• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10370 users

New teamliquid.net design - Page 23

Forum Index > General Forum
876 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
Team Flair has been added as of Aug 26. Go to your profile to choose reset your team pennants.
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
July 31 2015 22:59 GMT
#441
Everything feels brighter and my eyes hurt. 0/10
Fuchsteufelswild
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2028 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-31 23:15:07
July 31 2015 23:09 GMT
#442
Where is the revert button?
As usual, my initial feeling is that these are yet more changes that make me think most or all marketers (or whoever makes such decisions) should be fired and web designers should be kept on a leash. Perhaps beaten with a truncheon once in a while and told a firm "No."

On August 01 2015 00:49 Alakaslam wrote:
Why can't I quote, edit, or anything else that was so awesome frankly like I could before? These are necessary hosting tools for mafia!

under each post, maybe hard to see at first, because it's light grey, but once you know it's there I like it.

Quote and Report are definitely too light, there's really no reason not to make it black or something else very obvious.
I liked them where they were.
I guess they were changed because people accidentally clicked them?
Right now you can barely see them though so you might accidentally click there also when trying to subscribe or highlight the person's signature. I'm not sure the placement's better or worse in terms of misclicking, but I think the positioning made more sense before, because it was right next to the # for linking to the post....
speaking of which, that always seemed intuitive to me, whereas clicking the "time since post"? Odd.
I definitely think you should make the # link the post.

Smaller spacing of writing on the left was better before, now it just wastes spaces, showing less per page while looking fainter.

Hiding Profile and PM is OK I suppose but I don't see why. I prefer to be able to just click it and we're not n00bs who'll misclick one of them and then freak out because..what? We can't click the back button if we made a misclick in the first place? I just understand why changes like that are made. Is there something about the previous design that was very bad for mobile users?

I REALLY want the actual date and time of posts back please. You should know this is a site with people who like exact dates rather than "X number of years ago without specific detail about the date at the time" and "[roughly] 3 hours ago".
GAH. BAH.
Imagine browsing politics threads. You are behind, or you're reading a thread you haven't read before and you see the exact dates. "Ahh. That's right after [particular event in real life] happened. I see why they say that."
or "Hmm, that happened, 'eh? So that was on this [specified] date. I'll Google that date...AH, right, I see why they'd say that?"

And now? "Hmm, I guess I'll try typing what happened sometime in 2012 [on this topic]?. Hmm, not very specific date. Better not ask about it though, I'd be an evil thread necromancer then."
It's just reeeally impractical. IF it has been edited, I realise you can click that, but it's just so much more sensible to just have the date and time right there.
No, it's not clutter, it's good. It's not a distraction because we're not simpletons with short attention spans here. I wish we wouldn't get treated like we are.

New quote appearance looks like it belongs on Facebook, but aside from that niggling annoyance it appears to be practical.
I think the site looks more either like something Apple or just like social media, the latter of which feels especially odd for this community.

Favourite streams list not showing on the right sidebar.
Favourites seem to have been deleted from my list.
Favourite list has 4 of these: [x] with nothing next to them. If I try to add people to the list by loading the embedded stream within TL, the button says this sick joke: Already at maximum number of Favorite Streams
I can understand other preferences being reset, but favourites list being wiped AND not being able to fix it is quite a problem.

Could we possibly have the option of "Show more" being clicked by default for things like "Upcoming Events"? There's a lot of blank space not being used on the right that can easily accomodate it. What's more, the left is actually really over populated, so that Customise Sidebar, Website Feedback, Closed Threads, and the links for for Teamspeak, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Use & Contact Us are all really quite far down.
Why not move at least Customise Sidebar and Sidebar settings (on the right) to the top of the left and right, so that it's much easier to customise them? (Just above News and Live Events)

Liquipedia and TLPD gone from the right?? I used to use the TLPD A LOT for checking map stats.

When customising the left sidebar, the button icon jumps up weirdly on the screen instead of staying in line with wherever you're dragging it. Managable, but really odd, probably a bug? Hopefully not working as intended.
Can't change the order of sub-forums within forums, instead only tick or un-tick them. Not sure we could before, but it's better if we can move them around. Just put them in a box with a slider for scrolling through them and buttons for "add to list", "remove from list", "move up" & "move down"...or just another one of those "Active/hidden blocks" things for sub-forums.
Better still, let us entirely rearrange subforums rather than being forced to have them in their groups.
For example, I would keep my general section up high but most of the rest of Community well below BW and SC2.

