• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7772 users

What grinds your gears? - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 88 Next
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
August 08 2011 05:51 GMT
#281
Hippies. More specifically new age hippies who believe in alternative medicine, ghosts, qi, energies, dolphins with superpowers, homeopathy, psychics, crystals and just about every piece of crap as long as there is no science backing it up.

At the same time they'll be the first to refute just about anything that actually has scientific backing based on their own nonsensical, made up arguments like GMO, vaccines, evolution and just about anything else.

Seriously, fuck you.
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
August 08 2011 05:51 GMT
#282
People that don't fucking try and figure out shit. People are always looking for answers right away or results without applying themselves.
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
August 08 2011 06:02 GMT
#283
On August 08 2011 14:51 Contagious wrote:
People that don't fucking try and figure out shit. People are always looking for answers right away or results without applying themselves.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Something else. Idiots. For 1st, 2nd, and every grade through sixth I had to deal with fucking morons who can't figure out algebra, and of course the intelligent kids in the class have to do homework because these retards can't figure out Pre-algebra. I switched to homeschool and I have to say, I can do SOOOOOOO much more work because I don't have them bogging me down. I blasted through 7th and 8th grade in one school year. TFG.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 08 2011 06:06 GMT
#284
I'm in a pickle where someone offers to help on something. I give him clear instructions on what to do and how to specifically do it.

That person doesn't do it properly and creates more work for me to do because of his inability to follow simple repeated directions.

I think the part that pisses me off is that he wants appreciation for his efforts. I should be grateful because he took the time out of his day to really try and help me, but he deliberately or ignorantly completely didn't do it right or follow my clearly written instructions.

I've never mixed with so much guilt and fucking hatred.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
August 08 2011 06:13 GMT
#285
people who are stuck in their point of view

racists, homophobes and creationists are a big source of my hatred

politicians, especially after reading up on the current us situation

lack of social responsibility and selfishness of corporations etc. disregard for human rights stuff like that. it's amazing what profit can do to people, christ. reminds of the south park episode where people try to steal alien gold and it turns out it was test. basically human nature pisses me off
jw232
Profile Joined January 2009
United States157 Posts
August 08 2011 06:14 GMT
#286
On November 16 2005 00:30 1hp wrote:
What grinds your gears?

Rust. Fucking corrosion man, grinds my gears and shit.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
August 08 2011 06:18 GMT
#287
I hold so much disdain for armchair financial analysts, just today I had someone tell me that Buffet's speech on the market was completely incorrect, and that the only way jobs would come back to the US economy is if the government nationalized oil production.. I wanted to strangle the guy.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
August 08 2011 06:19 GMT
#288
ZvZ grinds my gears.

And so does not applying enough pressure on the clutch when driving.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:20:48
August 08 2011 06:20 GMT
#289
People who think they should get special privileges for no reason other than the fact that they are them. Self-entitled people piss me off to no end.

Same with people who take pride in ignorance. Since when was opening a book such a terrible thing?
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
MagickMan
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia498 Posts
August 08 2011 06:31 GMT
#290
People who jump from one gameing community to the other to make a quick buck. Especially the ones whom think they are entitled to it.

Also, Casters that shouldnt cast.
xAPOCALYPSEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:40:19
August 08 2011 06:36 GMT
#291
(MOST) Enlisted (as in not officers) low ranking United States Marines.

Some of them are cool (I like to think of my brother as one of them), but I live in a town next to a marine base where they are all over the place, and so many of them are so damn full of themselves it's ridiculous. They join the Marine Corps to fill their lust for excitement and all that and then act like they deserve to sit on a throne.

Also people who refuse to even humor others' points of view on things (basically closed-minded people), and those kids in high school that drink and do drugs, then take a few lessons of martial arts or mma and act like they can and will beat the shit out of anyone if they give them a weird look lolol.
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
August 08 2011 06:36 GMT
#292
On August 08 2011 15:13 shawster wrote:
people who are stuck in their point of view

racists, homophobes and creationists are a big source of my hatred

this is a pretty big one for me. I really dislike people who are stuck in their points of view even when the right information is right infront of them.
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
jormando
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland24 Posts
August 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#293
Teenagers, the cancer of internets. Theres 2 kinds of em which specially piss me off:

First the kind of teenagers who are just plainly too stupid to even use computer and still somehow manage to post their clueless shit to forums, while thinking they are experts of every subject, solely because they CAN post to forums. These are the morons who, at best, post into every "tips to new players" -thread with "tips" which everyone with somekind of common sense has already figured out.

Second the kind of teenagers who consider trolling as their cool and trendy hobby.

Everyone has seen both kinds, since they are everywhere these days, specially on every gaming releated forum. Luckily TL is moderated more than most of the other gaming releated forums, and the trolls get banned from here. Now if only stupidity would atleast hurt..
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
August 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#294
There are a lot of real world things that annoy me - but i come to TL as a break from all those things..

