• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8340 users

PURGE 2008: A month of posting behaviour evaluated - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 30 Next All
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
July 05 2008 11:29 GMT
#101
(In response to the talk about the tournaments category).

I feel that event OPs should look professional and look like a lot of thought has been put into them. Teamliquid, as a news site, needs this to step further into this e-sports journalism. The news section has already been thoroughly polished by staff, but some event OPs just look bad.

I understand that, being foreigners, we cannot do much except photoshop and formatting. We simply don't have the luxury of understand Korean and going to the live events. However, I try and add meaningful pictures, statistics, and formatting. At the very least, we can make those threads look neat.
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 05 2008 11:31 GMT
#102
5-6. Most of my posts are short and any "bad" ones are usually not that bad in context. Looking back at my posts they are usual helpful but brief. Not a huge contributor imo.
B1nary
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada1267 Posts
July 05 2008 11:31 GMT
#103
6. I post a lot of one-liners but I don't insult and I do explain rather than dismiss when I'm trying to argue something. I don't really contribute much but I don't think I'm a detrimental factor either so I don't think I deserve a ban.
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
July 05 2008 11:33 GMT
#104
I just looked at my last months posts and it's pretty sad.

But apart from the pgl live reports (which I enjoyed very much), and the mafia game I count ~30 posts last month, none of them very good.

I'm generally nice to people though.

I'll say 5
Enter a Uh
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 05 2008 11:33 GMT
#105
On July 05 2008 20:21 KingFool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 19:50 Plexa wrote:
On July 05 2008 19:43 fLyiNgDroNe wrote:
On July 05 2008 19:40 HeadBangaa wrote:
Question: In which forums is quality the most important to the site keepers? Maybe you could rate them in order.


Without News/Featured Threads/Replays

Tournaments
Broodwar
Strategy/SC2 - cannot differ they both are therorycrafting in general
General
Sport and Games
Blogs
I disagree, you can tell the quality of the poster by the quality of his blog imo
Of course there are exceptions, but its always a good sign of the poster


I disagree in a different way. Tournaments imho should have informative and quality filled posts until the games start perhaps. After that I'd expect things to lighten up quite a bit. I'd hope that people cheer for starcraft games in a similar way to how I would cheer my favorite hockey team or player. Lots of criticism, praise, etc for an all around energy filled thread.
On the other hand Strategy/SC2 deserve to be near or at the top. Most of the time people are either posting community use full information in these forums, or asking for help. In either event the "OP" and the posts following suit should have quality emphasized.
(I guess I'm writing this to try and fix my flaws)

Strategy/SC2: For the reasons I previously mentioned.
General: Not the typical general forum found on most sites, and not the same general thread I think it used to be. Containing a lot of world news or threads such as this one. The tone in here has become more serious.
Broodwar: If you play broodWar this forum seems more like a hang out of sorts. Filled full of geeky little gems I personally cant wait to read.
Tournaments: For the reasons I previously mentioned.
Sport and Games: This is a thread I almost never venture into and have no right to talk about.
Blogs: Although I agree with "you can tell the quality of the poster by the quality of his blog" I still think that a blog should allow uncriticized freedom from scrutiny so long as it's not harmless.
imho tournaments are easily the least respectable places on this forum.. generally the ops are pretty good, not always but generally.. and after that things just become 1 line frenzys with one person reproting and 50 people going "go flash!" "bisu build" etc

While the people who post comments to blogs generally aren't of the highest quality, the blogger themselves give an indication as to how they post

e.g haji's spam blogs, and hajis rather longwinded insightful blogs; match perfectly to his posting habits
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
July 05 2008 11:38 GMT
#106
6-7
I try to read and leave it at that if I don't have anything good to add with a post.
I also try to avoid one liners except in hype threads etc, i.e. "Tushin fighting!"
Some posts I'm proud of, some posts I aint, but I always try to preview them before posting.