Also we don't seem to be able to minimise the left side sections (arrow next to headings, to close and open forum sections).

Upcoming events works well, although having these events show up just as "Starcraft" instead of their event name isn't so good

On August 01 2015 06:12 LongShot27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 05:23 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
The more I explore the new design the less I like it -_-

What is the point of changing things that are so great... most of the time it just inevitably creates problems and becomes worse.

Is there at least a way for us to change the format back to the old design instead of forcing this on everyone?


You have to understand we live in a world of "progressivism" where people are told that change is always good, new things are always better than old old things and so on. It's very obvious the new website design is worse than the old one. But if they changed it back, they would be accused of backwards thinking and that would kill them financially. It sucks but we'll have to live with it.

Trying to call this "progressivism"? What rot. Change for the sake of change is not progressivism, nor are bad changes for whatever reason they may have been made. Just ask all the people who didn't vote for their LNP Coalition/UK Conservatives/other pro-deforms parties.
I have to wonder whether that was political bias from you whether it was just a very strange, twisted, perhaps accidental misuse of the word "progressivism".
ZerO - FantaSy - Calm - Nal_rA - Jaedong - NaDa - EffOrt - Bisu - by.hero - StarDust - Welmu - Nerchio - Supernova - Solar - Squirtle - LosirA - Grubby - IntoTheRainbow - Golden... ~~~ Incredible Miracle and Woongjin Stars 화이팅!
Aspharr
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany5 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-31 23:18:03
July 31 2015 23:17 GMT
#443
When I start streaming my Stream is not showing up under the "non-featured" section anymore. I select starcraft 2 as the game I am streaming and it automatically changes it back to "other games". However I dont even show up there as streaming. Kind of weird I hope you guys can fix this! Ofc this only happens since the tl webside update
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
July 31 2015 23:17 GMT
#444
I already got too used to using LiquidDota since it had a lot more convenient features (such as timestamp on posts).

Nice to see it was eventually added on the vanilla site though!
Skol
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-31 23:25:22
July 31 2015 23:23 GMT
#445
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 31 2015 23:24 GMT
#446
On August 01 2015 07:47 outscar wrote:
NONONO DISASTER! You must make an option for users which lets them to choose old design. Most of modern forum sites use this.

It would be impossible to make any future updates to TL to both the old design and the new design. Having two very different designs isn't an option sorry.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 31 2015 23:27 GMT
#447
On August 01 2015 08:09 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Where is the revert button?
As usual, my initial feeling is that these are yet more changes that make me think most or all marketers (or whoever makes such decisions) should be fired and web designers should be kept on a leash. Perhaps beaten with a truncheon once in a while and told a firm "No."

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 00:49 Alakaslam wrote:
Why can't I quote, edit, or anything else that was so awesome frankly like I could before? These are necessary hosting tools for mafia!

under each post, maybe hard to see at first, because it's light grey, but once you know it's there I like it.

Quote and Report are definitely too light, there's really no reason not to make it black or something else very obvious.
I liked them where they were.
I guess they were changed because people accidentally clicked them?
Right now you can barely see them though so you might accidentally click there also when trying to subscribe or highlight the person's signature. I'm not sure the placement's better or worse in terms of misclicking, but I think the positioning made more sense before, because it was right next to the # for linking to the post....
speaking of which, that always seemed intuitive to me, whereas clicking the "time since post"? Odd.
I definitely think you should make the # link the post.

Smaller spacing of writing on the left was better before, now it just wastes spaces, showing less per page while looking fainter.

Hiding Profile and PM is OK I suppose but I don't see why. I prefer to be able to just click it and we're not n00bs who'll misclick one of them and then freak out because..what? We can't click the back button if we made a misclick in the first place? I just understand why changes like that are made. Is there something about the previous design that was very bad for mobile users?

I REALLY want the actual date and time of posts back please. You should know this is a site with people who like exact dates rather than "X number of years ago without specific detail about the date at the time" and "[roughly] 3 hours ago".
GAH. BAH.
Imagine browsing politics threads. You are behind, or you're reading a thread you haven't read before and you see the exact dates. "Ahh. That's right after [particular event in real life] happened. I see why they say that."
or "Hmm, that happened, 'eh? So that was on this [specified] date. I'll Google that date...AH, right, I see why they'd say that?"

