• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7635 users

Have you ever used hacks in a game? - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 37 Next All
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 07 2012 06:05 GMT
#241
I used to glitch and cheat in Halo 2 if that counts, never hacking though.

Me and my friend would go into a CTF game and take the flag outside of the map and contest it forever (so the match doesn't end) while the other one of us would run around getting a crapton of kills.

We would also force host and bridge the connection through the computer so you can block someone's IP and it would kick them from the game. (Only a couple times though, I started to feel bad). With host you could also standby to send everyone in the game to a bluescreen while you run around doing whatever for a couple seconds and then repeat. I never did this personally but I played with a kid who did.

Of course abusing all the super jumps was a ton of fun too.

Glitches like the flag bounce or the dummy glitch were amazing too :D

This was all when I was 12/13, but honestly if I still could I would still mess around with those glitches (although I wouldn't do the bridged host thing).

If anyone on here knows of these and did them too that'd be awesome :D but I doubt it.
Magnitoo
Profile Joined August 2011
Serbia125 Posts
January 07 2012 06:12 GMT
#242
I've never used hacks myself but I've helped to develop many hacks and 3rd party programs for different games (especially Warcraft III and CS 1.6). However I am really fond of abusing glitches and figuring out little kwirks in games, it makes me feel smart, dnno why.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
January 07 2012 06:19 GMT
#243
Yes, but only in co-op type games like L4D
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
January 07 2012 06:23 GMT
#244
never used hacks. my cousin came to me once and palyed d2, next time i launched the game there was a maphack rofl, i instantly deleted it.
even wish they didn't exist.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
January 07 2012 06:26 GMT
#245
I always look to exploit every advantage at my disposal whenever I play a game. If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Zrana
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom698 Posts
January 07 2012 06:28 GMT
#246
I used speed hacks in early WoW; no falling damage, move speed as fast as you like it (unslowable), move at any altitude.

Was very useful for getting around and grinding and absolutely roflarious in battlegrounds. However the novelty did wear off pretty quickly and after i stopped using it the only bit i missed was travelling around the world really quickly.
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
January 07 2012 06:29 GMT
#247
I never used hacks, but back in Call of Duty: World at War I abused the shit out of glitches. But who can blame me? Call of Duty 4 was one of the best shooters (I'm not a CoD fan because every game since CoD4 sucks, but CoD4 is quite honestly a good game, so nobody hate) and I spend 60 bucks on World at War and it's awful. So whenever the map Castle would come up I'd just run against the wall until I'd slip under the map and just start invoking nerd rage.
EnderCraft
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 06:32:53
January 07 2012 06:31 GMT
#248
I got banned for using an anti-hack tool in SC:BW : / I didn't like getting BS'd in compstomp games >.>
SC:BW has a higher skill ceiling than SC2? SC 64 is where it's at brah.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
January 07 2012 06:34 GMT
#249
Only Counter-Strike 1.6, for maybe couple of times. Mostly turned them on when another hacker was in the same server. Botted for couple of weeks in a row in WoW, until i got 2nd warning/ban. Next one would've been permanent.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
DeadCell
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada256 Posts
January 07 2012 06:37 GMT
#250
Just in diablo. I remember there was one where you could make your own items and I used to show my friends and they'd be all WHOAAAAA. Of course I must have only been 10 or 11 so I thought it was pretty cool to name my gear after myself



If it comes down to you or them, send flowers.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
January 07 2012 06:38 GMT
#251
(Vote): Yes, but once or twice when younger only.

Way to bias your poll by casting this response in a favorable light. When I was younger, ONLY!, I swear.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
January 07 2012 06:40 GMT
#252
Oh, plenty of times, just to see what they were like. Maphack, wallhack, botting, etc. Using them against another player to gain an unfair advantage? Never.

I think the worst thing I've done in terms of cheating was in WoW where I botted the BG gear for like four straight seasons. When I quit the same, 30% of the people in any given BG were bots anyway, so I figured why not. I never got banned or even warned so I guess I got away with it.
WTFZerg
Profile Joined February 2011
United States704 Posts
January 07 2012 06:42 GMT
#253
Map hacked in D2.

Used Razor in UO private servers but I'm pretty sure the shard I played on endorsed it.
Might makes right.
Drygioni
Profile Joined February 2011
Japan379 Posts
January 07 2012 06:42 GMT
#254
I hacked in diablo when I was little. Pretty sure everyone was using hacks in that game anyway.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
January 07 2012 06:42 GMT
#255
I used a minimap hack in SC:BW over 10 years ago. I didn't even ladder with it, just used it (poorly) in custom games.
Warzilla
Profile Joined December 2010
Czech Republic311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 06:52:36
January 07 2012 06:49 GMT
#256
x22/vt.exe ring any bells german players ? :D im glad that i can at least somewhat trust people in sc2. In CSS it was getting ugly.. Many, many "pro" players were caught cheating.Almost every mix/gather/cw was against some stupid cheater .And yes i tried it a couple of times from frustration and i also wanted to see how it behaves so i can recognize it in demo files (excuses i know but whatever :D)
"AFTER LOST GAME - I usually run around in circles yelling "WHY OH GOD WHY" in my room, pointing towards the sky. After 5 to 10min ,i get tired and go back to playing"
Fijnkonijn
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands48 Posts
January 07 2012 06:50 GMT
#257
CS 1.6 and only once after a friend of mine who I played with told me he had some, used it once but got bored because the bot does all the work for you.. How that can be fun is beyond me, I guess some people are desperate for any sort of succes or attention.

Best thing to do when you encounter a cheater is to just leave the server, if everyone does the same the hacker will either get bored or the owner of the server will get more aware of the hackers and make sure there are more active admins on the server.

Weird thing is that usually when a hacker is in a server and voteban is available, some people still don't realise that they have the option to voteban or that this person is hacking and people on the same team as this cheater are sometimes even happy that they're winning.

Are there not even cheater clans? Like myg0t..

Interesting subject.

Think of something to say by yourself.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
January 07 2012 06:54 GMT
#258
Used a maphack in CS 1.6 when I was about 12-13 for awhile. Never got caught as I was very good as disguising myself with it.

Haven't hacked online since then.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
January 07 2012 06:55 GMT
#259
Never in multiplayer. I've used trainers and stuff for single player games to get straight to the fun part with good weapons sometimes, but nothing that would ever affect other players unfairly.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
ScaryGhost
Profile Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 07:04:30
January 07 2012 06:56 GMT
#260
When I was like 13, in Counter-Strike, hacked for maybe all of a week before I got Vac'd, never did it again. Lost my damn 6 dig though, that sucked like hell could have sold that for 500+$

On January 07 2012 11:21 farvacola wrote:
I can guarantee that far more people have hacked than they think, as anyone who played Pokemon Red or Blue and messed around with missingno technically hacked. That's it for me though :D

If you counted this, then basically every 12 year old in my generation hacked enough for an entire life time. It ruined game cartridges if you weren't careful though, which was a drag.


On January 07 2012 15:40 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Oh, plenty of times, just to see what they were like. Maphack, wallhack, botting, etc. Using them against another player to gain an unfair advantage? Never.

I think the worst thing I've done in terms of cheating was in WoW where I botted the BG gear for like four straight seasons. When I quit the same, 30% of the people in any given BG were bots anyway, so I figured why not. I never got banned or even warned so I guess I got away with it.


This was SOOOO common in the Vanilla honor grinds in wow when the titles came out. Mad honor farms for 16 hours a day, so people just started botting it.
Park Soo Ho I love you!
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.