• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7083 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 615

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 613 614 615 616 617 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
May 05 2015 18:22 GMT
#12281
On May 06 2015 03:20 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:13 Chocolate wrote:
On May 06 2015 02:48 SixStrings wrote:
Half your age plus four is the cutoff, right?

trust your gut

better rule of thumb: if your friends would give you shit for it or her parents would be upset about your age, she's too young

also I'm pretty sure it's half your age plus 7. I don't think 18 year olds should be messing around with 13 year olds lol.


After 18 everything goes. After 16 if you are 18 or younger.

If her parents or your friends give you shit it's a non issue. If your friends give you shit for dating a beautiful, younger woman, you need new friends.

Legally everything goes but that doesn't make it right. I find it hard to believe a 50 year old could have an equitable relationship with an 18 year old
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
May 05 2015 18:23 GMT
#12282
On May 06 2015 03:20 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:13 Chocolate wrote:
On May 06 2015 02:48 SixStrings wrote:
Half your age plus four is the cutoff, right?

trust your gut

better rule of thumb: if your friends would give you shit for it or her parents would be upset about your age, she's too young

also I'm pretty sure it's half your age plus 7. I don't think 18 year olds should be messing around with 13 year olds lol.


After 18 everything goes. After 16 if you are 18 or younger.

If her parents or your friends give you shit it's a non issue. If your friends give you shit for dating a beautiful, younger woman, you need new friends.

that highly depends on the standard for friendship, if you have good righteous friends, listening to their advice on social norms is not a bad idea
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-05 18:26:32
May 05 2015 18:25 GMT
#12283
On May 06 2015 03:22 Chocolate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:20 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 06 2015 03:13 Chocolate wrote:
On May 06 2015 02:48 SixStrings wrote:
Half your age plus four is the cutoff, right?

trust your gut

better rule of thumb: if your friends would give you shit for it or her parents would be upset about your age, she's too young

also I'm pretty sure it's half your age plus 7. I don't think 18 year olds should be messing around with 13 year olds lol.


After 18 everything goes. After 16 if you are 18 or younger.

If her parents or your friends give you shit it's a non issue. If your friends give you shit for dating a beautiful, younger woman, you need new friends.

Legally everything goes but that doesn't make it right. I find it hard to believe a 50 year old could have an equitable relationship with an 18 year old


Relationships are never equitable. I don't think there is anything morally wrong with dating younger woman. This is assuming you are dating because you both like each other, not because you are paying her stuff or other things that also happen in same age relationship that I consider wrong.

I do think there is something wrong if you want to date someone, and you hold back because of what other people might think about you.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-05 18:33:09
May 05 2015 18:30 GMT
#12284
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
May 05 2015 18:31 GMT
#12285
On May 06 2015 03:22 Chocolate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:20 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 06 2015 03:13 Chocolate wrote:
On May 06 2015 02:48 SixStrings wrote:
Half your age plus four is the cutoff, right?

trust your gut

better rule of thumb: if your friends would give you shit for it or her parents would be upset about your age, she's too young

also I'm pretty sure it's half your age plus 7. I don't think 18 year olds should be messing around with 13 year olds lol.


After 18 everything goes. After 16 if you are 18 or younger.

If her parents or your friends give you shit it's a non issue. If your friends give you shit for dating a beautiful, younger woman, you need new friends.

Legally everything goes but that doesn't make it right. I find it hard to believe a 50 year old could have an equitable relationship with an 18 year old


I don't think it has anything to do with being equitable or whatever else.

Ostensibly there really isn't anything wrong with an 18 year old and a 50 year old having a relationship. The way we view that now is that obviously one is a sugar daddy or mommy or whatever but this isn't ALWAYS the case.

It is very possible for two people with that large of an age difference to be in a relationship with one another because there is actual attraction and chemistry there. Rare? Yes. People of those ages tend to be in very different places in their lives. That doesn't make it automatically wrong though.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
May 05 2015 18:42 GMT
#12286
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.

you have my blessing.
ablagesys
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria18 Posts
May 05 2015 18:54 GMT
#12287
When it works, it works. Age should never be a reason. If you like each other, nothing else matters.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-06 03:57:31
May 05 2015 19:43 GMT
#12288
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.


The "rule" is half your age minus plus seven, not four. 27 to 18 is iffy, depends highly on the individuals.

edit: oops.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 06 2015 00:36 GMT
#12289
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.


My respects to you good sir
Slayers_Red.Cracker
Profile Joined March 2011
36 Posts
May 06 2015 01:53 GMT
#12290
On May 06 2015 04:43 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.


The "rule" is half your age minus seven, not four. 27 to 18 is iffy, depends highly on the individuals.


You mean Plus seven I hope?
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
May 06 2015 01:54 GMT
#12291
On May 06 2015 09:36 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.


My respects to you good sir

I'm 21, she's 33. Feels file.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
May 06 2015 03:59 GMT
#12292
On May 06 2015 10:53 Slayers_Red.Cracker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 04:43 Najda wrote:
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.


