• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10513 users

Jail for eating a live goldfish? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Sapp
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland173 Posts
April 23 2012 09:31 GMT
#21
No tortureing and no live eating so it's like salmon on christmas.

@SolHeiN ur a hypocrite.
Quote? O.o?
SolHeiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1264 Posts
April 23 2012 09:31 GMT
#22
On April 23 2012 18:28 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


A gold fish brain is smaller then the size of the diameter of the nail of your lilfinger. Their memory is extremly short, lasting 5-10 seconds. It's abit different then dogs and cats.
Sources : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish


What does the size of an animals brain have to do with anything? Does the size of an animals brain decide whether it's OK or not OK for you to be cruel to it? Their memory being "extremely short" has been debunked and is just a myth, so that's irrelevant.

What is the difference between a goldfish and a dog or a cat? They are both animals people keep as pets. You might not give a shit about goldfish, but I don't really give a shit about dogs or cats. I would never keep one as a pet, but I would never be cruel to one just for fun.
Mallidon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Scotland557 Posts
April 23 2012 09:32 GMT
#23
On April 23 2012 18:31 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 18:29 Mallidon wrote:
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


Interesting choice of words O.o

Anyways... Reading through the list of things this guy has eaten including live scorpions and a turkey leg infested with maggots, I'm wondering if theres something wrong with him mentally. I'm pretty sure even in cultures where eating strange stuff (strange to most westerners anyway) is the norm, they usually don't go eating live scorpions and shit...


He gets famous by doing it and his friends laugh at him while he consumes all the disgusting things. He also sees it as a challenge and feels it as an achievement when he has succeeded in eating the stuff, no hes not mentally ill. if you watch his videos he seems like an awesome and funny person.


Well I did edit a bit and suggested it could be attention seeking.

I just find it a mental way of doing so :S
Bleh.
Wetty
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia419 Posts
April 23 2012 09:33 GMT
#24
Thats disgusting and somewhat disturbing, but then that seems to be his theme. Doesn't mean putting him in jail is the right way of going about it. I suspect the biggest issue at play is not just his cruelty to animals (which is what most seem to be debating) but the fact the he is actually making money off of this cruelty is the real issue at play (youtube revenues). If the court decided that eating a live goldfish was cruelty to animals then I feel a fine would definitely be appropriate (due to the fact that he made money from its death)

Jail time seems like a waste of resources and time all around.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
April 23 2012 09:33 GMT
#25
The easiest way to sensationalize ANY legal issue is to look at the max sentence. It is completely standard to have hugely exaggerated sentences which get applied then suspended pending completion of some sort of probation. Basically the actual punishment most minor criminals suffer is very small and these "3 years and 20k pound" numbers are just probation insurance.
Grackula
Profile Joined May 2011
133 Posts
April 23 2012 09:33 GMT
#26
On April 23 2012 18:25 Loanshark wrote:
I didn't watch the video, but how is this in any way more significantly cruel than eating a goldfish that is already dead? All the meat products we eat involve killing, is killing a goldfish by chewing it any more or less humane than a cow getting butchered at the slaughterhouse?


Cows get a shot to the head with one of those things the guy uses in No Country For Old Men before being butchered.

Except for our islamic friends, who only eat meat if the animal bleeds to death. (slicing the throat open)
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
April 23 2012 09:33 GMT
#27
setting morals aside and taking a step back.... how funny is it that there is a plant called earth where this thread exists
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
epicanthic
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong295 Posts
April 23 2012 09:34 GMT
#28
There shouldn't be a difference in whether or not the animal was a goldfish. Having more of an emotional attachment to a specific species doesn't make its value or worth any less. What's the difference between a panda and a goldfish? In essence, nothing - only that you 'like' the panda more, for whatever entirely subjective reason you may have. If you reject excessively causing another species harm for no good reason (i.e. getting more subscribers on youtube) then you should also codemn this idiot for doing this.

So yes, this was cruel and unneccesary and the guy doing it is a complete fucking idiot. He shouldn't, however, get put into jail for it. Jails are only meant to seperate and rehabilitate people from the rest of society, something that doesn't need to be done for this guy. A fine on the other hand is completely acceptable, just to push the point home that this shit shouldn't be allowed to happen to any creature regardless of species.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
April 23 2012 09:34 GMT
#29
How anyone can eat a fish without throwing up is beyond me. It tastes awful.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
April 23 2012 09:34 GMT
#30
On April 23 2012 18:28 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


A gold fish brain is smaller then the size of the diameter of the nail of your lilfinger. Their memory is extremly short, lasting 5-10 seconds. It's abit different then dogs and cats.
Sources : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish


How about you bother to actually read the freaking source you post as evidence.

