• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:17
CEST 13:17
KST 20:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7911 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 69 Next
willus
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia41 Posts
November 07 2011 10:02 GMT
#241
Great for learning words here and there while i procrastinate

TL-willus
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
November 07 2011 10:04 GMT
#242
Very nice. I may use this along with Anki for Japanese.
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 10:13:52
November 07 2011 10:05 GMT
#243
I am TL-SwAMi

I am doing German

By the way, I think the site is bugged, does anyone else think so? For some reason even without getting a word wrong my streak would drop for random words :S

Also, I would do the session and be ranked 7500 for example, then after blitzing another one, my rank is like 8200? What am I not understanding?
Oh no
RandomAccount#122857
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
243 Posts
November 07 2011 10:06 GMT
#244
--- Nuked ---
ChapatiyaqPTSM
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1887 Posts
November 07 2011 10:19 GMT
#245
TL-Chapatiyaq learning Spanish!
LiquipediaBoy, these pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
November 07 2011 10:25 GMT
#246
TL-grobo

I'll be doing Japanese
We make signature, then defense it.
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
November 07 2011 10:28 GMT
#247
TL-Hemula

Learning korean.
dehydrogenaza
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland122 Posts
November 07 2011 10:32 GMT
#248
I wanted to improve my Norwegian, but the site is useless for this purpose. "Jeg tenker pa deg" = "I'm think about you". Looks like Google Translate to me, so sorry, I won't be learning foreign languages according to this.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 10:37:34
November 07 2011 10:35 GMT
#249
On November 07 2011 17:21 FILM wrote:
I'm using the Korean Master List. I don't know what good all this vocabulary will do me seeing as how I have little to no knowledge of the alphabet, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. That said, I also pretty much skip every one of the 'write this word in Korean' questions. Maybe someday in the future I will be able to read a sign in Korean or two.


Dude you can learn the Korean alphabet in like 30 mins to a hour tops.

Each character has a distinct sound to them and in no time you will memorize all the sounds.
________________

I need to try the Korean version is it any good?
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 10:45:43
November 07 2011 10:39 GMT
#250
Oh forgot my username in previous post, its TL-Mithriel (Swedish)

Doubt ill be on leaderboard soon, just learning 1 language
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
November 07 2011 10:39 GMT
#251
On November 07 2011 19:32 dehydrogenaza wrote:
I wanted to improve my Norwegian, but the site is useless for this purpose. "Jeg tenker pa deg" = "I'm think about you". Looks like Google Translate to me, so sorry, I won't be learning foreign languages according to this.

This seems to be a major weakness of the site: It's really just offering a framework for creating flashcard sets, but the sets are created and curated by users, so some of it just straight up sucks. There's one good Japanese word set that isn't limited to like 20 words, but other than that there's not much to find for that language, either. I imagine if the site gets a decent community going, there will eventually be at least one good word list for all the major languages, but at the moment that's definitely not the case.
The frumious Bandersnatch
FILM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States663 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 10:43:09
November 07 2011 10:42 GMT
#252
On November 07 2011 19:35 Silentness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 17:21 FILM wrote:
I'm using the Korean Master List. I don't know what good all this vocabulary will do me seeing as how I have little to no knowledge of the alphabet, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. That said, I also pretty much skip every one of the 'write this word in Korean' questions. Maybe someday in the future I will be able to read a sign in Korean or two.


Dude you can learn the Korean alphabet in like 30 mins to a hour tops.

Each character has a distinct sound to them and in no time you will memorize all the sounds.
________________

I need to try the Korean version is it any good?


Yeah the alphabet does look pretty simple now that you mention it.

Also, I've gone through about 200 words now in the Korean Master List. I have no idea how helpful this all is, but I can definitely say it's a lot of fun!
Artosis:  "It's like Detroit in there."   Tasteless:  "Lots of shootings and damaged buildings."
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
November 07 2011 10:44 GMT
#253
To the other people that are studying Japanese on the site, am i not supposed to write the words in kanji?

