• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:05
CEST 21:05
KST 04:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

WCG Ultimate Gamer: Tuesday 10pm (EST) WATCH IT - Page 117

Forum Index > General Forum
2917 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 146 Next
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
April 04 2009 15:00 GMT
#2321
All the little things they do to throw others off balance and cause chaos were interesting, this show gets quite interesting.

Too bad inc got eliminated, he did well so far in real life challenges and decently in isolation.
DDR and similar games arent easy if you have no previous experience, it's not a matter of a day or two, expecially when the difficulty is raised to higher levels.

I don't understand though why didn't they pick In The Groove or some other dance game with percentual scoring based on step accuracy (amount of perfect, good etc.) instead of the one they actually chose.

Did everyone really play it with basic settings? Didn't they even allow the changing? (1x speed makes the game seem and feel so slow and makes it harder to spot the steps in tight places)

Well, hope they bring in some more interesting games in following episodes and I really hope they would somehow work on the elimination and isolation challenge format a bit more, as it would be much more interesting seeing the players face off in fighting game (for example) every other player without knowing who is playing and when, and calculate the total wins etc.
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
April 05 2009 21:28 GMT
#2322
Sorry I am so lagging behing but I was just able to finish watching the last episode.

On April 01 2009 14:14 Amnesty wrote:
Throwing games is dirty in any tournament. I lose respect for anyone throwing games on purpose. Its not cool ever. And WCG seems to get more sandbagging than anyone for whatever reason. So stop bitching about Ciji she made the right the choice.


I agree. On the one hand, I was hoping she'd do it due to Geoff, on the other hand it would really undermine the whole competition and might be even penalized. So I am glad she did not do it although I am a sad panda now that iNc is gone from the show.

On April 01 2009 15:29 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
sorry guys

I think I represented gaming well and that was my ultimate goal. DDR is like literally the worst game for me imaginable.. they didn't show me explain why but I can tell you as a trained athlete the idea of doing anything flat footed is beyond comprehension. I had never played it before that show and I certainly wasn't going to pick it up in 1 day.

There was a LOT more going on but that is another story.

PS: I told CIJI not to throw the match. I told her it was too risky and something I'd never do so I don't know if that made her decide or not but I have no anger towards her at all.


Spoken with integrity. Thumbs up. It is really unfortunate that I was literally rolling on the floor laughing the first half of the show, especially during the real life challenge. Then it all went downhill lol.

On April 02 2009 02:52 Athena PMS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2009 02:38 Famehunter wrote:
On April 02 2009 02:17 Athena PMS wrote:
You might not agree with the structure but this show is representing competitive gaming, even if it doesn't live up the ideals we have about it.

When I think e-sport, I think about something completely different then what you see in this show... What is there to e-sports in this show besides the candidates past history?


[...]

This show can only help us in the end. Help bring attention, money, and more people through the door that will help grow this sport. Yes I understand what you see is not what professional gamers would consider a sport but I promise it will help YOU all in the end if it is successful and more seasons come. How many things created around this industry actually help and give power to the GAMERS on a mainstream level? Not many that I know.

Anyway, stepping off my soap box!


Quoting Robert's catchphrase, "this is a definite." Grow the industry first, then debate about competitive gaming - and there is a lot of funding needed to raise awareness and professionalize gaming and e-sports.

On April 03 2009 04:50 StarSlay3r wrote:
My decision to not throw the match came from a discussion with Geoff and his words "it's my time" So please don't hassle me over this. Geoff I wouldn't risk losing $100k if I didn't care about you... I hate how everyone is giving me shit for this...

The "I did what I had to do" was to scare the crap outta dante thinking I DID fail and to let geoff know I DIDN'T. Dantes response "oh I wonder what THAT means... whatever... I know what you're doing"

Seriously guys... I looked out for Geoff as much as I could. He said what he did and I made my move accordingly... in another forum a great point was brought up... what if I failed... came in last and swoozie picked geoff to go against me. Seriously guys... there was not any SAFE way of doing this unless Jamal was 100% going to win.


You do not deserve shit because of your decision. It was perfectly legitimate and who knew what would have happened if you had indeed failed on purpose.

On April 03 2009 04:54 StarSlay3r wrote:
[...]

Also I did help Geoff, and so did Robert. It's called EDITING ppl.... just like how they made it out like Jamal trained alone on PGR4... notice that chair next to him? Yeah I was sitting there and must have walked off to go to the bathroom or something for that shot. The editing goes according to the Story that they want to portray.... don't believe EVERYTHING you say and hear.


This cannot be stressed enough. In EVERY reality show, the editing distorts perception and is used to portray people and behavior in a certain way. Furthermore, the show only has 43 minutes air time, so some things have to be cut out eventually.

