• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8537 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
PuroStrife
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (North)199 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-07 11:32:58
March 07 2020 11:32 GMT
#241
I do nothing out of the ordinary to keep myself from being affected by this, I am more worried about influenza than this thing, just like I was more worried about influenza than the swine flu.
The media makes it seem like we're all going to die from this disease.
The legendary OG 5: Anathan, Jesse, Johan, Sebastien and Topias.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-07 11:52:05
March 07 2020 11:51 GMT
#242
On March 07 2020 20:32 PuroStrife wrote:
I do nothing out of the ordinary to keep myself from being affected by this, I am more worried about influenza than this thing, just like I was more worried about influenza than the swine flu.
The media makes it seem like we're all going to die from this disease.

For most people, you won't need to worry for yourself. The main risk is if you pass it onto those less fortunate with impaired immune systems, or elderly with many co-morbidities. For those under 50 your mortality risk is very small, but a 1/6 chance of death for the very elderly does not look good.

COVID seems a lot worse than Influenza in terms of infectivity and severity of disease.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
March 07 2020 14:42 GMT
#243
On March 07 2020 20:32 PuroStrife wrote:
I do nothing out of the ordinary to keep myself from being affected by this, I am more worried about influenza than this thing, just like I was more worried about influenza than the swine flu.
The media makes it seem like we're all going to die from this disease.


At least here they don't. They keep us updated on infection centres and how many cases there are. I've read a lot of "I'm not gonna die so what's the hassle" comments (Reddit...) and I'm just wondering if none of these people have grandparents.

I don't have a car so I get around via bus and train and there are a lot of elderly people who use these transports. For them it's not a joke.

Here in Germany there is pretty serious theft going on in hospitals with disinfectants and protective gear being stolen. Sometimes I really hate my fellow countrymen (and women)
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
March 07 2020 15:06 GMT
#244
On March 07 2020 16:19 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2020 12:07 DucK- wrote:
As much as I feel China fucked up in the initial stages of the virus, I think what they have done now is pretty good. I'm actually more worried about Italy and other European countries because I don't think they are capable of enacting any strong measures to combat the spread.

Yeah I gotta admit that China's draconian policies are required for something that is this contagious and deadly. The alternative where probably double digit percentages of the population get severely sick over the next few months, and the country runs out of caregivers, medicine, etc. is not pretty. Would easily be millions dead.

There's no way to contain the virus any more in a lot of countries(Iran, Italy) without emulating China, but it isn't too late to slow it to a point where the healthcare system can handle it without collapsing.

With a lockdown like that, I wonder how long it has to last to be effective. Even if China keeps its own population on quarantine for a month until all existing cases are mostly resolved, you can't just go back to business as usual if any visitors from abroad could easily just restart the whole epidemic. That's before we even have a good sense of whether or not China's numbers are reasonably accurate, which is of course still up in the air.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-07 16:46:42
March 07 2020 16:45 GMT
#245
On March 07 2020 23:42 schaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2020 20:32 PuroStrife wrote:
I do nothing out of the ordinary to keep myself from being affected by this, I am more worried about influenza than this thing, just like I was more worried about influenza than the swine flu.
The media makes it seem like we're all going to die from this disease.


At least here they don't. They keep us updated on infection centres and how many cases there are. I've read a lot of "I'm not gonna die so what's the hassle" comments (Reddit...) and I'm just wondering if none of these people have grandparents.

I don't have a car so I get around via bus and train and there are a lot of elderly people who use these transports. For them it's not a joke.

Here in Germany there is pretty serious theft going on in hospitals with disinfectants and protective gear being stolen. Sometimes I really hate my fellow countrymen (and women)


Morever, as a young person if you run good you still get sick for over a month where you have to quarantine yourself. With a bit worse luck, you might require hospitalization to not join the 1 in 500 that dies in your age group, which involves the joys of having a tube down your throat from upwards of a week. There is also the risk of permanent lung damage.
emperorofwild
Profile Joined July 2019
87 Posts
March 07 2020 16:47 GMT
#246
On March 07 2020 04:32 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
China is claiming they are seeing an increase in the recovery rate and decrease in new cases, but I don't trust a single number coming out of that country. Have any other countries gotten to the point where new cases are going down?