The "rule" is half your age minus seven, not four. 27 to 18 is iffy, depends highly on the individuals.


You mean Plus seven I hope?


haha yes, thanks, that's quite the difference. We don't need 40 year olds dating 13 year olds.

You can do [(Your Age) - 7)]*2 to find your upper limit, which is where I got the minus from.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
May 06 2015 05:26 GMT
#12293
On May 06 2015 03:30 SixStrings wrote:
I meant "half your age plus four" with the qualification that she has to be legal in your country. I'm assuming 21 in the US land 16 everywhere else.

In my case: I'm 27, she's 18. It feels a bit weird, but on paper it shouldn't.



Wont you get bored or annoyed of her after a few week anyway? I dont mean that offensive.
But the 18-20 year olds I meet (im 29) just lack the intellectual capability and/or aren not emotional mature enough to consider them for a realtionship.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
May 06 2015 07:54 GMT
#12294
Well, I already told her that I can't have a relationship with her because I'm going abroad soon, but she doesn't seem to care.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable with our arrangement, because she's still a pupil.
Which is also the beauty of our arrangement: her parents don't allow her to sleep over, so she always leaves after a couole of hours.

When it comes to maturity, I don't think it's too bad. Her parents are wealthy and she has seen most of the world and has amazing stories to tell already. I still feel awfully guilty every time we meet.

Moving on:
Last week I decided to take the tram for us, was sat opposite a green haired angel who was playing Ocarina of Time on her 3ds, decided to talk to her and we're meeting tomorrow! Really nice break from the Tinder-dates, I gotta tell you!
Plus, it was a rainy day, my hair was frizzy and stupid, so she's already seen me at my worst. With the sun as my ally, I'll sweep her off her feet tomorrow!
lastpuritan
Profile Joined December 2014
United States540 Posts
May 06 2015 08:11 GMT
#12295
i am 24 she is 19 and she wants marriage hows that
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
May 06 2015 08:59 GMT
#12296
On May 06 2015 17:11 lastpuritan wrote:
i am 24 she is 19 and she wants marriage hows that


I think that's sweet.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
May 06 2015 08:59 GMT
#12297
On May 06 2015 16:54 SixStrings wrote:
Well, I already told her that I can't have a relationship with her because I'm going abroad soon, but she doesn't seem to care.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable with our arrangement, because she's still a pupil.
Which is also the beauty of our arrangement: her parents don't allow her to sleep over, so she always leaves after a couole of hours.

When it comes to maturity, I don't think it's too bad. Her parents are wealthy and she has seen most of the world and has amazing stories to tell already. I still feel awfully guilty every time we meet.



Dont feel guilty. To me it seems she is using you just as much as you are using her
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
May 06 2015 09:27 GMT
#12298
On May 06 2015 17:59 Snotling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 16:54 SixStrings wrote:
Well, I already told her that I can't have a relationship with her because I'm going abroad soon, but she doesn't seem to care.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable with our arrangement, because she's still a pupil.
Which is also the beauty of our arrangement: her parents don't allow her to sleep over, so she always leaves after a couole of hours.

When it comes to maturity, I don't think it's too bad. Her parents are wealthy and she has seen most of the world and has amazing stories to tell already. I still feel awfully guilty every time we meet.



Dont feel guilty. To me it seems she is using you just as much as you are using her


Thanks, never thought of it that way. That's kind of hot.
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-06 10:55:41
May 06 2015 10:36 GMT
#12299
On May 06 2015 18:27 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2015 17:59 Snotling wrote:
On May 06 2015 16:54 SixStrings wrote:
Well, I already told her that I can't have a relationship with her because I'm going abroad soon, but she doesn't seem to care.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable with our arrangement, because she's still a pupil.
Which is also the beauty of our arrangement: her parents don't allow her to sleep over, so she always leaves after a couole of hours.

When it comes to maturity, I don't think it's too bad. Her parents are wealthy and she has seen most of the world and has amazing stories to tell already. I still feel awfully guilty every time we meet.



Dont feel guilty. To me it seems she is using you just as much as you are using her


Thanks, never thought of it that way. That's kind of hot.


Older dude musician boyfriend, you are perfect to make her parents mad and her friends jealous :D.

On the other hand: if I was her dad, I would hunt you with a rifle.
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-06 23:21:11
May 06 2015 23:16 GMT
#12300
I'm finally willing to admit I might have a porn addiction. After a complete lack of success with women for years (which quite frankly stems from a completely wrong approach to women as people I think) I'm going to give NoFap a go for a while and see if things improve. After reading through the list of reported positive effects on the subreddit (and watching the Ted talk on the subject) I'm hoping this helps me be the person I want to be. There was a scary amount of overlap between that list of symptoms of your brain on porn/potential positive effects and what I consider wrong with my life/attitude at the moment, so I'm hopeful.
Prev 1 613 614 615 616 617 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Coldzera 353
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g7314
JimRising 645
WinterStarcraft542
C9.Mang0175
ViBE128
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra897
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 20m
INu's Battles
7h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 20m
OSC
18h 35m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.