And now? "Hmm, I guess I'll try typing what happened sometime in 2012 [on this topic]?. Hmm, not very specific date. Better not ask about it though, I'd be an evil thread necromancer then."
It's just reeeally impractical. IF it has been edited, I realise you can click that, but it's just so much more sensible to just have the date and time right there.
No, it's not clutter, it's good. It's not a distraction because we're not simpletons with short attention spans here. I wish we wouldn't get treated like we are.

New quote appearance looks like it belongs on Facebook, but aside from that niggling annoyance it appears to be practical.
I think the site looks more either like something Apple or just like social media, the latter of which feels especially odd for this community.

Favourite streams list not showing on the right sidebar.
Favourites seem to have been deleted from my list.
Favourite list has 4 of these: [x] with nothing next to them. If I try to add people to the list by loading the embedded stream within TL, the button says this sick joke: Already at maximum number of Favorite Streams
I can understand other preferences being reset, but favourites list being wiped AND not being able to fix it is quite a problem.

Could we possibly have the option of "Show more" being clicked by default for things like "Upcoming Events"? There's a lot of blank space not being used on the right that can easily accomodate it. What's more, the left is actually really over populated, so that Customise Sidebar, Website Feedback, Closed Threads, and the links for for Teamspeak, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Use & Contact Us are all really quite far down.
Why not move at least Customise Sidebar and Sidebar settings (on the right) to the top of the left and right, so that it's much easier to customise them? (Just above News and Live Events)

Liquipedia and TLPD gone from the right?? I used to use the TLPD A LOT for checking map stats.

When customising the left sidebar, the button icon jumps up weirdly on the screen instead of staying in line with wherever you're dragging it. Managable, but really odd, probably a bug? Hopefully not working as intended.
Can't change the order of sub-forums within forums, instead only tick or un-tick them. Not sure we could before, but it's better if we can move them around. Just put them in a box with a slider for scrolling through them and buttons for "add to list", "remove from list", "move up" & "move down"...or just another one of those "Active/hidden blocks" things for sub-forums.
Better still, let us entirely rearrange subforums rather than being forced to have them in their groups.
For example, I would keep my general section up high but most of the rest of Community well below BW and SC2.

Also we don't seem to be able to minimise the left side sections (arrow next to headings, to close and open forum sections).

Upcoming events works well, although having these events show up just as "Starcraft" instead of their event name isn't so good

This is good feedback. A lot of this is already on our internal 'to fix' list and hopefully will be resolved in the next few days.

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 06:12 LongShot27 wrote:
On August 01 2015 05:23 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
The more I explore the new design the less I like it -_-

What is the point of changing things that are so great... most of the time it just inevitably creates problems and becomes worse.

Is there at least a way for us to change the format back to the old design instead of forcing this on everyone?


You have to understand we live in a world of "progressivism" where people are told that change is always good, new things are always better than old old things and so on. It's very obvious the new website design is worse than the old one. But if they changed it back, they would be accused of backwards thinking and that would kill them financially. It sucks but we'll have to live with it.

Trying to call this "progressivism"? What rot. Change for the sake of change is not progressivism, nor are bad changes for whatever reason they may have been made. Just ask all the people who didn't vote for their LNP Coalition/UK Conservatives/other pro-deforms parties.
I have to wonder whether that was political bias from you whether it was just a very strange, twisted, perhaps accidental misuse of the word "progressivism".
I'll just add that part of this change is to be able to incorporate new features into TL which couldn't be done with the old frontend. I mean, the old design was still using tables for crying out loud.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Nezgar
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany535 Posts
July 31 2015 23:32 GMT
#448
On August 01 2015 08:09 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Where is the revert button?
As usual, my initial feeling is that these are yet more changes that make me think most or all marketers (or whoever makes such decisions) should be fired and web designers should be kept on a leash. Perhaps beaten with a truncheon once in a while and told a firm "No."

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 00:49 Alakaslam wrote:
Why can't I quote, edit, or anything else that was so awesome frankly like I could before? These are necessary hosting tools for mafia!

under each post, maybe hard to see at first, because it's light grey, but once you know it's there I like it.

Quote and Report are definitely too light, there's really no reason not to make it black or something else very obvious.
I liked them where they were.
I guess they were changed because people accidentally clicked them?
Right now you can barely see them though so you might accidentally click there also when trying to subscribe or highlight the person's signature. I'm not sure the placement's better or worse in terms of misclicking, but I think the positioning made more sense before, because it was right next to the # for linking to the post....
speaking of which, that always seemed intuitive to me, whereas clicking the "time since post"? Odd.
I definitely think you should make the # link the post.