So i am going to have to go with people that make stupid, annoying, redundant, ill-thought threads that shit up the forum .. Mainly those that violate my profile picture :p

That really grinds my gears.
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
curlfry
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia103 Posts
August 08 2011 06:52 GMT
#295
Well people who eat soup with a dessert spoon.

People who are really good at a class but every time they get their result for a test they stress out because they think they are going to fail, but they end up getting like 95%.

People that complain about being really hungry, but they don't eat, or attempt too.

And for something Starcraft related
when my friends who had never played brood war and dismiss it because it has terrible graphics
say that way easier that sc2.
You need like 200apm just to be mediocre at bw
the French are effectively gypsies with a steady income
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
August 08 2011 06:55 GMT
#296
On August 08 2011 15:52 curlfry wrote:
Well people who eat soup with a dessert spoon.

People who are really good at a class but every time they get their result for a test they stress out because they think they are going to fail, but they end up getting like 95%.

People that complain about being really hungry, but they don't eat, or attempt too.

And for something Starcraft related
when my friends who had never played brood war and dismiss it because it has terrible graphics
say that way easier that sc2.
You need like 200apm just to be mediocre at bw

lol, your friends said bw is way easier than sc2 even though they've never played bw?

time to find some new friends
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
August 08 2011 06:56 GMT
#297
ESEA and how every little p.o.s. in a pug there does nothing but talk shit even when they get very few kills themselves. Being an RTS centered gamer I feel like every FPS I touch is just full of really crazy team mate bashing and vulgar humor/mic spamming that never ends. I'm writing this just coming out from the PayPal site cancelling my subscription to them, I'd rather my money as toilet paper than contribute to punk ass kids. (Just noticed this feels a lot like the letting out anger thread, but without the spoilers lol)
ToxNub
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada805 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:59:39
August 08 2011 06:57 GMT
#298
TL mods - mental midgets abusing power to suit their biases
People who don't signal when they drive.
Grammar noobs.
WoW players and other carebears
People offended by profanity. I can't count the number of times some wuss got all offended because I, in a jovial mood, said something that included a "fuck" or a "shit" or a "bitch".

Reading-comprehension, straw-mans, OT counter-arguments: This one is a big one for me. I don't want to be a total dbag, but seriously, I am one smart motherfucker, but its like my posts are invisible or something from the amount people disagree with me. Most people can't even read, let alone comprehend, let alone stay on topic, let alone counter an argument that I actually made. It is the most frustrating thing for me when I post a well-reasoned, well supported comment, and then the entire thread of assholes tells me to stop trolling and proceeds to explain in detail, all the reasons I would be wrong if I was making the arguments they invented. I can even repeat my position 3-4 times, and still have people accusing me of random shit. I started to realize that they are actually too stupid to understand what I am saying. They can't even disagree, because they are literally too dumb to even get to the point where disagreement is an option.
Dub_doubt
Profile Joined June 2011
United States86 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 07:01:54
August 08 2011 06:58 GMT
#299
I hate when people use the word "ironic" incorrectly. "Oh man it was so ironic that the car hit the guy" *face palm*
Deja Thoris
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa646 Posts
August 08 2011 07:22 GMT
#300
On August 08 2011 15:57 ToxNub wrote:
TL mods - mental midgets abusing power to suit their biases
People who don't signal when they drive.
Grammar noobs.
WoW players and other carebears
People offended by profanity. I can't count the number of times some wuss got all offended because I, in a jovial mood, said something that included a "fuck" or a "shit" or a "bitch".

Reading-comprehension, straw-mans, OT counter-arguments: This one is a big one for me. I don't want to be a total dbag, but seriously, I am one smart motherfucker, but its like my posts are invisible or something from the amount people disagree with me. Most people can't even read, let alone comprehend, let alone stay on topic, let alone counter an argument that I actually made. It is the most frustrating thing for me when I post a well-reasoned, well supported comment, and then the entire thread of assholes tells me to stop trolling and proceeds to explain in detail, all the reasons I would be wrong if I was making the arguments they invented. I can even repeat my position 3-4 times, and still have people accusing me of random shit. I started to realize that they are actually too stupid to understand what I am saying. They can't even disagree, because they are literally too dumb to even get to the point where disagreement is an option.


People with an over-inflated sense of self worth grind my gears. They normally aren't as smart as they think they are. People that are genuinely smart but that have no people skills also grind my gears. You'd think geniuses would realise that being well rounded is important and learn some people skills so that they can mingle with the mediocrity that they are surrounded by in a way that creates less friction.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 779
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo161
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 10m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 10m
Replay Cast
20h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.