• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9315 users

Joe Paterno dies - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Brosy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States254 Posts
January 22 2012 18:52 GMT
#161
On January 23 2012 03:48 kcaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 03:46 Brosy wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:43 redFF wrote:
The tragedy is that he died before he could face justice for covering up and enabling the rape of children.

Good coach though.


Justice? He did no legal wrong doing. He reported the incident to his superiors, morally you can certainly argue that he did wrong. I don't see how reporting what someone told you is "covering up." You are fucking retard


I'm sure you'd be this defensive if you got raped by that Sundusky guy (IDK his name).... It's not ok to just "let people know" about something going on, especially when you can actually do something to stop it.


Go on, what should he have done then? And don't give me shit about "if you've gotten raped.." My best friends older sister was molested when she was a kid. Rape is a serious thing, Joe should have gone to the police, but he reported it to his superiors instead, who in turn did nothing. Should Joe have followed up, absolutely. But the real monsters in this situation is Sandusky, and the AD and President at Penn State who did nothing.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 22 2012 18:52 GMT
#162
RIP
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
January 22 2012 18:53 GMT
#163
On January 23 2012 03:48 kcaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 03:46 Brosy wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:43 redFF wrote:
The tragedy is that he died before he could face justice for covering up and enabling the rape of children.

Good coach though.


Justice? He did no legal wrong doing. He reported the incident to his superiors, morally you can certainly argue that he did wrong. I don't see how reporting what someone told you is "covering up." You are fucking retard


I'm sure you'd be this defensive if you got raped by that Sundusky guy (IDK his name).... It's not ok to just "let people know" about something going on, especially when you can actually do something to stop it.


When you dont completely understand what you were explained but you report the incident to people who should I struggle to see how thats not doing all he can. I do find it odd that he didnt understand what exactly child molestation is but I can accept that its a generational thing since it wasnt really reported on back in his generation.
kcaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada387 Posts
January 22 2012 18:55 GMT
#164
All I'm saying, is that if I knew someone was getting raped, I'd alert the higher ups (If I was in a school etc.) And call the police so that it ends, and that noone else experiences what the others did. And don't gimme this BS about your friends sister getting raped lalala bullshit. Everyone knows rape is serious, and I'm not trying to underplay it. But if he thought the situation was serious as it was, he would've done more ...
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Ma Jae Yoon
Brosy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States254 Posts
January 22 2012 18:57 GMT
#165
On January 23 2012 03:55 kcaz wrote:
All I'm saying, is that if I knew someone was getting raped, I'd alert the higher ups (If I was in a school etc.) And call the police so that it ends, and that noone else experiences what the others did. And don't gimme this BS about your friends sister getting raped lalala bullshit. Everyone knows rape is serious, and I'm not trying to underplay it. But if he thought the situation was serious as it was, he would've done more ...


He did report the situation to his higher ups. And you are and ignorant little piece of shit. Go fuck off

User was warned for this post
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
January 22 2012 18:57 GMT
#166
On January 23 2012 03:55 kcaz wrote:
All I'm saying, is that if I knew someone was getting raped, I'd alert the higher ups (If I was in a school etc.) And call the police so that it ends, and that noone else experiences what the others did. And don't gimme this BS about your friends sister getting raped lalala bullshit. Everyone knows rape is serious, and I'm not trying to underplay it. But if he thought the situation was serious as it was, he would've done more ...


He did alert higher ups. Thats what "superiors" means.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Cubbieblue66
Profile Joined June 2011
95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-22 18:58:51
January 22 2012 18:58 GMT
#167
Paterno received second hand information that Sandusky was a child molester. There was no way of verifying the information. And as far as I know, Paterno has only been known to have been privy to that single reported instance.

Instead of reporting his friend to the police over allegations that may or may not be true (and forever ruining Sandusky's reputation in the process), he reported the information up his chain of command to a superior who actually had the manpower to order a full investigation.

Paterno's failure was that he did not follow up on his report.
kcaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada387 Posts
January 22 2012 18:58 GMT
#168
I didnt say he didnt.... you moron. I said that I would've done what he did, and more. Because, rape is serious. But I guess it's just a joke to you.

User was temp banned for this post.
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Ma Jae Yoon
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
January 22 2012 18:59 GMT
#169
On January 23 2012 03:53 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 03:48 kcaz wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:46 Brosy wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:43 redFF wrote:
The tragedy is that he died before he could face justice for covering up and enabling the rape of children.

Good coach though.


Justice? He did no legal wrong doing. He reported the incident to his superiors, morally you can certainly argue that he did wrong. I don't see how reporting what someone told you is "covering up." You are fucking retard


I'm sure you'd be this defensive if you got raped by that Sundusky guy (IDK his name).... It's not ok to just "let people know" about something going on, especially when you can actually do something to stop it.


