• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:26
CEST 07:26
KST 14:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7746 users

PURGE 2008: A month of posting behaviour evaluated - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 Next All
ShloobeR
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Korea (South)3851 Posts
July 05 2008 10:26 GMT
#81
Uhr... 6 I guess?

I usually post most doing the odd LR.
: o )
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
July 05 2008 10:26 GMT
#82
On July 05 2008 18:14 Hittegods wrote:
6 I guess, too many one-liners. I do however never flame, and sometimes I try to make more than basic jokes. I used to do some live reporting as well.


5/10 unfortunately. You have only made one post in your last 50 that isn't a one liner. As you say, you never flame and you occasionally make some cute jokes, but you can really just try to put a touch more effort into your posts. I don't expect people to always write essays, or make posts that contribute to the thread even, sometimes just participating in the community is fine. But if you just participate, try to participate with fewer one-line or even one word comments.
Moderator
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
July 05 2008 10:26 GMT
#83
7.5, im not the most informative guy, and sometimes my posts are useless, but i avoid one liners out of topics like "high thread" and try to always state my opinion in a clear friendly manner.

When theres something i can say to help, ill do, but most of the times im in too much of a rush to make super elaborate posts.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
July 05 2008 10:32 GMT
#84
6/10
apart from the gfx i usually post 1 liners and useless crap
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
July 05 2008 10:33 GMT
#85
Just so that you guys know, I don't have the power to ban, so just because I rate you ban-worthy doesn't mean you will get banned. What it does mean is that you might get banned by another staff member, and that you should work on your posting a bit. All in all, the job of the purge is to improve the quality of posting, not to decrease the number of posters, and this thread is specfically aimed at that- it gives you a chance to come clean about your bad posting habits, and say that you will improve.

If we feel that you need an official reprimand for your posting quality, then we might give you a few days of not-posting, otherwise we'll let you go with just a warning. All in all, we'd just like to see more quality posting.
Moderator
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 05 2008 10:35 GMT
#86
Probably about 8.5 imo
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 10:48:39
July 05 2008 10:37 GMT
#87
6 or so im not sure, I do the proleauge threads and LR some of the time, apart from that i just do ALOT of one liners but dont insult people
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
July 05 2008 10:40 GMT
#88
Question: In which forums is quality the most important to the site keepers? Maybe you could rate them in order.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
July 05 2008 10:41 GMT
#89
Do you only evaluate posts of people that rate themselves 5.5 and below? You made an exception for glyo I guess, but I'm sitting here, pressing F5 because I'm eager to read what you think of me
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4130 Posts
July 05 2008 10:43 GMT
#90
On July 05 2008 19:40 HeadBangaa wrote:
Question: In which forums is quality the most important to the site keepers? Maybe you could rate them in order.


Without News/Featured Threads/Replays

Tournaments
Broodwar
Strategy/SC2 - cannot differ they both are therorycrafting in general
General
Sport and Games
Blogs
Drone is a way of living
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
July 05 2008 10:44 GMT
#91
6-7 I hope. A majority of my posts are found in the sports/games section (I do play BW and I follow the pro-scene, though!) and they vary from in-depth to rather short. But I don't think I ever really post anything *useless* per se, and I don't really remember any "ROFL" <-- end post sort of things.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
0z
Profile Joined August 2006
Luxembourg877 Posts
July 05 2008 10:47 GMT
#92
On July 05 2008 19:32 alffla wrote:
6/10
apart from the gfx i usually post 1 liners and useless crap

you can say so much with one line
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 05 2008 10:50 GMT
#93
On July 05 2008 19:43 fLyiNgDroNe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 19:40 HeadBangaa wrote:
Question: In which forums is quality the most important to the site keepers? Maybe you could rate them in order.


Without News/Featured Threads/Replays

Tournaments
Broodwar
Strategy/SC2 - cannot differ they both are therorycrafting in general
General
Sport and Games
Blogs
I disagree, you can tell the quality of the poster by the quality of his blog imo
Of course there are exceptions, but its always a good sign of the poster
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
qet
Profile Joined May 2007
Australia245 Posts
July 05 2008 10:55 GMT
#94
On July 05 2008 17:35 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 17:17 Beyonder wrote:

On July 05 2008 00:47 Boblion wrote:
Haha stfu wurst.


On July 01 2008 10:59 Boblion wrote:
On July 01 2008 02:49 NotSorry wrote:
Pking is fun and much harder than this mod. East Hcl FTW!


Yea using hack to pk is fun.
Seriously stfu.


Definitely room for improvement, and those were just your latest posts. Elaborate and don't insult so much or you won't last here. 5.5


Mmm sorry, but well i was a bit angry because Notsorry bragged about TPPking in diablo hc mode and it made me angry.