Ok, enough quoting, haha. Anyway, I will continue to watch the show and hope there will be entertaining episodes ahead.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
April 05 2009 21:52 GMT
#2323
Honestly, I thought all the gamers were cool so far. Or at least the representations of them that Sci Fi editors have given us.

Jamal is the least likable in my opinion, so I would like to see him next. I was bummed about Kelly's early exit. I thought JD was pretty lame, so I am glad he left first.

Right now, I am rooting for Ciji or Dante.
Carbon FC
MannerKiss
Profile Joined June 2003
United States2398 Posts
April 05 2009 21:53 GMT
#2324
On April 04 2009 07:01 Athena PMS wrote:
Hey guys, THIS POLL is a tad silly, but I figured I would link so you could go show your support of Geoff. He only has ONE vote, and I know that this community would kill it and I don't like seeing him there with only one hehe!

I know it might be abusing the power of teamliquid, but I think this poll needs to be made into a new topic. I really really want to see Geoff win, especially because I feel if he gets enough support he may be invited back to do other things, and allow him to further represent us .
I want an igloo.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 05 2009 22:03 GMT
#2325
On April 04 2009 07:01 Athena PMS wrote:
Hey guys, THIS POLL is a tad silly, but I figured I would link so you could go show your support of Geoff. He only has ONE vote, and I know that this community would kill it and I don't like seeing him there with only one hehe!


Voted.

What the hell is this, Geoff only has 22 votes. Need to prove that TL community > all their communities, go vote nubs ;o

But yeah I'm not gonna keep watching this show now that Geoff is gone =[
TranslatorBaa!
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 05 2009 22:36 GMT
#2326
voted a while ago on that scifi link :O
Life?
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-05 22:40:48
April 05 2009 22:38 GMT
#2327
me too. i'm gonna go ahead and sign up another email address lol

tied with Amy!
thoraxe
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1449 Posts
April 05 2009 23:06 GMT
#2328
Just wanted to point out that IGN also did an interview with Inc. and here is the link:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/968/968558p1.html

Should shed some light on Inc's perspective.
Obama singing "Kick Ass" Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghFBt-fXmw&feature=player_embedde
jeremycafe
Profile Joined March 2009
United States354 Posts
April 06 2009 03:09 GMT
#2329
On April 04 2009 19:34 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2009 11:37 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
On April 04 2009 07:22 Klive5ive wrote:
On April 04 2009 07:01 Athena PMS wrote:
Hey guys, THIS POLL is a tad silly, but I figured I would link so you could go show your support of Geoff. He only has ONE vote, and I know that this community would kill it and I don't like seeing him there with only one hehe!

Hahaha, a poll with only 45 votes total?... posting that on TL isn't even fair!

Having just watched the last episode, I thought it was really good. The dance competition was very funny and the rest was alright.
Tbh Geoff you didn't really deserve to get any further, you were consistently poor in all the games up to that point.
By definition you can't be an "all-around gamer" and suck at all console games. I mean I rate PC gaming much higher like a lot of people on this forum, but I played consoles a lot as a kid and I still appreciate them.

The show is still entertaining and I reckon I'm going to keep watching it, albeit a little less enthusiastically.


It isn't particularly revolutionary information to say "I didn't deserve to go further" no shit.. that was why I lost.

I don't suck at all console games.. I suck at those games. And that is fine.. please don't think you are saying anything worth mentioning.

I'm not saying anything revolutionary... but you are?
Summarising my post is very revolutionary, would read again, well done.

You just sound like a poor loser.


He sounds like a poor loser? Or it sounds like he just said he knew he lost for a reason and that you are pretty much a scumbag for trying to talk crap.

You are an idiot.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
April 06 2009 03:34 GMT
#2330
On April 04 2009 07:22 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2009 07:01 Athena PMS wrote:
Hey guys, THIS POLL is a tad silly, but I figured I would link so you could go show your support of Geoff. He only has ONE vote, and I know that this community would kill it and I don't like seeing him there with only one hehe!

Hahaha, a poll with only 45 votes total?... posting that on TL isn't even fair!

Having just watched the last episode, I thought it was really good. The dance competition was very funny and the rest was alright.
Tbh Geoff you didn't really deserve to get any further, you were consistently poor in all the games up to that point.
By definition you can't be an "all-around gamer" and suck at all console games. I mean I rate PC gaming much higher like a lot of people on this forum, but I played consoles a lot as a kid and I still appreciate them.

The show is still entertaining and I reckon I'm going to keep watching it, albeit a little less enthusiastically.