When you dont completely understand what you were explained but you report the incident to people who should I struggle to see how thats not doing all he can. I do find it odd that he didnt understand what exactly child molestation is but I can accept that its a generational thing since it wasnt really reported on back in his generation.

Oh come on. He didn't understand what exactly child molestation is? Really?
kcaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada387 Posts
January 22 2012 19:00 GMT
#170
I'll just go back to lurking. Apparently everyone on TL these days is a fucking Google-Human hybrid.
You can't emphasize enough how much you need to be a paradigm shifter. - Ma Jae Yoon
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
January 22 2012 19:04 GMT
#171
On January 23 2012 03:57 Brosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 03:55 kcaz wrote:
All I'm saying, is that if I knew someone was getting raped, I'd alert the higher ups (If I was in a school etc.) And call the police so that it ends, and that noone else experiences what the others did. And don't gimme this BS about your friends sister getting raped lalala bullshit. Everyone knows rape is serious, and I'm not trying to underplay it. But if he thought the situation was serious as it was, he would've done more ...


He did report the situation to his higher ups. And you are and ignorant little piece of shit. Go fuck off



And then when they did nothing he just sat there and allowed Sandusky to do as he pleased. He even spoke for the guy at a children's charity.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
January 22 2012 19:04 GMT
#172
On January 23 2012 03:59 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 03:53 Adreme wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:48 kcaz wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:46 Brosy wrote:
On January 23 2012 03:43 redFF wrote:
The tragedy is that he died before he could face justice for covering up and enabling the rape of children.

Good coach though.


Justice? He did no legal wrong doing. He reported the incident to his superiors, morally you can certainly argue that he did wrong. I don't see how reporting what someone told you is "covering up." You are fucking retard


I'm sure you'd be this defensive if you got raped by that Sundusky guy (IDK his name).... It's not ok to just "let people know" about something going on, especially when you can actually do something to stop it.


When you dont completely understand what you were explained but you report the incident to people who should I struggle to see how thats not doing all he can. I do find it odd that he didnt understand what exactly child molestation is but I can accept that its a generational thing since it wasnt really reported on back in his generation.

Oh come on. He didn't understand what exactly child molestation is? Really?


Ya he was old weak and frail. He was only smart enough to operate a college football program, amongst other things. The words child, and rape, couldnt possibly be part of his vocabulary. Some of the defenses coming up here are just mind boggling.

I think we can settle on the conclusion that he was a good football coach, but not as good a person as he had been made out to be.
hai2u
Profile Joined September 2011
688 Posts
January 22 2012 19:08 GMT
#173
all he cared about was his football team and turned a blind eye to everything else. Even his family acknowledged that his life was basically just football these past couple of years and nothing else. I wish I could say I was sad for his passing but I'm not.
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
January 22 2012 19:09 GMT
#174
RIP JoePa

One of the best, the world of football will surely miss him.
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
January 22 2012 19:10 GMT
#175
On January 23 2012 00:57 Lebzetu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 00:48 big_boat wrote:
Extremely glad he's gone. Call him a legend all you want, but he was a horrible person.

Wtf

He wasn't the one who molested kids, was he?
That was Sandusky.

he was just the one who ignored it
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
January 22 2012 19:11 GMT
#176
RIP, little ahead of my time ofc, but I will always respect the heroes of the past
Not very surprising to die from cancer at 85 though
SKaysc
Profile Joined May 2010
United States305 Posts
January 22 2012 19:12 GMT
#177
RIP hope this guy stays a legend
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
January 22 2012 19:13 GMT
#178
On January 23 2012 04:10 ChuCky.Ca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 00:57 Lebzetu wrote:
On January 23 2012 00:48 big_boat wrote:
Extremely glad he's gone. Call him a legend all you want, but he was a horrible person.

Wtf

He wasn't the one who molested kids, was he?
That was Sandusky.

he was just the one who ignored it


I wish people read the threads they actually post in.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
January 22 2012 19:13 GMT
#179
...why are there so many disrespectful assholes in this thread btw? How can an old legend dying be such a hot topic...
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
January 22 2012 19:14 GMT
#180
On January 23 2012 04:13 HaXXspetten wrote:
...why are there so many disrespectful assholes in this thread btw? How can an old legend dying be such a hot topic...


Well, if you read the thread, you would know that theres some drama surrounding him, thus, a hot topic.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft32
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
ViBE74
PiGStarcraft32
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
Hyuk 58
Noble 50
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox195
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5057
Khaldor737
Other Games
summit1g8387
FrodaN1943
Coldzera 775
shahzam513
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0285
KnowMe227
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr42
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH366
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21070
Other Games
• imaqtpie768
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 50m
Online Event
11h 50m
FEL
16h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.