"Goldfish have a memory-span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colors and sounds"
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
April 23 2012 09:35 GMT
#31
i like his hair + he looks like a nice guy who isn't all evil etc it was his goldfish this punishment is just stupid
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
SolHeiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1264 Posts
April 23 2012 09:35 GMT
#32
On April 23 2012 18:31 Sapp wrote:
No tortureing and no live eating so it's like salmon on christmas.

@SolHeiN ur a hypocrite.


You missed the fact that I stated that I find torture or animal cruelty for your own amusement disgusting. I have nothing against the consumption of meat products, and I eat meat every day.

Whatever happens in the food industry happens, and if a person goes to work in the food industry (whatever that may be) and thinks his job is fucking amazing because he gets to kill animals for a living, then I find that individual disgusting, not the collective "food industry" possey.
BearStorm
Profile Joined September 2010
United States795 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 09:36:21
April 23 2012 09:35 GMT
#33
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


Are you a vegetarian? If not you should become one so you can try to maintain the moral highground. By purchasing the common meat you find in the supermarket you are supporting the acts that are involved in making that meat availalbe to you. Just because you are not directly committing the cruel acts that happen in slaughterhouse does not make you any better if you have a healthier/affordable/obtainable alternative to the meat.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Tanukki
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland579 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 09:37:29
April 23 2012 09:36 GMT
#34
I guess the problem is how he makes a spectacle out of eating strange animals. Not that I really care. Goldfish are pretty dumb anyways, they will even kill each other and eat their own babies if you once forget to feed them correctly. So I guess if you forget or are unable to feed your pets for some reason, you should go to jail too.
paradoxOO9
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1123 Posts
April 23 2012 09:36 GMT
#35
People are far too soft nowadays, between things like this and over the top health and safety laws I genuinely fear for humanity sometimes.
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 09:39:50
April 23 2012 09:36 GMT
#36
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

No, not all living creaturs are the same, we need to make distinctions. There is a difference between a goldfish and a dog, fish brains are small and don't have a neocortex.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
April 23 2012 09:37 GMT
#37
On April 23 2012 18:34 PanN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 18:28 Thylacine wrote:
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


A gold fish brain is smaller then the size of the diameter of the nail of your lilfinger. Their memory is extremly short, lasting 5-10 seconds. It's abit different then dogs and cats.
Sources : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish


How about you bother to actually read the freaking source you post as evidence.

"Goldfish have a memory-span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colors and sounds"


While I was reading it my brother asked why I was reading it, I told him why and he said they got that extremly short memory, his and my fault, sorry will edit.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 23 2012 09:38 GMT
#38
On April 23 2012 18:31 SolHeiM wrote:What is the difference between a goldfish and a dog or a cat? They are both animals people keep as pets.

Some people keep ants as pets, should I go to jail for stepping on one? The whole "pet" idea is just downright retarded, some animals aren't worth more than other animals just because people collectively decide they are fun to have in the house.
CrtBalorda
Profile Joined December 2011
Slovenia704 Posts
April 23 2012 09:38 GMT
#39
Ow god, thats so gross. I dont think eating animals alive is okey and shoud be okey, but 20k pounds is a lot of fing money for an animal.

I also dont know how much that is, cuz I dont live in the UK, but cmon thats a lot of cash.
4th August 2012...Never forget.....
Mallidon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Scotland557 Posts
April 23 2012 09:38 GMT
#40
On April 23 2012 18:37 Thylacine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 18:34 PanN wrote:
On April 23 2012 18:28 Thylacine wrote:
On April 23 2012 18:24 SolHeiM wrote:
I am completely behind this. I find eating any animal when it's still alive, or the torture of animals for your own amusement completely disgusting. I don't consider myself particularly oversensitive but I hope this guy gets his just deserts.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating things alive? You're allowed to eat a goldfish alive but not a cat or a dog? They are considered pets and you couldn't say "it's just a goldfish, after all" and then say it's not OK to consume a dog when it's alive, because then I say to you, it's just a dog, after all.

I think he should get jail time and get fined for animal cruelty.


A gold fish brain is smaller then the size of the diameter of the nail of your lilfinger. Their memory is extremly short, lasting 5-10 seconds. It's abit different then dogs and cats.
Sources : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish


How about you bother to actually read the freaking source you post as evidence.

"Goldfish have a memory-span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colors and sounds"


While I was reading it my brother asked why I was reading it, I told him why and he said they got that extremly short memory, his and my fault, sorry will edit.


Sounds to me like you have the attention span of a goldf.... wait a sec... :O

:D
Bleh.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 6957
Horang2 542
Hyuk 437
BeSt 365
Stork 165
Killer 121
sorry 83
Hyun 79
Shinee 71
ggaemo 65
[ Show more ]
Pusan 58
Bonyth 57
Snow 39
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 35
JYJ 25
Noble 6
Sacsri 4
League of Legends
JimRising 489
Other Games
gofns33571
singsing1887
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Lourlo1423
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19m
INu's Battles
2h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 19m
Replay Cast
13h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.