survive?
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
Dariush
Profile Joined April 2007
Romania330 Posts
July 05 2008 11:46 GMT
#107
4 I guess...I'm more of a reader.
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
July 05 2008 12:02 GMT
#108
Evaluating ourselves? Cool, well under the TL.net constitution I'd probably say a 5.2 because I've been posting a lot for the last couple of weeks or so because I've been sick. Many of which are short, to the point, general information in some cases to help people out and sometimes add a lil' humour. Mafia thread is always fun
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 12:04:52
July 05 2008 12:03 GMT
#109
i'd rate myself as 4.5

i usually only really contribute in the live report threads. most of my other posts are one-liners/really short.
ToT)MidiaN(
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
England2183 Posts
July 05 2008 12:14 GMT
#110
in the past like 8+ probably, last month i only made a few posts and they were worthless posts so probably like 3 or 4
Nothing worth doing is devoid of risk
HighTimes
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan342 Posts
July 05 2008 12:14 GMT
#111
~5, some helpful posts, some thank-you posts, some one-liners, some useless posts. Not insulting ppl, not being negative. More of a reader.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvD9G5uDfo
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
July 05 2008 12:37 GMT
#112
When I get into flamewars(webdesign, hacks, ...) or spamming about 6, else probably 8. Mostly technical/support posts.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
July 05 2008 12:38 GMT
#113
a posting scale
well that's cute
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
July 05 2008 12:39 GMT
#114
probably a 5 because i have tons of one liners
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 05 2008 12:44 GMT
#115
all my recent posts are explaining why people are stupid in the sc2 forum
where does that rank?
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
July 05 2008 12:44 GMT
#116
I'd say about 4-5, lately it feels like i've only posted in the Liquibet section and those posts tend to be pretty short. But hey, at least i'm not participating in the postco.. erm... Mafia game!

Am i gonna get assimilated?
We make signature, then defense it.
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
July 05 2008 12:56 GMT
#117
I'd say a 6 IdrA because you've been arguing almost the same old thing with the same old people time after time. Your arguments might be good, but hell we all know where it is going to go and there are too many trolls there. They don't want to see it from your side of things, so I'd just let it go for the time being.
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
July 05 2008 13:02 GMT
#118
On July 05 2008 21:44 IdrA wrote:
all my recent posts are explaining why people are stupid in the sc2 forum
where does that rank?

10 ez, progamer status outranks everthing
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
July 05 2008 13:02 GMT
#119
Dunno, probably a 6. I proofread DJEtterStyle's Lomo poem. Tons of one-liners, especially in the past two or three weeks. I dunno, I feel like the kind of posts to which I prefer (basically ones that either resemble or are TLFEs) to give longer, well-thought-out responses have sort of dried up recently.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 05 2008 13:07 GMT
#120
On July 05 2008 21:56 Showtime! wrote:
I'd say a 6 IdrA because you've been arguing almost the same old thing with the same old people time after time. Your arguments might be good, but hell we all know where it is going to go and there are too many trolls there. They don't want to see it from your side of things, so I'd just let it go for the time being.

better idea: give me a 10 and ban all of them
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM594
TaKeTV 271
IndyStarCraft 121
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2120
RotterdaM 594
ByuN 296
MaxPax 156
IndyStarCraft 121
BRAT_OK 76
UpATreeSC 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3622
Shuttle 832
Stork 449
Mini 401
EffOrt 310
Horang2 205
Rush 199
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 125
Mong 78
[ Show more ]
910 78
Zeus 72
hero 63
Snow 55
Shinee 47
HiyA 38
JYJ 32
Bale 29
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 18
Terrorterran 13
Sexy 12
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5677
qojqva2919
Counter-Strike
fl0m5456
Fnx 692
pashabiceps400
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby662
Other Games
singsing2252
Beastyqt588
ceh9576
Hui .214
XaKoH 131
Trikslyr75
QueenE62
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur286
• WagamamaTV85
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 57m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 57m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.