Smaller spacing of writing on the left was better before, now it just wastes spaces, showing less per page while looking fainter.

Hiding Profile and PM is OK I suppose but I don't see why. I prefer to be able to just click it and we're not n00bs who'll misclick one of them and then freak out because..what? We can't click the back button if we made a misclick in the first place? I just understand why changes like that are made. Is there something about the previous design that was very bad for mobile users?

I REALLY want the actual date and time of posts back please. You should know this is a site with people who like exact dates rather than "X number of years ago without specific detail about the date at the time" and "[roughly] 3 hours ago".
GAH. BAH.
Imagine browsing politics threads. You are behind, or you're reading a thread you haven't read before and you see the exact dates. "Ahh. That's right after [particular event in real life] happened. I see why they say that."
or "Hmm, that happened, 'eh? So that was on this [specified] date. I'll Google that date...AH, right, I see why they'd say that?"

And now? "Hmm, I guess I'll try typing what happened sometime in 2012 [on this topic]?. Hmm, not very specific date. Better not ask about it though, I'd be an evil thread necromancer then."
It's just reeeally impractical. IF it has been edited, I realise you can click that, but it's just so much more sensible to just have the date and time right there.
No, it's not clutter, it's good. It's not a distraction because we're not simpletons with short attention spans here. I wish we wouldn't get treated like we are.

New quote appearance looks like it belongs on Facebook, but aside from that niggling annoyance it appears to be practical.
I think the site looks more either like something Apple or just like social media, the latter of which feels especially odd for this community.

Favourite streams list not showing on the right sidebar.
Favourites seem to have been deleted from my list.
Favourite list has 4 of these: [x] with nothing next to them. If I try to add people to the list by loading the embedded stream within TL, the button says this sick joke: Already at maximum number of Favorite Streams
I can understand other preferences being reset, but favourites list being wiped AND not being able to fix it is quite a problem.

Could we possibly have the option of "Show more" being clicked by default for things like "Upcoming Events"? There's a lot of blank space not being used on the right that can easily accomodate it. What's more, the left is actually really over populated, so that Customise Sidebar, Website Feedback, Closed Threads, and the links for for Teamspeak, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Use & Contact Us are all really quite far down.
Why not move at least Customise Sidebar and Sidebar settings (on the right) to the top of the left and right, so that it's much easier to customise them? (Just above News and Live Events)

Liquipedia and TLPD gone from the right?? I used to use the TLPD A LOT for checking map stats.

When customising the left sidebar, the button icon jumps up weirdly on the screen instead of staying in line with wherever you're dragging it. Managable, but really odd, probably a bug? Hopefully not working as intended.
Can't change the order of sub-forums within forums, instead only tick or un-tick them. Not sure we could before, but it's better if we can move them around. Just put them in a box with a slider for scrolling through them and buttons for "add to list", "remove from list", "move up" & "move down"...or just another one of those "Active/hidden blocks" things for sub-forums.
Better still, let us entirely rearrange subforums rather than being forced to have them in their groups.
For example, I would keep my general section up high but most of the rest of Community well below BW and SC2.

Also we don't seem to be able to minimise the left side sections (arrow next to headings, to close and open forum sections).

Upcoming events works well, although having these events show up just as "Starcraft" instead of their event name isn't so good


This is such a great post that sums up most of the problems I have with the new design.
It looks like the "Generation Apple and Facebook" with their "Form over Function" approach. I was really glad that TL didn't adhere to those standards but it seems I have judged too early.

Please give us an option to revert back to the old design, please!
NKexquisite
Profile Joined January 2009
United States911 Posts
July 31 2015 23:37 GMT
#449
The 'Quote' and 'Report' things are so hard to see.. It took me like 5 minutes to find see them down there
Whattttt Upppppppp Im Nesteaaaaaa!!
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-31 23:43:46
July 31 2015 23:42 GMT
#450
On August 01 2015 08:27 Plexa wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 01 2015 08:09 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Where is the revert button?
As usual, my initial feeling is that these are yet more changes that make me think most or all marketers (or whoever makes such decisions) should be fired and web designers should be kept on a leash. Perhaps beaten with a truncheon once in a while and told a firm "No."

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 00:49 Alakaslam wrote:
Why can't I quote, edit, or anything else that was so awesome frankly like I could before? These are necessary hosting tools for mafia!

under each post, maybe hard to see at first, because it's light grey, but once you know it's there I like it.