Datas from all contries will follow some kind of epidemiology rules, it is not that easy to fake it.
People put it on internet, most countres have similar curves, including China.
Experts from WHO or CDC did not judge China's Data, But l can always see some people have to much confidence, while have no evidence.
This week in my city, more shops begin to re-open, inculuding restaurants. Today I found my favorite restaurant have re-opened, I ordered some take-out,along with food they will give small paper with the cook and packer‘s body temperatures on it. Also they will record buyers' temperatures. It’s really well organized. Also more people began to back to work, traffic jams happened more often. Everything began to go back to normal.

Of course you can believe what you want. XD
PuroStrife
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Korea (North)199 Posts
March 07 2020 17:30 GMT
#247
On March 07 2020 23:42 schaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2020 20:32 PuroStrife wrote:
I do nothing out of the ordinary to keep myself from being affected by this, I am more worried about influenza than this thing, just like I was more worried about influenza than the swine flu.
The media makes it seem like we're all going to die from this disease.


At least here they don't. They keep us updated on infection centres and how many cases there are. I've read a lot of "I'm not gonna die so what's the hassle" comments (Reddit...) and I'm just wondering if none of these people have grandparents.

I don't have a car so I get around via bus and train and there are a lot of elderly people who use these transports. For them it's not a joke.

Here in Germany there is pretty serious theft going on in hospitals with disinfectants and protective gear being stolen. Sometimes I really hate my fellow countrymen (and women)


I don't have grand parents.
We're being kept updated in Norway as well, every country is..

Someone even stole masks at a hospital yesterday, but everyone in Norway knows the masks don't work, the health dept. has informed us plenty of times, where as Chinese people in Norway are hysterical and keep telling us to stay home, as if that's a choice when you have to work and are not infected..
The legendary OG 5: Anathan, Jesse, Johan, Sebastien and Topias.
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 07 2020 18:47 GMT
#248
Masks actually work in the right circumstance as we've discussed multiple times in this thread.
passive quaranstream fan
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
March 07 2020 18:47 GMT
#249
Living in China it's really frustrating how little information is coming out. There's been like no data I can find on the virus in different provinces for at least a week. There were more than 1,000 cases in 7 different provinces and then suddenly everything was fine. Sure that sounds likely. Me and my girlfriend are reasonably young and healthy and not really at risk. I'm teaching online which sucks but at least I should still get a full salary unlike a lot of people caught up in this. It's just boring as fuck not been aloud to go out or do anything. Which is pretty selfish because people that are higher risk than us are in mortal danger.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
March 07 2020 22:20 GMT
#250
France : thursday 400, friday 600, saturday 1000. I am happy we are good at detecting the virus, but the curve is not pleasing to watch as more that 60 districts are hit. It is going to get ugly, fast.

18 days until my tentative departure in holidays. Ahah.
NoiR
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-07 23:12:51
March 07 2020 22:53 GMT
#251
Its here now (the netherlands). Very close to where i live as well.
Still dont notice anything irl,everything operates and runs as it always does and few people seem worried. Noone wears a mask.
I have made some small prepperations now based on my expectations for the coming weeks. Getting enough basic food to last for 2 weeks if needed. Its good for several months so it will be eaten eventually anyway and nothing will be lost even if i wont need it. Its not because i fear food will run out,its to have the option to stay inside if it gets really bad and things start to close down. Just to be ahead of the horde and to be able to avoid huge crowds at the last minute in a situation where the virus already has spread beyond control. (we are not in that situation yet,i dont know if we get in that situation either but its possible and i want to be ready for it)

Maybe its inevitable and halve the world will get it eventually,i dont know. I am not in a hurry to get it though,even a mild case would be quiet uncomfortable.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
March 07 2020 23:07 GMT
#252
On March 07 2020 16:23 FBTsingLoong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2020 11:13 Belisarius wrote:
In lighter news, the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 is providing some entertaining moments over here.

A truck carrying a load of TP caught fire on a motorway a couple days ago and the entire city went into mourning.

A family accidentally ordered about half a ton of toilet paper a few weeks before everyone went mad, were wondering what the hell to do with it, and are now sitting on a very respectable investment.

One of our newspapers decided to do their bit by including several additional pages conveniently marked to be torn up and deployed in emergencies.



Is there any special usage of toilet paper?

Making masks where you can't find any at the store.