Oh and i was joking with forst, he is a friend. I think my main problem is more one liners than being bm ( you can check my whole post history, you wont find more than 10 "bm" posts. )




ohh yeah TPPK in hardcore makes me angry too

for those of you who dont know, if you die in hardcore, your character is GG - cannot be used ever again; tppk is a hack that lets you quickly hostile a player and then enter a tp to kill them.

imagine playing months to build your char to then have some punk kill it - not even in a fair duel!
its just outright vandalism and I despise people who gain pleasure from doing it.

my point is, i agree with your mild putdown of "stfu" to that hacker - he deserves more
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
July 05 2008 10:56 GMT
#95
6? The only reason I made an account after lurking for a very long time was to be able to thank people who make my gaming/entertainment better in some way. I don't post often enough, as I feel I just don't have any original or worthy to contributions to make.
Stimin myself on a daily basis
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 10:59:58
July 05 2008 10:58 GMT
#96
I evaluate myself as 6 to 8. I usually lurk, but recently I have been posting here and there, giving out advice on strategies, culture and other subjects.

But I would give myself some credit for translating =). I translated the Pusan and am working on ToSsGirl one (which is pretty long).

Oh and I made a thread on a hack scanner that my friend developed. Hope you guys utilize it.
Stuck.
Ghardo
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Germany1685 Posts
July 05 2008 11:01 GMT
#97
I'd say a 6.5.
I did a lot of more or less lengthy posting in the euro cup threads. (last month)
I tend to do one liners sometimes, but they are often compressed versions of long posts i could write.. dunno if i want to change that.

but i definitely want to contribute more in the form of readable and understandable posts for others.
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 11:30:10
July 05 2008 11:12 GMT
#98
7

I usually just lurk in the General and Broodwar categories, and only post when I feel like I need to let someone know that what they did was especially amazing.

In the Tourneys section, I feel that I do a decently good job of keeping people informed and expressing my opinion. I've made two (very nice in my opinion) event threads. I do some live reporting sometimes, and though I may not have much strategical insight, people need to know what's going on.

I find it fun to make reporting threads on events involving my favorite players. Other times, I go and hype or support them, or comment on the latest progaming gossip.

Most importantly though, I never flame. I don't see a point to it- if I see a problem, I keep it to myself. No need to cause chaos.

It feels rather relaxed and carefree.
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 14:11:04
July 05 2008 11:19 GMT
#99
Yeah I'm so screwed. I reckon at least a 5.5/10 for the lack of contribution I put forward, albeit I have a little amount of flames to my belt. I think most of my posts have been thank you's. I think I have 2 warnings for one for the lolcat bible which I found to be an interesting link and just for the fun of it.

I am so screwed.

Oh and zulu? The best posters are the FE writers, translators and nevergg for the photos
I guess I'll stick with VOD watching



*Hides in a hole*

< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
KingFool
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada428 Posts
July 05 2008 11:21 GMT
#100
On July 05 2008 19:50 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 19:43 fLyiNgDroNe wrote:
On July 05 2008 19:40 HeadBangaa wrote:
Question: In which forums is quality the most important to the site keepers? Maybe you could rate them in order.


Without News/Featured Threads/Replays

Tournaments
Broodwar
Strategy/SC2 - cannot differ they both are therorycrafting in general
General
Sport and Games
Blogs
I disagree, you can tell the quality of the poster by the quality of his blog imo
Of course there are exceptions, but its always a good sign of the poster


I disagree in a different way. Tournaments imho should have informative and quality filled posts until the games start perhaps. After that I'd expect things to lighten up quite a bit. I'd hope that people cheer for starcraft games in a similar way to how I would cheer my favorite hockey team or player. Lots of criticism, praise, etc for an all around energy filled thread.
On the other hand Strategy/SC2 deserve to be near or at the top. Most of the time people are either posting community use full information in these forums, or asking for help. In either event the "OP" and the posts following suit should have quality emphasized.
(I guess I'm writing this to try and fix my flaws)

Strategy/SC2: For the reasons I previously mentioned.
General: Not the typical general forum found on most sites, and not the same general thread I think it used to be. Containing a lot of world news or threads such as this one. The tone in here has become more serious.
Broodwar: If you play broodWar this forum seems more like a hang out of sorts. Filled full of geeky little gems I personally cant wait to read.
Tournaments: For the reasons I previously mentioned.
Sport and Games: This is a thread I almost never venture into and have no right to talk about.
Blogs: Although I agree with "you can tell the quality of the poster by the quality of his blog" I still think that a blog should allow uncriticized freedom from scrutiny so long as it's not harmless.
Stimin myself on a daily basis
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 63
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto22
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King305
Other Games
summit1g6246
Coldzera 732
JimRising 615
WinterStarcraft376
C9.Mang0288
PiGStarcraft236
NeuroSwarm140
ViBE11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick639
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 42
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2163
League of Legends
• Lourlo1156
• Rush1084
• Stunt295
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 34m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.