• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5649 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 69 Next
Porcelain
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States218 Posts
November 07 2011 03:59 GMT
#181
On November 07 2011 12:49 Babyfactory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 12:47 Porcelain wrote:
I wish American Sign Language was an option.

Oh well, this is still awesome. TL-Porcelain


Agreed. I'd love to advance my knowledge of American Sign Language. It's extremely fun to communicate with sign language.



Yes, it's addicting! I love it. My favorite language, probably because I feel it's the easiest to learn (for some people). I've always struggled with learning a foreign language. I think adding ASL to memrise would be awesome. I guess I'll just dabble in some Korean for fun in the mean time!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Porcelain_Sam
Seth_
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Belgium184 Posts
November 07 2011 04:01 GMT
#182
Is there any way to skip to the harder parts of the tests, in case you already know a language decently?
Also, can we just do tests from: english => other language? Constantly switching between exercises is harder than the actual tests.
SneakyAZN
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States200 Posts
November 07 2011 04:09 GMT
#183
oh very nice brushing up on my Chinese characters and it looks to be really neat
user is TL-ReVival
mechavoc
Profile Joined December 2010
United States664 Posts
November 07 2011 04:14 GMT
#184
cool concept, TLs worldwide user base should give it a real advantage
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
November 07 2011 04:19 GMT
#185
this is quite cool, i was always terrible with langauges at school but i think i might have a vague go at learning mandarin. thanks
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
Hunterai
Profile Joined October 2010
Thailand842 Posts
November 07 2011 04:31 GMT
#186
climbing the ladder is a good motivation for learning new vocabs haha
GhostBusters
Profile Joined July 2010
United States198 Posts
November 07 2011 04:41 GMT
#187
Omg i love you! This is awesome....i'm using the SAT vocab beta one....since i'm in the process of moving and can't play games, this is amazing!
Yut, bellybuttons.
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
November 07 2011 04:54 GMT
#188
Is it possible to create a "playlist" or garden of specific words that you want to practice? For school I rarely need most of the words I currently have on memrise and wish to create my own set of words to practice for when test/exams come along.
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
November 07 2011 05:03 GMT
#189
TL-Suc

and here I thought I had run out of procrastination devices and was about to begin studying for my exams. Time to CRUSH THIS
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
November 07 2011 05:06 GMT
#190
cool, gonna work on hangul now :D
xd
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
November 07 2011 05:07 GMT
#191
On November 07 2011 13:54 NationInArms wrote:
Is it possible to create a "playlist" or garden of specific words that you want to practice? For school I rarely need most of the words I currently have on memrise and wish to create my own set of words to practice for when test/exams come along.


you can create your own wordlist.
http://www.memrise.com/set/create/
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
November 07 2011 05:08 GMT
#192
On November 07 2011 14:07 idonthinksobro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 13:54 NationInArms wrote:
Is it possible to create a "playlist" or garden of specific words that you want to practice? For school I rarely need most of the words I currently have on memrise and wish to create my own set of words to practice for when test/exams come along.


you can create your own wordlist.
http://www.memrise.com/set/create/


thanks! *grades start rising*
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
Siborg
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia51 Posts
November 07 2011 05:11 GMT
#193
This might be just the thing i need to get me actually started on learning Japanese. Looks great.

TL-Siborg for any interested.
He looks really angry, I wish I wasnt me but i guess I dont have much of a choice.
megapants
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1314 Posts
November 07 2011 05:13 GMT
#194
TL-megapants

just started the spanish course. i'm always down for competition, but i really do need to brush up on my spanish as well. gogo TL rule the ladder!!
Legat0
Profile Joined October 2010
United States318 Posts
November 07 2011 05:14 GMT
#195
Thanks for the site! This will help me with my Mandarin studies. I signed up under TL-Legato if anyone is interested.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 07 2011 05:15 GMT
#196
TL-Bobbias

Just started korean. Also learning some Kanj for japanese, but that's on hold for now. My hangeul is not great, but what's worse is that I can't properly recall the words well enough to write them, and even when I do, my knowledge of the hangeul layout for the keyboard is bad enough that I can't type the word in time.
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 05:17:46
November 07 2011 05:16 GMT
#197
TL-Dwell

add me too the list, gunna climb the german ladder

just looked at the leader boards, TL already reppin' some of the top spots, gogogogo
Dwell
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
November 07 2011 05:36 GMT
#198
On November 07 2011 14:15 Bobbias wrote:
TL-Bobbias

Just started korean. Also learning some Kanj for japanese, but that's on hold for now. My hangeul is not great, but what's worse is that I can't properly recall the words well enough to write them, and even when I do, my knowledge of the hangeul layout for the keyboard is bad enough that I can't type the word in time.

Yeah, I found that to not be the greatest idea when I started Korean on there. I think I'm really lucky that I know the Korean keyboard layout off by heart and that I already know some Korean, otherwise the Korean program would be a bit too difficult imo.
pikaaarrr :3
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States593 Posts
November 07 2011 05:41 GMT
#199
TL-pikaaarrr

gonna climb chinese and korean, except i don't know korean and am awful at typing it in a timely fashion tt
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
November 07 2011 05:45 GMT
#200
Lol TL is wrecking this ladder, is it cheating if I already kinda know 4 of the 5 languages I'm doing on there? :D
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 117
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2234
GuemChi 637
Snow 170
Leta 130
Bale 30
Noble 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 620
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
Other Games
summit1g7116
WinterStarcraft357
C9.Mang0275
Sick153
ViBE81
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2164
League of Legends
• Lourlo1390
• Stunt435
Other Games
• Shiphtur500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 13m
Patches Events
10h 13m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.