• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6452 users

Conservatives Waterboarded - Voluntarily. - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
x89titan
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Philippines1130 Posts
May 23 2009 01:46 GMT
#61
so its basically a cheaper way of drowning someone without turning them upside down or requiring a whole pool of water and bricks tied to the ankles so they would sink and drown. i thought they would just drip water on them instead of pour it. or is that something else?
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul, when at the cross the Savior made me whole
Disintegrate
Profile Joined April 2009
United States182 Posts
May 23 2009 01:52 GMT
#62
it's probably torturous due to the liquid viscosity and surface tension of water, being that it's so thick compared to most other substances

try "milkboarding" or "colaboarding" or some shit like that, and the consequences will be less grave.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 02:30 GMT
#63
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
keV.
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3214 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 02:44:53
May 23 2009 02:44 GMT
#64
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?



hahahaha. 10/10
"brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakesman
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
May 23 2009 02:50 GMT
#65
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


I would be willing to bet that you would be an absolute pussy. I'd LOVE to see you waterboarded. You wouldn't last 5 seconds.

Do you think the people in the videos in this thread knew that they wouldn't actually drown? Yes they did. They know exactly what you know, but look at them bail after seconds and STILL talk about the fear they experienced.
BW4Life!
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 02:52:40
May 23 2009 02:52 GMT
#66
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


MUCH easier said than done.

Lets start a TL donation account for this guy
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 02:53 GMT
#67
On May 23 2009 11:50 Wohmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 11:30 Aegraen wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:33 MoRe_mInErAls wrote:
On May 23 2009 10:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
It's a damn good thing nobody offered me $1000 per second to be waterboarded. I would certainly die.

Hey is anybody else surprised neither of these guys could last longer than 3 seconds? I mean, even if their air supply were completely eliminated, I don't understand how they only lasted that long.

It does make me want to try. I promise to record and post it if I do, but only if you bastards promise to rate it 5/5. =D


With adequate proof that it is you, I will literally pay you $100 for every second above 5 seconds you are waterboarded


I'll do it.

Its about a state of mind more than anything else. The intention when you are waterboarded is not to kill you. It is to extract information. Once you know this you can last as long as your will is there. Most of us in the military have epicly fucking huge wills.

How much is in your bank account?


I would be willing to bet that you would be an absolute pussy. I'd LOVE to see you waterboarded. You wouldn't last 5 seconds.

Do you think the people in the videos in this thread knew that they wouldn't actually drown? Yes they did. They know exactly what you know, but look at them bail after seconds and STILL talk about the fear they experienced.


I'm sure they also haven't been put through numerous other things that, us in the military endure all the time. You see, my job entails more than getting behind a mic every day.

"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Straylight
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada706 Posts
May 23 2009 02:54 GMT
#68
Alright dude, we get it.

You're in the military and you think you're a bad ass.
It felt like gravity.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 02:55 GMT
#69
On May 23 2009 11:54 Straylight wrote:
Alright dude, we get it.

You're in the military and you think you're a bad ass.


I'm just pointing out my routine is a bit more stressful than most hence the higher threshold.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Straylight
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada706 Posts
May 23 2009 02:58 GMT
#70
On May 23 2009 11:55 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2009 11:54 Straylight wrote:
Alright dude, we get it.

You're in the military and you think you're a bad ass.


I'm just pointing out my routine is a bit more stressful than most hence the higher threshold.


Bad ass.
It felt like gravity.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 03:04:51
May 23 2009 03:02 GMT
#71
Why does anybody even listen to Hannity; hell this is the same guy that thinks Halloween is a liberal holiday and that it is used to teach our kids to ask for handouts. I mean seriously...

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 03:12 GMT
#72
On May 23 2009 12:02 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Why does anybody even listen to Hannity; hell this is the same guy that thinks Halloween is a liberal holiday and that it is used to teach our kids to ask for handouts. I mean seriously...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7txuBLv0Z8


/facepalm. The only person I watch on Fox is Glenn Beck, though Hannity's radio program isn't *that* bad I like the 'ask the person on the street' stuff. Pretty eye opening.

I ask the same question. Why does anybody even listen to Olbermann and Maddow?

I'm more of a Mark Levin and Glenn Beck type of guy.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
May 23 2009 03:16 GMT
#73
Hannity is such a bitch. He claims that waterboarding isn't torture and that he would do it from the troops families, but never goes through with it. Keith Olbermann calls him out on it and says he'll pay him an inordinate sum of money but Hannity doesn't even respond. It's astonishing how people who have no idea what they are talking about can spew nonsense simply because they are on a prominent station. It's like males being against abortion.

Glenn Beck is a bit of a douchecanoe as well. 9/12? "I fear for my country" and the forced tears? What utter nonsense.
Sullifam
uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
May 23 2009 03:24 GMT
#74
That is so scary >.>. Man drowning is one of the worst ways imaginable to die T_T
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
May 23 2009 03:25 GMT
#75
This is probably a pretty stupid question, but couldn't you just hold your breath while they do it? I suppose you couldn't if they did it to you for twenty minutes, but it seems like they'd have to say to these people who do it for the experience, "alright, now you have to INHALE when we pour the water on your face."
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
May 23 2009 03:28 GMT
#76
On May 23 2009 12:16 ghostWriter wrote:
Hannity is such a bitch. He claims that waterboarding isn't torture and that he would do it from the troops families, but never goes through with it. Keith Olbermann calls him out on it and says he'll pay him an inordinate sum of money but Hannity doesn't even respond. It's astonishing how people who have no idea what they are talking about can spew nonsense simply because they are on a prominent station. It's like males being against abortion.

Glenn Beck is a bit of a douchecanoe as well. 9/12? "I fear for my country" and the forced tears? What utter nonsense.




Oh yes, these are the worst 'people in the world'. Where on that list is Fidel Castro, Kim Jong-Il, ad infinitum dictators and add in those responsible for genocide (Darfur). Nope...not those guys. His side buddies buddies with those guys.

I think the ultimate torture for me, would strap me down and watch MSNBC for 12 hours. I think I'd rather shoot myself.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 03:38:20
May 23 2009 03:34 GMT
#77
His "best people in the world" also aren't. oh noez!

You aren't one of those people who think Colbert is a conservative are you?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Pawsom
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States928 Posts
May 23 2009 03:38 GMT
#78
On May 23 2009 12:25 Ancestral wrote:
This is probably a pretty stupid question, but couldn't you just hold your breath while they do it? I suppose you couldn't if they did it to you for twenty minutes, but it seems like they'd have to say to these people who do it for the experience, "alright, now you have to INHALE when we pour the water on your face."


The method involved triggers the gag reflex immediately. You're trying to breathe from the go.

And to the people saying there is no risk to the participant, you're wrong. Oxygen deprivation can occur, and if you dont think theres risk in that- I don't know what to tell you.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
May 23 2009 03:44 GMT
#79
Whoa, that's scary as hell... Especially the fact that you can't do anything about it, and have no idea what's going to come.

I mean your heart rate must already be insanely just out of anticipation and fear, not to mention the fact that you're being drowned. Definitely torture in my book.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-23 03:59:31
May 23 2009 03:56 GMT
#80
This makes me sick to my stomach. America is an incredible country with so many great aspects.

But the thought that we did this just makes me sick.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.