• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9040 users

WCG Ultimate Gamer: Tuesday 10pm (EST) WATCH IT - Page 118

Forum Index > General Forum
2917 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 146 Next
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
April 06 2009 07:05 GMT
#2341
On April 06 2009 15:51 AtlaS wrote:
edit: oh yeah, i forgot that i'm way behind. i forgot that i was watching a marathon. I'm sure you guys have already beat the shit out of this dead horse so no reason to bring it up again

beat away;)
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
April 06 2009 07:21 GMT
#2342
Well I was channel surfing and this show was on. (I guess they do reruns on sundays?) Bummer Inc got eliminated. Was doing pretty good getting an early lead till I guess it all slowly fell apart =/ he left the stadium with a good attitude though
XK ßubonic
Pellucidity
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Netherlands377 Posts
April 06 2009 09:29 GMT
#2343
Just saw episode 4. How lame. I see no point in watching any further as none of them are actually gamers >_> Silly WCG Ultimate Gamer contestants, console games are for kids.
"NO MUCH. WHY ARE YOUR SCARABS SO STUPID" - Tasteless
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
April 06 2009 17:16 GMT
#2344
Well, I mean DDR? Come on...
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
April 06 2009 17:34 GMT
#2345
On April 06 2009 14:26 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I can say you will get to see me on TV again via this show.. as for how/what capacity I cannot say!



Maybe you can instead say when you will make an appearance of any sort? (if not publicly, pm! )


"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
April 06 2009 17:49 GMT
#2346
On April 06 2009 14:45 ShoCkeyy wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/cerberusarms

Dante's myspace. I ran into it through that SCI-Fi poll thingy. HE works for blizzard BTW o_o


Maybe he's gametesting SC2 alpha (or internal beta wherever the hell it stands right now) as we speak!
Complete the cycle!
Tetris
Profile Joined January 2009
United States36 Posts
April 06 2009 17:59 GMT
#2347
Voted.
Nuke inc
TheRecliner
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden103 Posts
April 06 2009 18:30 GMT
#2348
I was pretty dissapointed by this show, since the SciFi channel's definition has nothing to do with my own. If they pick a racing game... why not pick Forza 2 which is far superior to all the arcade crap out there? If they pick a fighting game... why not pick Tekken? On top of that you have what I'd call family games or the like. When they get to FPS I'm sure they will go with Halo (obviously using a gamepad) over a game like UT2K4 with mouse and keyboard.

Equally surprising is the contestants feeble ability to play these games. The show implies that you have (I'm not sure about the actual time) one day to practice for these games. And then seeing uhm... the guy constantly calling out Dante, who has "fighting games" as his specialty, not get past level 3 against the AI in VF, and barely beating Dante one on one in it. It all seems random and theres no impressive skill set to be seen. Of course the editing plays its part here. You see what they decide to show you, and if theres someone fantastic at something they havent really shown it. Only thing that made me go "not bad" was Robert getting 80-something-K at the Offspring song, but Im assuming he was playing on expert which may not have been the case. A show like this should make you go "wow, these guys are good" but it doesnt.

The format dictates that the loser of a round leaves the competetition. Geoff was booted out cause of Dance Dance Revolution. I just simply cant grasp the idea of a possible "ultimate gamer" losing the chance at recieving the honors due to being bad at DDR.

Geoff: Your most impressive feat was to give the impression of an honest and nice guy. That is a fantastic achievement in a reality show. Too bad you didnt get the chance to show off your SC skills but hey, judging by the show there would be no chance in hell of that happening.
WeakTuna
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada71 Posts
April 06 2009 20:24 GMT
#2349
We want more pc game, pretty much all those gamers in the Show are only console user and it make me sad.
JuggaloChaz
Profile Joined March 2009
United States18 Posts
April 07 2009 06:33 GMT
#2350
i was rooting for you inc, sad to see ya go. And on IRC when i made a joke about the bicep and asked if it was real you said yes and i was like "meh whatever dude on the internet"(in my head) then i saw you on tv and was like ZOMGWTFJESUS
I named my kitten gosu. I am that nerdy.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
April 07 2009 07:00 GMT
#2351
On April 06 2009 15:11 poingy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 14:26 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I can say you will get to see me on TV again via this show.. as for how/what capacity I cannot say!



I hope this isn't a tease, and you're referring to more than just the intro song shots of you.


there may be one more episode worth watching after all!

Anyone notice how the brought past champions on to help people with games?
That only can mean one thing. Kespa bought SciFi and the final challenge is a REAL game.
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-07 22:33:39
April 07 2009 22:33 GMT
#2352
I forget... what game is it this week? 3.5 hours away...
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
April 07 2009 22:35 GMT
#2353
On April 08 2009 07:33 EscPlan9 wrote:
I forget... what game is it this week? 3.5 hours away...


Halo 3
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
April 07 2009 22:58 GMT
#2354
On April 07 2009 03:30 TheRecliner wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I was pretty dissapointed by this show, since the SciFi channel's definition has nothing to do with my own. If they pick a racing game... why not pick Forza 2 which is far superior to all the arcade crap out there? If they pick a fighting game... why not pick Tekken? On top of that you have what I'd call family games or the like. When they get to FPS I'm sure they will go with Halo (obviously using a gamepad) over a game like UT2K4 with mouse and keyboard.

