• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9005 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4331

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 5994 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
August 07 2024 08:17 GMT
#86601
On August 07 2024 17:04 Gorsameth wrote:
It is indeed interesting that Democrats have sought for so long to find a way to attack the far right and it turns out the answer is calling them weird.
They wear deplorabele and fascist as a badge of honor because it makes them feel strong, because it shows that they are a threat, but weird, weird is bad. They are the majority, the default, they are not 'weird' and they dont seem to have an answer for it.

People admire assholes. Hell I do, there’s plenty of great men (mostly men, although some women) through history who could only really do what they did by being assholes.

I think Trump’s always benefitted from that ‘he’s not afraid to say the things I can’t in most company’ kind of effect.

Weird though? Outside of somebody like Nikola Tesla or other bona fide geniuses, who particularly admires weird?

It’s odd I never picked it myself until Walz pointed it out, but I really don’t recall Trump laughing like a normal human does when he did make that observation. He does occasionally do a forced chuckle of sorts, but properly laughing?

Maybe it’s an effective angle, maybe it’s not. I’m not sure the needle can move much, if you don’t have a strongly formed opinion by now I mean, how? But maybe it does

I spent a year in a psych ward and with no hyperbole can say I personally believe Trump is more profoundly psychologically maladjusted, or at least alien to the regular human experience than anyone I was shacked up with in there. He’d barely, if even be a functional member of society if he’d been born into poverty, wealth is all that has insulated him from his clear, clear deficiencies as a human being.


'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1200 Posts
August 07 2024 08:34 GMT
#86602
Calling them "weird" seems to really hit them in the couch-f*cker balls.

They hate "weird" because they like churchgoing-tradwifebeating-truckdriving-normal... they had a better shot at "Real men wear diapers" than "We are proud to be weird"
"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
Ciaus237
Profile Joined July 2015
South Africa288 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-07 09:19:43
August 07 2024 09:09 GMT
#86603
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:19 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 09:58 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I'd love to see Walz debate Vance. Pretty sure Walz would destroy Vance. Walz is so much more charismatic and able to connect and "real".

Edit: The sofa jab again is fantastic: https://x.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1820955342626312433


Is it "real" to repeat flagrantly false things, like the couch story? As long as we all know what we're dealing with here. I mean Trump and Kamala lie enough as it is, but it's certainly an odd jab when it doesn't have any basis in reality at all.


What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet


Is this the fabled conservative sense of humor in action?

EDIT: To add a bit of actual content to this: a lot of good points raised on the effectiveness of "weird". But one of the big things is that it completely reframes a lot of the these leaders and their far-right credentials. Some of the culture-warring they engage in is about conformity and a strong sense of what is "normal" (trans rights issues is a good example here).
So it's really important that those leaders not be weird. Corrupt? Fine. Dangerous? Fine. They aren't interested in policy - they are interested in identity. And weird is not it.
It also really doesn't help them that they are, in fact, fucking weird. It's not something they can refute - and its difficult to deflect.
The time that we kill keeps us alive
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6540 Posts
August 07 2024 09:37 GMT
#86604
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:19 Introvert wrote:
[quote]

Is it "real" to repeat flagrantly false things, like the couch story? As long as we all know what we're dealing with here. I mean Trump and Kamala lie enough as it is, but it's certainly an odd jab when it doesn't have any basis in reality at all.


What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:



40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
August 07 2024 09:46 GMT
#86605
On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.

And some, I assume, are funny jokes.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
EnDeR_
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Spain2944 Posts
August 07 2024 09:50 GMT
#86606
On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.


That had good comedic timing, thanks for that.
estás más desubicao q un croissant en un plato de nécoras
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6540 Posts
August 07 2024 09:57 GMT
#86607
On August 07 2024 18:46 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
[quote]

The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.

And some, I assume, are funny jokes.