I'm surprised how the panic buyers draw the line at generic brand TP. Or the supply is incredibly high idk. I use Amazon's basic brand and it's perfectly fine.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
March 07 2020 23:10 GMT
#253
On March 08 2020 01:47 emperorofwild wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2020 04:32 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
China is claiming they are seeing an increase in the recovery rate and decrease in new cases, but I don't trust a single number coming out of that country. Have any other countries gotten to the point where new cases are going down?

Datas from all contries will follow some kind of epidemiology rules, it is not that easy to fake it.
People put it on internet, most countres have similar curves, including China.
Experts from WHO or CDC did not judge China's Data, But l can always see some people have to much confidence, while have no evidence.
This week in my city, more shops begin to re-open, inculuding restaurants. Today I found my favorite restaurant have re-opened, I ordered some take-out,along with food they will give small paper with the cook and packer‘s body temperatures on it. Also they will record buyers' temperatures. It’s really well organized. Also more people began to back to work, traffic jams happened more often. Everything began to go back to normal.

Of course you can believe what you want. XD

https://www.barrons.com/articles/chinas-economic-data-have-always-raised-questions-its-coronavirus-numbers-do-too-51581622840

Their numbers neatly followed a parabola for a while. And of course they've been making up numbers long before this disease.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-07 23:17:36
March 07 2020 23:15 GMT
#254
.
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
March 08 2020 02:38 GMT
#255
On a more personal note, this is looking to have a substantive effect on the academic conference season that's about to boot up (especially in epidemiology where I work). One major conference that was scheduled for this weekend outside my particular wheelhouse went fully virtual at the last minute.

Ones I have abstracts submitted to are happening in May/June (Chicago/Boston) and then August (Berlin), but many typical attendants are old enough or international so I am not sure what attendance will be like if they happen at all. Maybe by that point it will be either contained or accepted as everywhere, but maybe not.

If the August one goes down it will really suck since I was hoping to use that as a way to look for jobs. Then again, if they do happen tickets and hotel rooms will probably be pretty dang cheap for once.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
March 08 2020 02:43 GMT
#256
I have some sort of lingering cold right now so I'm checking the symptoms page from time to time to scare myself for no reason, as you do.

Not much has changed in my region so far. Biggest influence in my life is that I have a trip planned beginning of april and I get to worry that they'll cancel planes.
No will to live, no wish to die
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
March 08 2020 03:00 GMT
#257
On March 08 2020 11:43 Nebuchad wrote:
I have some sort of lingering cold right now so I'm checking the symptoms page from time to time to scare myself for no reason, as you do.

The regular old flu season this year is apparently significantly more severe than average. Based on my personal experience that definitely seems to be the case. Fighting off the tail end of one of those myself.

I'm generally assuming that this coronavirus is going to feel like pneumonia, given that that's what is being described in most places. The standard case of the sniffles thankfully does not feel like that.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-08 05:39:26
March 08 2020 05:38 GMT
#258
Its definitely not as bad as the last few big ones but that doesnt mean that nations and people shouldn't be reflexively overacting to this. If nothing it is vital practice for the future this one definitely broke containment unlike Sars and mers.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 08 2020 09:51 GMT
#259
Currently have a client that has temp stopped all advertising due to coronavirus and the impact it may have here, moreover we have several large events coming up. I have a concert in 3 weeks which I am not sure will continue.

In May there are back to back events, Invictus Games, Formula 1 Zandvoort and Eurovision song festival, hope they continue but I can see it being cancceled. People are a bit more wary and are making preperations slowly but surely.
WriterXiao8~~
Deleted User 26513
Profile Joined February 2007
2376 Posts
March 08 2020 12:25 GMT
#260
On March 08 2020 18:51 Kipsate wrote:
Currently have a client that has temp stopped all advertising due to coronavirus and the impact it may have here, moreover we have several large events coming up. I have a concert in 3 weeks which I am not sure will continue.

In May there are back to back events, Invictus Games, Formula 1 Zandvoort and Eurovision song festival, hope they continue but I can see it being cancceled. People are a bit more wary and are making preperations slowly but surely.

One benefit from the coronavirus...

In another piece of news from today Bulgaria is officially part of the coronavirus family. The media is acting as if there was explosion in a nuclear power plant.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Nathanias 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 607
910 24
MaD[AoV]22
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3886
Other Games
summit1g8430
FrodaN648
C9.Mang0250
shahzam173
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Shiphtur792
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 13m
Patches Events
17h 13m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.