He never claimed he deserved to get farther..?
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 06 2009 05:22 GMT
#2331
On April 04 2009 19:34 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2009 11:37 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
On April 04 2009 07:22 Klive5ive wrote:
On April 04 2009 07:01 Athena PMS wrote:
Hey guys, THIS POLL is a tad silly, but I figured I would link so you could go show your support of Geoff. He only has ONE vote, and I know that this community would kill it and I don't like seeing him there with only one hehe!

Hahaha, a poll with only 45 votes total?... posting that on TL isn't even fair!

Having just watched the last episode, I thought it was really good. The dance competition was very funny and the rest was alright.
Tbh Geoff you didn't really deserve to get any further, you were consistently poor in all the games up to that point.
By definition you can't be an "all-around gamer" and suck at all console games. I mean I rate PC gaming much higher like a lot of people on this forum, but I played consoles a lot as a kid and I still appreciate them.

The show is still entertaining and I reckon I'm going to keep watching it, albeit a little less enthusiastically.


It isn't particularly revolutionary information to say "I didn't deserve to go further" no shit.. that was why I lost.

I don't suck at all console games.. I suck at those games. And that is fine.. please don't think you are saying anything worth mentioning.

I'm not saying anything revolutionary... but you are?
Summarising my post is very revolutionary, would read again, well done.

You just sound like a poor loser.


I didn't summarize your post. You didn't say anything about my skill in the other games I wasn't able to play making my post unique and separate from a summary alone.

I don't sound like a poor loser at all.. I said "no shit" in response to your "you didn't deserve to go on" which means I fucking agree with you in accepting my defeat. In fact if you read ANY of my posts I simply state I regret not being able to showcase my prowess in other games.. a natural woe after losing in a multi activity competition.

Put your lil troll stick away for a second and just accept the fact that you said something unnecessary and (if anything) ignorant.
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 05:26:09
April 06 2009 05:25 GMT
#2332
Watched the first episode but slacked off on the rest. I'm starting to catch up on the episodes even though it appears that DDR took you out Just saw the Virtua Fighter episode, shame to see kelly go, she seemed like a really fun person.

Really nice looking tattoos by the way, and great job representing the TL community.

Any word on there being a reunion episode or something where we'll get to see you on tv again? or does that go against your contract if you reveal any of that info.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 06 2009 05:26 GMT
#2333
I can say you will get to see me on TV again via this show.. as for how/what capacity I cannot say!

Thanks for the comments on my tats.. I really love them and it is nice to hear others appreciate them as well.
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
April 06 2009 05:37 GMT
#2334
what's your plan now? you gonna go back to training for SC/other gaming tournies? try to do more stuff with TV? try to bench press a car?
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 06 2009 05:45 GMT
#2335
http://www.myspace.com/cerberusarms

Dante's myspace. I ran into it through that SCI-Fi poll thingy. HE works for blizzard BTW o_o
Life?
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
April 06 2009 05:47 GMT
#2336
On April 06 2009 14:37 AtlaS wrote:
what's your plan now? you gonna go back to training for SC/other gaming tournies? try to do more stuff with TV? try to bench press a car?


training for wcg (scbw), going to do more tv stuff and powerlifting is my hobby
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
April 06 2009 06:04 GMT
#2337
I just watched the rest of the episodes I missed. Sucks that you got shit on having to do 2 out of 3 games you showed to not be very strong in. (DDR and Rock Band) I'm kind of wrapped up in the show now so I'll probably finish it out regardless. It also seems people are all very emotional in the house. Aside from maybe Robert who has that sort of robot composure.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
poingy
Profile Joined November 2007
United States59 Posts
April 06 2009 06:11 GMT
#2338
On April 06 2009 14:26 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I can say you will get to see me on TV again via this show.. as for how/what capacity I cannot say!



I hope this isn't a tease, and you're referring to more than just the intro song shots of you.


there may be one more episode worth watching after all!
weaksauce
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
369 Posts
April 06 2009 06:19 GMT
#2339
On April 06 2009 14:45 ShoCkeyy wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/cerberusarms

Dante's myspace. I ran into it through that SCI-Fi poll thingy. HE works for blizzard BTW o_o



OH NO, Airsoft pics!

I can hear it already.."i have airsoft experience"
even if he DID detect penis - cubEdin
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 06:52:41
April 06 2009 06:51 GMT
#2340
edit: oh yeah, i forgot that i'm way behind. i forgot that i was watching a marathon. I'm sure you guys have already beat the shit out of this dead horse so no reason to bring it up again
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 430
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 106
Railgan 49
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 597
420jenkins422
Counter-Strike
fl0m4098
Fnx 678
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3654
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2066
summit1g1450
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo413
Livibee194
C9.Mang0146
TKL 102
QueenE77
ToD71
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason18
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3016
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• Shiphtur1369
• imaqtpie744
• WagamamaTV338
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 55m
Patches Events
20h 55m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.