The fact that you can and do do an impression of Drumpf means that he has an identifiable personality, which is distinct from the classic formless, shapeless, Bruce Lee water idea of a politician who tries to remain as noncommittal and ambiguous as possible, so that people can project what they want to see onto the person more easily, that's why you have a series of Democratic women who don't know when it's socially appropriate to laugh to begin with, and who constantly do "code-switching" which means being a two-faced patronizing snake depending on which audience you're speaking to. People who are turned off by personalities because they prefer the idea of fantasy - who confuse the existence of a personality as being the abnormal case, where actually everyone is supposed to have a personality, and erasing or concealing one is the antisocial behavior - are mistakenly judgmental for inane reasons.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
r00ty
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1087 Posts
August 07 2024 09:58 GMT
#86608
On August 07 2024 12:19 Introvert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 09:58 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I'd love to see Walz debate Vance. Pretty sure Walz would destroy Vance. Walz is so much more charismatic and able to connect and "real".

Edit: The sofa jab again is fantastic: https://x.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1820955342626312433


Is it "real" to repeat flagrantly false things, like the couch story? As long as we all know what we're dealing with here. I mean Trump and Kamala lie enough as it is, but it's certainly an odd jab when it doesn't have any basis in reality at all.

On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:19 Introvert wrote:
[quote]

Is it "real" to repeat flagrantly false things, like the couch story? As long as we all know what we're dealing with here. I mean Trump and Kamala lie enough as it is, but it's certainly an odd jab when it doesn't have any basis in reality at all.


What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.

Thank you guys, together with the resurfaced hope in US politics, those posts made my week. Although the last one is a bit weird in a self owning kind of way.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28902 Posts
August 07 2024 10:02 GMT
#86609
Humor is entirely subjective and I don't think the 'theme' of trump's jokes tends to be that funny. But I have no problems handing him that he has: good delivery and an exceptional ability to play to his crowd.

I'm not sure it counts as a sense of humor, because I'm not sure he himself thinks anything is funny. But I think he knows what others regard as funny, and, again, as a 'conferancier' of sorts, he is great.
Moderator
r00ty
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1087 Posts
August 07 2024 10:07 GMT
#86610
Astroturfed crowds aren't hard to handle, but he has his cult by now.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
August 07 2024 10:19 GMT
#86611
On August 07 2024 18:57 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 18:46 WombaT wrote:
On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.

And some, I assume, are funny jokes.

The fact that you can and do do an impression of Drumpf means that he has an identifiable personality, which is distinct from the classic formless, shapeless, Bruce Lee water idea of a politician who tries to remain as noncommittal and ambiguous as possible, so that people can project what they want to see onto the person more easily, that's why you have a series of Democratic women who don't know when it's socially appropriate to laugh to begin with, and who constantly do "code-switching" which means being a two-faced patronizing snake depending on which audience you're speaking to. People who are turned off by personalities because they prefer the idea of fantasy - who confuse the existence of a personality as being the abnormal case, where actually everyone is supposed to have a personality, and erasing or concealing one is the antisocial behavior - are mistakenly judgmental for inane reasons.

I’m not turned off by personalities, just shit ones. Donald Trump is almost uniquely shit in that regard.

I also think women are judged more harshly in this regard in terms of expectations and ‘code switching’, but that’s another tangent.

I despise their politics but hey I’ve got a begrudging admiration for both Thatcher and Reagan. They’ve got a laugh out of me plenty of times, they’re identifiably human, can crack a joke, have actual convictions (not of the criminal kind) etc etc



Hey that’s comic timing, and hey she can actually take it rather than just dish it, which Trump is absolutely incapable of.

The amount of copium in this post is off the charts. It’s just that somehow you’ve got yourself in some hole where either by earnest opinion or devil’s advocacy you find yourself bigging up an Orange Man who absolutely doesn’t merit it. And believe me, in Northern Ireland we have plenty of Orangemen who aren’t worthy of any kind of conferred prestige.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
August 07 2024 10:37 GMT
#86612
On August 07 2024 11:02 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 07:27 Magic Powers wrote:
While it makes perfect sense to mitigate harm in the short term and vote for Kamala - which is a perfectly valid counter to GH's position - if there is no plan for the long term then GH's point is at least half valid. The mockery GH has received without any propositions for improvement to balance out that mockery is quite the display of high horse riding. Some people here need to ask themselves how useful they are on the path out of oppression when compared to GH. If their plan requires infinite steps towards their goal, then each single step is merely a ghost of a vision. That is GH's argument, and that is the reason why he quite rightfully holds on to his views.