Quote and Report are definitely too light, there's really no reason not to make it black or something else very obvious.
I liked them where they were.
I guess they were changed because people accidentally clicked them?
Right now you can barely see them though so you might accidentally click there also when trying to subscribe or highlight the person's signature. I'm not sure the placement's better or worse in terms of misclicking, but I think the positioning made more sense before, because it was right next to the # for linking to the post....
speaking of which, that always seemed intuitive to me, whereas clicking the "time since post"? Odd.
I definitely think you should make the # link the post.

Smaller spacing of writing on the left was better before, now it just wastes spaces, showing less per page while looking fainter.

Hiding Profile and PM is OK I suppose but I don't see why. I prefer to be able to just click it and we're not n00bs who'll misclick one of them and then freak out because..what? We can't click the back button if we made a misclick in the first place? I just understand why changes like that are made. Is there something about the previous design that was very bad for mobile users?

I REALLY want the actual date and time of posts back please. You should know this is a site with people who like exact dates rather than "X number of years ago without specific detail about the date at the time" and "[roughly] 3 hours ago".
GAH. BAH.
Imagine browsing politics threads. You are behind, or you're reading a thread you haven't read before and you see the exact dates. "Ahh. That's right after [particular event in real life] happened. I see why they say that."
or "Hmm, that happened, 'eh? So that was on this [specified] date. I'll Google that date...AH, right, I see why they'd say that?"

And now? "Hmm, I guess I'll try typing what happened sometime in 2012 [on this topic]?. Hmm, not very specific date. Better not ask about it though, I'd be an evil thread necromancer then."
It's just reeeally impractical. IF it has been edited, I realise you can click that, but it's just so much more sensible to just have the date and time right there.
No, it's not clutter, it's good. It's not a distraction because we're not simpletons with short attention spans here. I wish we wouldn't get treated like we are.

New quote appearance looks like it belongs on Facebook, but aside from that niggling annoyance it appears to be practical.
I think the site looks more either like something Apple or just like social media, the latter of which feels especially odd for this community.

Favourite streams list not showing on the right sidebar.
Favourites seem to have been deleted from my list.
Favourite list has 4 of these: [x] with nothing next to them. If I try to add people to the list by loading the embedded stream within TL, the button says this sick joke: Already at maximum number of Favorite Streams
I can understand other preferences being reset, but favourites list being wiped AND not being able to fix it is quite a problem.

Could we possibly have the option of "Show more" being clicked by default for things like "Upcoming Events"? There's a lot of blank space not being used on the right that can easily accomodate it. What's more, the left is actually really over populated, so that Customise Sidebar, Website Feedback, Closed Threads, and the links for for Teamspeak, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Use & Contact Us are all really quite far down.
Why not move at least Customise Sidebar and Sidebar settings (on the right) to the top of the left and right, so that it's much easier to customise them? (Just above News and Live Events)

Liquipedia and TLPD gone from the right?? I used to use the TLPD A LOT for checking map stats.

When customising the left sidebar, the button icon jumps up weirdly on the screen instead of staying in line with wherever you're dragging it. Managable, but really odd, probably a bug? Hopefully not working as intended.
Can't change the order of sub-forums within forums, instead only tick or un-tick them. Not sure we could before, but it's better if we can move them around. Just put them in a box with a slider for scrolling through them and buttons for "add to list", "remove from list", "move up" & "move down"...or just another one of those "Active/hidden blocks" things for sub-forums.
Better still, let us entirely rearrange subforums rather than being forced to have them in their groups.
For example, I would keep my general section up high but most of the rest of Community well below BW and SC2.

Also we don't seem to be able to minimise the left side sections (arrow next to headings, to close and open forum sections).

Upcoming events works well, although having these events show up just as "Starcraft" instead of their event name isn't so good

This is good feedback. A lot of this is already on our internal 'to fix' list and hopefully will be resolved in the next few days.

Show nested quote +
On August 01 2015 06:12 LongShot27 wrote:
On August 01 2015 05:23 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
The more I explore the new design the less I like it -_-

What is the point of changing things that are so great... most of the time it just inevitably creates problems and becomes worse.

Is there at least a way for us to change the format back to the old design instead of forcing this on everyone?


You have to understand we live in a world of "progressivism" where people are told that change is always good, new things are always better than old old things and so on. It's very obvious the new website design is worse than the old one. But if they changed it back, they would be accused of backwards thinking and that would kill them financially. It sucks but we'll have to live with it.

