your throat.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
May 22 2009 22:40 GMT
#22
It is torture.

Unfortunately its still nothing compared to what most powerful nations have done in the past 50 or so years, and for which they take no responsibility themselves. So, very rich to criticize the US.
I will eat you alive
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
May 22 2009 22:40 GMT
#23
Interesting read.
觀過斯知仁矣.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
May 22 2009 22:42 GMT
#24
On May 23 2009 07:38 CubEdIn wrote:
Wow what a jerk. How can you say something like "I'll do it for charity. I'll let you do it. I'll do it for the troops' families." and then chicken out. Way to stick your own foot down your throat.


Ah, you must not know much about Hannity. He has made a living on hypocrisy and contradictions to put it mildly.

On May 23 2009 07:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
It is torture.

Unfortunately its still nothing compared to what most powerful nations have done in the past 50 or so years, and for which they take no responsibility themselves. So, very rich to criticize the US.


I'm not sure what this post means. Others have done it, we can do it too?

If not, please clarify.
:O
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
May 22 2009 22:42 GMT
#25
On May 23 2009 07:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
It is torture.

Unfortunately its still nothing compared to what most powerful nations have done in the past 50 or so years, and for which they take no responsibility themselves. So, very rich to criticize the US.


If your country tortures people it deserves to be criticized. Its not part of some global conspiracy to hate on the US. I think its pathetic that anyone would try and excuse it away like that
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
May 22 2009 22:47 GMT
#26
On May 23 2009 07:23 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I watched the video.. fascinating. Didn't really know what constitutes "water boarding."

So I guess it basically feels like drowning?

Yeah he says that in the second video. It isn't 'simulating' drowning but rather it IS drowning (bit of an exaggeration maybe).

Sometimes you need extreme measures to prove to someone that they are wrong XD
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
May 22 2009 22:48 GMT
#27
I almost want to have this done just to see what its like, it seems utterly horrifying.
U Gotta Skate.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
May 22 2009 22:49 GMT
#28
I went into it thinking "I can do that easily."

Then I watched it.. had it explained etc.. now I KNOW I could not take that very long at all. I have a huge fear of drowning
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
May 22 2009 22:49 GMT
#29
On May 23 2009 07:48 ghermination wrote:
I almost want to have this done just to see what its like, it seems utterly horrifying.


1.) Fill tub with water.
2.) Put head in water.
3.) Inhale.

There ya go, your own home-made water boarding torture experience!
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
May 22 2009 22:49 GMT
#30
On May 23 2009 07:48 ghermination wrote:
I almost want to have this done just to see what its like, it seems utterly horrifying.

It seems extremely easy to do (not that I recommend it). You put a rag over your nose, and pour water on it...
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-22 22:52:21
May 22 2009 22:49 GMT
#31
fyi, a video from last month of a US military trained man conducting the technique: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1579920046?bctid=20047560001
:O
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
May 22 2009 22:56 GMT
#32
On May 23 2009 07:49 choboPEon wrote:
fyi, a video from last month of a US military trained man conducting the technique: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1579920046?bctid=20047560001

That was about what I expected given the videos in the OP, but why was that Playboy!?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Jusciax
Profile Joined August 2007
Lithuania588 Posts
May 22 2009 22:57 GMT
#33
Imagine being tortured like that 183 times by people who hate you, like it happened to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Not that I pity him but I wonder if he's mental sane any more.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
May 22 2009 22:58 GMT
#34
we all buy playboy for the journalism DUH MICRO DUH

:O
Straylight
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada706 Posts
May 22 2009 23:02 GMT
#35
On May 23 2009 07:49 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 07:48 ghermination wrote:
I almost want to have this done just to see what its like, it seems utterly horrifying.

It seems extremely easy to do (not that I recommend it). You put a rag over your nose, and pour water on it...


With the technique so easy to do and videos readily available on youtube I'm expecting to hear about some poor suburban kid getting waterboarded by his classmates in the near future
It felt like gravity.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
May 22 2009 23:03 GMT
#36
On May 23 2009 07:49 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I went into it thinking "I can do that easily."

Then I watched it.. had it explained etc.. now I KNOW I could not take that very long at all. I have a huge fear of drowning
Same, when I saw the video of Mancow being waterboarded I was thinking "damn...that looks easy", then after hearing about how he felt during it and his reaction afterwards...shit seems horrifying now.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
May 22 2009 23:05 GMT
#37
On May 23 2009 08:02 Straylight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 07:49 micronesia wrote:
On May 23 2009 07:48 ghermination wrote:
I almost want to have this done just to see what its like, it seems utterly horrifying.

It seems extremely easy to do (not that I recommend it). You put a rag over your nose, and pour water on it...


With the technique so easy to do and videos readily available on youtube I'm expecting to hear about some poor suburban kid getting waterboarded by his classmates in the near future


yeah i had the same feeling. someone is going to say 'i can do that' and ....
:O
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
May 22 2009 23:08 GMT
#38
haha that mancow guy was a pussy
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-22 23:11:38
May 22 2009 23:10 GMT
#39
If it's not torture, then can teachers do it to students? Parents to kids?

If the democrats have a majority, maybe they could vote to have every member of congress waterboarded once.

And are there any contrary waterboarding experience videos?
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
May 22 2009 23:12 GMT
#40
On May 23 2009 08:10 igotmyown wrote:
If it's not torture, then can teachers do it to students? Parents to kids?

If the democrats have a majority, maybe they could vote to have every member of congress waterboarded once.

And are there any contrary waterboarding experience videos?


i've never heard of one. i'd love it if sean hannity tried to make one.
:O
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1027
TKL 383
IndyStarCraft 252
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1027
ByuN 416
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 252
Reynor 162
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50637
Calm 2712
Shuttle 436
actioN 160
firebathero 120
Mini 62
Mong 38
soO 21
Rock 18
Aegong 15
[ Show more ]
Pusan 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 5
White-Ra 3
Dota 2
Gorgc10975
Counter-Strike
fl0m5950
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2328
Liquid`Hasu418
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2000
FrodaN1315
B2W.Neo702
olofmeister479
Khaldor468
KnowMe318
crisheroes178
Livibee174
ToD91
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick358
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 35
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 4
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach72
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1616
Other Games
• imaqtpie755
• Shiphtur587
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 9m
OSC
5h 9m
Replay Cast
5h 9m
OSC
18h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.