GH's entire existence here is an exercise in high horse riding. GH hasn't offered a single idea on how to make things better. He's like a child sticking his tongue out and saying "nanny nanny boo boo, you're complicit in genocide and I'm not." An idea he has fashioned because he thinks sitting on his couch on election day is the morally superior option to voting for either Harris or Trump.

Kwark and I have already expressed our allegiance to the socialist revolution and he won't even give us instructions on how to proceed. He has the answers on how to end the war in Gaza and he's keeping them to himself. That's truly evil. Or, if I am being charitable, his revolution is just a means to provide an imaginary 3rd option that enables him to brow beat everyone else as genocide enablers for supporting Harris or Trump. Either way, he's contributing fuck-all.


I didn't say GH is any better than you and other detractors. I'm saying his detractors aren't better than he is.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-07 10:52:14
August 07 2024 10:51 GMT
#86613
On August 07 2024 19:37 Magic Powers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 11:02 BlackJack wrote:
On August 07 2024 07:27 Magic Powers wrote:
While it makes perfect sense to mitigate harm in the short term and vote for Kamala - which is a perfectly valid counter to GH's position - if there is no plan for the long term then GH's point is at least half valid. The mockery GH has received without any propositions for improvement to balance out that mockery is quite the display of high horse riding. Some people here need to ask themselves how useful they are on the path out of oppression when compared to GH. If their plan requires infinite steps towards their goal, then each single step is merely a ghost of a vision. That is GH's argument, and that is the reason why he quite rightfully holds on to his views.


GH's entire existence here is an exercise in high horse riding. GH hasn't offered a single idea on how to make things better. He's like a child sticking his tongue out and saying "nanny nanny boo boo, you're complicit in genocide and I'm not." An idea he has fashioned because he thinks sitting on his couch on election day is the morally superior option to voting for either Harris or Trump.

Kwark and I have already expressed our allegiance to the socialist revolution and he won't even give us instructions on how to proceed. He has the answers on how to end the war in Gaza and he's keeping them to himself. That's truly evil. Or, if I am being charitable, his revolution is just a means to provide an imaginary 3rd option that enables him to brow beat everyone else as genocide enablers for supporting Harris or Trump. Either way, he's contributing fuck-all.


I didn't say GH is any better than you and other detractors. I'm saying his detractors aren't better than he is.

To quote GH’s sig:
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then"
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
August 07 2024 11:09 GMT
#86614
On August 07 2024 19:37 Magic Powers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 11:02 BlackJack wrote:
On August 07 2024 07:27 Magic Powers wrote:
While it makes perfect sense to mitigate harm in the short term and vote for Kamala - which is a perfectly valid counter to GH's position - if there is no plan for the long term then GH's point is at least half valid. The mockery GH has received without any propositions for improvement to balance out that mockery is quite the display of high horse riding. Some people here need to ask themselves how useful they are on the path out of oppression when compared to GH. If their plan requires infinite steps towards their goal, then each single step is merely a ghost of a vision. That is GH's argument, and that is the reason why he quite rightfully holds on to his views.


GH's entire existence here is an exercise in high horse riding. GH hasn't offered a single idea on how to make things better. He's like a child sticking his tongue out and saying "nanny nanny boo boo, you're complicit in genocide and I'm not." An idea he has fashioned because he thinks sitting on his couch on election day is the morally superior option to voting for either Harris or Trump.

Kwark and I have already expressed our allegiance to the socialist revolution and he won't even give us instructions on how to proceed. He has the answers on how to end the war in Gaza and he's keeping them to himself. That's truly evil. Or, if I am being charitable, his revolution is just a means to provide an imaginary 3rd option that enables him to brow beat everyone else as genocide enablers for supporting Harris or Trump. Either way, he's contributing fuck-all.


I didn't say GH is any better than you and other detractors. I'm saying his detractors aren't better than he is.