Trying to call this "progressivism"? What rot. Change for the sake of change is not progressivism, nor are bad changes for whatever reason they may have been made. Just ask all the people who didn't vote for their LNP Coalition/UK Conservatives/other pro-deforms parties.
I have to wonder whether that was political bias from you whether it was just a very strange, twisted, perhaps accidental misuse of the word "progressivism".
I'll just add that part of this change is to be able to incorporate new features into TL which couldn't be done with the old frontend. I mean, the old design was still using tables for crying out loud.



I'm going to be unpopular and say that tables aren't that bad. I don't see how they ruin any website. Yes, of course nested tables will probably look ugly and make blind people cry (Who has to sift through the code). But a table now and then isn't a bad thing..as long as you don't go full arngren that is (for anyone who haven't been there. google it, visit it, cry, look at the page source, then cry some more)
RHoudini
Profile Joined October 2009
Belgium3631 Posts
July 31 2015 23:44 GMT
#451
On August 01 2015 08:17 Aspharr wrote:
When I start streaming my Stream is not showing up under the "non-featured" section anymore. I select starcraft 2 as the game I am streaming and it automatically changes it back to "other games". However I dont even show up there as streaming. Kind of weird I hope you guys can fix this! Ofc this only happens since the tl webside update

Apparently you need at least 10 viewers to be visible in the list.
Which sucks.

So disappointed about all these changes and/or bugs...
Lee Jae Dong fighting!
Zamiel
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-31 23:50:03
July 31 2015 23:49 GMT
#452
On August 01 2015 08:23 Ack1027 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This exact same thing is happening to me on Windows 7 Chrome. Please fix!
"Mech is at the store buying groceries and you attack him at home. You burn his house down. And then he comes home and puts out the fire, and then you burn down the grocery store so he can't buy more groceries."
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
July 31 2015 23:55 GMT
#453
I honestly really preferred the more old school look we had before, but change is inevitable. Definitely looks good, I just preferred things the way they were.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10870 Posts
July 31 2015 23:58 GMT
#454
On July 31 2015 22:06 Waxangel wrote:
i hate it everything sucks new things are bad old things are good

Basically how I felt after I realized that I wasn't accidentally logged into the LiquidLegends website...although I will learn to like this, it does look pretty new and slick. :D
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
August 01 2015 00:13 GMT
#455
I don't care about changing it back I just would like an option to darken the page I've actually lowered my monitor's brightness
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
August 01 2015 00:17 GMT
#456
Colors are a bit muted for my tastes, also Plexa have you already noticed that your super cool custom icons and formatting that shouts out that you're staff/mod/etc are gone?

Makes it slightly tougher to scan through a thread when looking for posts from TL staff/mods.

Would it be possible to have a setting which specifies an alternate style sheet addressing different colors/styles? Sure I could do something like that with Stylish, but just a thought.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
August 01 2015 00:18 GMT
#457
Being able to see the date and time when something was posted is much nicer than the "however many minutes/hours/weeks ago." This is from someone who uses both TL and LiquidDota.
salito
Profile Joined May 2010
1649 Posts
August 01 2015 00:19 GMT
#458
Hate the new timestamps. Moreso for this site than LiquidDota, there are posts that are 10+ years old and a post timestamped with "612 weeks ago" isn't very useful.
Nature moves in the shortest way possible.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-01 00:21:43
August 01 2015 00:20 GMT
#459
On August 01 2015 09:13 Fecalfeast wrote:
I don't care about changing it back I just would like an option to darken the page I've actually lowered my monitor's brightness

had to do this too when the sun was setting, and I already used f.lux on the full night mode!
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-01 00:48:57
August 01 2015 00:44 GMT
#460
I've been a member here for a very long time and I'm going to be as brutally honest as I can, but I'm not the biggest fan of the new design, although maybe I'm a stick in the mud.

I understand it's probably a work in progress, but for me it's far too bright colour wise and everything seems far too spread apart text wise when it comes to the sidebar and closer somehow on the thread list. It seems a lot of my screen space optimisation has been reduced as sidebar wise I can get far less information on my screen than I want. I guess this is probably to help mobile users, but it's somewhat annoying for me as a primarily desktop user although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Is the TLPD-ize button gone for good? I hope not considering how much I use it haha.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 99
ByuN 50
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1726
GuemChi 1215
Artosis 581
910 39
MaD[AoV]16
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever207
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
taco 95
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox618
Other Games
summit1g8434
Day[9].tv657
shahzam500
C9.Mang0312
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick525
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur718
• Day9tv657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 33m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.