Equally surprising is the contestants feeble ability to play these games. The show implies that you have (I'm not sure about the actual time) one day to practice for these games. And then seeing uhm... the guy constantly calling out Dante, who has "fighting games" as his specialty, not get past level 3 against the AI in VF, and barely beating Dante one on one in it. It all seems random and theres no impressive skill set to be seen. Of course the editing plays its part here. You see what they decide to show you, and if theres someone fantastic at something they havent really shown it. Only thing that made me go "not bad" was Robert getting 80-something-K at the Offspring song, but Im assuming he was playing on expert which may not have been the case. A show like this should make you go "wow, these guys are good" but it doesnt.

The format dictates that the loser of a round leaves the competetition. Geoff was booted out cause of Dance Dance Revolution. I just simply cant grasp the idea of a possible "ultimate gamer" losing the chance at recieving the honors due to being bad at DDR.

Geoff: Your most impressive feat was to give the impression of an honest and nice guy. That is a fantastic achievement in a reality show. Too bad you didnt get the chance to show off your SC skills but hey, judging by the show there would be no chance in hell of that happening.


Yes, the show has so many flaws in that way. But it is just a reality show in a gaming setting, nothing more. The format people get eliminated is the way it is to create more drama. The games chosen are some new flashy games to attract more viewers. Imagine the show with a better elimination system, Starcraft, Quake, WC3, CS, Street Fighter, Chess and Poker and actualy skilled people. I guess a rhythm and a racing game too, because it is about all around gamer, but DDR AND Rock Band in the first 4 weeks?
The only one actualy fitting the all-around gamer is in my opinion Dante. But then again we haven't seen too much of actual gameplay and they haven't been playing any RTS/FPS, which are the most important genres in gaming. It kinda makes sense that they dodge these genres, since they only play console games all the time.

Geoff just got booted out in a game he never played, but that just means he is not really an all-around gamer. Sure, he would win the RTS week with his feet, but in the first 4 games he really wasn't good. If I may quote teh_masterer from Pure Pwnage : "if one wants to really pwn, one must pwn at every game".
What really amused me were that they thought Geoff would be slow at that martial arts competition, because he is big. They don't know anything about sports :D. He is a body builder, that means he is also a sprinter. He is strong and fast. Didn't suprise me that he mowed through those boards.
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
April 07 2009 23:08 GMT
#2355
So far there were:
1. Rock Band
2. Virtua Figher 5
3. Project Gotham racing
4. DDR

and 5. will be Halo

Next game guesses:
6. Fifa
7. Halo Wars
8. Singstar
9. Call of Duty (on console ofc)
10. C&C3 (on xbox, what else?)

Then they will have 2 people left, which will go into an epic battle of Wii fit, to decide who the ultimate gamer is.
Athena PMS
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
April 08 2009 00:24 GMT
#2356
I know a lot of you said you will no longer watch the show, but I have to ask that you still tune in as they say the ratings are looking good and I continue to hear whispers of a second season. I REALLY feel this IS important to help keep mainstream attention to gaming, and hope that you will continue to support it so that future seasons can happen, with future games, and hopefully more hardcore competitive elements.

This is one way more money can continue to be brought into this sport, you have to see this especially with so many leagues dropping like flies. Maybe mainstream sponsors will see/hear about this and bring their dollars into the leagues and tournaments and other gaming related events. So please tune in tonight and for the remaining episodes and support the potential positive impact in gaming in general since Geoff isn't there anymore!
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
April 08 2009 01:14 GMT
#2357
I wasn't gonna watch anymore, but I got sucked in to the show. It's like I got to know the people, and I want to see what happens.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 08 2009 01:25 GMT
#2358
On April 08 2009 10:14 Megalisk wrote:
I wasn't gonna watch anymore, but I got sucked in to the show. It's like I got to know the people, and I want to see what happens.


Same. I wasn't intending to watch it this week, but I've already got the channel open...
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
April 08 2009 01:27 GMT
#2359
Someone is going to have to leave and they will bring Inc back in to win it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
April 08 2009 01:28 GMT
#2360
On April 07 2009 02:34 Schnake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 14:26 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I can say you will get to see me on TV again via this show.. as for how/what capacity I cannot say!



Maybe you can instead say when you will make an appearance of any sort? (if not publicly, pm! )




later in the season they are going to have a show where all the remaining contestands vote to bring one booted off member back. then they will pick Geoff and he will once again crush them!
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1515
RotterdaM980
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1515
RotterdaM 980
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC 183
MaxPax 180
RuFF_SC2 105
ZombieGrub78
UpATreeSC 77
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2728
Shuttle 502
Dewaltoss 114
910 68
Mind 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m3833
pashabiceps1197
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu693
Other Games
Grubby4244
summit1g1775
Beastyqt756
shahzam472
mouzStarbuck423
ToD199
C9.Mang0157
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 202
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade303
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h
Afreeca Starleague
14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.