For example when they want me to write Refrigerator i write 冷蔵庫 but it says it's wrong? and it happens every time
i write the kanji for a word.
We make signature, then defense it.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
November 07 2011 10:48 GMT
#254
On November 07 2011 19:39 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 19:32 dehydrogenaza wrote:
I wanted to improve my Norwegian, but the site is useless for this purpose. "Jeg tenker pa deg" = "I'm think about you". Looks like Google Translate to me, so sorry, I won't be learning foreign languages according to this.

This seems to be a major weakness of the site: It's really just offering a framework for creating flashcard sets, but the sets are created and curated by users, so some of it just straight up sucks. There's one good Japanese word set that isn't limited to like 20 words, but other than that there's not much to find for that language, either. I imagine if the site gets a decent community going, there will eventually be at least one good word list for all the major languages, but at the moment that's definitely not the case.


Could you tell me what list you are using for Japanese, the one i'm using right now is pretty halfassed.
We make signature, then defense it.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
November 07 2011 11:17 GMT
#255
how advanced do the words and phrases get? I'm trying to improve my Chinese, but like it's starting at mouth and sun. It would probably take the better part of a year before it actually gets to my level.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Robinsa
Profile Joined May 2009
Japan1333 Posts
November 07 2011 11:38 GMT
#256
On November 07 2011 19:44 grobo wrote:
To the other people that are studying Japanese on the site, am i not supposed to write the words in kanji?

For example when they want me to write Refrigerator i write 冷蔵庫 but it says it's wrong? and it happens every time
i write the kanji for a word.

I just write it in Kanji it and it works for me. I use the ordinary Hiragana input. My nick is Robinsa at the site.
4649!!
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
November 07 2011 11:45 GMT
#257
I just came home from a Chinese lesson, with one hour to kill. I felt that the wise thing would be to study more, but another part of me just wanted to play games. Undecided, I checked TL, and got that fuzzy yet scary feeling that TL has everything I need to make my life complete.

Really impressed with the program so far, and it's great one of the founders is taking the time to post in this thread. Will let you know how I get on.

My username is TL-Talafar.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
sl0v
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway51 Posts
November 07 2011 11:53 GMT
#258
If someone tickles the lazypart of my brain so I cba to learn the korean alphabet I'll get on that "language pack" as well. For the time being I'm trying out the Spanish version (given spanish / portugese is spoken several places in the world).

Add me to the list, going under the username TL-kstavem
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 12:01:11
November 07 2011 11:59 GMT
#259
TL-Mastermyth here.

I'm planning on going to Madagascar next year so I'm going to increase my French vocabulary which is sorely lacking. Excellent tool so far and very enjoyable, competitiveness has always helped stimulate me to learn things. Also going to try to expand my German a bit.
JoFritzMD
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia163 Posts
November 07 2011 12:02 GMT
#260
If this program does nothing more then remind me of how to read Hangul then it's good enough for me. Though I can't figure out how to make my keyboard type in hangul.
Also, typing the word in english sometimes counts as correct, sometime counts as "nearly" and sometimes it just says that you need to type the word in korean. So i'm not sure how that works. :S

TL-JoFritzMD btw.
"Guess what. All my strategies are made of balls." - Tasteless
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 597
RotterdaM127
Rex68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko320
RotterdaM 127
Rex 68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC 47
ByuN 38
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9993
Shuttle 1411
Soulkey 801
Bisu 734
Jaedong 556
Horang2 443
Mong 399
BeSt 376
actioN 288
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
Stork 209
Soma 208
Larva 149
Mini 143
Rush 130
Zeus 129
Last 110
Hyun 92
Pusan 84
PianO 76
Mind 71
910 70
ZerO 68
Snow 66
Free 60
sorry 57
Yoon 52
Shine 50
Shinee 37
hero 34
Sharp 31
Sexy 30
sSak 25
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 22
HiyA 21
EffOrt 19
ZergMaN 18
Hm[arnc] 11
JYJ 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
yabsab 7
Aegong 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe289
canceldota0
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1498
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King235
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes250
Other Games
gofns35938
singsing2016
B2W.Neo221
DeMusliM188
Pyrionflax177
KnowMe144
Livibee140
Trikslyr19
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1234
Other Games
• Shiphtur834
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 43m
The PondCast
22h 43m
INu's Battles
23h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.