• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8375 users

What grinds your gears? - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 88 Next
GGitsJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand426 Posts
August 08 2011 07:24 GMT
#301
On August 08 2011 15:58 Dub_doubt wrote:
I hate when people use the word "ironic" incorrectly. "Oh man it was so ironic that the car hit the guy" *face palm*



For me its more when people overuse "literally" and "apparently", that's what really grinds my gears (not literally, of course).
"A reason becomes an excuse if you don't do anything about it."
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
August 08 2011 07:26 GMT
#302
Gear Grinders?
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
August 08 2011 07:35 GMT
#303
On August 08 2011 16:22 Deja Thoris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:57 ToxNub wrote:
TL mods - mental midgets abusing power to suit their biases
People who don't signal when they drive.
Grammar noobs.
WoW players and other carebears
People offended by profanity. I can't count the number of times some wuss got all offended because I, in a jovial mood, said something that included a "fuck" or a "shit" or a "bitch".

Reading-comprehension, straw-mans, OT counter-arguments: This one is a big one for me. I don't want to be a total dbag, but seriously, I am one smart motherfucker, but its like my posts are invisible or something from the amount people disagree with me. Most people can't even read, let alone comprehend, let alone stay on topic, let alone counter an argument that I actually made. It is the most frustrating thing for me when I post a well-reasoned, well supported comment, and then the entire thread of assholes tells me to stop trolling and proceeds to explain in detail, all the reasons I would be wrong if I was making the arguments they invented. I can even repeat my position 3-4 times, and still have people accusing me of random shit. I started to realize that they are actually too stupid to understand what I am saying. They can't even disagree, because they are literally too dumb to even get to the point where disagreement is an option.


People with an over-inflated sense of self worth grind my gears. They normally aren't as smart as they think they are. People that are genuinely smart but that have no people skills also grind my gears. You'd think geniuses would realise that being well rounded is important and learn some people skills so that they can mingle with the mediocrity that they are surrounded by in a way that creates less friction.

some people are just socially awkward penguins. it's not that easy to all of a sudden become good at dealing with people
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
August 08 2011 07:36 GMT
#304
On August 08 2011 16:24 GGitsJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:58 Dub_doubt wrote:
I hate when people use the word "ironic" incorrectly. "Oh man it was so ironic that the car hit the guy" *face palm*



For me its more when people overuse "literally" and "apparently", that's what really grinds my gears (not literally, of course).


Those are literally my two favourite filler words. But apparently it upsets some people.

+ Show Spoiler +
Not trying to be annoying, they really are.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44354 Posts
August 08 2011 07:37 GMT
#305
On August 08 2011 15:57 ToxNub wrote:
I am one smart motherfucker, but its like my posts are invisible or something from the amount people disagree with me.

Sometimes it's not everyone else. Sometimes it's just you.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
FiLmBoT
Profile Joined June 2011
United States107 Posts
August 08 2011 07:43 GMT
#306
People that wear their pants that are way to big and sag down to their knees.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
August 08 2011 08:11 GMT
#307
On August 08 2011 16:43 FiLmBoT wrote:
People that wear their pants that are way to big and sag down to their knees.

Some people that wear skinny jeans that are way too tight, and yet still sag down to their knees.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Chodes
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada212 Posts
August 08 2011 08:39 GMT
#308
Self entitled assholes who think they run shit up and people who smother their beliefs into peoples faces and get pissed off when you ask them to stop, cause your killing their "individuality and self-righteous beliefs"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | "Sup Son"- SeleCT"~~MMA Fighting!!
Yew
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States940 Posts
August 08 2011 08:52 GMT
#309
People that whine about balance when they're in low leagues. I'm guilty for this sometimes though, so I guess I grind my own gears?
jaminski
Profile Joined September 2010
England84 Posts
August 08 2011 09:03 GMT
#310
people who have to rage at a game ... its just a game - sometimes the rage gets OTT ... that or the amount of uncalled flaming its so unnecessary and pointless
[ Macrophobia ] [ EU Protoss ] [ Mid Master ]
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
August 08 2011 09:14 GMT
#311
People who flame players/casters for very small issues and blow it out of proportion.
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
August 08 2011 09:22 GMT
#312
Myself........
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
August 08 2011 09:23 GMT
#313
On August 08 2011 17:39 Chodes wrote:
Self entitled assholes who think they run shit up and people who smother their beliefs into peoples faces and get pissed off when you ask them to stop, cause your killing their "individuality and self-righteous beliefs"


This. It just gets on your nerves and makes me want to deliver a punch to their heads.
Dear Sixsmith...
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
August 08 2011 09:33 GMT
#314
Kids who try to make you throw the first punch in a fight at school.
People who smoke and drink because they think it makes them 'cooler'.
People who feel obligated to donate all their old clothes to Goodwill instead of just throwing them away; soo many times I've caught my mother going through the trash after I just threw away some clothes.
Ricer Cars with over sized mufflers that makes them sound like shit.

Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
ShotgunMike
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden241 Posts
August 08 2011 09:35 GMT
#315
FROM: MR. Paul Hollway

A government offical here wants to transfer the sum of ($17.5million).

The Republic of Botswana is formerly a British colony situated in
Southern Africa, nestled between South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia. The capital of Botswana is Gaborone.

the country is democratically ruled, boasts a growing economy and a stable political environment. Botswana has some of Africa's last great wildernesses including the famous Okavango Swamps and the Kalahari Desert. Botswana is the largest exporter of gemstone diamonds in the world.
The prompting of my mail came after much thought on the country most suitable to invest some personal funds acquired from the federal ministry of finance here which i have decided to invest
Before we proceed I need your assurance that funds in question can be invested without my being implicated as the original owner for security reasons due to my political position and our personality will be fully protected
yours sincerely.
MR. Paul Hollway
Hot_Bid: "B10" - ThorZain: "BINGO" - Naniwa: "Apologize! ¤%#¤#&¤% Terran IMBA"
xAPOCALYPSEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1418 Posts
August 08 2011 10:32 GMT
#316
On August 08 2011 15:57 ToxNub wrote:
TL mods - mental midgets abusing power to suit their biases
People who don't signal when they drive.
Grammar noobs.
WoW players and other carebears
People offended by profanity. I can't count the number of times some wuss got all offended because I, in a jovial mood, said something that included a "fuck" or a "shit" or a "bitch".

Reading-comprehension, straw-mans, OT counter-arguments: This one is a big one for me. I don't want to be a total dbag, but seriously, I am one smart motherfucker, but its like my posts are invisible or something from the amount people disagree with me. Most people can't even read, let alone comprehend, let alone stay on topic, let alone counter an argument that I actually made. It is the most frustrating thing for me when I post a well-reasoned, well supported comment, and then the entire thread of assholes tells me to stop trolling and proceeds to explain in detail, all the reasons I would be wrong if I was making the arguments they invented. I can even repeat my position 3-4 times, and still have people accusing me of random shit. I started to realize that they are actually too stupid to understand what I am saying. They can't even disagree, because they are literally too dumb to even get to the point where disagreement is an option.


Your argument is invalid because you are the type of person that grinds my gears
PreliatorMax
Profile Joined May 2011
Philippines37 Posts
August 08 2011 10:52 GMT
#317
What grinds my gears is when buying something a saleslady/salesman will always say that the shirt/pants/shoes etc looks good on me which I know is false because they just want something to be sold.
In the service... one must always choose the lesser of two weevils.
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 10:59:27
August 08 2011 10:58 GMT
#318
On August 08 2011 14:21 crms wrote:
I wish you didn't show me that. That wasn't impressive at all. In fact, I thought it was much more difficult, I'm pretty naive to electronic music creation. That's pretty sad. In the end I don't care, I'm a fan of some electronic music mostly dubstep but wow that was kind of pathetic.

I'm a death metal guitarist though who listens to mostly tech death so I'm kind of an elitist I guess. :[


I play the guitar myself and I don't see what's so easy about the video. Have you ever tried it? It's actually pretty difficult. You want to see "unimpressive"? Look at most drummers...

I mean seriously, what kind of monkey CAN'T hit something with a stick? (sarcasm)
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 11:02:44
August 08 2011 11:01 GMT
#319
Injustice. Especially done by law enforcement and the legal system. The False Rape Society and the Innocence Project provides disgusting examples of grave injustice that simply enrages me.

It's really fucking disgusting how biased and amateur the police and the courts can be. I mean, convictions based on ZERO evidence, no, not negligible, but ZERO evidence, relying only on uncorroborated testimonies by the accuser? What? Prosecution can block evidence that would clearly exonerate the defendant? WHAT??? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

And not just in the United States, unfortunately. That shit spills to us sooner or later.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
yema1
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland101 Posts
August 08 2011 11:06 GMT
#320
1. People that are jealous of success.
2. People that are often sick.
3. Arrogant atheists.
4. Whiners.
Dont tread on me
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.