Well, most of his "detractors" aren't LARPING to abolish the police, the state... Or are waiting/supporting a (violent) revolution.
So, yeah, excuse "us" if GH is held to a diffrent standard than people that want a better health care system, less money in politics, more accountability and other "normal" ideas.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
August 07 2024 11:18 GMT
#86615
It's nice to see a little more blue in the lists of recent polls:

https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest-polls/president/general-election

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

It's still going to be a tough fight.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
August 07 2024 11:24 GMT
#86616
On August 07 2024 18:37 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 16:59 EnDeR_ wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:55 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:39 KwarK wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:07 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 14:02 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:56 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 07 2024 13:29 Introvert wrote:
On August 07 2024 12:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
[quote]

What are you talking about? Walz never officially said that Vance fucks couches, and I haven't seen Vance give a public explanation about how he doesn't fuck couches. Republicans don't get to suddenly care about the burden of proof.

And then once Vance explains himself briefly, I'll move the goalposts back to how Vance hasn't released a long-form explanation of how he doesn't fuck couches. Perhaps he has a certificate stating such?

We're just asking questions.

Vance is the one who voluntarily tied his wagon to Hitler Trump. That's pretty weird. He deserves all the memes he gets.


The thing I find amusing is how left-wing twitter actually bought the story for so long. The point I was making though was more specific. I don't get how Walz can be all these great things and the type of person who traffics in what would seem to be, as you imply by this post, a very Trumpian type of thing. And reveling in it! What is that saying? Maybe you two aren't so different after all! And I think you realize what you are doing with that sentence at the end saying essentially that Vance deserves it for being tied to Trump. I'm just curious what makes that "real" and how is that connecting to anyone, again besides silly people on twitter.

I mean if it were humor I would expect it to be funny. As a righty I'm used to jokes at my side's expense, that's not really the problem. I wonder how many people here actually thought the story was real until I pointed it out?


The story that Vance has sex with couches? It took me two seconds to Google it when I first heard it lol. Don't mistake people enjoying Vance's extremely well-deserved mocking for people thinking that every rumor about him is true. Besides, it's just locker room talk! Every guy talks about their conquests, right? Even if it's with an inanimate object, like a sofa? I won't judge if Vance comes out as homo-sectional. What they do in the privacy of their own living room is between a man and IKEA.

You: JD Vance agreed to be Trump's runningmate.
Someone Else: JD Vance? Isn't he that weird couch-fucker who thinks Trump is Hitler, thinks women are useless and psychos if they don't have kids, has a hatred of cats and people owning cats, thinks parents should get extra votes, said he would have helped Trump steal the 2020 election if he were in Pence's position, and tried to beat racism by bragging about Diet Mountain Dew? Why would he want to be Hitler's runningmate?
You: He doesn't really fuck couches, ya know.

As if that's the most problematic part.


idk man, that's the part you seem most interested in...again though, absolutely no discussion if this is a good idea from him, which is kind of where I tried to steer this. Now of course you are going to tell me "but Trump" as if somehow Trump isn't allowed to get away with far more than any other politician. I just think dems should cool their jets, heartbreak could be a mere 3 months away.


I'm way more interested in the 99% of relevant material that Harris and Walz bring up about their vision for America and how it differs from a Trump/Vance presidency. The fact that Harris and Walz can laugh and crack jokes too is just icing on the couch.


while I hate to admit it, Trump is actually really funny so I hope they can at least give him some competition. Still not there yet

Unintentionally maybe. His jokes have never landed for me. Everyone is saying it. I can't believe it but the other day a man came up to me, a good man, the best man, well, not as good as me but and he said "sir, they're..."


The only time Trump is funny is when he's completely lacking in self awareness and misreads his audience, but even then it's an Office cringy kind of funny. He can't tell a funny anecdote because he can't tell an anecdote at all because he simply doesn't have the mental capability to make it through one.


I can't watch The Office, the cringiness and second-hand embarrassment are too much for me, but I can't help but laugh at some things Trump says. maybe it's how he says it. He's definitely a showman and there's a reason people liked him before he got into politics.


Could you give us an example of something you've heard Trump say that you thought was funny?
I'm genuinely curious here. To me, he doesn't come across as someone who is able to deliver a punchline to a joke. Feel free to link a clip if you've got one, I'll watch it.

Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyBgOfHLy0

40 years in hospitality and entertainment and politics and I'm pretty sure he's managed to develop a sense of humor.


I think it's possible for Trump to be funny. That being said, I don't think that Trump calling someone else a fucking idiot is funny. That's just me; resonating with certain humor and punchlines is definitely subjective.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
August 07 2024 11:25 GMT
#86617
On August 07 2024 20:09 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2024 19:37 Magic Powers wrote:
On August 07 2024 11:02 BlackJack wrote:
On August 07 2024 07:27 Magic Powers wrote:
While it makes perfect sense to mitigate harm in the short term and vote for Kamala - which is a perfectly valid counter to GH's position - if there is no plan for the long term then GH's point is at least half valid. The mockery GH has received without any propositions for improvement to balance out that mockery is quite the display of high horse riding. Some people here need to ask themselves how useful they are on the path out of oppression when compared to GH. If their plan requires infinite steps towards their goal, then each single step is merely a ghost of a vision. That is GH's argument, and that is the reason why he quite rightfully holds on to his views.


GH's entire existence here is an exercise in high horse riding. GH hasn't offered a single idea on how to make things better. He's like a child sticking his tongue out and saying "nanny nanny boo boo, you're complicit in genocide and I'm not." An idea he has fashioned because he thinks sitting on his couch on election day is the morally superior option to voting for either Harris or Trump.

Kwark and I have already expressed our allegiance to the socialist revolution and he won't even give us instructions on how to proceed. He has the answers on how to end the war in Gaza and he's keeping them to himself. That's truly evil. Or, if I am being charitable, his revolution is just a means to provide an imaginary 3rd option that enables him to brow beat everyone else as genocide enablers for supporting Harris or Trump. Either way, he's contributing fuck-all.


I didn't say GH is any better than you and other detractors. I'm saying his detractors aren't better than he is.


Well, most of his "detractors" aren't LARPING to abolish the police, the state... Or are waiting/supporting a (violent) revolution.
So, yeah, excuse "us" if GH is held to a diffrent standard than people that want a better health care system, less money in politics, more accountability and other "normal" ideas.


How does any of that stop the genocide of Palestinian people?
No, GH's detractors are not better than he is, they're either equally motivated or equally clueless. Better they're certainly not. They need to quit their high horsery and take a good look into the mirror.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
August 07 2024 11:31 GMT
#86618
Besides Walz's zinger on Vance getting off the couch to debate him, Walz made another great comment at Trump's expense: https://www.tiktok.com/@dailymail/video/7400161853017460014
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1200 Posts
August 07 2024 11:48 GMT
#86619


At 3:36, he wrote a social-media post saying, “I HEAR THERE IS A BIG MOVEMENT TO ‘BRING BACK CROOKED JOE.’” Twenty-three minutes later, he wrote a follow-up post elaborating on this fantasy:

What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE. He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!


https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/desperate-trump-begs-biden-to-return-as-democratic-opponent.html


Yikes. Kambala being replaced by crooked HilliaryJoe again? Does he come in with a jet pack and just snatches the ticket
YOINK?



"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2012 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-07 12:35:13
August 07 2024 12:34 GMT
#86620
On August 07 2024 20:48 KT_Elwood wrote:
Show nested quote +


At 3:36, he wrote a social-media post saying, “I HEAR THERE IS A BIG MOVEMENT TO ‘BRING BACK CROOKED JOE.’” Twenty-three minutes later, he wrote a follow-up post elaborating on this fantasy:

What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE. He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!


https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/desperate-trump-begs-biden-to-return-as-democratic-opponent.html


Yikes. Kambala being replaced by crooked HilliaryJoe again? Does he come in with a jet pack and just snatches the ticket
YOINK?


Ouch, he seems to have completely lost it.

Classic "the dog caught the car". He pushed for Biden to pull out, but when he actually did, he writes BS like that.

What a weirdo.
Buff the siegetank
Prev 1 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 5994 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings72
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 855
ZZZero.O 142
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift5743
JimRising 802
Other Games
summit1g9718
FrodaN3735
C9.Mang0219
KnowMe193
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 2m
Replay Cast
23h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.